The Driving Appreciation Thread

83 replies to this topic
Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:11 PM Edited by Scaglietti, 23 November 2015 - 02:14 PM.

Most of GTA V's supercars look like oversized Hotwheels cars IMO. Do I need to mention that hideous Zentorno thing? *shudders*

Speaking of supercars I love racing in GTA IV's Infernus. It has such great grip/chassis balance it feels like it's on rails.

I agree that the Zentorno is an ugly POS. Even the Veneno is cringeworthy IMO. I don't get why most Online players bought that monstrosity of a car. Felt like a cheap knockoff of the Sesto Elemento, rather than a uniquely designed copy. I do however appreciate the Osiris and the T20. Both cars are sublime and fantastic to drive. Rockstar really nailed it with those. No wonder I grinded to the death to get both cars.

Maybe it's just my taste in cars. Supercars in general don't do much for me. I'm more into muscle cars and classics. I would rather drive a rusty Tornado in GTA V than the hideous Zentorno.

Yeah and I'm more of a sedan/coupe/GT car guy. I've had more fun driving a Oracle II than most of the super cars in this game.

Spoiler

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:34 AM

Back to the driving itself. The thing I love the most about driving in GTA IV is the way vehicles react to different surface changes. You can feel every single bump/imperfection on the road. Even when it rains it has a noticeable effect. Cars become harder to control with less traction available.

It's these fine details that I've always enjoyed driving/racing in GTA IV.:)

• B Dawg, Tupiz, theGTAking101 and 4 others like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:36 AM

Back to the driving itself. The thing I love the most about driving in GTA IV is the way vehicles react to different surface changes. You can feel every single bump/imperfection on the road. Even when it rains it has a noticeable effect. Cars become harder to control with less traction available.

It's these fine details that I've always enjoyed driving/racing in GTA IV. :)

Yup. Walking how every car's unique suspension copes with the cobblestone streets of Suffolk and Little Italy never gets old. The Sentinel shakes all over the place whereas the Cognoscenti just soaks them up.

• Algonquin Assassin, Android and Payne Killer like this

Widowmakеr
  • Widowmakеr

Homie

• The Yakuza
  • United-Nations

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:25 AM

IV handling is lovely. It takes some time until you actually master the handling of a car, nothing is more accomplishing as letting a Super GT slide into corners without it spinning out or crashing into traffic.

• gunziness, Scaglietti and Payne Killer like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:50 AM

I'm gonna be honest, i know this is an appreciation thread and i should be possitive and :^: like, but bike handling is awful, it feels choppy and the bike "hiccups" on even the smallest detail in the floor (curves, bumps, pedestrians) sends you flying in weird directions with exagerated inertia.
  • Payne Killer and SmokesWithCigs like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:36 PM

I'm gonna be honest, i know this is an appreciation thread and i should be possitive and :^: like, but bike handling is awful, it feels choppy and the bike "hiccups" on even the smallest detail in the floor (curves, bumps, pedestrians) sends you flying in weird directions with exagerated inertia.

The bikes are crap. I'm really not focused on them at all in IV. I mean I do cruise around in the Freeway or PCJ-600 from time to time - partially because they have many different variants and I love that - but that's it.

• The Deadite likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:39 PM

Does anybody else love the Russian Benefactor Schafter?

ip4eQfg.jpg

There's a pearlescent grey and stone paint scheme for the Schafter which comes with blacked out rims similar to what you'd find on a stock Russian Schafter. That's how I like mine.

And overall, it's a badass sedan. It sounds like a muscle car, it loves to powerslide and it isn't a slouch either. Even though it isn't as fast as I'd like it to be - I mean come on it's a supercharged V12 going by the badges, it should at least do 0-60 in under 5 seconds - I still love it more than any sedan in GTA V. Rockstar at least tried with it. They made it look menacing with the black rims and V12 badges and the quad pipes and they made it sound mean as well. It's also fun to drive. All it lacks is speed whereas most of V's "sports" sedans lack everything but the badges and occasionally the look. They all sound like vacuum cleaners and perform like Karin Asteropes.

• Algonquin Assassin and Payne Killer like this

DrivingAddictGta
  • DrivingAddictGta

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:54 PM

My favourite I'd the banshee as well but I also like the classic sultan. Hah I even remember in gta 4 I used to drag race with all of us in sultans

Melancholia
  • Melancholia

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:47 AM

Upon first play, I hated the driving mechanics. I felt it was too delayed for my tastes. But upon growing older, I've fallen quite in love with the way a vehicle steers. I felt that the driving in other GTA games was too responsive. I can say that I find GTA IV's driving to be the most fun and satisfying to play in the series.

• O.Z, Algonquin Assassin and gunziness like this

JosephStalin
  • JosephStalin

Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.

• BUSTED!
  • Russia

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:04 AM Edited by FuckingYokel, 20 June 2016 - 10:09 AM.

My Favorite car is the Sabre GT, always had a soft spot for the Sentinel also. 

The Driving itself is the best in the series  I love cruising around Liberty city, 

come to think of it I Think it's the best in the genre !

• Algonquin Assassin and The American Army 1775 like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:10 AM

My Favorite car is the Sabre GT, always had a soft spot for the Sentinel. 

The Driving itself is the best in the series I love cruising around Liberty city.

I'm more favourable of the Faction personally. Good power to weight, reasonable chassis and suspension. It's great for racing IMO.:)

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:43 AM

My favourite Cars are Infernus, Sabre GT, Dukes and Comet etc.
My favourite bikes are NRG 900, Sanchez, Zombie, Hellfury, Hakuchou, Hakuchou Custom, Daemon, Diabolus etc.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

Back in the day i was the master at GTA IV overrealistic car physics, but today i was horrible at driving in gtaiv

I mean the car was overrealistic (or doesn't realistic at all?) i want the game to be fun, not too realistic. GTA V done perfect at handling

However i still like driving my beloved merit, and the cavalcade. Or riding a nrg-900 or the freeway throughout liberty city and alderney

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:14 PM

GTA V = perfect? Bitch plz. If you want a proper arcade driving experience, you should play San Andreas, not the abomination that is V.

• anthony, D9fred95 and StormBreaker like this

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:40 PM

driving in GTAV is horrible, every car spins when you apply power, its annoying and the car nadling is by far the worst in series. In GTA4 it feels like you are driving a car, one of my favourites is the Blista Compact, fun little car to drive.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:14 AM

Back in the day i was the master at GTA IV overrealistic car physics, but today i was horrible at driving in gtaiv

I mean the car was overrealistic (or doesn't realistic at all?) i want the game to be fun, not too realistic. GTA V done perfect at handling

However i still like driving my beloved merit, and the cavalcade. Or riding a nrg-900 or the freeway throughout liberty city and alderney

Fun's subjective though. I find GTA IV's more fun because the cars feel different and unique from class to class which in turn make driving more enjoyable/rewarding mastering each type.

However I wouldn't even call it that realistic. It's always felt like a good balance between arcade and simulation to me.

• GTA_fear, Scaglietti and Payne Killer like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:49 AM Edited by CGFforLife, 04 July 2017 - 07:03 AM.

However I wouldn't even call it that realistic. It's always felt like a good balance between arcade and simulation to me.

I don't really know. Some people say the driving feels like driving a boat and the car have somewhat bumpy landing. Some people say the driving is simply horrible, and since GTA V release people say the driving was like a driving simulator so i don't know if the driving is actually overrealistic, a good balance, a true driving simulator, or simply horrible

For me while the driving is somewhat hard, it still fun and also provide a little challenge

One thing i still don't understand, if GTA V handling is horrible then why a mod that change the GTA IV Handling into GTA V one even exist

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:35 AM Edited by B Dawg, 04 July 2017 - 09:52 AM.

One thing i still don't understand, if GTA V handling is horrible then why a mod that change the GTA IV Handling into GTA V one even exist

Because there will always be butthurt noobs who can't drive for sh*t or can't appreciate a well designed game aspect, nothing's gonna change that.

On the other hand, real men will seek to enhance the already good driving experience with Killatomate's Realistic Driving mod.

If you want to know how good a game's driving model is, you should ask Scaglietti :p

• Scaglietti and CGFforLife like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:23 AM Edited by CGFforLife, 04 July 2017 - 11:26 AM.

Because there will always be butthurt noobs who can't drive for sh*t or can't appreciate a well designed game aspect, nothing's gonna change that.

On the other hand, real men will seek to enhance the already good driving experience with Killatomate's Realistic Driving mod.

If you want to know how good a game's driving model is, you should ask Scaglietti :p

:lol:, anyway can you give me link to the mod?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:38 PM

Here

• CGFforLife likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:38 AM

Here

Thanks, I'll try it

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:12 AM Edited by anthony, 05 July 2017 - 07:13 AM.

GTA V = perfect? Bitch plz. If you want a proper arcade driving experience, you should play San Andreas, not the abomination that is V.

Vice City is pretty good too, driving in the Comet is so satisfying lmao.

• Payne Killer likes this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 6 days ago

I really love how curbs and bumps are deadly while driving at high speed and how it varies from car to car. Vehicles like the Cavalcade and the Cognoscenti goes through them smoothly while supercars have the tendency to spin out and scrape the bodywork.  Also I love how some cars have no ABS at all especially old cars. From my sim racing experience, I find GTA IV to be the perfect blend of simulation and arcade driving, even though it leans more on the arcade side. The handling feels natural, it feels diverse, and despite the "sim handling aspects" it's very easy to get used to. 

Furthermore, I really liked IV's representation of vehicular drivetrains. FF cars have the tendency to have major understeer if not driven correctly, FR tends to corner better, but at the expense of wheelspin through the rear wheels, MR cars are much better to drive at peak potential but can spin out with snap oversteer, and AWD cars being very grippy and easier to handle but at it's peak not as fun to drive as RWD vehicles.

GTA IV also does a great job with the weight transfer to the cars. The Futo or the Feltzer is a very balanced car to easily understand weight transfer within the physics in IV. When the car initiates a drift you can feel the rear skidding and light while the front is heavier and produces grip to create angle. Vehicles with soft suspension like the Cavalcade tends to roll and produce understeer with the car feeling like it's going to roll due to the heavy, soft, and bouncy characteristics. 

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, gunziness and 1 other like this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

My favorite is the Mafia's Sentinel XS, love the handling and the looks, plus its a nice throwback to the Mafia Sentinel from III

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users