Is Ryder really that bad?

82 replies to this topic
SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

but now you're buried rest nigga cuz i ain't worried

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:35 PM

Ryder was nice at the beginning of the game, though I never liked him saying negative comments about CJ, and His missions were kinda useless.

Not really useless, he was the main gun supplier of the gang and an OG, he took care of Emmet cheap sh*t and stole some grade-a army sh*t into the gang to make it worth. 

RedDeyMon
  • RedDeyMon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:38 PM

Ryder and cj also went to college toghether though, both dropped out

CesarCorona
  • CesarCorona

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:03 PM

Ryder is too intelligent for this, A genius. Gotta love it.
  • ITz_cLaude_bAB likes this

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:01 AM

Actually, they dropped out of high school. Ryder even mentions it in one cutscene.

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:21 AM Edited by watersgta3, 25 January 2017 - 08:47 AM.

There's just something that really bothered me about Ryder's attitude in the game. We know that Smoke's betrayal had a lot of hints, but what about Ryder? His dedication to Grove Street seemed pretty genuine compared to Smoke when you look back on it. My question is was he truly down with Grove Street up until his betrayal and only was convinced by Big Smoke later on, or was his "Grove 4 Life" attitude he displayed in the beginning just a way to hide his betrayal and make himself seem more loyal? (if that was the case, he did a much better job at it than Smoke) What do you guys think?

mrfilmpjesmaker123
  • mrfilmpjesmaker123

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFilmpjesmaker123

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:18 PM

The fact that he betrays you while you've known eacother sice forever makes me hate him. Pulaski is an enemy from the start.

Strel0k
  • Strel0k

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:19 AM

Ryder was a irredeemable even if not because of the treason act, everything he did was wrong. 

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:05 PM

Ryder was a irredeemable even if not because of the treason act, everything he did was wrong. 

and CJ never killed anyone?

• Light Syde Riandy likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:47 AM

Lance was the supplier of arms to the Gang.

Paul72
  • Paul72

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:47 PM

Ryder was just a traitor. That's what made him irredeemable. Seriously though, his betrayal was poorly written.

• Light Syde Riandy likes this

Zaiv
  • Zaiv

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:40 AM

I mainly liked Ryder because he looked like Eazy E, lol. I hated Big Smoke way more than Ryder. His betrayal seemed worse.

Dead tower
  • Dead tower

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Algeria

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:21 AM

ryder is a backstabber who was only in it for the drugs and he also did try to f*ck kendl

Korupt
  • Korupt

Player Hater

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:23 PM

Ryder is my favourite GTA character. He may like to give CJ a hard time, but he is still his friend after all. I think he was the closest friend to CJ. At that time, Sweet didn't like him returning and kept yelling on him, while Smoke likes to bullsh*t him each time CJ asks about Tenpenny. Plus we never saw CJ joking with Sweet, or Big Smoke, but he does with Ryder in the mission " Robbing Uncle sam" I believe Rockstar had other plans for Ryder .

-1  Ryder was meant to die in the mission " the green sabre" there are quotes from the mission " hosue party" that would perfectly fit in that mission like : I will go round up some homies!" That will make sense, Sweet goes to the Mulholland Intersection and gets shot, Ryder goes to Big Smoke house and ballas wait him there and kill him or he gets shot with Sweet and dies, while CJ goes to check César. This would explain why Sweet and CJ never talked about Ryder anymore.

-2 Ryder was meant to be with CJ while he goes to SF! makes sense as well. Since most of the story in SF is about yay, Ryder would fit there exactly. He may have connections with drug dealers or something, that would help CJ and César bring down the Loco Syndicate.

Ryder doesn't hate CJ, there are a lot of examples where friends like to make fun of each other. If you watched the movie " Boyz n da hood" DoughBoy likes to mock Tre and Rick, but he still hugs them and roll with them. When Ricky died, it was the only scene that shows Dough crying, In the movie " Menace 2 Society', O-DOG always makes fun of Caine, he calls him a lil bitch and all. But he still his best friend, and almost cried when he died.

@RYDERNIGGA4LIFEBUSTA

• Light Syde Riandy and SHIFAAH9 like this

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

but now you're buried rest nigga cuz i ain't worried

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:39 PM Edited by SMACKED!, 08 August 2017 - 08:41 PM.

Ryder should've died at The Green Sabre or later in the game. It was impossible for the duo (CJ and Cesar) to have kept Ryder on their side if he wouldn't sell them out as Ryder couldn't fit in, he had the looks of an inbred gangbanger with the "ghetto mentality", besides, Ryder tried to do Kendl. 

Ryder was nothing but a gang banger.

Spoiler

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:12 PM

No he is not that bad. He is a minor side character to add a little life to the game.

Korupt
  • Korupt

Player Hater

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:16 PM

I don't think Ryder was ever "minor" if we look at early magazines and first missions, BS, R and S were equal, it seems rockstar had other plans for him but for some reason scrapped it.

DerpyCake_2005
  • DerpyCake_2005

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:16 AM

Well if you would compare Ryder's actions in the game, he isn't really interested in the Loco Syndicate. He just did it because Smoke asked him, also, Ryder is, as you may already know a busta. Meaning to say that he's doing it either for fame or just to show off.

In my point lf view, Rockstar made a terrible decision to make the plot in the game.

Now if only there were some "parallel universe" we can go through and play the parallel version of the game....

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:05 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 02 September 2017 - 04:07 PM.

Ryder was disloyal as we all know. But I think he was a great character. Loved the fact the looked like Eazy-E. Also he reminded me of some snakes I know in real life. Self-serving, a little two-faced, stab you in the back, kind of guy. I thought he was believable in his motives and actions. Also MC Eiht's voice-acting is great. He just has a great voice. I also loved the way he broke CJ's balls all the time. It's like the ball-breakers do this to deflect from their own sneakiness and short-comings. 

I would also be surprised if any of you don't know that Ryder AKA MC Eiht has a track in San Andreas.. Maybe GTA V too. 

• Am Shaegar likes this

Korupt
  • Korupt

Player Hater

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:22 PM

Yeah MC EIHT had a track in San Andreas, 'the hood they took me under" we can hear it in strip clubs xd

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:59 PM

Whoa guys, the topic is abut Lance in the game, not voice actors and side business.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Ass Technician

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:12 AM Edited by Helegad, 04 September 2017 - 07:13 AM.

Actually, they dropped out of high school. Ryder even mentions it in one cutscene.

Actually there's no evidence they even got as far as high school.

IIRC "third grade" is mentioned once.

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:14 PM

Actually there's no evidence they even got as far as high school.

IIRC "third grade" is mentioned once.

"Hey CJ, tell me why I didn't finish high school"

Yeah. No evidence whatsoever. (sarcasm)

SonnyNapoli
  • SonnyNapoli

Wiseguy

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:30 PM

13-gtasa13.jpg

• SHIFAAH9 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic