SA WIP IV WIP
1,017 replies to this topic
(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade
  • Poland

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:46 PM

Yes, it indeed looks more like an Iveco rather than a Mercedes-Benz/Dodge/Freightliner. Change the front-end (you can get some influences from the XLS), shorten the car a little and use different rims. You can keep the rear end as it as in order to not make the van a carbon copy of the Sprinter.
  • DidSomebodySayYouga likes this

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:01 PM

^ By saying "Bravado van", I thought about the Dodge Sprinter, not the Ram Promaster (aka an outdated Fiat Ducato with Dodge grille).

The Promaster is ugly AF. Also, front-wheel-drive screams the exact opposite of "heavy duty", which is why there are still so many Chevy Express and GMC Savannas on the roads. The Dodge dealership across the street from my work had a Promaster when they first came out. It sat on their lot for a year before they traded it off to another dealership for a Ram pickup because, according to the saleman I talked to, "nobody wanted an ugly, fwd cargo van with a V6".

• universetwisters, G.C.T., RM76 and 2 others like this

G.C.T.
  • G.C.T.

-------

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:09 AM Edited by G.C.T., 15 April 2017 - 01:10 AM.

The Promaster is ugly AF. Also, front-wheel-drive screams the exact opposite of "heavy duty", which is why there are still so many Chevy Express and GMC Savannas on the roads. The Dodge dealership across the street from my work had a Promaster when they first came out. It sat on their lot for a year before they traded it off to another dealership for a Ram pickup because, according to the saleman I talked to, "nobody wanted an ugly, fwd cargo van with a V6".

The Ford Transit was commercialized here in chassis version and Cargo van (in the previous generation that was not so ugly) to replace the old F series, but was not successful. It was not brave like the F-series, so Ford decided to bring back the outdated F-350 and F4000 with the Euro5 system that are way better than Transit. There are only Euro vans here (Daily, Master, Ducato, Sprinter, Transit), Volkswagen would bring the Transporter (the only Euro van I like) around here but it seems to have given up. People prefer the compact combo-style pickups around here.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

The Promaster is ugly AF.

Which is weird because they were pretty popular in Europe when I was there. Also in Europe, crossovers & SUVs were nary a thing. They were still making station wagons, which the SUV replaced here in America around the 1990s. Also everybody drives stick over there. Europe's car culture is f*cking weird compared to ours.
  • Testeuros likes this

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:56 PM Edited by Claude_Lib, 15 April 2017 - 03:44 PM.

Here in Russia we have lots of Ducatos, Boxers and Jumpers, which are all essentially the same, but I never saw a Promaster. And yeah, being smarter than an Arduino so you can switch gears yourself is not weird.

EDIT. Also, WTF is this?

Spoiler

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

The Promaster is ugly AF.

Which is weird because they were pretty popular in Europe when I was there. Also in Europe, crossovers & SUVs were nary a thing. They were still making station wagons, which the SUV replaced here in America around the 1990s. Also everybody drives stick over there. Europe's car culture is f*cking weird compared to ours.

Yeah. It seems the vast majority of the world prefers their cars to be tiny little tin cans on wheels. Don't get me wrong, small cars can be fun and cheap on gas, but they just don't scream "safe-in-a-crash" to me.

Nico
  • Nico

Amused to death

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

Often, being bigger doesn't necessarily equals being a safer vehicle, though. It depends of the conditions of the crash; if you crash on an upcoming vehicle at 100 MPH / 160 KPH there's no chance of survival, regardless if you're driving the latest Volvo or a 1980's Dacia. Also, all those SUV's that people consider "safer" compared to smaller vehicles have way higher chances of rollover than a vehicle with lower center of gravity.

Anyway, this is derailing the topic too much.
  • Android, Stevenslender123 and CRAZY AL WARD like this

G.C.T.
  • G.C.T.

-------

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:06 PM Edited by G.C.T., 15 April 2017 - 08:16 PM.

After transforming the Stanier into a Unmarked vehicle, I was disappointed with the limit of lights that the FIB Bufalo supports (two points on the front and two on the rear window).

http://vignette2.wik...&path-prefix=pt

0_0.jpg

In Police Stinger it is possible to put up siren8. Anyone know if I can increase the amount of lights in the FIB?

• LevelDockSix, (Ambient), ThatOneHick and 5 others like this

PJR_4015
  • PJR_4015

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:58 PM

After transforming the Stanier into a Unmarked vehicle, I was disappointed with the limit of lights that the FIB Bufalo supports (two points on the front and two on the rear window).

http://vignette2.wik...&path-prefix=pt

-snip-

In Police Stinger it is possible to put up siren8. Anyone know if I can increase the amount of lights in the FIB?

I believe the light limit is hardcoded into the game. So unless you use ELS, you can't have more lights for the fbi slot. But unmarked NYPD cars aren't outfitted to light up like christmas trees anyways, so a setup similar to the GTA V Stanier isn't needed.

• G.C.T., CRAZY AL WARD and Zultar like this

G.C.T.
  • G.C.T.

-------

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:04 AM

I do not want to use ELS because I want to leave as many Vanilla as possible. I found a solution that was very discreet I think. Just lights on the grill and the windshield.

Screenshot75115.jpg

Screenshot77538.jpg

• (Ambient), ThatOneHick, Android and 6 others like this

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:14 AM

I made a version of Thundersmacker Premier Classic police cruiser a while back, intended to replace the Noose cruiser. It has sirens 5-8 are in the Noose light bar, 1 and 4 are on the push bar and 2 and 3 are facing out the rear windshield like the FIB Buffalo. I made the lightbar extra_1, and surprisingly, it actually does sometimes spawn without it. I was just playing earlier and Noose Premiers joined in the chase. Some had light bars, some didn't.

Stevenslender123
  • Stevenslender123

Seasoned GTA Veteran

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:09 AM

I made a version of Thundersmacker Premier Classic police cruiser a while back, intended to replace the Noose cruiser. It has sirens 5-8 are in the Noose light bar, 1 and 4 are on the push bar and 2 and 3 are facing out the rear windshield like the FIB Buffalo. I made the lightbar extra_1, and surprisingly, it actually does sometimes spawn without it. I was just playing earlier and Noose Premiers joined in the chase. Some had light bars, some didn't.

in vehicles.ide, did you use the ext_all flag? That permanently keeps the light bar on, as long as you don't have other extras around. Those'll spawn too... 

DidSomebodySayYouga
  • DidSomebodySayYouga

Bravado: Thanks for the bailout America

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:26 PM

How about 1992 Bravado Rumpo? Rumpo from GTA V, but with front part from Steed. It would be nice to see a passenger version with an elongated body (Club Wagon parody).

• G.C.T. likes this

PJR_4015
  • PJR_4015

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:45 PM Edited by PJR_4015, 17 April 2017 - 06:00 PM.

I do not want to use ELS because I want to leave as many Vanilla as possible. I found a solution that was very discreet I think. Just lights on the grill and the windshield.

Screenshot75115.jpg
​-snip-

Can you maybe use the default rambar from IV instead of the one from V? Something like this:

http://www.policecar...pd/nypd2718.jpg

G.C.T.
  • G.C.T.

-------

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:56 PM Edited by G.C.T., 16 April 2017 - 11:54 PM.

@Nico-Las RUS  With the Vapid Steed I prefer to recreate the back of the van. Rumpo's body does not fit perfectly into Steed's cabin. But I still have other cars to be converted and edited before like the Asterope Taxi, Sandking, Executioner ...

@PJR_4015  I'm preparing two variations for Undercover / Unmarked Stanier (in IV and V styles), Rambars are extras:

1. Hubcaps, IV Rambars and chrome details;
2. Steel rims, V rambars and black grille.

EDIT: I put the two Rambars as an extra 1 and 2 in a single car.

• PJR_4015 likes this

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:33 AM

in vehicles.ide, did you use the ext_all flag? That permanently keeps the light bar on, as long as you don't have other extras around. Those'll spawn too... 

Nope. The original line had the ext_requi and ext_strong flags. I just removed the ext_requi flag.

Dani02
  • Dani02

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:50 PM

Declasse Rancher Stepside in GTA V.

4a4102-GTA5%202017-04-17%2021-39-24-270.

4a4102-GTA5%202017-04-17%2021-39-29-120.

4a4102-GTA5%202017-04-17%2021-43-47-336.

4a4102-GTA5%202017-04-17%2021-40-11-914.

Link: https://www.gta5-mod...ancher-stepside

• universetwisters, ThatOneHick, G.C.T. and 6 others like this

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• The Connection
  • England

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:19 AM Edited by Rented, 18 April 2017 - 12:20 AM.

Any thoughts on the Dilettante taxi and Benefactor/Bravado van?

640px-New_York_Prius_cab.JPG

5hDlE.jpg

Trying not to make this a shameless plug but I made a Dilentante Canny a while back, I can PM it to you if u want

Edit
Cabby not Canny
  • someguyfromlc, (Ambient) and G.C.T. like this

SilentSoul21
  • SilentSoul21

GTA Car Lover

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:11 AM

Declasse Rancher Stepside in GTA V.

Link: https://www.gta5-mod...ancher-stepside

Nice conversion, Dani! Just like Thundersmacker's Comet Retro. I'd like to ask you, could you please make both Brute Yosemite and Ingot Sedan conversions as Add-Ons too?  :)

Ohh, by the way, just a small suggestion, what about GCT's awesome Schyster Greenwood as one of your next conversions to GTAV? If you want, of course!  :lol:

• DidSomebodySayYouga, CRAZY AL WARD, Dani02 and 1 other like this

G.C.T.
  • G.C.T.

-------

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

-snip-

-snip-

Trying not to make this a shameless plug but I made a Dilettante Cabby a while back, I can PM it to you if u want

Can you send me by PM. Thanks

Ohh, by the way, just a small suggestion, what about GCT's awesome Schyster Greenwood as one of your next conversions to GTAV? If you want, of course!  :lol:

I agree, Greenwood would look great on V. And good job in Rancher @Dani02.

• DidSomebodySayYouga, 11john11, CRAZY AL WARD and 2 others like this

someguyfromlc
  • someguyfromlc

I like peanut butter.

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:51 PM

5hDlE.jpg

Trying not to make this a shameless plug but I made a Dilentante Canny a while back, I can PM it to you if u want

Edit
Cabby not Canny

Could you PM me the Dilettante too? I am dying to find such a mod.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:53 AM

Imma be pumped for that Benefactor van if anythings done with it. Hopefully it can have a windowless cargo variant aswell.

RM76
  • RM76

GTAF visitor since 2005

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:44 PM

Imma be pumped for that Benefactor van if anythings done with it. Hopefully it can have a windowless cargo variant aswell.

*free candy van

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade
  • Poland

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:04 PM

*free candy van

The "Free Candy" van sounds like a good idea, but only if G.C.T. wanted to make a rusty/wreck variant of the Pony, but he already has few projects.

• RM76 likes this

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• The Connection
  • England

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:34 PM

5hDlE.jpg

Edit
Cabby not Canny
Yeah sure and you for you too G.C.T. once I get on my pc I'll send it(could be a few days since I rarely go on it anymore)

G.C.T.
  • G.C.T.

-------

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:17 PM

The Max Payne Van is still not my priority, I have some interesting vehicles to convert. Even more so that the van needs many modifications to look like the Sprinter. But I would like to modify it someday.

The Stanier pack is available now:

1492811361_Screenshot19186.jpg
1492811361_Screenshot39756.jpg

http://www.gtainside...r-2th-gen-pack/

In a few hours the updated Buffalo will be available.

Note: I removed the Police Radio in the Buffalo.

• Claude_Lib, unbid, LevelDockSix and 10 others like this

G.C.T.
  • G.C.T.

-------

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:10 PM

I'm working slowly on the Asterope from Thudersmaker to turn on LCC Taxi and removed the sunroof. Before putting on the taxi accessories I want to remove some chrome details and leave it in a more basic style like the Camry Taxi.

Asterope%2Btaxi.jpg

And this will be my next:

1664790-0-medium.jpg

I'll take the high suspension out of Sandking and leave it more stock.

• unbid, LevelDockSix, StratenSurf and 6 others like this

someguyfromlc
  • someguyfromlc

I like peanut butter.

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:01 AM

5hDlE.jpg

Edit
Cabby not Canny
Yeah sure and you for you too G.C.T. once I get on my pc I'll send it(could be a few days since I rarely go on it anymore)

Awesome dude thanks.

unbid
  • unbid

Sgt. Pooper Lonely Farts Club

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

And this will be my next:
1664790-0-medium.jpg
I'll take the high suspension out of Sandking and leave it more stock.

Nice. Maybe you should include the Excursion style Sandking on the list, as well.
  • G.C.T. likes this

Zultar
  • Zultar

i miss my PS3 </3

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:26 PM

The Max Payne Van is still not my priority, I have some interesting vehicles to convert. Even more so that the van needs many modifications to look like the Sprinter. But I would like to modify it someday.

The Stanier pack is available now:

1492811361_Screenshot19186.jpg
1492811361_Screenshot39756.jpg
http://www.gtainside...r-2th-gen-pack/

In a few hours the updated Buffalo will be available.

Note: I removed the Police Radio in the Buffalo.

Nice i like the dual exhaust setup on this baby 

• G.C.T. likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users