GCT's Workshop

SA WIP IV WIP
1,133 replies to this topic
CRAZY AL WARD
  • CRAZY AL WARD

Acadian Sicario

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by CRAZY AL WARD, 2 weeks ago.

I got 2 ideas, how about modifying the emperor to resemble more a mid 80s fleetwood/broughm instead of a late 70s deville, or modifying the feroci to make a late 90s version of the karin astrophe/dinka hakumai (Toyota Camry/Honda Accord)

I like the Emperor's look as it is, the only change I made was to add tinted glasses. Maybe someday I transform into a 1990 Caddy style, which is a lot of work. As for the Japanese sedans, I have the first-generation Chavos from the MP3, reminiscent of the 1990s Civic and Accord. Int the Feroci is improving to look like the '93 Lexus GS300 with two-tone bodywork, new rims and a new rear spoiler.

Any progress on the clean & beater cab versions of the Merit Classic, G.C.T.? Hyped for that car.

What about the Washington Classic, as well? I'm getting MM3 vibes thinking about it.

There will be no other versions of the Merit Classic, only the Premier will have variants of taxi and LCPD. The front and rear end is already done. Based on the 1987 - '90 models. First it will be transformed into a taxi.

Screenshot29922.jpg

Screenshot33251.jpg

In the final version, there will be no "classic" in badges.

Works on my Washington has been suspended at the moment, I have new improvements to this classic soon.

Happy new year to all. I took a few days off, but now I'm back.

Happy New Year GCT

How long until the "Declasse Premier Classic" Hits the GM(Generic Motors) Showroom? ;)

EDIT: Loaded .38 Special on Page 38 :p

• Kiyone_Alien_Cop and G.C.T. like this

Hullian111
  • Hullian111

Humberside County

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best PoperBlocker 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago

There will be no other versions of the Merit Classic, only the Premier will have variants of taxi and LCPD. The front and rear end is already done. Based on the 1987 - '90 models. First it will be transformed into a taxi.
Screenshot29922.jpg
Screenshot33251.jpg

Works on my Washington has been suspended at the moment, I have new improvements to this classic soon.

Aw, that's a shame. Maybe I didn't read it right first time, but oh well, as the author desires.

Besides, maybe someone else would slap a siren/taxi sign on the Merit, give it a livery, and call it a day. With the Caprice surplanting the Impala in 1985 (my game is set in 1984), it would make sense having two fleet specs kicking around. Nothing against you, and not requesting you to, though.
  • Kiyone_Alien_Cop likes this

G.C.T.
  • G.C.T.

-------

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

@Hullian111  Excuse me. my game is set in 1997. So my priority now is a Caprice of 1990. keep calm, it may be that I do a Merit taxi version after Premier.

• RM76, direct_UA, CRAZY AL WARD and 1 other like this

Ragutheone
  • Ragutheone

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I got 2 ideas, how about modifying the emperor to resemble more a mid 80s fleetwood/broughm instead of a late 70s deville, or modifying the feroci to make a late 90s version of the karin astrophe/dinka hakumai (Toyota Camry/Honda Accord)

I like the Emperor's look as it is, the only change I made was to add tinted glasses. Maybe someday I transform into a 1990 Caddy style, which is a lot of work. As for the Japanese sedans, I have the first-generation Chavos from the MP3, reminiscent of the 1990s Civic and Accord. Int the Feroci is improving to look like the '93 Lexus GS300 with two-tone bodywork, new rims and a new rear spoiler.

Any progress on the clean & beater cab versions of the Merit Classic, G.C.T.? Hyped for that car.

What about the Washington Classic, as well? I'm getting MM3 vibes thinking about it.

Screenshot29922.jpg

Screenshot33251.jpg

The one thing the emperor must have is a hood ornament, and rims that actually resemble caddy rims, not the ones it has now. As for the feroci, I never understood the connection between that car and a lexus, looks way more like an accord/camry to me. Another thing that would be nice an a real 4 door futo (not the botched one that is out rn). Make the car longer/little wider, remover the "sporty" markings and replace the front badge from "Futo" to "Karin", basically make it look like a late 80s/early 90s corolla.

@Hullian111  Excuse me. my game is set in 1997. So my priority now is a Caprice of 1990. keep calm, it may be that I do a Merit taxi version after Premier.

what do you mean, like the cars you modded in the game?

RM76
  • RM76

GTAF visitor since 2005

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

This is going to be sublime, can't wait.

G.C.T.
  • G.C.T.

-------

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by G.C.T., A week ago.

The one thing the emperor must have is a hood ornament, and rims that actually resemble caddy rims, not the ones it has now. As for the feroci, I never understood the connection between that car and a lexus, looks way more like an accord/camry to me. Another thing that would be nice an a real 4 door futo (not the botched one that is out rn). Make the car longer/little wider, remover the "sporty" markings and replace the front badge from "Futo" to "Karin", basically make it look like a late 80s/early 90s corolla.

Yes, you are right about the ornament on the hood. As you can see they were added in the Emperor Limousine. It's something I have to review, as there are several cars in the game that need to be updated. Already the wheels were not well received by the other users of the forum, who prefer the original rims of the Emperor. Only the front of the Feroci resembles the Accord, the side and the design of the windows and doors are identical to the Lexus. The 'Futo Saloon' looks interesting but it's laborious to do take a long time.

Yes. I have a few cars that were released to complete my game 90's atmosphere, the Liberty City ambience of the IV looks like a NY from the 90's.

Ragutheone
  • Ragutheone

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Yes, you are right about the ornament on the hood. As you can see they were added in the Emperor Limousine. It's something I have to review, as there are several cars in the game that need to be updated. Already the wheels were not well received by the other users of the forum, who prefer the original rims of the Emperor. Only the front of the Feroci resembles the Accord, the side and the design of the windows and doors are identical to the Lexus. The 'Futo Saloon' looks interesting but it's laborious to do take a long time.

Yes. I have a few cars that were released to complete my game 90's atmosphere, the Liberty City ambience of the IV looks like a NY from the 90's.

A few years ago, I made a car pack that replaced all the gta 4 vehicles with those that would have been present around the time gta 3 took place, but it used real vehicles. As for 1997, you should replace the wheels of the some of the vehicles with these kinds of wheels: https://dudazps6njn8...t_id=8800005007since they where everywhere in the 90s. If you want, I could create a more period correct taxi skin for the stanier taxi

• G.C.T. likes this

Hullian111
  • Hullian111

Humberside County

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best PoperBlocker 2017

Posted A week ago Edited by Hullian111, A week ago.

Bit of harsh criticism coming in from LCPDFR. Not naming names, but anyone from LCPDFR is going to know.

"I'd swap the wheels to match with the other police vehicles, maybe remove the bumper rivets, and put the interior back to the original black to match all the other cars. Instead of being that one odd out...If I could nitpick one more, take away the c-pillar badges. It just screams Caprice too loud."

"That's what I'm implying on. All I see is Carface's Caprice. Maybe a swap of wheels, remove some small detail, and some fine tuning can fix that...I definitely recommend stock wheels, though. They're too bulky and stick out from the traffic. Especially the Caprice hubcaps. He didn't change those a bit."

Granted, this is the GTA V LSPD port, but don't let him get you down - he's quite harsh, and he focuses on real-life 60s-through-90s models.

PJR_4015
  • PJR_4015

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

Granted, this is the GTA V LSPD port, but don't let him get you down - he's quite harsh, and he got real mad about some black 'dust' square on another screenshot.

You're mixing up two persons here. The one complaining about what ended up being a dust particle was someone else.

G.C.T.
  • G.C.T.

-------

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

Bit of harsh criticism coming in from LCPDFR. Not naming names, but anyone from LCPDFR is going to know.

"I'd swap the wheels to match with the other police vehicles, maybe remove the bumper rivets, and put the interior back to the original black to match all the other cars. Instead of being that one odd out...If I could nitpick one more, take away the c-pillar badges. It just screams Caprice too loud."

"That's what I'm implying on. All I see is Carface's Caprice. Maybe a swap of wheels, remove some small detail, and some fine tuning can fix that...I definitely recommend stock wheels, though. They're too bulky and stick out from the traffic. Especially the Caprice hubcaps. He didn't change those a bit."

Granted, this is the GTA V LSPD port, but don't let him get you down - he's quite harsh, and he focuses on real-life 60s-through-90s models.

It seems to me a constructive criticism. That's nice.

I am completing the '90 Taxicar stock version, so I can correct the problems found in the Classic Merit quoted in these LCPDFR comments. I made the new rims inspired by the Thunder's taxi. Was identical, to give a standard among the taxis. I have a texture of black variation for the interior (already imagined the bad reception of the blue interior). In addition, the internal door handles will be added and the pillar-c badges will be removed to make it more fictitious. The bumper rivets is something that I can not remove because of quality issues, since the bumpers are not so detailed.

Screenshot14590.jpg

• JoeVK, Bondergomme, Kiyone_Alien_Cop and 11 others like this

Thundersmacker
  • Thundersmacker

Road Warrior

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2016

Posted A week ago Edited by Thundersmacker, A week ago.

Taxi's looking good, the wheels are spot on. With this coming I can soon re-enact that scene from Die Hard 3.

As far as the criticisms go, I wouldn't worry about removing the bumper rivets.

• G.C.T., RM76, direct_UA and 1 other like this

RM76
  • RM76

GTAF visitor since 2005

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Good LORD that is perfect.

• G.C.T. likes this

Ragutheone
  • Ragutheone

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

Does anyone know how to port models from Beamng Drive to GTA IV/V? The SUV looks a lot like the one from GTA San Andreas, perhaps it can be called the "Landstalker Classic"landstalker-2.jpg260px-Gavril_Roamer_base.png

• DidSomebodySayYouga, SilentSoul21 and Zultar like this

G.C.T.
  • G.C.T.

-------

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 days ago

@Ragutheone  I particularly do not like this SUV. The front is well made, but the design is very square. It looks like a square version of the expedition. Also, I can not extract the model.

Ragutheone
  • Ragutheone

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

@Ragutheone  I particularly do not like this SUV. The front is well made, but the design is very square. It looks like a square version of the expedition. Also, I can not extract the model.

Screen-Shot-2017-10-23-at-4.45.04-PM-102

Just incase you didn't know that the expedition was pretty boxy at one point, but personal taste is personal taste. But there are still other "San Andreas" era cars in Beamng that would go well for a 1997 setting, does anyone in this thread know how to port? I know someone ported the hatchback from beamng to GTA V and re branded it as the "Dinka Flash"

Father McKenzie
  • Father McKenzie

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 days ago

Screen-Shot-2017-10-23-at-4.45.04-PM-102
Just incase you didn't know that the expedition was pretty boxy at one point, but personal taste is personal taste. But there are still other "San Andreas" era cars in Beamng that would go well for a 1997 setting, does anyone in this thread know how to port? I know someone ported the hatchback from beamng to GTA V and re branded it as the "Dinka Flash"

The guys at VanillaWorks can help you.
  • G.C.T. likes this

direct_UA
  • direct_UA

Destroying Blue since 2017

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 3 days ago

Porting BeamNG models is way more easier than GTA ones, they are in .dae extension and are located in their own .ZIPs.

• G.C.T. likes this

G.C.T.
  • G.C.T.

-------

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 days ago Edited by G.C.T., 2 days ago.

-snip-

The Expedition is beautiful, especially the first generation. I say that the Roamer looks like the Expedition because of the size, it seems proportional with the D-15 which is based on the fullsize chevy pick-ups. But it is possible to reduce the Roamer to become proportional to the first generation Explorer. The "Dinka Flash" was very good, the way it was textured, it combines a lot with the Blista Compact. Let's say that at the moment I have several projects stranded on my desktop, I must finish them first.

Porting BeamNG models is way more easier than GTA ones, they are in .dae extension and are located in their own .ZIPs.

Good to know. I thought the files were in jbeam format, I never noticed that there was a .dae file inside the rar. Thanks.

- - - - -

The Classic taxi is finalized, I plan to launch it at the end of the week. I need to adjust the download file, the included bonus and take pictures in the middle park (if you understand me).

• CRAZY AL WARD, Thundersmacker and Zultar like this

DerangedCrackhead
  • DerangedCrackhead

punk de molde

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

There will be no other versions of the Merit Classic, only the Premier will have variants of taxi and LCPD. The front and rear end is already done. Based on the 1987 - '90 models. First it will be transformed into a taxi.

Screenshot29922.jpg

Screenshot33251.jpg

For some reason it reminds me to the 1979 Impala/Caprice. Maybe the sharpness of the edges and a bit of help from the perspective.

I am not a fan of fictional cars but I must admit it looks quite good, it could definitely pass as a default game model.

Maybach62
  • Maybach62

Certificated Trap Dealer

• Members
  • Honduras

Posted 2 days ago

Does anyone know how to port models from Beamng Drive to GTA IV/V? The SUV looks a lot like the one from GTA San Andreas, perhaps it can be called the "Landstalker Classic"landstalker-2.jpg260px-Gavril_Roamer_base.png

i personally love to see this in gta 4 and 5 as the landstalker

• G.C.T. likes this

Razor440
  • Razor440

Haha Yes!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 hours ago Edited by Razor440, 19 hours ago.

Just a suggestion- Is it possible to have a single thin whitewall appear on the taxi, or something of the like? Ive been looking at street shots and videos of NYC from the early 90s and Ive been seeing a few box caprices showing up that way. Looks really neat, adds to the whole beater look. https://flic.kr/p/4cEZcz
  • G.C.T. and RM76 like this

G.C.T.
  • G.C.T.

-------

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 hours ago Edited by G.C.T., 18 hours ago.

Just a suggestion- Is it possible to have a single thin whitewall appear on the taxi, or something of the like? Ive been looking at street shots and videos of NYC from the early 90s and Ive been seeing a few box caprices showing up that way. Looks really neat, adds to the whole beater look. https://flic.kr/p/4cEZcz

Unfortunately, the game engine does not allow for different tires for common vehicles, only on dual-wheel vehicles like a truck. In normal vehicles, the rear tires leave double marks.

Maybach62
  • Maybach62

Certificated Trap Dealer

• Members
  • Honduras

Posted 12 hours ago

hell hasta checker cabs too

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 9 hours ago

Unfortunately, the game engine does not allow for different tires for common vehicles

Damn, really? Does the game crash when you add separate front and rear wheel meshes to a car?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users