The Gaming Chat Café

815 replies to this topic
Zombified Andy
  • Zombified Andy

Master of procrastination

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted A week ago

Interesting article about the lesser known (or lesser mentioned) issues of the so praised Steam ExtremeTech.

I highly recommend this reading, and I think the biggest reason the mentioned issues appeared is because Steam clearly has a monopoly when it comes to PC games distribution which is really hard to overcome. Some companies such as EA and Ubisoft have their own platforms but it for their own games, and other attempts like Windows Store tend to make the market confusing by splitting the titles you own across digital platforms.

B7R
  • B7R

Custom

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 6 days ago

How cheap does GTAV For PC get when it comes to Steam sales? 

I've been holding off on getting GTAV for PC for a while as the price has just been out of what I'm willing to pay for it but EB-Games (Our own Gamestop) is currently selling it on sale for $57 (Disc Based of course). According to leaks on the internet which I'm taking a grain of salt with, the next major steam sale isn't far off apparently so I don't know if I should hold out and buy it from steam when it goes on sale (if it does) or just buy it from EB's while I can. 

Hard to choose which method I should buy GTAV with. 

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 6 days ago

For these kind of questions https://isthereanydeal.comis the site you want.

In this case, it gives $30 as the lowest price, and the price history shows that last happened in march.

fashion
  • fashion

No More Slots

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

I have a question out of pure curiousity regarding PC gaming. I haven't been a PC gamer since 2004 or so. If you want to play a game, do you have to play it via Steam or a similar platform? Is piracy still a thing people get away with? Can one simply download a game for free and play it? I'm not talking about retro games but rather recent releases.

I don't intend to neither buy a gaming pc, nor pirate a game. I just wonder if it's still a huge issue. Back then, pirating a game was easier than walking to the store to buy it and some developers lost millions because of it. I don't intend to start any forum rule breaking discussion, all I want to ask is if piracy in modern gaming has better security measures and if the sales still suffer from piracy.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted A day ago

Modern gaming still has a fair amount of piracy, but it's not as easy as it used to be, especially with the rise of online games that are basically impossible to pirate and more platforms like steam (Blizzard's battle.net, EA's Origin, Ubisoft's Uplay).
  • Mister Pink likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

There are also frequent sales on various online stores so you can get an abundance of games for dirt cheap. Not as much need to pirate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users