Photo

The Gaming Chat Café

812 replies to this topic
MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:55 AM

Thanks an absolute ton for your feedback guys. The effort you put into each of your posts made me respect you individually for the thought you put into your posts. Silly pretty drunken cock gurgle over.

How hard would it be to track down the first two Mass Effects in stores? Or is it futile and should just be an immediate internet purchase instead?

Chad Warden
  • Chad Warden

goes by many different names

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:58 AM

Not hard, man. Go to Walmart or Gamestop and check the bins. In Gamestop they have them with the name on the side facing up, all in a row. You know what I'm trying to say? :lol:

Vehicles
  • Vehicles

Not much of an impression...

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:31 PM

Not hard, man. Go to Walmart or Gamestop and check the bins. In Gamestop they have them with the name on the side facing up, all in a row. You know what I'm trying to say? :lol:

I wish my country have GameStop.The local store only sell brand new games and some ps2 games.But do not sell used games.

Tanto
  • Tanto

E.Nigma

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:28 PM

Is anyone playing Robocraft ? I started a few days ago after completing the Darksiders series and I'm hooked lol ...... Imagine building whatever you like out of Lego, attaching weapons, rotor/hover blades, tank tracks, wheels and so on and then using them to fight other people's creations with realistic physics (i.e you have you consider size, power/weight ratio, balance, stability).

Definitely recommend trying it out if you haven't already.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:42 AM

This year has been pretty disappointing in gaming. If games this year are all gonna end up like The Order 1886 I'm scared.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Rebellions are built on hope

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:39 PM Edited by HaythamKenway, 23 February 2015 - 01:39 PM.

@Zello

We're just second month in and the winter season is always disappointing. MGS V is coming.

But yeah, otherwise there isn't much to look forward to. I'm curious about what we'll see at E3, but I'd say even if there is something interesting, it'll come in 2016 (Fallout 4). Just Cause 3 and Arkham Knight look fun, but nothing groundbreaking. Rockstar will probably spend this year doing nothing but pushing out theme pack DLCs for V, Ubi can go either way with AC: Victory (precedent with II and IV says it'll go up, but who knows). In other news, EA is about to butcher Star Wars: Battlefront, there will be Black Ops III (not in WW2, I bet) and Nintendo will have the most interesting exclusives again (Splatoon, LoZ), but that won't be enough to make Wii U a system worth buying. So, it seems like I'll just spend another year in gaming hibernation, just like the last one.

• Zello likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:06 PM Edited by Fireman, 23 February 2015 - 02:12 PM.

So, it seems like I'll just spend another year in gaming hibernation, just like the last one.

Witcher 3 m8.

• JZFB likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:27 PM

I ordered one of these yesterday: http://store.bethsof...head-5inch.html

I've always wanted one and missed out on the first series. Glad I could finally get my hands on one, but I don't think I'll be collecting them.
  • Tanto likes this

Tanto
  • Tanto

E.Nigma

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:31 PM

I ordered one of these yesterday: http://store.bethsof...head-5inch.html

I've always wanted one and missed out on the first series. Glad I could finally get my hands on one, but I don't think I'll be collecting them.

That is awesome, loved every fallout game and really cant wait for Fallout 4.

Is anyone playing 7 days to die ? ..... I am hosting a game If anyone would like to join me and Nedny, its called IamLegend.

• RyanBurnsRed likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:21 PM

It arrived just now and I love it already :D

Spoiler

• LightningLord, Payne Killer and Tanto like this

Tanto
  • Tanto

E.Nigma

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:37 PM

It arrived just now and I love it already :D

That looks cool mate, I have a real Tanto Blade and Kunai knife as my desk mascots haha.

(I'm a Japanese sword collector if you couldn't already tell by my name :lol:).

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

🧀

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:28 AM Edited by LightningLord411, 26 February 2015 - 04:04 AM.

- I beat the main story of Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (PS4) not too long ago. I have to say that I loved the game. The hand to hand combat was great. Had some nice combo moves. One of my favorites are being able to break peoples' knees and some surrounding NPCs cringe and get scared. Haha. Melee weapons are fun too. As for guns, I was impressed. They sound and feel incredible. At times, AIs' shooting was kinda off. Not too much challenge. But still fun. The map looks gorgeous. I was amazed by it. Despite the fact that it's a bit small compared to ones like GTA V, it's still good. The story felt a little predictable at times, but to me, it had me going to the end. I was satisfied. The game has no online multiplayer though. If it had some multiplayer mode similar to GTA IV/GTAO, I would be playing the game even more. Despite that, it's a great game. I loved it. (The game is far from perfect though.)

- Started to play Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4). I went to some public matches and the game's multiplayer is fun. The exo suits add a little twist to it. It does feel a little "samey", though. (Obviously, because it's Call of Duty) But I had fun. Made it to about Level 10, I think. (I kept getting paired with level 40s and 50s and I was one of the better players, haha.)

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:19 AM

I finished the story of Pokémon AlphaSapphire a day ago. It's a fantastic game, easily the most addictive experience I've had in a long time and it alone made the system worth buying. My last Pokémon game was actually Crystal, so the jump from the second generation to the sixth was simply staggering. I've spend first few hours just beaming childlike wonder and excitement. It was a similar jump that I've felt, for example, when I went from 3D Era GTAs to IV. And it's not just the most obvious difference, the full 3D engine, but all those new features and gameplay improvements too. Yet, it still feels like good old Pokémon.

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:55 PM

I have a question regarding Origin's Game Time. When you start playing a game with Game Time (BF4, for example), when you stop playing and exit the game, does the time counter for the Game Time stop and begin again when you start playing again, or does it continue even when you're not playing?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:18 PM

From what I can remember from Titanfall it continues to run once you activate it, so only use it during weekends.

• Vanto likes this

Tanto
  • Tanto

E.Nigma

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:15 PM

Last night me and Nedny was playing 7 days to die on the game I am hosting (IamLegend)..... we was working on building our underground city, I asked him to remove a chair that was against one of the cave walls so I could re-place it with a desk & lamp and low and behold the whole thing comes down on our head and kills us both (I wasn't aware that the chair was acting as a support to our underground cave entrance/room). After we got back to our bags and collected our stuff we thought never mind, we can build over that part again and fill it in with the sandstone/clay we have collected. 

I thought I might as well put the table/lamp down now so I did and what happened next was quite funny but not cool at the same time.....our 4-5 days of mining underground came down and we watched it happen, there is a now a crater the size of a meteor strike in the middle of the desert lol

Moral of the story ? ..... think about your foundations before you try to make something look pretty.  :lol:

I really don't feel like filling in this meteor sized crater so I have re-started the game I am hosting as there wasn't anyone who stuck around long enough to build anything, attempt number 2 starts today. 

drifter.
  • drifter.

eh.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:04 PM

Xbox one game sharing? How does that work?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:54 PM Edited by Fireman, 02 March 2015 - 12:38 PM.

Moral of the story ? ..... think about your foundations before you try to make something look pretty.  :lol:

I really don't feel like filling in this meteor sized crater so I have re-started the game I am hosting as there wasn't anyone who stuck around long enough to build anything, attempt number 2 starts today. 

I am playing Project Zomboid at the moment, lucky foundations or physics don't exist there (you can build a floating base even).

The community there is amazing though, I decided to group up in one of the main buildings, that literally everyone knows where to find and build a base/community there, within one day we had 10 players there and nother 6/7 that came by, didn't steal anything or kill anyone or tried to burn the place down and left again peacefully.

We barricaded everything pretty well at first, but then a plane flew over our base (the building is basically next to a freeway, which had a horde on it) and the horde moves into our base, broke down the windows and we had fight around 80 zombies with just the five of us, while two of us had a fractured leg (which means you move terribly slow) and still no one ran away and everyone survived (albeit scratched/hurt). The base was a mess though, but it's completely fortified now.

First time I had that much fun in PZ, almost felt like a walking dead episode, except someone should've died :p

• Tanto likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:21 PM

I want my Last Guardian! :cry:

Tanto
  • Tanto

E.Nigma

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:46 PM Edited by Tanto, 02 March 2015 - 06:46 PM.

I am playing Project Zomboid at the moment, lucky foundations or physics don't exist there (you can build a floating base even).

The community there is amazing though, I decided to group up in one of the main buildings, that literally everyone knows where to find and build a base/community there, within one day we had 10 players there and nother 6/7 that came by, didn't steal anything or kill anyone or tried to burn the place down and left again peacefully.

We barricaded everything pretty well at first, but then a plane flew over our base (the building is basically next to a freeway, which had a horde on it) and the horde moves into our base, broke down the windows and we had fight around 80 zombies with just the five of us, while two of us had a fractured leg (which means you move terribly slow) and still no one ran away and everyone survived (albeit scratched/hurt). The base was a mess though, but it's completely fortified now.

First time I had that much fun in PZ, almost felt like a walking dead episode, except someone should've died :p

That sounds like a lot of fun lol ...... We only have 3 players on our game at the moment so nothing hectic has happened yet but we did have to deal with a horde of about 30-40 zombies yesterday which was quite fun, I ended up being infected after I got hit so we had to go out searching for antibiotics before I turned and ate my friends face's lol.

Took a picture of a funny bug we discovered yesterday.

iHhxHhY.png

Chameleon style  :lol:

• Fireman likes this

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:57 PM

Unreal Engine 4 is now free.

https://www.unrealen...unreal-engine-4

Basic breakdown of its significance explained by someone on Reddit:

I'd like to provide a layman's explanation of why this is amazing for all gamers, not just devs.

Unreal engine has been actively developed since 1998. Epic was one of the first few companies to get into licensing 3D engine technology for games, and their product has been one of the top game development packages for more than 15 years. The list of titles that use Unreal is just staggering, at over 600 games: http://en.wikipedia....al_Engine_games
(tl;dr of that list: Unreal was used for Bioshock & Bioshock Infinite, Gears of War, Borderlands, the Tom Clancy franchise, the Batman: Arkham franchise, the original Deus Ex, etc. etc. etc.)

It gets better: With the release of Unreal Engine 4 (aka UE4, the latest version), Epic has made it very clear that they want to focus on game developers as their customers. The workflow has improved drastically, the engine was expanded to cross-compile to pretty much every platform: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, IOS, XB1 and PS4. Yeah. They've added optimizations to run better on mobile devices and began to support 2d games as well.

Epic used to license Unreal for a 25% royalty on gross revenue, but a few years back they relaxed that to 5% for indie devs. When they released UE4, they offered it for just that royalty plus $20/month per person.

And now, it doesn't even cost $20. Now the whole package is free for you and every indie dev in the world to play with until they can build something that makes money. This means more indy games at higher quality, and more students and amateurs learning the engine which will lead to more talent to make AAA games as well.

Great move on Epic's part. The future of gaming just got a little bit brigher!

Reddit link : http://www.reddit.co..._4_is_now_free/

• Th3MaN1 and HaythamKenway like this

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:32 AM

February's PS4 game Apotheon is surprisingly fun.

I'm still fairly early, but the combat system is solid and more importantly, not too easy. It's annoying that equipment breaks after several uses, but it encourages the player to switch up their gear and try new battle tactics.

A great free game from the IGC, Apotheon is very entertaining and will be my 21st platinum.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:55 PM

It's great to know UE4 is free, because that engine can certainly be streched, and that's a good thing good any game developer out there.

On another note, I just realized that Dragon Ball Xenoverse also has a PC version. God damn it.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

Unreal Engine 4 is now free.

https://www.unrealen...unreal-engine-4

Basic breakdown of its significance explained by someone on Reddit:

I'd like to provide a layman's explanation of why this is amazing for all gamers, not just devs.

Unreal engine has been actively developed since 1998. Epic was one of the first few companies to get into licensing 3D engine technology for games, and their product has been one of the top game development packages for more than 15 years. The list of titles that use Unreal is just staggering, at over 600 games: http://en.wikipedia....al_Engine_games
(tl;dr of that list: Unreal was used for Bioshock & Bioshock Infinite, Gears of War, Borderlands, the Tom Clancy franchise, the Batman: Arkham franchise, the original Deus Ex, etc. etc. etc.)

It gets better: With the release of Unreal Engine 4 (aka UE4, the latest version), Epic has made it very clear that they want to focus on game developers as their customers. The workflow has improved drastically, the engine was expanded to cross-compile to pretty much every platform: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, IOS, XB1 and PS4. Yeah. They've added optimizations to run better on mobile devices and began to support 2d games as well.

Epic used to license Unreal for a 25% royalty on gross revenue, but a few years back they relaxed that to 5% for indie devs. When they released UE4, they offered it for just that royalty plus $20/month per person.

And now, it doesn't even cost $20. Now the whole package is free for you and every indie dev in the world to play with until they can build something that makes money. This means more indy games at higher quality, and more students and amateurs learning the engine which will lead to more talent to make AAA games as well.

Great move on Epic's part. The future of gaming just got a little bit brigher!

Reddit link : http://www.reddit.co..._4_is_now_free/
Cool, but probably won't stop all the sh*t flooding Steam greenlight.
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

dadawgdawg
  • dadawgdawg

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:56 PM

Hello Out There!

I'd like to address this post to all modders out there  who may be listening. Maby some of you are still reading these posts, and can help.

This is truly a sad in the history of GTA gaming :cry: . I'v bought and played through from the very beginning, starting with the very first.

Once I discovered SA and Modding, it was over. I knew that I had found my game. Even in this huge ocean of video games, there's nothing that I like more when I have time than to roll up one, sit back, enjoy, and "virtual gang bang" until the sun com es up. I know that the world has moved on to GTA5, and waiting for 6 or whatever's coming next, and it's not that I don't like the others, it's just that of all the games in the world, I prefer a modified SA.

But unfortunately, I've reached a dead-end. Seems like I'm going to have to give up my gaming. I'm playing a 1.0 Moded, and it seems that no matter what I do, it crashes. I'v tried everything that I could possibly come up with, but absolutely nothing works. I'v gone through everybody's asi. loaders, fixes, tutorials, debug methods, this that and the third, ect. ect., nothing keeps the game running for more than an hour or so. And after modifying a game the way you want it and experiencing this kind of action, it's difficult to imagine going back to the drawing board again and again to start over, and I refuse to start the whole game over again without mods anyway. 

I'm done, and it hurts, but I just don't have the time. I would love to learn it myself, and if there was enough transparency on the subject, I would, I'm that dedicated. But unfortunately there's not.

So if there is anyone out there who is willing to help a guy out, I'll be more than happy to pay you for your time and efforts if you can get it working correctly. No it wont make you rich, but it is a little extra pocket money. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to put it aside completely, and hopefully I'll be able to get back to it  someday.

Anyone interested, just contact me either here, or at [email protected]

I'd really love to hear from some of you who love SA as much as I do, if such people still even exists.

Thanks In Advance, hope to hear from ya soon.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:15 PM

As a wise man said, this'll just make the sh*t shinier. 

It's great how UE4 is now free - helped by Epic's lovely support, source code and all - but there's a load of devs out there who simply don't want to put the time into making a proper game. Still, this is good news for smaller devs!

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:47 PM Edited by GTAandStuff, 03 March 2015 - 07:47 PM.

As a wise man said, this'll just make the sh*t shinier. 

It's great how UE4 is now free - helped by Epic's lovely support, source code and all - but there's a load of devs out there who simply don't want to put the time into making a proper game. Still, this is good news for smaller devs!

Indeed. I remember seeing a video of some sh*tty horror game made on the Cry engine. Gameplay was garbage, but it sure looked pretty.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:13 PM

I'm no expert on game developing, but with an engine like this, you're pretty much set in terms of graphics for the most part, I guess. The hard part is setting up a core gameplay mechanic that the game concentrates around. If the gameplay is good, the game should do well in terms of reviews, but it's sad to see that there are games that are really good but just don't get the recognision in terms of sales.

And on another note, I suppose that the Unreal Engine is not the kind that helps you make a functioning game in a year or less. I was thinking about how the Unity engine can allow the developer to set up the entire game in a few months, but the quality, while good, just cannot reach the level other game engines offer.

I don't know if possible, or already done, but I cannot imagine a game made fast with this engine.

In the end, I hope the freedom of using Unreal Engine will give us some good games.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

Great move Epic. I'm sure many indie developers will have a huge amount of use for it. :)

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:37 PM

I'm not even a Final Fantasy fan, but oh man...

• Th3MaN1 and Tanto like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users