Quantcast

» «
Photo

Something I don't understand over here

20 replies to this topic
Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Gognitti bailed. I made like Chow Yun-Fat...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 December 2015 - 06:16 PM

The mission Twisted Metal says that you have to crush a Manana with Vinnie's body inside. 8-Ball tells you so. But Vinnie faked his death, so how the f*ck can his body be there? Did 8-Ball lie to Mike or...?

Honker1944
  • Honker1944

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:16 PM Edited by Honker1944, 18 December 2015 - 08:17 PM.

Car with Vinnie exploded. So whatever was left from no-Vinnie noone couldn`t recognise it. Even 8-Ball or Mike...

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:14 PM

Car with Vinnie exploded. So whatever was left from no-Vinnie noone couldn`t recognise it. Even 8-Ball or Mike...

Indeed, but what, they put the whole wrecked Manana that Vinnie was (not) inside into the other car?

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:31 PM Edited by Helegad, 19 December 2015 - 05:39 PM.

I believe it was a set up; Vinnie told some other goon to wait in his Manana at Callahan Point while Vinnie watched from a distance. I doubt what was left of the dude would have been identifiable. It was a car bomb after all.

8-Ball helped Mike out of being a nicer/better grade of criminal, but I doubt he knew Vinnie all that well. It was mentioned at some point that Mike was the only one who ever gave a sh*t about Vinnie.

As far as the 'wrecked car inside the crushed car' argument goes, just use your imagination. Maybe 8-Ball shifted what was left of the goon's body into the other car, crushed the wreck, and let Mike dispose of Vinnie because it was more poetic for him to do it. That tiny mission just opened up a plot hole; I'd never thought about it before, but now that it's been brought up, I can't see the point in it. Who cares what became of Vinnie's body? Why couldn't LC coroners take care of it, like we assume happens with most of the other messes our protagonists create? Weird. Maybe the point was to solidify Mike's desire for revenge; he swears to track down the person responsible after the car is crushed.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Honker1944
  • Honker1944

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:50 PM Edited by Honker1944, 19 December 2015 - 09:53 PM.

Indeed, but what, they put the whole wrecked Manana that Vinnie was (not) inside into the other car?

No I mean someone must be in that car before it exploded. 8-Ball put it in one pice and give it to Mike (as a gift?).Another argument to hate this game...

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 December 2015 - 05:47 AM

If you hate the game, then leave this forum, please. Hate doesn't make a great basis for discussion.

sammystarock
  • sammystarock

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:49 AM

If you hate the game, then leave this forum, please. Hate doesn't make a great basis for discussion.

Hating a game is an opinion and saying the opinions you have always makes a great basis for discussion. Of course, people won't always like it and they'll end up saying crap like this.

But whatever, I have never played GTA Advance so I'm out of here. Just wanted to point that out.

• Maibatsu545 likes this

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:01 AM Edited by Helegad, 21 December 2015 - 03:07 AM.

"A great basis"? Sure, yep. Next up from the haters people who dislike GTA Advance:

- Bad graphics

- Very small amount of music

- Less missions than GTA III

- No unique stunts

- Hidden packages are too easy to find

- Very little ped dialogue

- Half as many vehicles as GTA III

- Return to top-down view after the revolutionary GTA III

Etcetera.

I've heard it all before and it takes a narrow mind to point out all these things while dismissing the technical achievement of an free-roaming game with a large world, a decent length storyline, and lots of little details, not to mention plenty of opportunities and tools to cause as much carnage as you please on a machine that has a 16.8MHz processor, 256 kilobytes of RAM, and 128 kilobytes of video RAM, with a good framerate and loads of fun to be had.

What's that old adage? If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

sammystarock
  • sammystarock

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:41 AM

Great, I haven't played Advance, so I don't care.
You love the game, good for you. There are others who hate it, good for them. And they have the right to say it and support their opinion with arguments - get over it. Respond to them with counter-arguments and not with butthurtery, trying to make them shut up by saying their posts aren't a great basis for discussion. Not anyone who doesn't like a game is a "hater". Are you the XenoxX of GTA Advance? Good gracious.

• Maibatsu545 likes this

Honker1944
  • Honker1944

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:33 PM

@Helegad

You forget about f*cked up map and pussy main character.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:34 PM Edited by Helegad, 20 December 2015 - 04:38 PM.

Great, I haven't played Advance, so I don't care.
You love the game, good for you. There are others who hate it, good for them. And they have the right to say it and support their opinion with arguments - get over it. Respond to them with counter-arguments and not with butthurtery, trying to make them shut up by saying their posts aren't a great basis for discussion. Not anyone who doesn't like a game is a "hater". Are you the XenoxX of GTA Advance? Good gracious.

I'm not too sure how you define "butthurtery", but I haven't personally attacked you. I don't love GTA Advance either, I just appreciate it for what it is. You came into this topic to preach without having even played the game we are talking about, so go stick your hypocrisy up your ass. Where do you draw the line between this "butthurtery" and counter-arguing?

I'm also confused as to how the map is "f*cked up" and how Mike is a pussy. He's incredibly naive and a bit of a pushover, but I don't think pussy is the right word for it.

sammystarock
  • sammystarock

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:38 PM

I'm not too sure how you define "butthurtery"

It was just one of my crappy neologisms, once again.

Honker1944
  • Honker1944

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 December 2015 - 05:09 PM

I'm also confused as to how the map is "f*cked up" and how Mike is a pussy. He's incredibly naive and a bit of a pushover, but I don't think pussy is the right word for it.

Map don`t resemble this from III. Kenji Casiono in Portland, really? And he is pussy becouse he didn`t kill his enemy-KIng Courtney. 

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:06 AM

Mike satisfied his desire for revenge, and won the fight against Courtney, which was still a victory for Mike. I doubt it mattered much to him whether King was dead or not; he just wanted to get out of Liberty City at that point. Besides, Courtney already appeared in GTA III, so that would have been a huge plothole.

"Map don't resemble this from III" because the game is using completely different technology to GTA III. Comparing the two is apples and oranges. There would be reasons why Advance's Liberty City is a little different from III's Liberty, one of which is the absence of curved roads. Anyway, for the most part, it does resemble III's Liberty. So they reused textures. Big deal.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:20 PM

stop. this is off-topic. rly.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:20 AM

No.

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • South-Ossetia

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:27 AM

And he is pussy becouse he didn`t kill his enemy-KIng Courtney. 

In the same sense, Niko would be called a p***y for sparing his targets or if Franklin would be called one for not killing Haines and Weston... Mike had already finished living in the world of crime, he had enough money and wanted to get out of the criminal life. He had already lost his close allies and he was betrayed by Vinnie. After defeating King Courtney in battle, Mike felt it was enough and went on to escape from USA. None of this makes him a p***y.

Honker1944
  • Honker1944

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 December 2015 - 03:46 PM Edited by Honker1944, 27 December 2015 - 03:52 PM.

In the same sense, Niko would be called a p***y for sparing his targets.

Actually Niko spare only people who was dangerous to other people. He don`t spare Pegorino, Dimitri or another scum. At last he obtain more money if he spare them...

"Map don't resemble this from III" because the game is using completely different technology to GTA III. Comparing the two is apples and oranges. There would be reasons why Advance's Liberty City is a little different from III's Liberty, one of which is the absence of curved roads. Anyway, for the most part, it does resemble III's Liberty. So they reused textures. Big deal.

It resemble as much as Liberty City from IV resemble that one from III. I agree with that it`s diffrent technology but crawish interactive made a proper gta game for gameboy. It doesn`t matter they didn`t finish it!

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • South-Ossetia

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:53 PM

Too bad Crawfish shut down before they could unveil the GTA3 GBA edition. It looks similar to GTA:A though, except it has a more 'polished' and neat HUD and utilizes GTA3's pc version textures and had a (planned) multiplayer mode. GTA:A used beta textures so it did not look that 'awesome' as GTA3 GBA edition.

• Honker1944 likes this

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:23 PM

What? We've seen two-fifteenths of f*ck all of Crawfish's version of GTA III GBA. Digital Eclipse used, it seems, about 90% of what Crawfish had done, namely the engine and graphics. There was nothing polished about Crawfish's game. It was well and truly still in beta stage.

Sonicguy40
  • Sonicguy40

rob

• BUSTED!
  • Vietnam

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:32 PM

sometimel they dont think the story thoru i guess, still a good game thog

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users