Gender & Sexuality

376 replies to this topic
.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

MasterDebater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

So in other words; you don't have any counterarguments, can't rebut anything I said and are essentially throwing in the towel because your argument is sh*t and not representative of reality.

Got it.

The proof is in the pudding..    If you want to me prove my gender i can send you some nude pics.    I never through the towel in on anything.. The fight was over before it even started really.

That being said..  I think this video i found pretty much bring it more inline with what you're looking for in terms of reality.

Watch it if you want..  Its your choice.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ô

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

The proof

• Tchuck and Android like this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't really think that's the point here though. Voodu seems to be saying that he will only recognize someone's biological sex, and not how they identify. I think that is a bit radical, and I don't choose that myself, but he's free to choose that. That's his liberty to do so. I do think it matters whether someone actually passes as whatever they want to be called, and that whatever they want to be called is a real word (he or she, and not xir). But in practice I would generally conform out of courtesy to how someone wants to be called.

And that is not just due to socialization. That's not a tenable idea.

What is worrisome about the current transgender fad is the increasing trend to start the physical transformation before puberty, considering the amount of mental health issues transgender people deal with, and due to the fact that 80-95% learn to accept their biological sex post puberty.

Well, the same can be said about homosexuality can't it? We made the decision that it is normal, because it occurs regularly and naturally. But concerning gender dysphoria a large amount of caution is warranted.

I would call a trans person a "he" or a "she" for the sake of civility but I draw the line at invented pronouns. I also think that the idea of gender fluidity is bullsh*t based on confusion. It's not like I feel (subjectively) as distinctly male even though I identify as one. Why is identity such a big deal to some people?

Because then you would have to wonder where these gender differences came from? At some point they had to have spawned from biological differences.

It is troubling for me as well. As a child you can't be held responsible for anything. Why on earth would it be a good idea to just trust that a kid who wants to transition knows the full implications of such a choice (or could not change their mind as they reach adulthood)?

I keep seeing this comparison being thrown in discussions like this but I think it is a false analogy. Homosexuality is a matter of preference that is based on a number of factors. I can wrap my head around why someone would be into the same sex. Most people can feel some attraction in the way gay people do, but the whole trans thing is hard to understand. It doesn't make sense to me why trans people think that identity is so important when, as I pointed out above, there is nothing distinctly male about my experience and I identify as male. I would honestly not care at all if someone called me a girl (i.e. the wrong gender). I don't see that aspect of identity as a central part of my subjective experience.
  • Ruin likes this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Led-By.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, 2 weeks ago.

Ah, .Voodu. Black Pigeon Speaks is a Youtube channel and not affiliated to any reputable organizations or anyone else with a base understanding of mental issues.  Plus the comments on that video make it look like the viewers all should be donning their white robes and dancing around burning effigies of ethnic minorities and mental patients.  One comment on the video is :

Don't feed your kids GMOS and foods that have estrogen in them. That's one of the main causes for the huge increase in gays and trans.

Seriously, that comment is proof alone that this opinion piece should be thrown out of this thread and never commented on again.

This video is an opinion, not fact.  Nor is it suitable for a Debate and Discussion Thread, or anywhere else for that matter.

When are you going to realize, your ability to debate is laughable and your opinion is so badly outdated and irrelevant, you still think Sigmund Freud was right all the time, even though his theories all generally point to some form of incest and were forgotten about decades ago. (I did the university modules on his work and he really was batsh*t crazy!)

Just take your opinions and shove them up your arse, or is your sexuality too offended by even that suggestion?

• ten-a-penny and Android like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

but the whole trans thing is hard to understand. It doesn't make sense to me why trans people think that identity is so important when, as I pointed out above, there is nothing distinctly male about my experience and I identify as male.

One way I've seen it put from trans women is that they look in the mirror, see a man and it just looks wrong; or they look down at their crotch and they're disgusted, as it feels like a penis just isn't supposed to be there. Since society has certain things like clothing and make up given as more feminine or masculine, they prefer wearing feminine clothing and the like because it makes them feel more like a woman, whereas predominantly masculine clothing etc. feel wrong, or out of place.

It's not a case of feeling neutral in a male body and happy in a female body, it's more discomfort with being male and mere comfort with being female, with the comfort being a feeling of normality.
  • The7thOne likes this

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

MasterDebater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

Ah, .Voodu. Black Pigeon Speaks is a Youtube channel and not affiliated to any reputable organizations or anyone else with a base understanding of mental issues.  Plus the comments on that video make it look like the viewers all should be donning their white robes and dancing around burning effigies of ethnic minorities and mental patients.  One comment on the video is :

Lol @ not affiliated to any reputable organizations.    Did you even watch the video?  Probably not..     

You seem to care more about stupid comments in the comment section.  (hey look guys stupid comments)  And then ignore the video..

Maybe this video is more for your liking.   Heres a huge cup of cringe SJW TV.

Trust Bill Nye.. Hes a real scientist.  :D

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 2 weeks ago

There's this thing called "Articles". YT videos, something that can be made by any fool, isn't an "Article". A sane person who knows how debates work would trust these "Articles" more than peanut videos. I suggest you try looking for 'em first before you call people's posts "stupid".

• Tchuck and Uncle Sikee Atric like this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Led-By.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, 2 weeks ago.

Lol @ not affiliated to any reputable organizations.    Did you even watch the video?  Probably not..     

You seem to care more about stupid comments in the comment section.  (hey look guys stupid comments)  And then ignore the video..

Spoiler

Trust Bill Nye.. Hes a real scientist.   :D

That's more irrelevent than the last trash, but at least I'll respond to the whole piece, rather than just cutting the first sentence, as if the rest is totally irrelevent.

Every time you get shot down and torn up by the rest of us, you just go completely idiotic and start posting utter drivel. Like a troll that knows he's lost the argument, but refuses to admit defeat. It just demostrates your inability to discuss and a very low I.Q. level (Goggle it if you need to).

I can post just as irrelevent crap as you can, but at least my post might actually contain some humor.

Nigel-Farage-Photo-Casebook-13-e14806163

(This is just about your level.)

If you wanna carry on posting crap, please feel free, but it's best to just give up and move out of the Debate and Discussion area and seriously consider your ability to return and submit useful content....

• Tchuck and ten-a-penny like this

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

MasterDebater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by .Vooodu., 2 weeks ago.

Spoiler

Trust Bill Nye.. Hes a real scientist.   :D

Every time you get shot down and torn up by the rest of us, you just go completely idiotic and start posting utter drivel. Like a troll that knows he's lost the argument, 

Hmmm...  Im not sure where i lost any argument.  

And as far as getting "shot down and torn up by the rest of you"  Dafuk are you talking about?      Are you slippin me Cosby Juice when im not looking?  When did this happen?  Hope you guys used protection.. 

Also.. acting a complete idiot is pretty much my personality.   Well, slightly.  I try walk that line.  Where i get pushed is where i end up.

I mean...What are you trying to say?  Some old ass man can be a Tranny little girl and thats cool..

But I 'act'  like an idiot" and you lose damn mind?    Would it help if i wore a dress?

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ô

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

this is going great....

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 2 weeks ago

Can somebody bar Vooodu from posting in the D&D section until he learns how debates work? Thank you.

At least I stay off this sh*t and be the "spectator", meaning that I (hopefully) don't say utter bullsh*t drivel then run away without even backup up the sh*t I sprouted.

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Seems like it's my turn again

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

What is worrisome about the current transgender fad is the increasing trend to start the physical transformation before puberty, considering the amount of mental health issues transgender people deal with, and due to the fact that 80-95% learn to accept their biological sex post puberty.

It is troubling for me as well. As a child you can't be held responsible for anything. Why on earth would it be a good idea to just trust that a kid who wants to transition knows the full implications of such a choice (or could not change their mind as they reach adulthood)?

Kids don't get put on estrogen or testosterone or go under any long-term transitioning meds/surgeries until they're at least 16/17/18 to my knowledge. The only thing that is prescribed to trans kids are hormone blockers for the time being. I'm not an expert with trans stuff but I know for sure that no prepubescent kid is going under a mastectomy or going under HRT.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Nškyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hmmm...  Im not sure where i lost any argument.

Pretty much the moment you opened your mouth. Deciding to publicly demonstrate your ignorance of a subject is normally a monumentally stupid idea.

Also.. acting a complete idiot is pretty much my personality.

"Acting" suggests you aren't a complete idiot, which is patently untrue based on the utter drivel you've posted in D&D so far.

Tranny

Oh dear.
  • ten-a-penny and Uncle Sikee Atric like this

Melchior
  • Melchior

I'm throwin stones at you man

• The Connection
  • Vietnam

Posted 2 weeks ago

Kids don't get put on estrogen or testosterone or go under any long-term transitioning meds/surgeries until they're at least 16/17/18 to my knowledge. The only thing that is prescribed to trans kids are hormone blockers for the time being. I'm not an expert with trans stuff but I know for sure that no prepubescent kid is going under a mastectomy or going under HRT.

Hormone blockers are a radical intervention with long-term side effects. 

And prepubescents by definition do not require mastectomies, because they don't have breasts. 

• Tchuck likes this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hormone blockers are not exactly side-effect free so it's not exactly a safe solution. Not to mention that children don't know sh*t.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Cowboys and Sailors

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Hormone blockers are not exactly side-effect free so it's not exactly a safe solution. Not to mention that children don't know sh*t.

But that's the exact reason hormone blockers exist... The point of them is to delay puberty temporarily to buy time and determine if transitioning is something they want to do as an adult. There are side effects if the child's on blockers for too long - but within reasonable limits they're completely safe, and the effects are reversible. This is why blockers are never administered for more than a year. Should they be given to pre-pubescents? Personally, no.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 6 days ago

How do you transition from a teen to an adult in one year though? The best hope we have is for better treatments to be developed (perhaps preventive ones administered before birth, assuming the cause is physiological) or perhaps a perfected painless sex-change operation. I honestly don't even understand the need for one, unless your own image of yourself causes you great distress. Society will still judge you as a trans person as opposed to a real biological equivalent and no amount of tolerance will change that (but science will, eventually).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users