Photo

Dragon Ball Super

91 replies to this topic
fefenc
  • fefenc

All are equal no discrimination, Son of a Gun, a simple equation

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:54 AM Edited by fefenc, 13 December 2015 - 05:48 PM.

It would be nice to have a thread to discuss about DBS around here. Since no one created a thread for DBS yet, then here I come.

"Soooooooooooo, why the hell are you wasting your time watching this anime?! Just buy the 2 movies and move along!"

The answer is simple, it will continue with another saga after the ROF arc and DBS is adding much more details and changing a lot of stuff from the movies, making DBS a much more enjoyable anime to watch. For example:

Spoiler

Some good aspects of DBS: Fights scenes lasts longer than the movies, there are lots of space for jokes now, added more detail to the movies arcs, the violence level has been increased in the Frieza saga, a bit more detail to the Goku and Vegeta's training process; Goku is no longer the Nº1 on the earth, Vegeta is either at his same power level or he already surpassed him.

Some bad aspects of DBS: Lack of blood in the TV series (it might get added on the DvD version just like how they fixed the ep.5 sh*tty animations); some episodes features weird drawings, but not so serious like the ep.5; nonsense power scale (Frieza's power level goes from weaker than Super Saiyajin 1 to as strong as a Super Saiyajin God within only 4 months by spanking Tagoma and Tagoma goes from a Fodder to the "Imperfect Cell"'s power level only by getting tortured); Gohan.

As a former Gohan fanboy, I hated what they did with the boy at DBS, he is crappier than DBGT Gohan after ~2 years without training at the point of his body only being able to maintain SSJ1 for some minutes and being unable to acess his mystic powers. Akira Toriyama comfirmed the next Gohan design after the Frieza saga...

Spoiler

Crossed
  • Crossed

A man in motion feels no emotion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:55 AM

Im a long time dbz an toriyama fan, This series started out a bit slow an odd but is getting better,  Gohan  though... *facepalm*. Im following it see where it goes.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:29 AM

They should have just left the series where it was. Super isn't as bad as GT (which, honestly I thought was okay) but it's not as enthralling as the original saga. I liked the design for Super Saiyan God mode, but then when Revival of F came out, Toriyama basically gave up and gave us a re-coloring of Super Saiyan 1 and a golden Frieza. I hate everything about Revival of F, sans the cameo appearance of Jaco.

What they should have done is pick up where the manga left off with Goku training Uub. Just imagine how awesome it would be to see the next generation go on a dragon ball quest like Bulma and Goku did in the very first chapters of the manga.

Now with the revelation of multiple universes being an upcoming element of the story, I can't help but feel like they're ripping off Dragon Ball Multiverse. If you want a fantastic, worthy sequel to Z, look no further than that. So many awesome scenarios and dream fights, a kickass art style that complements the source manga, it's just so f*cking good.

0810.png

• fefenc likes this

fefenc
  • fefenc

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:42 PM

6º universe arc spoiler

Spoiler

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:59 PM

What they should have done is pick up where the manga left off with Goku training Uub. Just imagine how awesome it would be to see the next generation go on a dragon ball quest like Bulma and Goku did in the very first chapters of the manga.

Really can't agree with that. Goku IS dragon ball IMO replacing him really wouldn't work. It's like replacing Peter Parker as spider man. It might do alright, but it wouldn't feel like true Spider-Man

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:13 AM Edited by Nutsack McQueen, 16 December 2015 - 03:22 AM.

I haven't seen Revival Of F, but I've watched everything in Super so far along with Battle Of Gods and frankly it seems unnecessary to remake the movies into the series. When they announced it, I was expecting them to further flesh out the story, but they don't really do anything new and interesting with it(except for some new jokes that were pretty funny, Toriyama still nails the comedy from time to time). Also I thought the series was alright up until the Revival of F saga. It just feels so forced and so many things don't make any sense. Why is Roshi fighting with the others when he's weak as sh*t? How could Frieza and Tagoma get that strong in just 4 months(even Piccolo should be way stronger than the original Frieza at this point)? Why are Trunks and Goten left in the back when SS3 Gotenks is probably stronger than everyone else(he's an idiot for sure, but he'd still be super useful to have around)? All of those points are about characters' strength and we know that power levels have never been consistent or reliable, but this is just ridiculous. I hope that they'll at least have Vegeta finish off Frieza this time so he'll get some sort of resolution.

Bringing back Frieza could have been the perfect opportunity to actually build some new story for the weaker side characters while Goku and Vegeta train at Beerus' place. They could have given him a power boost, but only so he'll be an equal or so match to Gohan who hasn't been training for a while.

Now with the revelation of multiple universes being an upcoming element of the story, I can't help but feel like they're ripping off Dragon Ball Multiverse. If you want a fantastic, worthy sequel to Z, look no further than that. So many awesome scenarios and dream fights, a kickass art style that complements the source manga, it's just so f*cking good.

0810.png

Oh yeah, DB multiverse is a surprisingly good fan-fic and I hate to say it, but I've enjoyed it more than DB super. It has plot, character development and interesting fights all of which DB super is pretty lacking in.

Edit: They really could have done a bit more with Ginyu's return and I hate the skinny character designs, the characters just look unfaithful to the original series. On a more positive note though, Whis and Beerus are actually fun characters and the Battle of Gods arc was refreshingly different in some ways.

• fefenc likes this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:47 AM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 16 December 2015 - 05:49 AM.

Really can't agree with that. Goku IS dragon ball IMO replacing him really wouldn't work. It's like replacing Peter Parker as spider man. It might do alright, but it wouldn't feel like true Spider-Man

I see what you mean, but I'm also kind of burned out from having Goku always be the hero. They say GT stands for "Goku Time" and it really isn't hard to see why. Plus, Goku was the lead fighter in the last two movies.

He could take on more of a mentor role with Uub in the same way Roshi did for him when he was younger. And if Goku isn't front and center, then plenty of the other great, oft-forgotten characters like Tien and Bulma could start having bigger roles in the story again.

Also I thought the series was alright up until the Revival of F saga. It just feels so forced and so many things don't make any sense. Why is Roshi fighting with the others when he's weak as sh*t? How could Frieza and Tagoma get that strong in just 4 months(even Piccolo should be way stronger than the original Frieza at this point)? Why are Trunks and Goten left in the back when SS3 Gotenks is probably stronger than everyone else(he's an idiot for sure, but he'd still be super useful to have around)?

Because fan service and the money it rakes in, and Toei Animation f*cking loves to make money. Unfortunately, the number of people who prefer the inane, mindless fighting of the series' later story arcs greatly outnumber the audience who enjoy the plot coherence, comedy and charm of the original Dragon Ball. You can tell that Toriyama has pretty much given up if he's missing all these glaring plot holes, and that's not taking into account the horendously-lazy designs for the new modes for Goku, Vegeta, and Frieza. Hell, he said himself that he wanted to stop writing the series after the Frieza arc, but Shonen Jump wasn't about to let him walk after all the money he was making them. Greed is the reason why we ended up with GT and now Super.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:28 AM Edited by Dbzk1999, 16 December 2015 - 10:59 AM.

I see what you mean, but I'm also kind of burned out from having Goku always be the hero. They say GT stands for "Goku Time" and it really isn't hard to see why. Plus, Goku was the lead fighter in the last two movies.

He could take on more of a mentor role with Uub in the same way Roshi did for him when he was younger. And if Goku isn't front and center, then plenty of the other great, oft-forgotten characters like Tien and Bulma could start having bigger roles in the story again.

Also I thought the series was alright up until the Revival of F saga. It just feels so forced and so many things don't make any sense. Why is Roshi fighting with the others when he's weak as sh*t? How could Frieza and Tagoma get that strong in just 4 months(even Piccolo should be way stronger than the original Frieza at this point)? Why are Trunks and Goten left in the back when SS3 Gotenks is probably stronger than everyone else(he's an idiot for sure, but he'd still be super useful to have around)?

Because fan service and the money it rakes in, and Toei Animation f*cking loves to make money. Unfortunately, the number of people who prefer the inane, mindless fighting of the series' later story arcs greatly outnumber the audience who enjoy the plot coherence, comedy and charm of the original Dragon Ball. You can tell that Toriyama has pretty much given up if he's missing all these glaring plot holes, and that's not taking into account the horendously-lazy designs for the new modes for Goku, Vegeta, and Frieza. Hell, he said himself that he wanted to stop writing the series after the Frieza arc, but Shonen Jump wasn't about to let him walk after all the money he was making them. Greed is the reason why we ended up with GT and now Super.
A) those aren't plot holes (considering all of those are actually explained)
B) he never said he wanted to end it after freeza, that comes from this stupid fake magazine
C) goku not being doesn't translate to the other characters getting more time to shine (especially considering how old they'd be now, it's why Toriyama-San doesn't want to go past the end of z)
D) can't really agree on DB multiverse, I personally find it to be garbage (especially the "specials" ugh) now if you. Want an amazing fanfic, then try dragon ball new age
http://malikstudios....w-Age-doujinshi

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:12 PM

Watched Fukkatsu No F just a while ago and I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Ultimately I don't think the TV series adds anything too interesting to the story, I think the movie actually had all the best bits in it without dragging things on so it was more enjoyable to watch. The fights were also better coreographed and obviously the higher budget animation helps as well. I wish they had started the series from after the end of Fukkatsu No F. I heard they were making a 3rd movie as well tho.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:08 AM

Two episodes in and I have to say it looks promising. I would argue that we haven't had a properly terrifying antagonist since Frieza (e.g. someone who is much more powerful than everyone else) and Beerus has taken this role to a new level.

fefenc
  • fefenc

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 04 January 2016 - 05:47 AM Edited by fefenc, 04 January 2016 - 06:07 AM.

I'm kinda disappointed with the Frieza arc, the animation of this arc is terrible at the point of people comparing it to fanmade animations.

The fights are nowhere as good and complete as in DBZ Frieza saga...

Well, Frieza doesn't looks menacing like he did in DBZ, that 3 hours long fight was the sh*t dude, both Goku and Frieza relied on the environment a lot to beat each other. Goku fighted by using everything he had and he even relied on a Genki Dama. A good example is Goku's strategy with 2 ki balls while underwater to fool Frieza (since he can't sense ki) and the blows seemed like they had a big impact in that fight...

The first super saiyajin transformation was an extra resource after the Genki Dama failed to kill Frieza and he killed Kuririn and almost killed Piccolo just after that. Everything made the transformation exciting.

DBS Frieza arc by the other hand, Goku uses "talk no jutsu" against Frieza for 1 episode, then Vegeta get pissed at him and Goku ends up transforming in Super Cyan with no background explanation of how he gained that form, he just paint his hair with cyan color and gain some power with no emotion or a background explanation of how he got that form for the first time. What they do next?! More "talk no jutsu" for half-episode, then both exchanges some cheap punches and a ki blast for another half-episode...

I think I'll rewatch Dragon Ball Super when they release the 6th univese arc because the animation, the plotholes and the fights in the current arc are subpar.. The Battle of Gods arc got upgraded from the movie and it was worthy to watch, but RoF arc is sh*t and Gohan is another sh*t.

Well, I dare to say that even Dragonball GT nailed the animations and the fights much better than Dragon Ball Super is doing with this arc.

EDIT: DBS Gohan is as nonsense as GTA V Johnny Klebitz, both went from badasses in the predecessor serie to worthless pussies in the actual serie with no decent justification for this decision at all.

• TheFoxRiverFugitive and Richard Power Colt like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:37 AM

^I agree with you on pretty much all of your points.

The reason why Frieza was such an effective and downright-terrifying villain in Z was because he was so much more powerful than any of the main characters and always had an ace up his sleeve. First, he transforms into his second form and utterly thrashes Gohan, Krillin and Vegeta. After Piccolo gives him a run for his money, BOOM, Frieza's got TWO more transformations he still hasn't used and his third form alone is enough to fry Piccolo. Then we finally get his final form, which at first glance is the least intimidating, but then he proceeds to massacre Vegeta and later Goku. Goku plays his best hand with a PLANET-SIZED GENKAI DAMA and Frieza still survives and effortlessly takes out Krillin and Piccolo. Once he gets his long-deserved beatdown from a Super Saiyan Goku, Frieza attempts to blow up Namek and then reminds him of the fact that he's only using half of his full strength. After maxing out, he then nearly matches Goku blow for blow and comes close to killing him a few times.

This whole revival of Frieza arc is nowhere as intense, unique or entertaining as the original Frieza saga in Z. For one, Goku has a form that is pretty much on-par with Frieza's new "transformation" (re-coloring is more like it), and so as a viewer I'm not the least bit frightened that Frieza can do serious damage to him. I also agree with you about how they completely neutered Gohan. Before Super, he was undoubtedly the single most powerful fighter in the series (not counting Vegito and Buu's absorbed forms) and now he can barely manage a mere level-1 Super Saiyan transformation. Ludicrous.

• ΣΓ and fefenc like this

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:41 AM

Both Battle of Gods and Revival of 'F' were sh*t movies on a similar level to Bio Broly - is Super any improvement over them or am I just going to loathe Akira Toriyama even more for not calling it quits and staying done with Dragonball? 

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:02 PM

Both Battle of Gods and Revival of 'F' were sh*t movies on a similar level to Bio Broly - is Super any improvement over them or am I just going to loathe Akira Toriyama even more for not calling it quits and staying done with Dragonball? 

Well if you didn't enjoy those movies then you'll probably like the show even less. I don't think it really fleshes out the story of those movies in any interesting way and it occasionally suffers from some really awful animation. I hope the new story arcs will be interesting though.

• ΣΓ and fefenc like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:16 PM

I agree with your opinion on Revival of F, but I'm curious as to why you felt Battle of Gods was so bad.

• fefenc likes this

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:14 PM Edited by Dbzk1999, 05 January 2016 - 11:14 PM.

I agree with your opinion on Revival of F, but I'm curious as to why you felt Battle of Gods was so bad.
Can't really agree with revival of f
As much as I loathed it for its story, it's still better than most of the other rehash movies. I guess I'll give it credit character interaction wise.
My thoughts on super right now
The only thing I'll give it credit for, is actually developing characters more than the movie did

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:11 AM

^I agree with you on pretty much all of your points.

The reason why Frieza was such an effective and downright-terrifying villain in Z was because he was so much more powerful than any of the main characters and always had an ace up his sleeve. First, he transforms into his second form and utterly thrashes Gohan, Krillin and Vegeta. After Piccolo gives him a run for his money, BOOM, Frieza's got TWO more transformations he still hasn't used and his third form alone is enough to fry Piccolo. Then we finally get his final form, which at first glance is the least intimidating, but then he proceeds to massacre Vegeta and later Goku. Goku plays his best hand with a PLANET-SIZED GENKAI DAMA and Frieza still survives and effortlessly takes out Krillin and Piccolo. Once he gets his long-deserved beatdown from a Super Saiyan Goku, Frieza attempts to blow up Namek and then reminds him of the fact that he's only using half of his full strength. After maxing out, he then nearly matches Goku blow for blow and comes close to killing him a few times.

This whole revival of Frieza arc is nowhere as intense, unique or entertaining as the original Frieza saga in Z. For one, Goku has a form that is pretty much on-par with Frieza's new "transformation" (re-coloring is more like it), and so as a viewer I'm not the least bit frightened that Frieza can do serious damage to him. I also agree with you about how they completely neutered Gohan. Before Super, he was undoubtedly the single most powerful fighter in the series (not counting Vegito and Buu's absorbed forms) and now he can barely manage a mere level-1 Super Saiyan transformation. Ludicrous.

It could have made for an interesting story if Gohan was the one to fight and defeat Frieza while Vegeta and Goku are training at Beerus' place. I also think the series should give the non-saiyan fighters some more time to shine. The tournament scenario in the original Dragon Ball was always great, because it really highlighted every character and their abilities. Oh and I have to mention that pretty much all of the matches in those tournaments were more interesting to watch than the fights in DB super. They always had a lot of creative coreography and unique techniques(like when Tien grew 2 extra arms and Yamcha surprised Kami with the spirit ball). They really could have come up with some cool moves that come with the powers of a God, but nope it's just the same old blasts and punches.

• TheFoxRiverFugitive and fefenc like this

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:10 AM

^please, no more Gohan, he hasn't been relevant in the last 2 decades and it's not going to change. Besides, that's already been done in Movie 12, It's time for new characters (along with piccolo and Buu) to actually shine.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:22 AM

^please, no more Gohan, he hasn't been relevant in the last 2 decades and it's not going to change. Besides, that's already been done in Movie 12, It's time for new characters (along with piccolo and Buu) to actually shine.

Well sure they've already kinda done the whole reluctant hero thing or whatever with Gohan before, but I just want a change of pace from the constant Goku and Vegeta time. Although it would have been kinda cool to see Vegeta fight Frieza the whole time since they have a past together so it would have been really personal. Actually I wouldn't mind more of Vegeta tbh, but I definitely think Goku should step back for once.

• fefenc likes this

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:35 AM Edited by Dbzk1999, 06 January 2016 - 03:36 AM.

Well sure they've already kinda done the whole reluctant hero thing or whatever with Gohan before, but I just want a change of pace from the constant Goku and Vegeta time. Although it would have been kinda cool to see Vegeta fight Frieza the whole time since they have a past together so it would have been really personal. Actually I wouldn't mind more of Vegeta tbh, but I definitely think Goku should step back for once.
But we've already had that change of pace (at least in super) with other characters getting the focus on said episodes (oolong, mr. Satan, kuririn, Gohan, soon to be piccolo and Buu, etc).
Don't see how much more time goku needs to step back, he's stayed out of the spotlight for the majority of each arc in dbz and for a good portion of super's arcs

fefenc
  • fefenc

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:49 AM Edited by fefenc, 06 January 2016 - 03:50 AM.

Goku should step back, right now DBS seems to be pure fanservice since Toriyama is playing at the safezone (Goku time just like DBGT). For real, the plotholes, terrible animations, Beerus retcon and Gohan are killing the series for me at the point of refusing myself on considering DBS canon.

Well, I trully hope that those inconsistencies dies together with Frieza, but considering the actual Super direction, then it's more than obvious that the Beerus' team will win the tournament of the next arc...

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:56 AM

Personally I enjoyed Revival of F a bit more, probably because everyone was actually involved in the battle and had more screentime in those battles than in BoG, the comedy was also enjoyable; even in the dub.

There are spoilers in this post so if you're not at least caught up to the 20s then I suggest you skip this post or just read the bottom -

I started watching Super since the day it first aired and was enjoying it for a while until they dragged on the Beerus fight a bit too long for my taste.. with each episode having Goku getting his ass kicked while screaming, getting a punch or two and then repeat for 20 minutes while everyone is spectating. 

When that arc ended, it was getting better.. the filler with scenes of Krillin and even Satan was entertaining; even marked out when they finally showed Champa and Frieza's group planning to revive him.

Nothing to say about Gohan at all except I have a feeling they're going to give this guy some major improvement later on, if not then that's a huge bummer (and probably won't happen for a while judging by the latest chapter in the manga). Great to see they didn't forget about Ginyu, despite him only being alive for a few episodes.

The animation is BALLS, at times it feels like some 12 year old actually drew some of the scenes, I despise the auras with a passion and the ki blasts (kamehameha for example). At times Goku looks like a stick, and then a scene later it's like he gained some major weight. The last episode I saw had a little quick scene of Frieza walking towards Goku and I couldn't help but feel sick afterwards, later on I found out on fan pages as well as Reddit that I wasn't the only one that caught that quick scene. Seriously WHAT IS THIS?

KJieSoE.png

Why!?!

• TheFoxRiverFugitive and fefenc like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:57 AM

I want to see an implementation of the fusion technique between Goku and Vegeta at some point. It would be even better if Gogeta actually finished off a major villain because it would be the first time a fusion character has a major victory in the series.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:15 AM Edited by Dbzk1999, 06 January 2016 - 04:15 AM.

Goku should step back, right now DBS seems to be pure fanservice since Toriyama is playing at the safezone (Goku time just like DBGT). For real, the plotholes, terrible animations, Beerus retcon and Gohan are killing the series for me at the point of refusing myself on considering DBS canon.

Well, I trully hope that those inconsistencies dies together with Frieza, but considering the actual Super direction, then it's more than obvious that the Beerus' team will win the tournament of the next arc...

What plot holes are there? And beerus retcon?

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:18 AM

But we've already had that change of pace (at least in super) with other characters getting the focus on said episodes (oolong, mr. Satan, kuririn, Gohan, soon to be piccolo and Buu, etc).
Don't see how much more time goku needs to step back, he's stayed out of the spotlight for the majority of each arc in dbz and for a good portion of super's arcs

Sure, but he's still the guy who always saves the day and engages in the major fights. With Frieza's revival, they could have had someone else come to the rescue, but instead they gave Frieza a ridiculous power boost and had him fight Goku again. I guess though with how things are going right now in the series, there's not a lot of chances for other characters to be the hero(except for Vegeta maybe). I haven't really read anything about what happens after the Frieza arc, but what I hope they'll do is actually go with the whole working together thing that was suggested in Revival Of F. In the end of the movie Goku and Vegeta said they didn't want to do it, but personally I think that would be an interesting character development.

• fefenc likes this

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:29 AM Edited by Dbzk1999, 06 January 2016 - 04:30 AM.

Sure, but he's still the guy who always saves the day and engages in the major fights. With Frieza's revival, they could have had someone else come to the rescue, but instead they gave Frieza a ridiculous power boost and had him fight Goku again. I guess though with how things are going right now in the series, there's not a lot of chances for other characters to be the hero(except for Vegeta maybe). I haven't really read anything about what happens after the Frieza arc.
A) that's not making it goku and vegeta time, he's the protagonist at the end of the day, (there's also to consider the first major fight of the arc was taGoma vs the z fighters, which Gohan ended up winning).Goku and vegeta time would be something like all the villains getting smoked by goku as soon as he arrives, then he annihilates freeza about as easily as he did in his dream sequence in the super manga.
B) you should read up on what's happening

fefenc
  • fefenc

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:21 AM Edited by fefenc, 06 January 2016 - 06:24 AM.

Frieza getting as strong as Goku SSJ God within only 4 months only by spanking Tagoma and Tagoma becoming as strong as a imperfect Cell only by serving as a punchbag for 4 months... if we consider this, then both would be stronger than Whis if they trained that way ever since Frieza destroyed the planet Vegeta; Gohan's weakness by itself is another plothole;

Well, the annoying retcons, Beerus is behind the planet Vegeta destruction, he is also behind the imprisonment of the Elder Kaiyo in the Z sword, which has another plothole:

dragon-ball-1952443.jpg

It's like AT is desperately trying to introduce beerus as a long time DBZ character, but seems like he need to rewatch his own series.

News flash: Beerus is the responsible for the zombie apocalypse in The Walking Dead!1!!

• ΣΓ likes this

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:14 AM Edited by •en, 06 January 2016 - 07:15 AM.

Number one issue with it: Super Saiyan God. Actually the lamest thing ever introduced in any Dragonball arc.

Number two issue: The whole pompous we're going to pretend GT didn't exist attitude. If you're going to do that, and I say this as someone who is 'meh' about GT, then you should be offering up something that is better. See above; I'd take SSJ4 over Super Saiyan God every single time.

Number three issue: I actually liked Beerus' design but the whole gods thing is just terribly executed.

Number four issue: Goku still main hero.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:11 AM

Frieza getting as strong as Goku SSJ God within only 4 months only by spanking Tagoma and Tagoma becoming as strong as a imperfect Cell only by serving as a punchbag for 4 months... if we consider this, then both would be stronger than Whis if they trained that way ever since Frieza destroyed the planet Vegeta; Gohan's weakness by itself is another plothole;

Well, the annoying retcons, Beerus is behind the planet Vegeta destruction, he is also behind the imprisonment of the Elder Kaiyo in the Z sword, which has another plothole:

dragon-ball-1952443.jpg

It's like AT is desperately trying to introduce beerus as a long time DBZ character, but seems like he need to rewatch his own series.

News flash: Beerus is the responsible for the zombie apocalypse in The Walking Dead!1!!
That's not a plot hole
A plot hole is something that's left unanswered and unexplained, these are the exact opposite of it.
A) there's something called a limit, both freeza and tagoma hit their limit after they drew out every last drop of latent power they had. Toriyama even went on to say that basically no matter WHAT freeza does, he'll always be below beerus
B) Gohan's weakness isn't a plot hole, it's explained. He can access his mystic power, but because of not training, his body can't handle all of it, so he has to access it through ssj.
C) beerus wasn't behind planet vegeta's destruction, as freeza makes it clear that he's destroying it for himself in DB minus. All that's known (IIRC) is that he was in favor of it.
D) it's annoying, but it's not a plot hole. Elder Kai was sealed 75 million years before the beginning of the series, beerus most likely wouldn't be as powerful as he is now (which he's been for at least 900 years)
TLDR; all of those aren't plot holes, as they have an explanation to it, the beerus retcons were a bit annoying though

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:59 PM

The SSG transformation looks kinda lame and overdone in DG Super (what is that yellow stuff? is the sky made of piss?). The one in Battle Of Gods was perfect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users