Hi! Since I like to modify wanted level system in III era because it's a significant part of the game I decided to make another mod. As you can see this mod is a 6th WL star related (the second military mod made by me) and it makes the tanks attack you with cannons. With this mod GTA will slightly remind you to some war game:
04.06.17 Tank Fire 1.4
- fixed game crash from the previous version,
- removed tank aiming when the soldier exits the tank.
20.02.17 Tank Fire 1.3
- fixed player's tank "frozen aiming",
- removed aiming ability for destroyed NPC tanks,
- SWAT Tank water cannon replaced with cannoballs
- mod changes available through Tank Fire.ini:
ENABLE_ONMISSION = 0 ; [boolean] seting this value to 1 will disable tank fire while the player is on the mission - PLAYER_TANK_FIRE_RATE = 250 ; [4 bytes] time in milisecinds: 250 ms = 1/4 seconds (0 means the fastest fire rate) - NPC_TANK_FIRE_RATE = 1000 ; [4 bytes] time in milisecinds: 1000 ms = 1 second (0 means the fastest fire rate) - CANNONBALL_SPEED = 220.0 ; [float] - CANNONBALL_SMOKE_R = 1.0 ; [float] Cannonball some colour Red [values from 0.0 to 1.0] - CANNONBALL_SMOKE_G = 1.0 ; [float] Cannonball some colour Green [values from 0.0 to 1.0] - CANNONBALL_SMOKE_B = 1.0 ; [float] Cannonball some colour Blue [values from 0.0 to 1.0]
TANK FIRE VERSION 1.21
- there's no need to use $INCLUDE directive any more so remove everything from the previous version and just use this single $CLEO code,
- drasticly increased the distance shot of the tank fire (200.0) so now you can hit every vehicle (even Hydra),
- decreased interval between shots,
- tank pushing power has been removed,
- tank "doom" aiming is completely controlable by mouse movement - there's no delay in moving,
- it's possible to destroy other tanks so it looks like a tank battle game,
- the players tank has a rapid fire and it can be activated by "press and hold" the right mouse button,
- at STAR7 the players tank can be destroyed by other tanks (not tested),
- the code shoud work for multiple game versions (not tested).
- other tanks are now vulnurable to explosions of any type so you can easily destroy them in combat (handling.cfg file was not modified),
- tanks are pretty precise when they hit a standing or slow motion targets,
- vertical direction of a cannon projectile trajectory is also defined so the tanks are able to hit you while you're flying a helicopter at low heights for exmpl,
- if you drive really fast the cannon projectiles will most likely miss you,
- appart from m4 assault riffles soldiers from tanks will carry thermal googles and bombs (they'll not actually use those extra gear but they'll drop it after death).
- if you're on foot you can surrender yourself by clicking LCTRL and S at the same time.
- DK22Pac [Special thanks]
I didn't actually have the honor to work together on this mod with any of these guys (except Wesser for VC&III) but I used some of their methods to buid up this code:
- to take handle of multiple vehicles and peds I used DK22Pac's $INCLUDE method:
- for calculation of a directional angle between 2 points I used method from here:
- for calculating a vertical trajectory of a cannon projectile I used Tayler series for arcus sinus approximation:
Source code v1.1
How to install:
You need CLEO and DK22Pac's files
After you install CLEO (if not already installed) extract DK22Pac's files and my files into the CLEO folder of GTA SA directory.
Also it's always a good thing to have some sort of error recoverer - you can download Link2012's SCRLog.
The Tank Fire code has been tested and it appears it works fine.
However if you do experience problems with this mod send me the SCRLog crash report.
TANK FIRE VERSION 1.1
- inputed safety conditional checks in order to prevent the rare game crash,
- added the ability to faster rotate the player's tank gun [like in V],
- decreased the push power of the players tank while fireing a cannon projectile,
- drasticly increased cannon projectile speed for NPC tanks (I'm still not sure which speed I should set- future code versions will be diferent),
- tested for 1.0 game version.
Future plans [WIP]:
- Adding the city alarm siren for danger to make things even more dramatic,
- I'm thinking to put all this into the star 7 (6-7 replace).
Download link is updated.