3,287 replies to this topic
MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah, some Special Vehicles are down to an exact Science.  If you do one small thing different, it won't work.  I am glad when people have the patience to figure out what they are doing wrong, continue trying, and finally succeeding and understanding it better than ever.

• Crestfallen likes this

MM KJ
  • MM KJ

Player Hater

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Such guys I like. They deserve some honor. I'm also this type special vehicle hunter, that never mind if it requires time, OM0, multiple saves, garage management job - I'm going for every single vehicle that SA has to offer.

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 4 weeks ago

Phoenix was such a nightmare but i finally got it AFTER 27hours of restarting vigilante over and over, But finally i got it on my fresh starter save, what a price.
  • NOskillx and toomuchinvigilation like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 4 weeks ago.

The Phoenix never seems bad if you're doing other stuff BESIDES looking for it in Vigilante.  When I got it, it was over a period of 3-4 days whilst doing other Tasks for the Starter Save as well as looking for other Vehicles in Vigilante all at the same time.  One day I loaded my game, activated Vigilante, drove to about 3 Vehicles and on the 4th Vehicle spawning in Vigilante was the Phoenix.  I also saw the Phoenix TWICE before in Vigilante, but this was in San Fierro, before Mountain Cloud Boys as I wanted an NE BF-400 and NE FCR-900 to make EC/EM which I found both in Vigilante, but while I was doing it, I ran into the Phoenix twice there...

But if all you're doing is reloading or going to each red blip on the Radar to check for a Phoenix and ONLY doing this for days, THEN it seems like a nightmare.  But if you're just casually trying to find it, it seems to just appear easier when you're not thinking about it...

I can't wait to redo my Starter Save.  It's really the only other SA Project I care about.  I am doing a 2nd 100% Save using OM0, but don't care about it very much.  Just doing it to do cuz why not, but it's not going to be anything special like the Starter Save and 1st 100% Save without OM0...

Crestfallen
  • Crestfallen

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Aight, currently on EOTL with all side missions completed and obtained both BP/FP S.W.A.T. and FI Greenwood. Obtaining the FI Greenwood with 100% gang territory wasn't that hard tbh -- only took me about 10-15 minutes by using Minigun and Sawn-Off at the same time. Luckily whenever a cop chases me, some GSF's hanging around would come to aid me.

By the way, is it worth the time to get the special vehicles that can be obtained anytime later? Example would be the FI Mountain Bike from Beat the Cock.

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 4 weeks ago

Personal Preference 

• Crestfallen likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

By the way, is it worth the time to get the special vehicles that can be obtained anytime later? Example would be the FI Mountain Bike from Beat the Cock.

If you want, but I personally don't find it necessary.  You have 77 total spots per Save File and there surely is enough Proof, Unique, and EC Vehicles to fill the space.  If you miss something, then by all means get something that is infinite to fill the extra space, but I like saving Vehicles like those for other Save Files and such since too many Special Vehicles take priority in this game over the unlimited ones...

• Crestfallen likes this

MM KJ
  • MM KJ

Player Hater

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well you are right, but most garages fit 2 or if you are lucky, 3 cars inside, meanwhile the maximum space is 4. So my suggestion is, that there aint too many proofed b i k e s in that game, so your AP mountain bike would be a nice fit in such a small garage.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The AP Mountain Bike would of fit inside my ONLY Garage which has 3 Vehicles inside.  But I disagree that there isn't plenty of Bikes in this game because there is.  The only Garage that holds TWO Cars is Dillimore.  Every other Garage, Ganton, Calton Heights, and some of the LV Garages included that are small CAN FIT 3 CARS inside.  Dillimore is the ONLY Garage which can't store 3 or 4 Cars.  Just 2, plus 2 Bikes, or 2 Vortexes, or a Forklift and a Bike, etc, etc, plenty of small Vehicles to go around and if you actually make a plan before hand, you can easily park them all nicely, get them all out, and fill all the space, so...

Photos don't lie.  Maybe you just don't park them properly because the way I see it is you never need these added Vehicles.  All of the ones in the Story + Smoke's BP/EP/FP/MP Patriot and as many EP/FP Vehicles as you desire can fit with ease and you can store 77.  In my case 69, but that is still +1 OVER the absolute capacity of the 17 Garages which hold 4 each.  I filled everything with 4 Vehicles in each except Redsands West, which is holding the BP/FP Voodoo, BP/FP Tahoma, and BP/MP Walton.  Then I got the AP Fire Truck and AP Packer in the LS Impound.  Still 1 spot free in Redsands West, 1 spot free in LS Impound, 3 spots free in SF Impound, and 3 spots free in LV Impound.

At the end of the day, AP on any Cycle is useless since Bullets can't wreck it, anyways, it won't "break down" from crashing.  The only good thing with an AP Cycle is that Explosions won't knock CJ off the Mountain Bike, but other than the EP Property whilst CJ is sitting on it, you wouldn't even know the other Properties (BP, DP, and FP) are included on the Bike as Bullets, Crashing, and Fire don't harm any Cycle, period...

MM KJ
  • MM KJ

Player Hater

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well these properties are useless, I agree but..it is still a special vehicle. Which yea, can be obtained anytime after 100% which actually makes it count as 'rare'. Well idk about other bikes, but I personally obtained all proofed bikes from this game and got some NE ones as well, bcs I aint got time to fit cars in this way that these are hard to get out afterwards. I dont mind creating additional saves, as the story is great and I have a starter save :D

Crestfallen
  • Crestfallen

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I've already completed this save 100% a few days ago (this save only includes the special vehicles found in the story -- this doesn't include all the 0MO vehicles and girlfriend vehicles). I'll show the pics of every garage from both saves when I finish my 2nd save, which includes all the 0MO Vehicles.

1st Save (Special Vehicles from the main story):

Ganton: FI Greenwood, FI/UC2 Feltzer
El Corona (or Verdant Bluffs): Unique/BP/FP S.W.A.T., FI Infernus, FI Glendale, FI PCJ-600
Santa Maria Beach: FI/UC Newsvan, FI/UC Vortex, FI/UC Vortex, UC BF Injection
Mulholland: EP/FP Seasparrow, BP Forklift, FI Tampa, CP/EP/FP/MP LS Police

Dillimore: FI Sabre, FI Sadler, FI HPV1000, UC Pizzaboy
Palomino Creek: UC2 Mesa, UC2/UT Pony, UC2 Perennial, FI Sanchez

Doherty: CP/EP/FP/MP Rancher, FI/UC Maverick, FI Savanna, BP/EP/FP/MP Patriot
Hashbury: FI Boxville, UC Camper, BP Tanker, FI Tanker Trailer
Calton Heights: Unique/FI RC Raider, FI/UC2 Merit, UC Burrito, UC Pony
Paradiso: EP/FP Hotknife, CP/FP Rumpo, UC2 Stretch, FI FCR-900

Fort Carson: UC Nebula, UC Nebula, UC Nebula
Verdant Meadows Garage: EP/FP Dune, EP/FP Sandking, FI/UC2 Buffalo, FI Mothership
Verdant Meadows Hangar: UC Maverick, UC Packer, FI Packer, FI Firetruck II

Prickle Pine: EP/FP Phoenix, EP/FP Euros
Redsands West: BP/MP Walton, FI/UC2 Bravura, CP/EP/FP BF-400, EP/FP Bullet
Rockshore West: FI/UC2 Admiral, FI Sentinel, FI Sultan, EP/FP/UC/UT BF-400
Whitewood Estates: BP/FP Tahoma, BP/FP Voodoo

LS Impound: Empty
SF Impound: Empty
LV Impound: Empty

2nd Save (0MO Vehicles; Work in Progress -- currently in LV):

Ganton: FI/UC2 Remington, FI Blade, FI/NE BF-400
El Corona (or Verdant Bluffs): BP/EP/FP/MP Majestic, FI Majestic, FI Sultan
Santa Maria Beach: Empty
Mulholland: EP/FP Seasparrow (converted this one using Gray Imports because I doubt there is a way to submerge this thing in deep water)

Dillimore: FI Sadler
Palomino Creek: Empty

Doherty: FI/UC2 ZR-350, FI/UC2 Washington, FI/UC2 Picador, FI Broadway
Hashbury: Empty
Calton Heights: Empty
Paradiso: Empty

Fort Carson: Empty
Verdant Meadows Garage: NE Barracks
Verdant Meadows Hangar: Unique Andromada

Prickle Pine: Empty
Redsands West: Empty
Rockshore West: Empty
Whitewood Estates: Empty

LS Impound: Empty
SF Impound: Empty
LV Impound: Empty
  • OrionSR and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Of course it's possible:

Literally ALL Vehicles can be made AP in this game.  Vortex included, Seasparrow included, Leviathan included, Skimmer included, etc, etc...

• Crestfallen likes this

Crestfallen
  • Crestfallen

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Oh, thanks. I guess I was wrong then. I tried flipping the Seasparrow for about 10 minutes but failed to do so. Gonna try that again after I obtain the FI Leviathan from Up, Up, and Away!...

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 3 weeks ago. shortened images

I only ever cared about the Leviathan and didn't obtain it from the Story Mission.  I just did the OM0 nonsense and while the Girlfriend was waiting for the Coffee and me to accept, I just took the Leviathan from the Airstrip that spawns there and dunked it in the water upside down and activated the Coffee Cutscene and then flew it out of the water and back to the Hanger.  I don't really have any issues with the flipping part but I never tried on a Seasparrow, but it's probably more of the same.  Leviathan is even bulkier, slower and that was easy so I'd imagine the smaller Helicopter, less bulky, faster, will work even better...

I'm assuming you got the Photo Opportunity Vehicles with the Suicides and such?  That is the ONLY reason which prevents me from using OM0 for Story Mission related Special Vehicles.  95% of them require a Suicide (or 2 and even leave Blips for PS2 Version) whereas the AP Conversion requires NO added Mission Attempts and NO Suicides.  Unlike OM0 in LCS and VCS which I've used to obtain all the OM0 Vehicles from the Story and Side Missions due to the fact that when you save and reload, the game reverts back to normal.  ALL Blips (if there were any) are removed, any wacky sh*t present on the screen when you saved also disappears, and nothing is harmed.  Yet in SA if you save with this sh*t, you can never remove it.  Hell, even in VC with the EC Black Conversion using OM0 is harmless.  No stray blips or anything to taint the Save.  It's just SA where OM0 sucks and ruined the game due to making all Special Vehicles from the Story and Side Missions useless since now anyone without any skills can get any AP Vehicle they want since the Conversion is a 1 star difficulty.  It can't get any easier than that...Even the EC/EM Conversion makes all the EC Vehicles useless but a handful.  Why anyone would actually LIKE this instead of obtaining the actual Special Vehicles from the Story is beyond me.  You want 60 AP Vehicles, then rinse and repeat doing the same thing 60 times.  Sounds boring, right?  It is.

I already did an OM0 Save last Summer and then deleted it as I plan to redo my Starter Save over and the 2nd Save File using OM0, but this time, I will NOT go all out and make tons of random useless AP Vehicles I will never touch.  Just my favorites will do, like the Hunter, Leviathan, Police, Hydra, etc.

HERE was the old Save

When I redo this 2nd Save File, it will NOT be including the Unique Andromada or the 3 EC Nebulas as I have these already in my new current 1st Save File with no OM0 sh*t.  It also will NOT include any Vehicle from my 1st Save.  Like, I have an EP/FP Phoenix for example in the 1st Save, so that means I won't have an AP Phoenix in the 2nd Save.  I won't be getting duplicate Vehicles, but in AP form.  Doesn't interest me at all...

I am only doing the 2nd Save basically for the Unique/EP/FP RC Baron and some AP/EC/EM Vehicles, but not as many as this old 2nd Save had.

All the sh*t you see written under the Photos is obsolete at this point since I redid my 1st SA Save which now has 69 Special Vehicles and the Stats are also much better, too.  Just like I will be redoing the Starter Save and 2nd Save File as well in a few months when I get back to SA.  First need to finish FIVE VCS Saves and then go back to III and redo the 53% Starter Save and TWO Saves for ALL Special Vehicles included...

In about 9 months from now I also plan to redo the SA Mobile Save and do it traditionally.  Not gonna just make random AP Vehicles like my current SA Mobile Save is like...

MM KJ
  • MM KJ

Player Hater

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Guys I'm still interested in DP leviathan hahaha :D has anyone managed to get it so far?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 3 weeks ago.

I only know the founder and COVRA, which hasn't been around in ages who obtained it...

So 2 people got it, and none of them are available for questions, so...

Crestfallen
  • Crestfallen

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I know how you feel. Sinking a vehicle in a water and later on pushing it back to the surface doesn't feel rewarding as doing it the legit way. I'd rather flip an Infernus with a Tractor no matter how many attempts it would take me, shoot a wreck of a Greenwood back to a starving garage no matter how many times the garage eats the wreck or how many sadistic cops/pedestrians would shoot me (though only criminals, dealers, and prostitutes are the ones who have pistols), shoot a Maverick off a helipad (though this only takes me about 20-25 minutes), than pushing them out of the water. Gives you the feeling of satisfaction when you conquer a laborious task.

This is why I also make 2 save files: one for only the "traditionally" obtained special vehicles, and one for the OM0 vehicles. I also don't take this OM0 save seriously, so I don't care that much about suicides and failures. I also have plans on redoing my 1st save in the future, as well as redoing my own starter save (which I already deleted and which I used in my 1st save) since this starter save was from my old PC.

I actually wanted to get the CP Leviathan as well (by CP I mean Crash Proof), but I still have no idea how the SF Impound works.
  • MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 3 weeks ago.

That's pretty much the ONLY reason I didn't get it in my new 1st Save File.  Since you're forced to use the Impound, the only one I never used, I just skipped it.  As for the Police, I also just "skipped it," but that's because I tried on 5 or 6 other Saves 50X Attempts each without getting close, so I figured I don't need it on PS2 as I can get it on Mobile when I do my new Save first try.  Simple on PC/Mobile/Xbox, but extremely wack on PS2 and the culprit is the poor draw distance for PS2.  Doesn't matter how good you keep the camera on the Police after the Greenwood is destroyed.  All that matters is the DISTANCE away you are when the Greenwood explodes to the Police in the alleyway.  If you make the turn up the hills, it's gone.  Only way to get the Police would be to somehow destroy the Greenwood practically in front of the alleyway which isn't possible unless you use that Pause/Unpause bullsh*t, which is why it's so easy on the other Platforms but not PS2 since that doesn't work.  Without Pause/Unpause and without good Draw Distance?  1% chance of obtaining it.

Since I have 4 Deaths in my 1st Save (AP/EC Maverick, AP Mothership, Unique Andromada, and AP Fire Truck), I was actually going for ZERO in the 2nd Save despite it being the inferior Save due to it using OM0.  I also was trying to get 161 or 162 Mission Attempts for that 2nd Save, as well, thus only failing ONCE or ZERO times for the entire Save by 100%.  The only thing that MIGHT bump me over and give me some extra Attempts is Cesar's annoying Courier Calls OR the RC Baron depending if I can pass the Mission or not.  All those Side Missions that the RC Baron can now be obtained from add Attempts, so I won't be doing that.  Getting it from Air Raid with either passing or failing, preferably passing.

But everything you said, I agree on 1000000%.  Any OM0 Save I do will always be the inferior Save and the one I don't care about.  It's just for fun and I don't take it seriously...

• Crestfallen likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users