Dragon Ball Super

114 replies to this topic
Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:48 PM

Yeah as far as I know, the anime is more canon than the manga. That's why I don't really even bother to read the manga.

Btw anyone else think the look of the digital animation in this show is hella boring? I think I would enjoy the fight scenes more if they went with the old school hand-drawn animation. Even the new movies just look too crisp and clean to me, there's no sense of grit to it. They also don't have any blood in the new DB so it feels a lot more like a kids' cartoon than the old DBZ and DB.

It's still hand drawn, it's just digitized after its drawn (which makes things more easier). Problem isn't even the animation, the problem is the choreography. Just look at how beautiful one punch man is

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:33 PM Edited by Nutsack McQueen, 04 April 2016 - 06:37 PM.

I could personally forgive some of the wonkyness(poorly drawn faces etc.) and the coreography in DB super if it had the old look to it. A lot of modern animation just lacks that certain charm the old stuff had. I do agree though that One punch man looks really good(I think it's actually a bit more stylized than DB) and I'm not really saying that the new DB movies look bad either(I actually thought some of the fight scenes in Fukkatsu No F were pretty fun). I just personally prefer the old style of animation.

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:31 AM

Now this is interesting.

• fefenc likes this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 April 2016 - 03:04 AM

Today was one of the best episodes ever imo.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:20 AM

Dear god wtf was that penis joke in the latest episode. I swear the humor in the BOG saga was actually good.

• HeavyDuke likes this

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:41 AM

Dear god wtf was that penis joke in the latest episode. I swear the humor in the BOG saga was actually good.

Uh, may be late, but that's classic dragon ball humour

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:40 PM

Evil Goku Incoming.

Dragon-ball-Super-Mirai-Trunks-revient.j

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:44 PM Edited by Journey_95, 02 June 2016 - 04:44 PM.

This show sucks and has none of the old school DBZ magic. Or maybe I just grew out of it, couldn't watch 5 eps before I dropped it.

• Iroquois likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:42 PM Edited by Nutsack McQueen, 02 June 2016 - 05:45 PM.

I actually enjoyed the beginning of the series to some degree, but I hated the Frieza saga and most of the stuff after that has just been really boring for me. Also I was under the impression that all of DB Super is canon, but the story in the last few episodes feels like a bunch of filler. The Goo Vegeta just feels like Majin Vegeta 2.0. It's lazy and I hope Toriyama wasn't writing that.

Evil Goku Incoming.

Dragon-ball-Super-Mirai-Trunks-revient.j

That artwork is kinda cool and the Future Trunks world has some potential for interesting stories, but I don't like how they keep inserting Goku into every storyline. He just doesn't need to be there and he's not really that interesting anymore.

Also.. "BLACK GOKU"...

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:22 PM Edited by HeavyDuke, 02 June 2016 - 06:22 PM.

I actually enjoyed the beginning of the series to some degree, but I hated the Frieza saga and most of the stuff after that has just been really boring for me. Also I was under the impression that all of DB Super is canon, but the story in the last few episodes feels like a bunch of filler. The Goo Vegeta just feels like Majin Vegeta 2.0. It's lazy and I hope Toriyama wasn't writing that.

Evil Goku Incoming.

That artwork is kinda cool and the Future Trunks world has some potential for interesting stories, but I don't like how they keep inserting Goku into every storyline. He just doesn't need to be there and he's not really that interesting anymore.

Also.. "BLACK GOKU"...

Black as in Evil. Also Dragon Ball always has been about Goku.

This show sucks and has none of the old school DBZ magic. Or maybe I just grew out of it, couldn't watch 5 eps before I dropped it.

If you only watched 5 episodes and judge it off as sucking, then you simply aren't a Dragon Ball fan. Also Hit Vs Goku was one of the most intense battles in the history of Dragon Ball.

• Crossed likes this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:33 AM

New Future Trunks arc looks amazing so far. Great animation and Evil/Black Goku... damnnn. This is some dark sh*t going on. 

• Crossed likes this

Crossed
  • Crossed

A man in motion feels no emotion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:01 AM

I cant wait to know wtf is going on. I think trunks' different hair. means champas universe. But who knows, defintely hookedon dbs as hard as when i watched dbandbz as a kid,

• HeavyDuke likes this

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:12 PM

I cant wait to know wtf is going on. I think trunks' different hair. means champas universe. But who knows, defintely hookedon dbs as hard as when i watched dbandbz as a kid,

No it's literally the same Trunks from the Cell saga that we know and love.

And I finally caught up, all I can say is holy...*****

• Crossed likes this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:06 PM

Just a few days before Goku VS Goku Black. Can't wait.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:36 PM

Evil Goku Incoming.

Also.. "BLACK GOKU"...

Black as in Evil. Also Dragon Ball always has been about Goku.

If you only watched 5 episodes and judge it off as sucking, then you simply aren't a Dragon Ball fan. Also Hit Vs Goku was one of the most intense battles in the history of Dragon Ball.

I loved DBZ (may be just nostalgia talking) but this was just lacking. I just don't think there was any need to bring back Dragonball.

There are no stakes here, the emotional component is lacking, everything seems to be a joke etc.

I did watch a few more eps still not for me.

• Richard Power Colt likes this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:18 PM

^

Good for you then. Sounds like you didn't watch a single episode of the last tournament saga or the new Future Trunks saga. If anything, this is now more serious then ever before.

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:15 PM Edited by HeavyDuke, 15 October 2016 - 11:53 AM.

Trunks his new transformation really is epic.

DBZPlaywebgame
  • DBZPlaywebgame

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:45 AM

Play the newest Dragon Ball game here: http://db.playwebgame.com

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:52 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...-on-english-dub

It's HAPPENING!!

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:34 AM

He finally appeared, it's been so long, but he has returned

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2016 - 04:40 AM

Wait, who?

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2016 - 12:28 PM

Wait, who?

I'll just leave this here

https://youtu.be/aRlmiP0udO4

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:45 PM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 06 November 2016 - 07:47 PM.

Holy sh*t. I mean HOLY sh*t. I didn't think he'd ever make another appearance in the series again. This is f*cking incredible, Vegito is my favorite character in the entire franchise and they're actually bringing him back. I mean f*cking BASE FORM Vegito gave Gohan-Buu a run for his money, and now we've got SSB Vegito? Talk about overkill! Zamasu is f*cked!

The only depressing part is that it's obviously going to be temporary comeback. They'll probably just have Good Buu absorb Vegito to dissolve the fusion.... :(

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2016 - 01:15 AM

Or use the dragon balls to cancel it since that worked out for Supreme Kai and Kibito as well. Vegito was a pretty fun character so I'm glad that that he'll be back. I still think this series ain't all that great tho.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:50 AM

So uh... yeah, this new revelation about the Potara earrings being a temporary tool instead of a permanent bond, which has been established in series lore for 20 years now, is complete bullsh*t. They could have had SO much f*cking fun with Vegito getting to meet his wives, his children and of course Beerus, but NOPE, let's just f*cking give him 5 minutes of screen time, and let f*cking Trunks kill Zamasu with a cheesy knock-off of the spirit bomb.

I'm f*cking triggered man, this is bullsh*t.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:04 PM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 16 November 2016 - 02:04 PM.

Yeah I feel like they wanted to bring in Vegito for some fan-service, but Trunks had to be the hero so they came up with some arbitrary way of not keeping the fusion permanent. It kinda makes the Potara less special and ultimately not that different from the fusion dance.

Then again Vegito is kind of a "cheese strategy" and it just would have not been very impactful I guess if he defeated Zamasu. But I don't think they should have had Trunks fight alongside Goku and Vegeta to begin with. There should obviously be a huge power gap between them and it's hard to believe that Trunks would be useful against opponents that Goku and Vegeta are having trouble dealing with. I know he technically used some sort of spirit sword to kill Zamasu in the end, but we saw him get a huge power boost into his own power as well in the previous episodes that iirc did allow him to stand up against even Black for a while. With sh*t like this as well as the whole "Frieza trained for 4 months" thing it just feels like they're pulling things out of their ass constantly and nothing really matters.
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive likes this

Biira99
  • Biira99

Queen bee

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:21 PM

I liked this saga. I feel it was the best one since original DBZ. However, don't you think Zamasu

Spoiler

Vegito definitely deserved at least one full episode. His fight felt a bit too rushed. I'm looking forward to whatever happens next. I assume we may expect multiverse tournament soon? :)

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:41 PM Edited by fashion, 16 July 2017 - 01:44 PM.

A 9 month bump. Are all DB fans pregnant or what?
I really love the current DBS saga, the multiverse tournament. Finally Gohan got the light he deserves in this show. Seeing him not able to go SS almost made me quit watching.
These last episodes are f*cking strong and a joy to watch. For anyone who hasn't watched in a while: it's definetly worth it once you get to the tournament saga. It's crazy.

Spoiler

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

FN

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:03 PM

Yeah, I'm glad the tournament finally started. The episodes leading up to it were good also, especially when old characters were being reintroduced.

Spoiler

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:03 PM

I agree regarding the episodes leading to the tournament, they were great too. But there were some serious power scaling issues, Goku barely managing against Krillin and the andorids in his blue form.

I really enjoyed episode 98, the previous episode where
Spoiler

It's pretty much obvious who will win the tournament, knowing dragon ball. But I think there more to it than the tournament plot and the angels will play a huge role in it. I haven't been this hyped about DB ever since I was a kid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users