Photo

Dragon Ball Super

166 replies to this topic
Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:27 PM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 19 July 2017 - 07:30 PM.

So I caught up with this show again. The last few episodes have been pretty good.
Spoiler

Edit: Oh and I try not to think too much about the power scaling anymore. It's never really made sense and it probably never will so it's better to just try to suspend my disbelief.

fashion
  • fashion

f*ck you microtransactions

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

While the animations amd style is overall more modern, I do miss the blood/scratches from DBZ. It made the fights seem more brutal. The fights in DBS are more cartoonish but I already got used to it.
  • Richard Power Colt likes this

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:12 AM Edited by Iroquois, 24 July 2017 - 05:33 AM.

So I caught up with this show again. The last few episodes have been pretty good.

Spoiler

Edit: Oh and I try not to think too much about the power scaling anymore. It's never really made sense and it probably never will so it's better to just try to suspend my disbelief.

No..it did made sense.. in DB, DBZ and GT.

Super is the odd one out. The whole frieza thing, Kale's transformation power, Beerus vs Goku, Master Roshi, cabba and that other girl, hit and jiren to name a few. Spoiler contains information regarding everything that has happened up until now in the show.

Spoiler

The power scaling is the most important key to Dragon ball. The most fundamental piece of the entire concept of DB. To rise up and beyond the other. By adding the whole God thing, they upset the balance, coz the term god denotes the most almighty being. I knew the show was ruined when they mentioned god the first time before the series started. IMO, they should announce GT as "canon" even though it already is imo; this new show is pretty crap; i just watch it out of curiosity; just to see how else they can mess it up worse; convoluting it even more.

Too many plotholes man...

• TheFoxRiverFugitive and fashion like this

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:43 AM Edited by fashion, 24 July 2017 - 08:50 AM.

I was very disappointed by the last episode

Spoiler

It started incredible and I was hyped as f*ck this battle would be awesome but they screwed it up, big time.

Edit: buuuut on the other hand
Spoiler

That justifies it for me, a least that's how I'd like to think about it. Still, missed opportunity there.
  • Iroquois likes this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:39 AM

Spoiler

No..it did made sense.. in DB, DBZ and GT.

Super is the odd one out. The whole frieza thing, Kale's transformation power, Beerus vs Goku, Master Roshi, cabba and that other girl, hit and jiren to name a few. Spoiler contains information regarding everything that has happened up until now in the show.

Spoiler

The power scaling is the most important key to Dragon ball. The most fundamental piece of the entire concept of DB. To rise up and beyond the other. By adding the whole God thing, they upset the balance, coz the term god denotes the most almighty being. I knew the show was ruined when they mentioned god the first time before the series started. IMO, they should announce GT as "canon" even though it already is imo; this new show is pretty crap; i just watch it out of curiosity; just to see how else they can mess it up worse; convoluting it even more.

Too many plotholes man...

I'm not ashamed to admit that I enjoyed GT more than I've enjoyed Super. Super feels like rushed and sloppy fan service. So many illogical choices it makes your head spin.

• Iroquois likes this

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:05 AM Edited by fashion, 25 July 2017 - 11:21 AM.

I really do enjoy super, despite the occassional flaws. It does feel like a true and worthy continuation of DBZ. GT did it's own thing and yes, I personally am one of those GT haters.

It's a shame they don't stick to the DB "logic" at all times but in the end, this is still a cartoon for children, especially with the removal of all blood effects. A part of me doesn't want to be too strict on the DB lore and power scaling. I think it's still very entertaining and nostalgic. I'm glad Super happened, never expected it to happen and it still feels like Dragon Ball.

The worst thing about Super is the shortness of the fights and sagas. A fight lasting three minutes isn't a fight. Vegito didn't even last one episode.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:11 PM

May I ask why you don't like GT?

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:28 PM Edited by fashion, 25 July 2017 - 06:28 PM.

Alright. I thought it was all kind of.. generic? Lame writing? Characters looked weird, didn't really like the enviroments either.

- lame and uninteresting villains
- didn't like the baby goku thing at all..
- SS4's look
- piccolo basically gone
- too much focus on goku, not enough of the rest
- trunks rather lame?
- didn't like Vegeta..
- general lack of charm compared to DBZ.
  • Iroquois likes this

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:21 AM

Alright. I thought it was all kind of.. generic? Lame writing? Characters looked weird, didn't really like the enviroments either.

- lame and uninteresting villains
- didn't like the baby goku thing at all..
- SS4's look
- piccolo basically gone
- too much focus on goku, not enough of the rest
- trunks rather lame?
- didn't like Vegeta..
- general lack of charm compared to DBZ.

Hmm interesting. Good points.

But even when you take all of that into consideration, Super is still better for you? :blink: :cry: :dontgetit: :nervous: :( 

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:43 AM

Yes, I think Super is super interesrting and the DBZ charm is there. I love what they're doing with most of the characters, love Goku, Vegeta, Beerus and Whis, Bulma monents were superb and there are a lot of other things I like about it. The multiverse thing is very exciting too.

I just personally think it's a quite good continuation of DBZ. Some flaws here and there such as the terrible Resurrection Frieza saga and make Gohan a nerdy weakling, but the current saga made those two flaws pay off in the end.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:18 AM

jesus, the last episode was pretty wack.. :/  The most cheesiest, cringy and boring episode so far. It felt like i was a watching a blend of pokemon yugioh and sailor moon all blended in together. :barf: . The episodes keep lasting longer too; too much talking going on, less fighting. Even more so than DB, DBZ and GT. The weakest tournament i have ever seen in DB history.

Oh, the new plotholes too:

-The battles have been going on for a long time and all over the stadium arena; yet there are some fighters who havent been introduced to any other fighters as if they have found the safest spot and stood there the entire time, unscathed from damage...Most likely the reason behind this is because they want to center the fight between goku and his friends against every other single opponent. In other words, we still got about 2257 episodes to go, once you factor in the exponential growth of the time they spend discussing what they are about to do their opponents before they do [email protected], you say GT was goku centric, but Super looks goku's universe-centric. Same diff imo.

- A lot more should have dropped out already from collateral damage, but no....

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:23 AM

Yeah it makes me wonder how big is the arena really when some fighters have been able to stick around without even transforming into their fighting form. Also I find it pretty hard to believe that Android 17 was the only one to fire a blast at the girls who were transforming. It's a fight about the fate of the universes and everyone is just letting them go full power? I get it for characters like Goku and Vegeta, but would someone like Frieza really just stand in the sidelines?

And yeah the constant commentary in this episode was pretty bad. We don't need everything that's happening spelled out for us, we're not that dumb. Also they repeated the same hand animation of the God of Destruction from universe 2 so many times that it just got annoying. The fighting was alright when it actually happened, but I wish they just stopped interrupting it constantly.
  • Iroquois likes this

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:46 AM Edited by Iroquois, 08 August 2017 - 11:37 AM.

Exactly!! Nail on the head.i agree 110% with what you wrote. You took the words out of my mouth

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:23 AM

I agree that Universe 2 can go suck balls. The moment I saw them introduced, I know this part is going to be lame as f*ck. It was like I was watching some random kids anime and Dragon Ball is the only anime I like.

I hope we'll get to the main meat of this saga soon. Please don't screw this up. Jiren, Frieza and Frost, Caulifa and Kale Goku, Gohan and Vegeta are those who I look the most foward to. I bet the next few episodes will get rid of all the weaklings and side characters so the action can actually start.

Where the f*ck is Vegeta and Gohan anyways? Give them something real to fight already!!!
  • Iroquois likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:33 AM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 13 August 2017 - 08:58 PM.

Based on the preview, the next episode is gonna be about Gohan.

Edit: Just felt like dropping this here:

God I wish Super looked this good. In general the kinda rough look of the old hand-drawn animation has a certain charm to it, kinda wish they made some new anime that looked like that.
  • fashion likes this

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:35 AM

Yesterdays episode redeemed last week's episode. More fighting, less talking.

• fashion likes this

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:06 AM

So, in the next episode
Spoiler

Still having my hopes up for a brand new transformation such as
Spoiler

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:35 PM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 15 August 2017 - 12:40 PM.

Isn't super saiyan blue just supposed to be a combination of Super Saiyan God and a regular Super Saiyan? I don't see why Goku couldn't just go Super Saiyan 3 Super Saiyan God or some sh*t. Tbh I feel like he should need something like that against Jiren considering how easily he knocked out Kale or what's her name.. the one who looks like Broly.
  • Iroquois likes this

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:22 AM

My theory is that Goku returns to this form because he's actually constantly getting stronger in that form. I could almost swear it was mentioned somewhere before.

They better show a brand new transformation soon though.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:14 PM

The new episode was pretty good. Hit is pretty badass so it was enjoyable to see him fight and some of the strategies were interesting. One negative thing this episode did make me realize tho that once again they're giving way too much screen time for Goku. There are so many characters in the tournament I'd love to see fight instead.
  • fashion likes this

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:04 AM Edited by fashion, 22 August 2017 - 06:12 AM.

That SSG Red preview from last week though - it was a total trap. This form had 10 seconds of screen time and I don't understand why they even bothered returning to it in the first place.

Speaking of transformations, apparently the new form was leaked or shown in a magazibe or something. Could be true, could be fake but I wish it was true.

https://www.google.n...er-saiyan-form/
In casee link doesn't work:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wak7anXaxI

Spoiler

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:01 PM

Kind of a neat little video that just shows how Tien is neglected and also just in general highlights some of the nonsensical fan-service in DB Super:

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:01 PM

So episode's 107 tomorrow. Be prepared for a double episode 109-110 on october 8th, sh*t will finally go down! I'm hyped like a little kid.

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:49 AM

So episode's 107 tomorrow. Be prepared for a double episode 109-110 on october 8th, sh*t will finally go down! I'm hyped like a little kid.

Pretty sure there is no episode today man.

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

Pretty sure there is no episode today man.
Yeah, thought there would be one.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:07 PM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 24 September 2017 - 01:15 PM.

So I can't help, but to rant about this show again. Anyone else kinda hate how the characters are constantly not fighting seriously? Like Gohan in the most recent episode getting his ass kicked by the Yardrat when he probably could have eliminated him pretty quickly if he wanted to like Frieza did. Frieza actually seemed like the voice of reason there.

And Goku for whatever reason is fighting that fat lady in his base form. I get that Goku doesn't wanna waste his stamina by going blue, but he could at least go SSJ1(which in the Cell saga he managed to actually master so that he shouldn't lose any stamina). It just seems like such a waste of time to fight like that if you're clearly not winning. Of course I get that it's in Goku's nature to kinda just enjoy the fight itself, but I think it makes the fight boring to watch and it's stupid how the narrator in the end says "Can Goku win?" when he's clearly not fighting even close to his full power. It's just trying to create some fake tension. It's the kind of question you should ask if Goku was fighting in SSJ Blue and still wasn't winning.

I liked how Frieza betrayed Frost in this episode tho. That whole fight with Gohan seemed a bit unnecessary just for blasting Frost off the stage, but still I think Frieza himself was pretty badass once again in this episode and he's probably my favorite character in this whole arc.

• Iroquois likes this

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:43 PM Edited by fashion, 24 September 2017 - 03:46 PM.

I have to agree with you. They should have skipped the goku glimpses alltogether. They were short and still a waste of seconds lol. Even if he went SSB against her, it wouldn't matter at all for this episode.

Even though the episode had a few flaws I still loved it due to Frieza's badassery. I didn't see his betrayal against Frost coming and especially didn't expect him to go out like that. Same goes for Frieza's fight against Gohan, it simply was full of surprises. Might have been a bit unnecessary in the end, but it was surprising.

I hope they can keep this up. Overall, it was a strong and more memorable episode of this saga. I'm hyped for next week.

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:47 PM Edited by fashion, 08 October 2017 - 01:06 PM.

Seems nobody posted the last few days but I must share my thoughts on the double episode. Hopefully it leads to some discussion. Hope you don't mind, moderators.

--

The hype paid off, the two episodes were phenomenal. Without a doubt, this was the best DB Super has to offer so far. It literally gave me chills to see the ups and downs in the fight agains Jiren. It was an outstanding fight, very fluidly animated and powerful.

For once I thought the reactions of the gods and commentaries weren't as annoying as usual. Finally they weren't stating the obvious all the time. Commentaries worked fine in this episode.

Only downside was the beginning with that f*cking Bribraine or whatever the f*ck her name was. They showed her stupid intro for the 20th time. For the love of god, please get rid of her and universe 2 already. She's the most annoying character dragon ball has ever seen.

Spoiler

Speaking of which..

Spoiler

Makes me fall in love with Dragon Ball again. Gonna reinstall Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 now. Don't give me that look :p

Literally gave me chills. DB super made my day today.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:05 PM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 08 October 2017 - 02:37 PM.

Yeah I agree, the 2 new episodes were actually pretty intense. It's clear that they put a bit more effort into them than usual. Also agree about Ribrianne, really sick of her and her hype man God of destruction. Hopefully Vegeta or someone kicks her off the stage pretty soon.

Spoiler

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:15 AM Edited by fashion, 09 October 2017 - 06:19 AM.

DB Super as a whole makes a bit more sense now.

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users