Is Ryder really that bad?

82 replies to this topic
RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:27 AM

Ryder is a buster. Straight buster. He's just a liability that wish he hadn't pissed off Carl.

Paul723
  • Paul723

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:52 AM Edited by Paul723, 30 June 2016 - 10:00 AM.

He betrayed his gang. But no. Outside of that, he wasn't any worse than Catalina. He'll Ryder was a hell of a lot better than OG Joke. He and CJ were like Sonic and Knuckles. One is calm (CJ and Sonic) and the other is hot-tempered (Knuckles and Ryder). And even though they bickered, they were still tight together, before betrayal on CJ and Ryder's part that is.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:21 PM

I wish he didn't betray CJ&Sweet, that felt so forced. It  should have been just Big Smoke

• j7n, Light Syde Riandy and Honker1944 like this

Honker1944
  • Honker1944

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:15 PM

You will be amused but I like Ryder more than Sweet or Big Bear. I hate Sweet becouse he lost control in many district and nearly kill GSF. He is also very ungrateful for everything what cj did "Your help is the last thing we need". Big Bear becaming bitch so easily shows how weak he truly is.
Also Ryder jokes on Cj always make a smile on my face like "go,go go and we go blow" or "nija style".
And one more thing Ryder make many good thing for GSF "Home Invasion", "Cleaning the hood" and "Robing uncle Sam" are only few examples. He and Cj are doing everything while S and BS sits on their asses. And the last one R was jelous becouse he was a driver in the GSF Team until Carl shows up again.
  • j7n and Paul723 like this

Henry Hernandez
  • Henry Hernandez

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:33 PM

You make a good points, Honker1944. The only real thing that makes him truly bad is the fact that he was a traitor and a snitch. Other than that, he's really done nothing worse. So what if he insulted CJ? I always see the two's relationship similar to Sonic the Hedgehog and Knuckles the Echidna. Two best friends who insult each other at times but are still cool together. I also don't think he would betray the gang on his own unless there was someone else who talked him into it. He just doesn't seem to have that motivation to turn his back on his old gang unless someone else convinced him. Besides his betrayal, the worst Ryder's ever done to CJ was call him a liability in the beginning of the mission. It would be a stretch to say he was a good guy (no character in the game, or in GTA period, is good), but as rude and curt as he was, he's really not any worse than a fat racist cop or a certain psychopathic bitch who's names I am not gonna bother bringing up.

• Paul723 and Honker1944 like this

FRANKLINCLINTON2
  • FRANKLINCLINTON2

Peon

• BUSTED!
  • Bangladesh

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:09 PM

I dont like ryder so much because he sucks and betray whole grove,guys

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:21 PM Edited by lil weasel, 12 June 2016 - 05:22 PM.

Actually what betrayal?
Ryder got the guns for gang, did he not?
The only "betrayal" was his allegiance to Big Smoke, who wanted to make some Real Money. Big Smoke and Ryder had a thing going with the Tenpenny mob. Tenpenny was keeping the various gangs on a status quo, with none having the upper hand until Carl interfered.
Big Smoke was making money, so where was the income that was supposed to keep the GSF going?
Sweet, was only sitting on his butt, spouting platitudes. Until Carl returned everything was going down hill. Lazy Sweet had let it all go to the dogs. Little wonder that Big Smoke and others defected. They still kept friendship going, if not the "business" of running the gang.

What did Sweet do that would keep the Grove Street Families together.
Sweet not the brightest.
What kind of creep is Sweet…
  • Honker1944 and FRANKLINCLINTON2 like this

FRANKLINCLINTON2
  • FRANKLINCLINTON2

Peon

• BUSTED!
  • Bangladesh

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:27 PM

Actually what betrayal?Ryder got the guns for gang, did he not?The only "betrayal" was his allegiance to Big Smoke, who wanted to make some Real Money. Big Smoke and Ryder had a thing going with the Tenpenny mob. Tenpenny was keeping the various gangs on a status quo, with none having the upper hand until Carl interfered.Big Smoke was making money, so where was the income that was supposed to keep the GSF going?Sweet, was only sitting on his butt, spouting platitudes. Until Carl returned everything was going down hill. Lazy Sweet had let it all go to the dogs. Little wonder that Big Smoke and others defected. They still kept friendship going, if not the "business" of running the gang. What did Sweet do that would keep the Grove Street Families together.Sweet not the brightest.What kind of creep is Sweet…

What he can do?He is really a busta and fool that he start betraying with big smoke

Honker1944
  • Honker1944

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:24 PM

^Yeah,Yeah whatever. When Smoke offered R a job he has one of the hightes rank in grove and he have freinds in Balls who gained after the deal with Tempenny. So what Ryder can do? He was giving Sweet clues about green sabre in mission drive-thru but Sweet gives a sh*t. And Bs was a BF4L of Carl so...Bad blood makes bad blood. Smoke was poisen which leaded most of respected GSF members to anarchy and self destruction.
  • FRANKLINCLINTON2 likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:34 AM

Maybe the game would have been better with Ryder as the protagonist, with him and Smoke going up the criminal ladder, doing crazy sh*t with the Loco Syndicate, then expanding to Las Venturas.

• lil weasel, Honker1944 and FRANKLINCLINTON2 like this

FRANKLINCLINTON2
  • FRANKLINCLINTON2

Peon

• BUSTED!
  • Bangladesh

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:48 PM

Maybe the game would have been better with Ryder as the protagonist, with him and Smoke going up the criminal ladder, doing crazy sh*t with the Loco Syndicate, then expanding to Las Venturas.

You are right,It would be fun,If Ryder will a protagonist and CJ will be antagonist then

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:01 PM

Speaking of that, is there a DYOM pack made around that idea?

FRANKLINCLINTON2
  • FRANKLINCLINTON2

Peon

• BUSTED!
  • Bangladesh

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:35 PM

Yeah,I can make it ,If u registered,You can make it

VSVP
  • VSVP

Racist Moron

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:27 AM Edited by VSVP, 30 August 2016 - 10:29 AM.

Ryder sold out the Grove Street Families by allowing the Ballas to have more control and power over the Families territories in exchange for drugs, which he would give to smoke to sell through the loco syndicate drug ring. He also made an alliance with CRASH which the Families didn't approve of

Absar J Khan
  • Absar J Khan

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best USB citizen 2016

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:29 AM

Exactly,He is busta

DERGaming
  • DERGaming

Dagger

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:36 AM

Ryder is a tradier but he is ccol

TheMack20
  • TheMack20

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:00 PM

Outside of his betrayal, Ryder isn't really as evil as a lot of people on this forum love to exaggerate. Yeah he was an asshole, but in the beginning of the game, he seemed more like the lovable asshole with charisma. I doubt he would turn his back on the game had Smoke not talked him into it. I think that water is what got to his head. As for his relationship with CJ, I don't know why people always exaggerate and say that he hated CJ, because it never looked that way to me. Ryder poking fun at CJ is actually quite normal. I always saw Ryder's relationship with CJ more like a love-hate relationship.  You know, kind of similar to Sonic and Knuckles in the Sonic series, or Dan and Chris from the cartoon show Dan vs. Like just because that person is your friend doesn't mean he/she won't poke fun at you on certain occasions. In other words, these two's relationship is something like this.

Vitriolic Best Buds - TV Tropes

So yeah. I don't think Ryder was intended to become a traitor, and he really didn't seem like he hated CJ from what I've seen.

• j7n likes this

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:14 PM

He a shermhead. But he cool.

EarthGaia
  • EarthGaia

Don't mess with Cuphead!

• The Yakuza
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [Music]

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:21 PM

When it was my first time playing GTA San Andreas, I had a bad feeling about Ryder. Since the first missions, I never liked his behavior.

hozupindahows00s
  • hozupindahows00s

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:59 PM

When it was my first time playing GTA San Andreas, I had a bad feeling about Ryder. Since the first missions, I never liked his behavior.

Exactly. Ryders an unmemorable character, and that's a fact too. I actually punched my cousin in the face for saying that Ryder was his favorite character.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:21 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 31 October 2016 - 10:21 PM.

Well I like Ryder, he is good gangsta, just little stupid and got brainwashed by that asswipe Big Smoke!

Now If you coming raging at me then i'll smack you down with whatever i can grab, you may be at condition of tenpenny in the end!

• Light Syde Riandy likes this

LoganCarson
  • LoganCarson

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:00 AM

Ryder was a rat and an asshole who helped kill one of his supposed best friends' mother and made a move on his sister. He deserved to die.
  • Osho likes this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:43 AM

Ryder ( including OG LOC ) is a disgrace, a sh*thead, backstabbing, ungrateful, f*ckin' rat and an idiot with 0 IQ who insults a loyal friend like CJ and breaks up the trust and friendship for nothing but f*ckin' drugs?
Ryder was struggling constantly with his jealousy for CJ due to rising influence and respect within the gang for CJ, and most importantly, Sweet and CJ's relationship was getting stronger with each passing day.
Ryder knows that he's weak, a coward and the biggest pussy in GTA history, and doesn't have the balls, nor the intelligence and leadership to challenge and defeat a man like CJ and that's why he got easily manipulated.
Glad to see CJ put that f*ckin' rat in his place!
  • LoganCarson likes this

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:58 PM

Ryder was simply a character with wasted potential. Plain & simple.

Honker1944
  • Honker1944

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:36 AM

Ryder ( including OG LOC ) is a disgrace, a sh*thead, backstabbing, ungrateful, f*ckin' rat and an idiot with 0 IQ who insults a loyal friend like CJ and breaks up the trust and friendship for nothing but f*ckin' drugs?
Ryder was struggling constantly with his jealousy for CJ due to rising influence and respect within the gang for CJ, and most importantly, Sweet and CJ's relationship was getting stronger with each passing day.
Ryder knows that he's weak, a coward and the biggest pussy in GTA history, and doesn't have the balls, nor the intelligence and leadership to challenge and defeat a man like CJ and that's why he got easily manipulated.

I disagree. Firstly if Ryder has 0IQ how he was leading Cj by nose all this missions. He doesn't left Grove becouse of drugs. He do it becouse:
1. Smoke offered him a deal who he can't refuse. Ryder might even be able to deliver his speech to Sweet. But he would never, never get out of the Grove St. alive. He would have a terrible accident, or become the victim of some unexpected' Ballas attack. Or he would eat something that didnt agree with him. Or encounter meeting between bullet and his head. How Smoke managed to destroy entire gang in one day. He must have many people on hight
2. Money and power connected with them. Bitches, liqor expensive cars and houses. Everything from above was within his hand rage. He only have to take it.
Also Ryder betreal was a big suprise to me unlike Smoke's. I think you don't understand. Ryder was insulting Carl becouse he left them! He abandoned them why they needed him the most. And after five years he came back acting like nothing had happend hat would you do if you were Ryder? Pat Cj's head saying good boy?
Actually I think Tempenny and his crew are the biggest cowards in history. Frank and his lap dog escaped after they trying to kill. Why they didn't stay to finish the jobs like others characters in gta history? Ryder escaped becouse Carl and his allies outnumbered him and he didn't even have a gun.
I dunno why you like Smoke more. Isn't he the one who planned to kill Sweet and isn't he the one who started drug buissness? Or I am wrong?
  • lil weasel, j7n and Light Syde Riandy like this

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2016 - 04:45 PM

I disagree. Firstly if Ryder has 0IQ how he was leading Cj by nose all this missions. He doesn't left Grove becouse of drugs. He do it becouse:
1. Smoke offered him a deal who he can't refuse. Ryder might even be able to deliver his speech to Sweet. But he would never, never get out of the Grove St. alive. He would have a terrible accident, or become the victim of some unexpected' Ballas attack. Or he would eat something that didnt agree with him. Or encounter meeting between bullet and his head. How Smoke managed to destroy entire gang in one day. He must have many people on hight
2. Money and power connected with them. Bitches, liqor expensive cars and houses. Everything from above was within his hand rage. He only have to take it.
Also Ryder betreal was a big suprise to me unlike Smoke's. I think you don't understand. Ryder was insulting Carl becouse he left them! He abandoned them why they needed him the most. And after five years he came back acting like nothing had happend hat would you do if you were Ryder? Pat Cj's head saying good boy?
Actually I think Tempenny and his crew are the biggest cowards in history. Frank and his lap dog escaped after they trying to kill. Why they didn't stay to finish the jobs like others characters in gta history? Ryder escaped becouse Carl and his allies outnumbered him and he didn't even have a gun.
I dunno why you like Smoke more. Isn't he the one who planned to kill Sweet and isn't he the one who started drug buissness? Or I am wrong?

I think it's a complete waste of time arguing with him.

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:36 PM Edited by watersgta3, 15 November 2016 - 10:38 PM.

I can understand that people dislike him for betraying CJ and Sweet and turning into a busta himself at the end, but beside that, why does everyone hate Ryder in the beginning of the story? He was pretty charismatic in the beginning of the game and had that smooth, rude attitude that cohered perfectly in the early 90s. I actually thought his rude attitude made him a great and unique character. Plus he's voiced by one of the great rappers of the West Coast, MC Eiht, who also played A-Wax in Menace II Society. A shame he had wasted potential. I truly thought R* could've given him more potential. He was capable of it.

• GTA_The_Series and Honker1944 like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:02 AM

I felt he was, Post Whetstone Arc, a wasted Character. It's like they didn't know what to do with him after The Green Sabre.

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:43 PM

Outside his betrayal, Ryder was a very useful character and loyal to his neighborhood until his treason came up in the storyline and a very effective gun supplier, tho' he was a cold-blooded killer whose greedyness wanted more and more which one lead to his dead.

"Smoke?! Smoke does exactly what he's told! He learnt that lesson long time ago!"

Smoke was easily manipulated by Tenpenny in first place to help him become the emperor of LS, when Smoke realized that Tenpenny's actions were taking him up he decided to build his own crack fortress and get his own sh*t straight. And no, Smoke never attempted to take Sweet down.

In fact, Tenpenny used Smoke and Smoke used Ryder.

Nitrous~
  • Nitrous~

:^)

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:33 PM

Ryder was nice at the beginning of the game, though I never liked him saying negative comments about CJ, and His missions were kinda useless.
  • SMACKED! likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users