GTA SA Special Vehicle Guide

3,508 replies to this topic
MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 3 weeks ago.

100% Completion, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats, 1 Mission Failed (143 Passed / 163 Attempts), 1 Pay and Spray Visit, 51 Safehouse Visits, 39:53 Total Playing Time, and 18 Special Vehicles!

Save File 2:

Ganton: Empty
Verdant Bluffs: Empty
Santa Maria Beach: Empty

Mulholland: Empty
Los Santos Impound: Empty

Dillimore: Empty
Palomino Creek: Empty

Doherty: AP Tanker, AP Berkley's RC Van, AP Police, Unique/EP/FP RC Baron
Hashbury: AP Police Maverick, AP/EC2 Remington, AP Blade, AP Majestic
Calton Heights: Empty
Paradiso: Empty
San Fierro Impound: Empty

Verdant Meadows: AP/EC2 Picador, AP/EC2 ZR-350, AP Washington, AP Broadway
Hanger: AP Rhino Tank, AP Hydra, AP Hunter, AP Leviathan
Fort Carson: AP/EC2 Club, AP BF-400

Prickle Pine: Empty
Whitewood Estates: Empty
Redsands West: Empty
Rockshore West: Empty
Las Venturas Impound: Empty
uNgiu3L.jpg?1
ifVeKWa.jpg?1
4uNbiM1.jpg?1
zhGQYU9.jpg?1
CvK3gji.jpg?1

There we go...NOW...SA is forever done...Finally...Boring nonsense complete!

162 Attempts is officially the LOWEST you can get on PS2.  As you can see, 143 Passed...I never had 143.  It was always 144.  Why?  Cuz I avoided the Cesar Calls entirely.  His Calls add to Attempts AND Passed, and usually I would get his Calls and/or purposely do the Patriot Call, since I would obtain the BP/EP/FP/MP Patriot for my main Save, thus finishing with 144 Passed.  However, if you completely avoid the Calls entirely, you finish with 143.  Never saw anyone get that low, actually, as apparently nobody actually avoided them completely like I did...

But like I said, this is for PS2 Only.  PC, Mobile, and maybe Xbox Offsets are different since right now (even with getting a few Cesar Phone Calls in my current Mobile Save) I have 161 Attempts and that is NOT the lowest.  It can be lower.  Platform Differences, so Offsets are not the same on all Platforms, just like CW is way different for PSP compared to Mobile and such, as well...

19 Offsets for PS2 are as follows: Chiliad Challenge, Gym Moves in LS, SF, and LV, Driving School, Flying School, 6 Quarry Missions, and 7 Trucking Missions.  I have 20, since I got the Unique/EP/FP RC Baron from Beefy Baron which always will add an Attempt and nothing to passed.  SA and CW go down in history as being the worst for Offsets.  Devs, you on drugs?

BONUS PHOTO FROM 1ST SAVE FILE:

VLduLPv.jpg?1
4kHSUTZ.jpg?1
eo1msjD.jpg?1

Who said you can't take the Unique Andromada out of the Hanger?

• Rachel Amber and SpriteFan274 like this

MM KJ
  • MM KJ

Snitch

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Really GJ bro. Now it is time for me to make a legend out of GTA SA PC saves. If anybody else doesn't want to.. According to my calculations, I need to redo SA. I'm wondering if it is easy to get that Andromada out of the hangar on PC too? It is not parked backwards in PC.
  • Rachel Amber likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

It's not a "really good job" cuz all of these things, including the Baron (Beefy Baron) are 1 Star Difficulties.  And if you do a Conversion once, why couldn't you repeat it 905680598 more times?  You can.  That's why it's not a good job cuz this sh*t is mind numbing, boring, and pathetic just relying on Conversions to design a Save, so that is why I am glad it's done with and never have to do it again.  As I always said, I only care for an AP Hydra, but wanted the others like the Photo Opportunity Vehicles, High Stakes, Low Rider Vehicles, Berkley's RC Van, BF-400, Police Maverick, Tanker, etc, etc as they exist in Missions in AP form but use even WORSE OM0 Methods to get them since they either don't work on PS2 at all, or they would but leave Blips and/or cost you some Attempts and Suicides, all of which I was avoiding like a plague in this particular Save.  Even my old 2nd Save had many more Attempts as well as 1 Death for the Andromada, but since I have it in my 1st Save File, this 2nd Save was staying clean for the Stats.

As long as the Andromada is not backward inside the Hanger and straight, you can get it out...

xQ1bcpK.jpg?1

If it's sideways, but straight, you also may have issues.  Mine is literally perfectly straight and I have no idea how that actually happened, but I pushed it in like that when I obtained it from Stowaway (the normal Method, not OM0 sh*t).  I just get in and drive it out but while I drive it out, I am sometimes pushing L2 and R2 (turns the Plane left or right) as I drive it out and then the tail bumps into the roof of the Hanger and the Andromada's front end lifts off the ground until the tail is fully out of the Hanger which makes the Andromada drop back down.  As you can see, though, it's heavily smoking when you take it out, but it IS flyable and can use it.  Even if it was in perfect condition, it's not exactly that fun to fly as it's just so slow.  If you drive it out of the Hanger too slow, it will always blow up.  You need to go YOLO and do this fast for it to be in tact when you get it out...

• SpriteFan274 likes this

MM KJ
  • MM KJ

Snitch

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MM KJ, 3 weeks ago.

Ohk my Andromada is parked just opposite direction (cause I cannot push it on PC, sadly, so needed the 'OM0 sh*t'..

Well since you are done, I'm waiting until you start doing GTA V again :D
My guide looks good finally I guess, because I've reached 50 vehicles. Meanwhile, I'm trying to get my perfect III and VC starter saves. VC is not that bad, but III with minimal people wasted is really f*cking hard. Blow up 13 vehicles in a rampage when ALL are without a driver (to avoid 13 wasted) is a pain in the ass, especially when I'm not saving at all, to get least days passed. Vehicles disappear and peds are angry, and then they jump into your vehicle to kill themselves. About accuarcy stat, I kinda gave up already (I can't get over 100%, but keeping 100% is impossible. I'm trying my best though..But I'm gaining experience already and getting better and better..And then I got this other project I've been working on for years..building a 1:1 replica of a Titanic in Minecraft :)

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

That's cuz you guys break the Mission and then just drive it in.  AP or not, it's not coming out unless you use that teleport Transfender sh*t, again using OM0.  Everything revolves around OM0 with the Andromada entirely on all Platforms except PS2, lol...

The reason it can be pushed in as a wreck on PS2 in the opposite direction so that it's facing forward in the direction to drive it out, is cuz the Tank "drives underneath it" and makes the tail end "lower to the ground" allowing it to get inside the Hanger first and then the rest of the Plane goes for the ride while pushing afterwards.  Still doesn't mean it's easy to get, though, as each time I got it (twice now), it took about 25 tries as it would disappear half way into the Hanger...

Not for a LONG time, if at all, tbh.  Next Projects are to redo my 1st TLaD Save and then do a 2nd Save right after.  Then using my 1st TBoGT Save which is already 100%, I will save in 2 other Slots and remove the Special Vehicles I have from the 1st Save to gather up 16 more each in a 2nd Save and 3rd Save using Replays from the Story to get 16 more of those and also Drug War EC/Lustered Vehicles for the 3rd Save.  Then I need to finish my Starter Save in IV which is only 9.45% out of 11.95%, missing 126 Pigeons with a 6 Star Wanted Level in the beginning for it to be done followed by a 2nd Save File for another 10 Special Vehicles and make them AP.  Once TLaD, TBoGT, and IV Projects are done, I am probably gonna take 3-9 months off from GTA entirely and if I feel like it after all these months, do a 3rd VC Save, 10th LCS Save, and 7th VCS Save.  And if there is still something left in my tank, I will also do a Starter Save for SA Mobile as well as a 100% Save traditionally and get as many Special Vehicles as I can since I never actually did a legit SA Save yet for Mobile.  Relied on the Bitch Methods in the past like Close App and AP Conversions, so I need to redo that for sure sometime.  I also need to redo my LCS Mobile Save, too.  So after all this, which equates to over a year from now...MAYBE I will get to doing a 2nd CW Save and a 2nd V Save.  If I do V, it's the last thing I do.  Not into V...

miserkatulle
  • miserkatulle

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by miserkatulle, 3 weeks ago.

I'm trying to get a Phoenix to spawn on Vigilante. Does anyone know if that is in fact the rarest car you can get on Vigilante, based on the chances of spawning (1 in 900)?

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by SpriteFan274, 3 weeks ago.

I'm trying to get a Phoenix to spawn on Vigilante. Does anyone know if that is in fact the rarest car you can get on Vigilante, based on the chances of spawning?

Toomuchinvigilation and OrionSR taught me how the random Vehicles in Vigilante are spawned.

There's a list of Vehicles that can spawn in Vigilante and in the list there are some Sports Cars which are the Rare Spawns (Phoenix, ZR-350, Infernus, Cheetah etc.) Levels 1 and 2 spawn any of the list, while Levels 3 and onward only spawn Vehicles with 4 Doors.

For Levels 1 and 2, the game randomly chooses a Vehicle from the List. If the Vehicle is NOT a Sports Car, then the Vehicle spawns.

If the game chooses a Sports/Rare Car from the list, then it will choose AGAIN and spawn the Vehicle which is chosen the second time.

I don't know the exact number, but the chance of a Rare Sports Car spawning during Vigilante Levels 1 and 2 is around 1 out of 900. That means if you reactivated Vigilante 900 times, the Phoenix would most likely spawn once...

miserkatulle
  • miserkatulle

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

I understand that, what I'm trying to figure out is whether the Phoenix is the rarest of them all, because it sure feels like it. I tried digging up the main.scm code but I don't think the data that I'm looking for is there.

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by SpriteFan274, 3 weeks ago.

I understand that, what I'm trying to figure out is whether the Phoenix is the rarest of them all, because it sure feels like it. I tried digging up the main.scm code but I don't think the data that I'm looking for is there.

This is the Post that you're looking for. 9 of those Vehicles are equally Rare and these are the: Infernus, Cheetah, Banshee, Turismo, ZR-350, Comet, Super GT, Bullet, and Phoenix. They all have a chance to spawn around 1 out of 900 and OrionSR gives a great explanation and even the part of the Code about this Topic, so just check his Post...

The Hotknife and Euros aren't in the Rare list and are quite common during Vigilante.

Of the Rare List, only the Phoenix, Bullet and Turismo are worth making EP/FP, maybe even the SuperGT. Phoenix can ONLY be obtained from Vigilante at this point, the Turismo can be found in Las Venturas and the Bullet can be found in San Fierro. EP/FP Infernus would be useless as you can get a AP Infernus later on...

miserkatulle
  • miserkatulle

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

This is the Post that you're looking for. 9 of those Vehicles are equally Rare and these are the: Infernus, Cheetah, Banshee, Turismo, ZR-350, Comet, Super GT, Bullet, and Phoenix. They all have a chance to spawn around 1 out of 900 and OrionSR gives a great explanation and even the part of the Code about this Topic, so just check his Post...

The Hotknife and Euros aren't in the Rare list and are quite common during Vigilante.

Of the Rare List, only the Phoenix, Bullet and Turismo are worth making EP/FP, maybe even the SuperGT. Phoenix can ONLY be obtained from Vigilante at this point, the Turismo can be found in Las Venturas and the Bullet can be found in San Fierro. EP/FP Infernus would be useless as you can get a AP Infernus later on...

That was exactly what I was looking for. So it seems like the Phoenix isn't the rarest of them all.

Making the Phoenix EP/FP seems like the right choice for me since the other sport cars can be found outside Vigilante.

Am I right? I mean, the Bullet can be found in SF, Turismo in LV, then you have other cars like the Dune and Sandking which are easy to get. The only truly difficult car to obtain is the Phoenix while on a master save. Am I missing any other rare car?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Fully immune vehicles can be collected from Katie, Michelle and Barbara on a master save. But if your goal is a master save for a special vehicle collections then you might want to leave these until later to free up some garage space. If you were asking in the 4-star topic I'd be arguing in favor of their collection.

miserkatulle
  • miserkatulle

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Fully immune vehicles can be collected from Katie, Michelle and Barbara on a master save. But if your goal is a master save for a special vehicle collections then you might want to leave these until later to free up some garage space. If you were asking in the 4-star topic I'd be arguing in favor of their collection.

I meant rare cars excluding the girlfriend ones. Phoenix is still on the top of the list, right?

Edit: I just got it lol. Finally.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Wow. That seems extremely lucky. Gratz!

I've always wrestled with how to describe the rarity of the Phoenix. For starters, I'm not the least bit confident that I've described the odds properly, from a statistical point of view. But also, what do those odds mean?

Redit Post: Something has a drop rate of 1/512, what are the chances...

I'm lost in the math, and our numbers are a bit different, but the upshot of the calculations is that after 512 tries the player would have a 63% chance of receiving at least 1 drop. That number jumps to 90% with about 1000 tries. 

I once tried to develop drop tables for Onimusha Dawn of Dreams by farming each target and tracking their drops. I worked up 1:40 odds on a prized weapon but also measured the gap between drops. Despite relatively good odds I'd still have gaps of over 120 kills between drops. 

And... My hunch on the math is that everything works out eventually with more attempts. It might be nice to have a more competent explanation from someone well versed in statistics, or maybe that'd just be more bad news. It doesn't seem to matter though. Players tend to ignore the odds and try anyway, and very few have given up without their prize. At least, not recently. I think it helps if players know that the odds are horrible, but are confident that nothing is broken and they haven't been misled.

• miserkatulle likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

I understand that, what I'm trying to figure out is whether the Phoenix is the rarest of them all, because it sure feels like it.

Yeah, I'd say it is.  Perhaps on par with the Turismo in Vigilante, too, or even the Bullet.  However, the Bullet has a fixed spawn in San Fierro and is rather easy to bring back to Los Santos.  If the Flint Intersection Jump is too hard, then you can just undrown it, drive it out of the ocean at Santa Maria Beach, put it in the Garage, then lose your Wanted Level via Police Bribes or changing your Clothes in the Safehouse.......Or Pay and Spray if you don't care about that Stat, but I do, so it's out of the question.

As for the Turismo, sure you can find it in traffic in LV, but bringing it back to LS is no joke and one of the hardest things you'll ever experience in a Starter Save, to be honest.  I had to deal with doing such a task in my OLD Starter Save, but luckily in my new Starter Save I finished about a month ago, I found it in Vigilante and interestingly enough, not once, but up to three times...

I said this in another Topic:

what's so special about it apart from the fact that it's rare?

It's not even that Rare from Vigilante.  Like the Euros, it takes all of 5-10 minutes of activating/canceling Vigilante to find it.  I've even spawned 2 or 3 of them in a row once, back to back to back.

The reason people want this (or wanted it before SA was ruined by OM0 and the AP Conversion) is so they can convert it to EP/FP form during Gray Imports, which is a Story Mission in Los Santos rather early on in the game.  Most of the old school guys who've done Starter Saves over the years and have large Collections of one time only Special Vehicles in their Saves like to get these "Rare" Vehicles in their Starter Saves so they ALWAYS have them and don't have to keep reobtaining them in the future if they decide to do another Save.  The best Vehicles to get early, meaning BEFORE Big Smoke, or after Big Smoke, before Ryder, are the Phoenix, Turismo, Bullet, Hotknife, Euros, Bloodring Banger, Dune, Barracks, NE NRG-500, Seasparrow, Police Maverick, News Chopper, Raindance, Leviathan, Rustler, Hydra, etc, etc.  Also the EC Black Perennial from "Big Smoke" if you decide to do this Mission within the Starter Save.  It's not needed, though.  All of these can be converted to EP/FP using Gray Imports Conversion Trick and are one time only, being the key ingredient here.  Anyone, even the ones without patience and skill can convert any Vehicle to AP, even at the end of the game.  Despite AP being "better" than EP/FP only, EP/FP is one time only, while AP can be can done any time, even after 100%.

Fact of the matter is, nobody "needs" any of these things if they aren't into Special Vehicles.  If you just want to play the game casually, then Starter Saves, Rare Vehicle/Special Vehicle Collections are not going to be of interest...These things are for people bored with basic 100% Completion as all Missions are scripted with the same outcome and become repetitive and easy after many playthroughs, so the only thing left is the challenging aspects which require a lot of patience...

There is plenty of worthy stuff to get for a Starter Save.  I honestly wouldn't JUST get a Phoenix.  The others are nice to have, too, just in case you ever want to do a big Save where you obtain ALL Special Vehicles from the Story as well as have some nice Rare Vehicles converted to EP/FP.  Without EP/FP Vehicles, there is "plenty of space" to work with, but it makes the playthrough a bit more difficult when you have to worry about so many EP/FP Vehicles and having even less storage space to use due to having these in the collection.  The people who get 60+ Special Vehicles in the SAME Save, usually are the people who converted a handful of EP/FP Vehicles and have them within their collection to make their collection greater.  Like, when you leave Los Santos and enter The Country after The Green Sabre is passed, you can have 16 total in the 4 Garages in Los Santos, 4 inside Doherty in San Fierro since it's accessible from the beginning, and you can fill the Impounds up with 3 in each, giving you 9 more, since an Impound exists in LS, SF, and LV.  Since you have a decent amount of storage space from the beginning, it's surely WORTH IT to also accumulate some Rare EP/FP Vehicles.  Not just any random EP/FP Vehicles, but the best of the best...

Of the Rare List, only the Phoenix, Bullet and Turismo are worth making EP/FP, maybe even the SuperGT.

Super GT's are dime a dozen in Los Santos.  Same as finding a Comet and Cheetah in Los Santos, too.  Not worth to make EP/FP when it can be obtained right there without a 4 Star Wanted Level, taken from locked territory, or from Vigilante.

miserkatulle
  • miserkatulle

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

As for the Turismo, sure you can find it in traffic in LV, but bringing it back to LS is no joke and one of the hardest things you'll ever experience in a Starter Save, to be honest.

I've never tried it before, why is it so hard? You're supposed to jump off the Mako bridge, am I correct?

I'm not really that obsessed with collecting special vehicles but I plan to collect on my master save the Sandking (I read somewhere that it can spawn with hydraulics too, that's what I'm going for).

Also thanks for you input, your dedication to collecting special vehicles and overall knowledge about them is impressive.

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

It's hard cuz the f*cking moron Cops, Cruisers, Rangers, and Enforcers love to get in your way.  Furthermore, at least on PS2 (probably only a PS2 issue, actually), the barrier in the middle of the bridge just "pops in" to the screen when I get close to it and I missed it a lot of times.  I JUST made it over and the Turismo was smoking black and nearly blew up cuz it landed upside down and rolled a lot on the road below.  Not only this, but the moment you exit a Vehicle to snatch a Turismo from traffic, the foot Cops will surely shoot the sh*t out of it, popping tires possibly and just damaging it enough that it'll be smoking white, light grey by the time you want to try the jump on the bridge.  It's seriously not easy.  I actually had to use a Pay and Spray TWICE last Summer just to heal the Turismo whilst trying the jump.  It's seriously horrible.  I'll take any of the 4 Star Wanted Level 100% Requirement Tasks any day to trying to get a Turismo back to LS.  That sh*t sucked and I spent a good week trying to do that a year ago.  Not only that, but just to find it in traffic can be a pain in the ass at times, too.

If you have the patience to get a Phoenix in Vigilante, then the Turismo is the runner up for Rare Vehicles in Vigilante...

As for the Sandking, I prefer it WITHOUT Hydraulics since you can't use the rotating camera on PS2 at all in a Vehicle with Hydraulics.  If you try and look left or right (I don't mean drive-by, I mean rotation the camera left or right), your Vehicle will go on two wheels and if you're going around a turn, it'll flip over.  I steer clear of Hydraulics on ANY Vehicle.  I hate them with a passion, lol, especially the low to the ground Vehicles which are embarrassing and can't even drive on the sidewalk without flipping over, basically.  But yeah, Sandking can spawn with or without Hydraulics at the "Big Ear" in the Desert and it's pretty easy to get back since it's high off the ground, and like the Dune, you can just drive it over the barrier, lol...Nothing to it, really...

Thanks!  It's all I care about in GTA these days, since doing 100% just doesn't do it for me anymore.  I've became bored a long time ago with GTA, so Special Vehicles are the only thing holding my interest afloat, but after the many Saves I've done across 10 GTA's, even this aspect is being slightly boring as nothing is challenging anymore.  If I do something a couple times, I can do it better and faster the next time, and it just keeps progressing like that.  I never downgrade, I only upgrade, lol...

• Rachel Amber likes this

miserkatulle
  • miserkatulle

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

I'll try to get the Turismo then, sounds like a good challenge.

About the Sandking, I play on PC so I don't see any difference... the fact that it can come with hydraulics just adds to the "rare" factor, in my opinion. 

I just tried moving my Hotknife to LS impound garage through the Pimping method, to make room for the Sandking, checked it and it wasn't in the impound :O, I wonder what I did wrong.

I saw that you were having trouble getting the Phoenix, did you get it yet?

Also, if I get a FP Hotknife and convert it to EP/FP, will it lose the FP status?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Yeah, it's insane from LV to LS.  One of the most ridiculous "Rare Vehicle Tasks" in a Starter Save no doubt.  Sure, a Phoenix will take a while and days may go by of searching, but other than having patience, it's not hard at all.  But the Turismo from LV to LS really, really sucks.  Glad I don't need to do that ever again! :D :p

Yeah, on PC, rotating camera isn't an issue with Hydraulics.  Only a PS2 thing.  Another funny thing is, but for VC, is the Minigun on PS2...Doesn't aim.  Only in a straight line.  There is all these things to overcome when playing the PS2 Version, hence why I like it the most as it's the hardest Platform to play on...

For PC, the LS Impound is easy.  Simply run in HUGGING THE WALLS without looking at the Impound Zone and when you turn the corner it should be there.  Some say you HAVE TO also look at the Impound Zone, which is absolutely true on PS2, but I also play iOS and I never had to and Mobile is very similar to that of PC.  Furthermore, jam8tone's Maximizing Storage Space Video on PC also shows the LS Impound and he doesn't look at the Impound Zone, either.  Just hugs the walls and his EP/FP Police Maverick, EP/FP News Chopper, and EP/FP Raindance is always there...

Yeah, I got it.  Check THIS TOPIC AND REPLY.  I show my Stats and I show my Rare Vehicle Collection.  13.90% achieved and I have the "Big Smoke" EC Black Perennial, Phoenix, Turismo, Bullet, Hotknife, Euros, Bloodring Banger, Sandking, Dune, NE NRG-500, and Seasparrow.  10 Rare Vehicles to convert to EP/FP at any given time when I do an SA Save and the EC Black Perennial since I do Big Smoke in my Starter Save despite it not needing to be done.  Without Big Smoke, it's 13.37%.  With Big Smoke, it's 13.90%.  However, on Mobile, Gyms are open from the start of a New Game, thus you can actually reach 14.97% without Big Smoke and 15.50% with Big Smoke.

ANY Proof Vehicle loses it's Properties when you convert to EP/FP with Gray Imports.  So lets say you wanted to convert the BP Forklift to EP/FP, well, if you do that, BP will be gone and REPLACED with EP/FP.  It won't be BP/EP/FP.  The ONLY Vehicles you should use during Gray Imports are Rare Vehicles and EC Vehicles.  NO Vehicles with immunities should be used as they get deleted in the process and replaced with EP/FP only...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by OrionSR, 3 weeks ago.

A Sandking with raised hydraulics can drive right over the rail of the Mako Span, so the non-hydraulics versions is slightly more of a challenge to collect. Without hydraulics is surprisingly rare, especially for the first one encountered (old observations). I play with a gamepad on PC. I don't like the hydraulic camera either.

For collecting the Turismo from restricted LV, if you aren't worried about save attempts in your stats or can work this into other trips to LV, instead of trying to retrieve the first Turismo you find, impound it at the Emerald Isle car park and save so you won't need to wait for the rare traffic spawns again. The LV impound is pretty easy to work with. I usually flip the Turismo over the rail of the Mako Span using the center barrier as a ramp. It's sloppy but works eventually. Undrowning zones are more reliable but the strategy takes for ever to complete.

Impounding issues are very common until you learn the quirks of these beasts. Impounds are weird. The 010 save editor can verify the contents of your impound garages. I'm not sure if garage trainers support the impounds; mine doesn't.

• MorsPrincipiumEst, Rachel Amber and miserkatulle like this

miserkatulle
  • miserkatulle

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

Got the Turismo, took me 5 tries and around 40 minutes but it was really annoying, I feel your pain now.

Another question that I must ask, what are the precautions that I need to take when it comes to the police impounds? Are there any missions from the main story (or side-missions that are unlocked later on) that are able to "clear" the impound slots and should I be worried by simply driving near the LSPD HQ, above ground, or does the Y coordinate does not matter in this case?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Insane!  Good one!  It took me like 40 Minutes of standing on top of Ammunation in LV just to see a Turismo in traffic, period.  It never would spawn.  PS2 has strange issues where the Framerate will drop during 4 Star Wanted Level Tasks in the beginning and things barely spawn properly.  Nothing but Enforcer Roadblocks at times in LV.  So when the game is acting up and is pushing its limits, it's even more of a pain in the ass to actually find a Turismo and get it to spawn...

Tons of Missions and Side Missions that can f*ck you over.  Impounds are usually for advanced players as like OrionSR said, there is quirks with all of them and all 3 act differently.  You really need the knowledge before you use them, tbh.  For instance if you drive a Vehicle over to Big Smoke's House and start "Just Business," the Vehicle you drove to the Red Marker with will be impounded to LS.  A bunch of The Country Story Mission Red Markers also do this and impound to Los Santos.  Trucking Side Mission impounds anything you drive there to LS Impound, too, and Quarry Side Mission impounds anything you drive there to LV Impound.  Basically, you can not let your guard down and have to check on things after every task(s) you do after saving the game to make sure everything is the way it should be.

Driving above the Impound doesn't effect what's inside as far as I know.  Only driving down IN the actual Impound can delete stuff if you don't look at it when entering/exiting and such.  LV is by far the easiest Impound to work with while LS comes in second, and SF is the most annoying but still manageable.

When I first used Impounds was back in 2015 and all I had in there was the AP Packer from Just Business and it was rather easy to keep it there until I unlocked the Hanger by doing "Verdant Meadows."  But in my current 1st Save File for SA which I finished this past January 2017, I had the AP Packer, EP/FP Sandking, and EP/FP Bloodring Banger in the LS Impound and the AP Sultan in the LV Impound and I kept them there for a long time, most of the game until I unlocked Las Venturas and they were safe, but from the 2015 Save, I gained the knowledge of all these Story Missions and Side Missions in which can f*ck you over and overwrite the Special Vehicles you have stored in the Impounds.  A lot of studying and knowledge goes into them if you want to actually use them as storage space.

In my OLD 2nd Save File, the one I finished in June 2016, I had 3 AP Helicopters in the LS Impound and 3 AP Police Vehicles in the LV Impound.  I never had experience with the SF Impound, though.  Only LS/LV are easy for me to work with.

Currently, I only have 2 Special Vehicles inside the Impound and it's in LS in my 1st Save File.  I have the AP Packer from Just Business in there and also the AP Fire Truck from End of the Line.  Since I obtained 69 Special Vehicles in my 1st Save File, these "large" Vehicles were nice additions to the Impounds and stored them in there toward the end of the game when storage space was tight...

Here is an IMPOUND TOPIC that OrionSR has made...

• Rachel Amber and miserkatulle like this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

The impound garages are very sensitive to CJ's Z level. My best estimate is that the door opens when CJ is within range (check the topic for specifics) and his center of mass is between the bottom and top of the zone, but there may be more specific notes in the topic. Save garages will open no matter how far above or below CJ is from a garage as long as he's within range.

Speaking of impound garages: For anyone using or considering the SilentPatch, the rules for impounds are different with the patch. The impounds are suppose to work properly - the cars don't get discarded automatically. Also, whatever CJ is driving when he get's busted will get impounded. It seems to me that there should be some interesting exploits available to players with an impound (almost) anywhere feature that dings the player with a +1 arrest stat. I realize that most elite players tend to avoid any sort of mod, but this is a very common tool often used by players just to get the game to work properly on their computer. And not everyone is quite so picky, so I'd thought I'd mention the issue to avoid confusion about unusual observations.

A lot of the older garage editors didn't manage the impound garages. But SASE 1.00, a save editor, has a pretty good garage tool that can help you track what's inside your impound garages, and check up on your remote garages and fragile paint jobs. It can't hurt if you just peek and don't save, right?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by OrionSR, 2 weeks ago.

New Observations on Impounding Vehicles CJ has Never Driven

I apologize for the double post, but it's my understanding that some players are actively learning to use the impound garages and I didn't want this update to be missed. When my investigation is complete I'll revise the Care and Feeding topic with the latest info but for now I'm not exactly sure how everything's going to play out. I also wanted to bring this info directly to the players that actually use the impound garages - The Collectors. 

We've known for a while now that sometimes the game will impound vehicles that CJ has never driven. It's not uncommon for players to find lame boats in the SFPD impound or crummy aircraft in LVPD, for example. Now I have a basic understanding of how to cause this glitch intentionally, which will hopefully provide clues to how to avoid it.

• Inappropriate impounds are probably limited to Boat School, Bike School, Triathlons, and to a limited extent, Trucking.
  • Driving School's interior location appears to prevent the glitch.

In San Andreas, vehicles are impounded by "clear area" commands used to stage or cleanup missions. If the vehicle to be cleared is identified as CJ's current or previous vehicle then it is sent to the nearest impound garage instead of cleared as garbage. I'm defining "current vehicle" as the car CJ is driving or has driven most recently when on foot, and his previous vehicle is the one before that. All vehicles CJ has driven (remote vehicles are untested) appear to count on this list. Specifically, mission vehicles count, as well as anything else CJ drives since loading the save.

My understanding of some of the technical details is less than optimal at the moment. I'll try to fill in the gaps and will revise as necessary but for now I'm trying to paint a clear picture that players can use to hunt for exceptions.

• Triathlons - 10000 clear area radius. This will catch anything on the map if it still exists. But anything besides a previous vehicle will probably be close by, and Triathons start quite a distance from a lot of traffic, and that makes a big difference.

• Trucking - ~50 meter radius, and considered quite large compared to most missions.
  • Emerald Isle - Needs testing in new context. No traffic, but lots of scripted vehicles, and maybe some police pursuit.
  • Pimping - 30 meters centered on the Broadway's car generator.

• Schools - 400 meter radius, these can catch nearly anything likely to be active.

Size matters, and so does location, because the inappropriate impound glitch is triggered when one of the vehicles to be cleared is in the same slot as CJ's current or previous vehicles, but CJ's car no longer exists.

Long-time readers of this topic may remember that I've got a cleo script to issues clear area commands surrounding CJ's location. I widened the radius to 1000 for these tests. And I've been using my script that displays the handling flags of cars in the garages to track changes to the garage contents as they happen.

So to trigger the glitch we first need to get rid of CJ's vehicle and then let them get replaced by random cars. Wrecks will eventually be discarded, but a quicker strategy is to enter cars in a garage and then let the door close on them again. With two defunct handles active if I quickly hit my clear area button then most likely nothing inappropriate will be impounded because nothing has had a chance to fill that slot yet. Try again and I'll probably catch one inappropriate impound. If I wait a little longer before clearing then I can catch the 2nd vehicle too. But after that nothing else gets sent to the garage. Also, if I wait for a while I can catch both cars in one try; the step by step part is just getting a feel for how the slots fill up.

Arriving at bike or boat school on foot or by jetpack will protected the garage for the first lesson (and maybe the 2nd). After that, the vehicles CJ has been driving for the lessons start triggering inappropriate impounds. Completing boat school straight through and repeating lessons only to pass managed to replace everything in the SFPD impound with a few extras to spare.

I suppose I should run more tests on the 2nd lesson to see if I can get consistent results as that would make a huge difference to anyone that wanted to save and reload between each lesson as a strategy to protect a full impound garage, especially considering the travel time required to reach boat school.

Update: Only the first lesson is free of glitches if CJ arrives without using vehicles since loading. Quitting the mission between each lesson seemed to reduce the risk of an impound, but the randomness of the event makes it hard to draw any conclusions on what would be an unreliable strategy at best.

I'm not expecting a lot of trouble from Trucking. For starters, the radius is fairly small. There's a small section of road that can be included but no gargens or anything to worry about. If random traffic did fill an old slot the car probably wouldn't get snagged. However, I'd feel safer leaving my travel vehicle safely out of range so I didn't need to worry about random glitches. Besides, saving between Trucking missions is fairly normal anyway.

Speculation: As hinted at earlier, I'm curious about the implications for remote vehicles. I don't know if remote vehicles count as a players current or previous vehicle, but that may not matter. The exploit would be to trick the game into clearing the remote vehicles inappropriately because the RC Tiger spawned to fill the previous vehicle slot. I'm not sure if these vehicles are cleared or destroyed individually, but it might be worth looking into.

New Model Army

A clear area command is issued immediately before the vehicles are created. CJ is placed in a BMX during the mission. The RCTigers I tracked were flagged as no longer needed by missions as they were wrecked, and completely destroyed at the end of the mission. Maybe something interesting would happen if the mission could be started twice. Otherwise, I don't see any easy solutions.

Air Raid - 25 meter clear area for spawning single barons. 1000 cleared between "All batteries commence fire!" and "He's going for my transmitters!" 1000 clear during mission failed and mission passed routines. It looks like barons have are marked as not needed by missions when they are wrecked. Others are removed from the game.

Supply Lines has a few 1000 meter clears during the mission.

• Just before CJ is placed into RC mode.
  • Just before all the vehicles are created.
  • Just before cut-scene with "Berkley has his sycophantic lackeys do all his deliveries."

I don't see anything marking the baron as unneeded or destroying it at the end of the mission. CJ is sitting in a Topfun during the mission.

• MorsPrincipiumEst and SpriteFan274 like this

miserkatulle
  • miserkatulle

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

Something I'd like to share that happened to me yesterday is that I was moving all my vehicles out of the LSPD impound to normal garages. When I was done I checked a save editor only to find out that a Camper had been placed in the impound, which is weird since I never got inside one that day. Never did I start any missions or side missions too, since it was on my master save.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

My impound notes above have been updated to warn that the 2nd lesson is not immune from glitches when CJ arrives without a current or previous vehicle in memory.

A stray camper in the LSPD impound could be explained by a parked car generator within the garage zone spawning a vehicle from the casual_poor popcycle, which is included with the Shopping district of Pershing Square during the late night and early morning. And you were working within the LSPD impound at the time. So this observation doesn't quite reach the level of a glitch. 

I would be very much surprised to learn that vehicles were impounded without entering the impound, or triggering a mission or a script with a clear area command - like the Emerald Isle Car Park. I can't think of anything off hand, but I tend to ignore the tiny 1-3 meter clears as impractical to exploit intentionally and extremely unlikely to contain a vehicle CJ has actually driven. But now we've got a working hypothesis for how cars CJ has never driven could be impounded so...

Please continue your observations. I'll keep making bold predictions based on the current garage theory and when you can nail down an exception we can have a really fun argument. I love being proved wrong as I usually get to learn something new and interesting.

Sprite. This all seems pretty much on-topic in context, but I'd be happy to take the impound conversation elsewhere if you feel we've strayed too far.

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

Informations about Impounds and all Garages should be in Special Vehicle Guides, so it's not Off-Topic, don't worry. I should make a List and a Map of all Garages/Impounds available in SA like for the other 8 Guides too and also put information for all of them (like how much the Safehouses cost to be bought and when they get available etc.)...

Your observations on the Impounds are greatly appreciated and I will probably copy/paste some of your listings in the SA Guide OP at the Garage Section, to make things clear for everyone who wants to use Impounds.

But the SA Guide Editing is on hold, I want to Edit the other Guides first, fix up some stuff and when it's done, I will list and explain the SA OM0 Stuff, maybe even test them out in-game on the PC Version to make things clearer for myself too...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

When it comes time to quote my posts please let me review the content - post first and ask later if you want. I feel fairly confident in my new reports but I won't feel too comfortable until the results have been replicated by other players in a more natural setting - a process that might take a while. In general, if the subject isn't too complex, please consider learning the skills required so that you'd feel comfortable editing, revising and replacing my text enough to call it your own work. Save the official quotes for the stuff you don't want to touch for fear of messing it up.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

I've been getting vague reports about the SilentPatch making garages eat wrecked special vehicles more often than would be expected normally. But gauging the difference between normal garage issues and a glitch is difficult for me to assess. I'll try to gather more information on specific vehicles and garages, but in the meantime I thought I'd ask the player most experienced with these matters. 

Are there any collectors out there using the SilentPatch that have experienced issues with garages that can point me in the right direction of isolating a glitch? Are there any collectors willing to test the SilentPatch in a garage eating investigation? Any help would be appreciated.

Nick007J
  • Nick007J

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Nick007J, 5 days ago.

I've been getting vague reports about the SilentPatch making garages eat wrecked special vehicles more often than would be expected normally. But gauging the difference between normal garage issues and a glitch is difficult for me to assess. I'll try to gather more information on specific vehicles and garages, but in the meantime I thought I'd ask the player most experienced with these matters. 

Are there any collectors out there using the SilentPatch that have experienced issues with garages that can point me in the right direction of isolating a glitch? Are there any collectors willing to test the SilentPatch in a garage eating investigation? Any help would be appreciated.

SilentPatch increases frame rate to 30, whereas originally game runs at 25. Garage eating wrecked vehicles mechanics is frame-based, so it is more difficult to avoid it with SP (as well as with frame limiter off). Not to mention, it is not a glitch, but a totally intended mechanics, no idea what its point is though.
  • OrionSR likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users