Schafter V12 appreciation thread

848 replies to this topic
Whatever7540
  • Whatever7540

Benefactor CEO

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

You see, turbo gives you huge power boost. Theoretically it is great (more power=faster car) but it's not that simple. Schafter V12 is a RWD car with lots of power being stock, and if you will give it another huge power boost it will have great acceleration, on paper. Unfortunately Schafter V12 is heavy and at the same time very powerful RWD makes it very easy to do wheelspins (the longer wheelspin=the much time you need for 0-60) and it will be very oversteer car.

coelacanth72
  • coelacanth72

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

In any high power rwd car u can't just dump the gas and expect it to launch cleanly. This is what I mean by u can't have all the power all the time. Using partial throttle u can however get it to hook up, then stand on the gas and get full advantage of the blower.
  • Mattoropael and Randoom. like this

Randoom.
  • Randoom.

monitor

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Randoom., 4 weeks ago.

You see, turbo gives you huge power boost. Theoretically it is great (more power=faster car) but it's not that simple. Schafter V12 is a RWD car with lots of power being stock, and if you will give it another huge power boost it will have great acceleration, on paper. Unfortunately Schafter V12 is heavy and at the same time very powerful RWD makes it very easy to do wheelspins (the longer wheelspin=the much time you need for 0-60) and it will be very oversteer car.

But that only matters till you get traction. When you get up to a certain speed, you'll see that the turbo is better. You could also do 10 laps on a track with the turbo and without the turbo, if you can even handle the V12.

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Arrows to Athens, 4 weeks ago.

I'm not sure if this will interest you or has any relevance to what you're discussing, but here you go:

He talks about turbo and all the other upgraded making you go faster.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by SilverRST, 3 weeks ago.

Doesn't it ruin that sexy engine sound?

It's not that bad but still better without it

Thanks for the clarification, I knew I could hear the sounds changed.

That's why I don't install turbo on sports classic cars like Manana and other cars because turbo ruins their sounds.

And I have the schafter V12 too. Sexy cars, nice colorable interior and also a nice car in some stunts maps. Sexy sound too.

coelacanth72
  • coelacanth72

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Turbo whine sounds appropriate for a tuned monster benzo. They pretty much gave up on naturally aspirated motors for the really hot stuff. Stupid emissions bs...

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

Proud Killer of Rate The Car Above You

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 3 weeks ago

But that only matters till you get traction. When you get up to a certain speed, you'll see that the turbo is better. You could also do 10 laps on a track with the turbo and without the turbo, if you can even handle the V12.

Exactly.

This isn't a racing sim where excessive power without sufficient traction (or traction control) will lead to spinning out on every gear shift. Even if (and if) it impacts launch negatively, you only launch once every race unless you crash, and that first launch problem is mitigated by the launch boost anyway.

• Randoom. likes this

Whatever7540
  • Whatever7540

Benefactor CEO

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Oh, I see, too much forza for me :D

Maximillion
  • Maximillion

Welcome to Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Maximillion, A week ago.

Accidental post

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users