Photo

Dragon Ball Super

91 replies to this topic
fefenc
  • fefenc

All are equal no discrimination, Son of a Gun, a simple equation

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:28 PM Edited by fefenc, 06 January 2016 - 05:40 PM.

Goku should step back, right now DBS seems to be pure fanservice since Toriyama is playing at the safezone (Goku time just like DBGT). For real, the plotholes, terrible animations, Beerus retcon and Gohan are killing the series for me at the point of refusing myself on considering DBS canon.

Well, I trully hope that those inconsistencies dies together with Frieza, but considering the actual Super direction, then it's more than obvious that the Beerus' team will win the tournament of the next arc...

What plot holes are there? And beerus retcon?

Frieza getting as strong as Goku SSJ God within only 4 months only by spanking Tagoma and Tagoma becoming as strong as a imperfect Cell only by serving as a punchbag for 4 months... if we consider this, then both would be stronger than Whis if they trained that way ever since Frieza destroyed the planet Vegeta; Gohan's weakness by itself is another plothole;

Well, the annoying retcons, Beerus is behind the planet Vegeta destruction, he is also behind the imprisonment of the Elder Kaiyo in the Z sword, which has another plothole:

dragon-ball-1952443.jpg

It's like AT is desperately trying to introduce beerus as a long time DBZ character, but seems like he need to rewatch his own series.

News flash: Beerus is the responsible for the zombie apocalypse in The Walking Dead!1!!
That's not a plot hole
A plot hole is something that's left unanswered and unexplained, these are the exact opposite of it.
A) there's something called a limit, both freeza and tagoma hit their limit after they drew out every last drop of latent power they had. Toriyama even went on to say that basically no matter WHAT freeza does, he'll always be below beerus
B) Gohan's weakness isn't a plot hole, it's explained. He can access his mystic power, but because of not training, his body can't handle all of it, so he has to access it through ssj.
C) beerus wasn't behind planet vegeta's destruction, as freeza makes it clear that he's destroying it for himself in DB minus. All that's known (IIRC) is that he was in favor of it.
D) it's annoying, but it's not a plot hole. Elder Kai was sealed 75 million years before the beginning of the series, beerus most likely wouldn't be as powerful as he is now (which he's been for at least 900 years)
TLDR; all of those aren't plot holes, as they have an explanation to it, the beerus retcons were a bit annoying though

These are plot holes:

A) There is no reasonable logic behind Frieza and Tagoma (mainly Frieza) getting so strong in a short amount of time but pure fanservice. If he were becoming as strong as Gohan and only both fighting in the final match without Goku's time, then the arc would make more sense, but this isn't the case here.

B) Gohan slacked much more in the timespan from the Cell games to Buu saga and he haven't got Klebitz'd for this, then he slack for something like 5 years and he suddenly turns itself into a saiyajin version of Yamcha.

C) Beerus told Frieza to destroy the planet Vegeta, it's retconed in Super. So all that awesome fear of the legendary super saiyajin went to the trash bin.

D) Makes some sense, but let's hope that they don't try to retcon Beerus in the Buu's hibernation too since he is also retconed for being the "meteor" that killed most of the dinnosaurs on the earth. Perhaps he's Kal'el's daddy too.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:54 PM

I watched the first season. I don't think I like this enough to make me want to see the rest of it. I would place this show somewhere between Dragon Ball Z and GT.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:56 PM

Goku should step back, right now DBS seems to be pure fanservice since Toriyama is playing at the safezone (Goku time just like DBGT). For real, the plotholes, terrible animations, Beerus retcon and Gohan are killing the series for me at the point of refusing myself on considering DBS canon.

Well, I trully hope that those inconsistencies dies together with Frieza, but considering the actual Super direction, then it's more than obvious that the Beerus' team will win the tournament of the next arc...

What plot holes are there? And beerus retcon?

Frieza getting as strong as Goku SSJ God within only 4 months only by spanking Tagoma and Tagoma becoming as strong as a imperfect Cell only by serving as a punchbag for 4 months... if we consider this, then both would be stronger than Whis if they trained that way ever since Frieza destroyed the planet Vegeta; Gohan's weakness by itself is another plothole;

Well, the annoying retcons, Beerus is behind the planet Vegeta destruction, he is also behind the imprisonment of the Elder Kaiyo in the Z sword, which has another plothole:

dragon-ball-1952443.jpg

It's like AT is desperately trying to introduce beerus as a long time DBZ character, but seems like he need to rewatch his own series.

News flash: Beerus is the responsible for the zombie apocalypse in The Walking Dead!1!!
That's not a plot hole
A plot hole is something that's left unanswered and unexplained, these are the exact opposite of it.
A) there's something called a limit, both freeza and tagoma hit their limit after they drew out every last drop of latent power they had. Toriyama even went on to say that basically no matter WHAT freeza does, he'll always be below beerus
B) Gohan's weakness isn't a plot hole, it's explained. He can access his mystic power, but because of not training, his body can't handle all of it, so he has to access it through ssj.
C) beerus wasn't behind planet vegeta's destruction, as freeza makes it clear that he's destroying it for himself in DB minus. All that's known (IIRC) is that he was in favor of it.
D) it's annoying, but it's not a plot hole. Elder Kai was sealed 75 million years before the beginning of the series, beerus most likely wouldn't be as powerful as he is now (which he's been for at least 900 years)
TLDR; all of those aren't plot holes, as they have an explanation to it, the beerus retcons were a bit annoying though

These are plot holes:

A) There is no reasonable logic behind Frieza and Tagoma (mainly Frieza) getting so strong in a short amount of time but pure fanservice. If he were becoming as strong as Gohan and only both fighting in the final match without Goku's time, then the arc would make more sense, but this isn't the case here.
B) Gohan slacked much more in the timespan from the Cell games to Buu saga and he haven't got Klebitz'd for this, then he slack for something like 5 years and he suddenly turns itself into a saiyajin version of Yamcha.
C) Beerus told Frieza to destroy the planet Vegeta, it's retconed in Super. So all that awesome fear of the legendary super saiyajin went to the trash bin.
D) Makes some sense, but let's hope that they don't try to retcon Beerus in the Buu's hibernation too since he is also retconed for being the "meteor" that killed most of the dinnosaurs on the earth. Perhaps he's Kal'el's daddy too.
Again, no they're not, a plot hole in and of itself contradicts the story with no explanation whatsoever
These "plot holes" all have explanations to them
A) Reasonable logic? The answer is the same as every other reason a character has gotten unreasonably strong in dragon ball, which is literally, "they trained".
B) ? This is literally explained, his body can't handle mystic power for that long because of how out of shape his body is. As a result, he has to go ssj to access it for a brief period of time.
C) Again, freeza makes it pretty clear in DB Minus (which is canon) that he's not doing it because beerus told him to, he has his own reason for destroying the saiyan race, which is still his fear of the legend
Overall, bad writing/writing you don't agree with =/= plotholes

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:11 AM

I watched the first season. I don't think I like this enough to make me want to see the rest of it. I would place this show somewhere between Dragon Ball Z and GT.

I wouldn't recommend judging it based on the first or second season honestly since it's reused content (with minor changes). You should give it another try later on when they start adding newer things, such as they're doing in the manga right now.

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:28 PM

So manga chapter 8 is now online

https://dragonballsu...per-chapitre-8/

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:57 AM

For those keeping up with the anime, the latest episode pretty much is hinting that Gohan will finally step his game up, I was expecting Toei to really milk the hell out of the Vegeta and Frieza fight but it was only about 4 minutes (of badassery may I add).

Also loved the little reference to Future Trunks made by the younger Trunks near the end of the episode, and the fact that everyone reacted to it.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:41 AM

Not that I'm complaining, but you'd certainly have your work cut out for you attempting to convince me that Super isn't drawing inspiration from DBM. It's not necessarily a bad mark against the manga, but it's unlikely that Dragon Ball Super came up with the whole multiverse tournament concept independently of one of the most popular and successful fan comics on the internet. I honestly don't know what to expect in terms of fight intensity, but in Toriyama I trust. However, I'll f*cking lose my sh*t if Toei shuts down DBM in an attempt to draw more attention to Super.

• Johan likes this

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:14 PM

Not that I'm complaining, but you'd certainly have your work cut out for you attempting to convince me that Super isn't drawing inspiration from DBM. It's not necessarily a bad mark against the manga, but it's unlikely that Dragon Ball Super came up with the whole multiverse tournament concept independently of one of the most popular and successful fan comics on the internet. I honestly don't know what to expect in terms of fight intensity, but in Toriyama I trust. However, I'll f*cking lose my sh*t if Toei shuts down DBM in an attempt to draw more attention to Super.
I honestly doubt they'd care about a fan comic of all things. Besides, not like they're making money off of it, so no reason to shut them down

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:47 PM

Shutting down a fan-fiction would be a pretty dick move that would probably just cause a negative backlash to their company and I'm not sure if they can even do something like that legally.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:15 AM

Shutting down a fan-fiction would be a pretty dick move that would probably just cause a negative backlash to their company and I'm not sure if they can even do something like that legally.

Yeah, that's why I made sure to say unless they're making money off it.
This comes to mind
"The following is a non profit fan based parody"
  • yungsmokex likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

I feel like the series immediately got better once the Frieza saga ended. I just like the humor and seeing the characters interact with each other. Champa and Vados aren't just copies of Whis and Beerus as far as their personality goes which is nice. Also I like how they reminded us in the end of the latest episode that Beerus is still a scary dude. It would actually be interesting to see him become more of a villain again for a brief moment at least now that we've grown to see him as more of a friend around the Z fighters.

• HeavyDuke likes this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:11 PM

^

Indeed. Can't wait for the upcoming fights. Goku vs Botamo, and then Piccolo VS Frost. 

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:55 AM Edited by Nutsack McQueen, 15 February 2016 - 02:01 AM.

I really hope they put more effort into making the tournament fights interesting than what they did with the previous fights in the series. The whole saga would suck if they screwed them up.

Jesus christ the fansub on episode 31 is awful. Makes it nearly unwatchable. This episode is filled with even more jokes than usual and the sub just ruins most of it.

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:47 PM

^

where do you watch it?

I always go here:

http://gogoanime.io/...uper-episode-31

Subs are fine imo.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:51 PM Edited by Nutsack McQueen, 15 February 2016 - 06:52 PM.

That's where I watched it.
Goku: "Your wife if it is to have."
Vegeta: "Well,...yes. it does not bother me."
Goku: "If you say that! I would also like ChiChi!"
Vegeta: "those who have Saiyan blood women only have strong character."

The subs have been pretty good on the site before tho. Someone else did it this time.
  • HeavyDuke likes this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

Heads up people, Chapter 9 is out.

https://dragonballsu...r-chapitre-9-2/

Sweet.

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:19 AM

Lolled today.

original.jpg?w=600&h

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:37 AM

Vegeta and Goku with a beard is something I didn't quite expect to see.

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:57 AM

New episode was weird as f*ck. I mean wtf happend? complete mindf*ck. Even frost himself seemed shocked by what happend.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:47 AM Edited by Nutsack McQueen, 29 February 2016 - 03:47 AM.

Wasn't a huge fan of the new episode. The poor animation really shows in the fight scenes. And that whole Frost storyline about why he needed to win felt like a cliche. But I can't wait to see Piccolo get into the action in the next episode.

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:55 AM

So Frost was a dirty cheater after all...

fefenc
  • fefenc

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:23 AM

So Frost was a dirty cheater after all...

Yup, and a space pirate, arguably one of the smartest villains in the series, not only for his business methood, but also for acknowledging the smart action of interrupting a 2 minutes long spellcasting.

Hit is a Hitman, hit-man, urrgh :\

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:11 AM

Anyone else thought the last episode was a little better animated than usual?

• HeavyDuke likes this

fefenc
  • fefenc

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 26 March 2016 - 10:43 PM

Anyone else thought the last episode was a little better animated than usual?

I think that the 1 week break helped the animators and supervisors on tweaking the animations.

People at toei gave an interview and they stated that the animators are "newbies" and the supervisors aren't having enough time to tweak the animation. Anyway, the new espisode starts within less than 2 hours ;)

• HeavyDuke likes this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:00 AM Edited by HeavyDuke, 27 March 2016 - 03:41 PM.

Watched episode 36, just a few minutes ago. Awesome stuff right there. Pretty hyped after seeing the preview for next episode as well.

fefenc
  • fefenc

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:58 AM Edited by fefenc, 27 March 2016 - 05:01 AM.

Fk u Vegeta!

jVPH24q.png

• HeavyDuke likes this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 27 March 2016 - 03:34 PM Edited by HeavyDuke, 27 March 2016 - 04:51 PM.

That final flash was damn awesome. Magetta took it all like a man. Smoosh

Its pretty sad though he lost because Vegeta insulted him. 

Biira99
  • Biira99

Queen bee

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2016 - 01:47 PM Edited by Biira99, 28 March 2016 - 01:48 PM.

The non-filler episodes are really fun. I guess the filler episodes exist only to catch up with the manga. DBGT didn't have filler episodes because there was no manga being released along with it.

To me, this story (filler excluded) is much better than whatever GT was.

I really liked Frost and can't wait for that purple guy (Hit?) to show his skills.

Turan
  • Turan

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:04 PM

Dragonball Super is not based on the manga. In fact, it has long surpassed the manga. They are their own thing.
  • Richard Power Colt and HeavyDuke like this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:30 PM Edited by Nutsack McQueen, 04 April 2016 - 03:18 PM.

Yeah as far as I know, the anime is more canon than the manga. That's why I don't really even bother to read the manga.

Btw anyone else think the look of the digital animation in this show is hella boring? I think I would enjoy the fight scenes more if they went with the old school hand-drawn animation. Even the new movies just look too crisp and clean to me, there's no sense of grit to it. They also don't have any blood in the new DB so it feels a lot more like a kids' cartoon than the old DBZ and DB.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users