• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:51 AM

Anybody else thinks that IV's driving isn't that hard at all? I do love the realistic feel of the vehicles in GTA IV. The body roll however is too overdone in my opinion though. Other than that it's perfect.  :)

It's not that hard, body roll it's what makes the driving for me, misses a bit of traction though, sometimes i feel like LC is covered in ice.

What has come to annoy me is the "wobbling" of vehicles, granted, i don't know how to drive, but i see cars all the time and is nowhere as notorious as in IV, less alone in flat terrain.
  • Payne Killer likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:15 PM Edited by Scaglietti, 15 November 2015 - 03:17 PM.

Anybody else thinks that IV's driving isn't that hard at all? I do love the realistic feel of the vehicles in GTA IV. The body roll however is too overdone in my opinion though. Other than that it's perfect.  :)

It's not that hard, body roll it's what makes the driving for me, misses a bit of traction though, sometimes i feel like LC is covered in ice.

What has come to annoy me is the "wobbling" of vehicles, granted, i don't know how to drive, but i see cars all the time and is nowhere as notorious as in IV, less alone in flat terrain.

I agree that the overly soft suspension work in this game was a bit overkill, but at least it's there. I'd rather have a lot of body roll than no body roll at all. And a lot of the sports cars don't seem to have too much of it. Really I think body roll in this game is only a problem with certain vehicles such as the:

• Cavalcade
  • Willard
  • Super GT
  • Presidente
  • Dukes

And a few others. Otherwise it's fine. I frequent car shows monthly and you get to see cars takeoff all of the time. The heavier cars, like the BMW M5s and Aston Martins  and Audis and sports SUVs, do indeed have a lot of body roll. A lot of body squat and dive too.

Again, I'd rather it be overdone than just not exist at all. It adds to the steering feel and the sense of weight. So far the only games I've seen execute body roll flawlessly are the Forza titles. You feel the weight in the steering but the weight shift when you corner isn't exaggerated but it's there. In V, it's just not there at all unless you're driving a huge utility vehicle.

And I don't particularly have a problem with the traction in this game, I got done playing Forza Horizon yesterday and even with traction control on, the driving is far more slippery than it is in IV.

• Algonquin Assassin, TheOneLibertonian and Payne Killer like this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

The Butcher of Blaviken

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:55 AM Edited by Diamond Dogs, 17 November 2015 - 03:56 AM.

I agree. Some of the cars have alright body roll, but like you I'll rather have body roll in vehicles than little to no body roll like in GTA V. Also the Forza titles execute them properly, I love all the Forza titles that I have. My favorite is FM4, followed by FM6. I also love the Horizon games, but Open World street racing is not my cup of tea, I prefer closed off circuit track racers. :)

Body roll makes lot's of vehicles have that steering input and you can feel the weight of the cars. One of the few reasons why GTA IV's driving stood a lot from other similar titles. Only Mafia 1 and 2 are the ones that are close to the diverse driving of GTA IV. Especially in Simulation Mode in Mafia 2, it's very enjoyable and cars don't have traction control. Sometimes I wonder that if GTA IV had an option that removes traction control. Like Slidey Cars in GTA V.

• Scaglietti likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:33 AM Edited by PulpFiction, 17 November 2015 - 04:34 AM.

The body roll only feels extreme on some of the SUVs IMO. The majority of the cars are spot on and yeah I would rather have body roll than cars that feel like they have steel rods for shock absorbers/sway bars.
  • Scaglietti likes this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

The Butcher of Blaviken

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:12 AM

Especially on the Rebla and the Huntley Sport. I feel that the body roll is overdone in those vehicles. Also counting the Dukes too. The body roll is all over the place, but other than that it's great.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:08 PM

Ywah the Huntley just wobbles away. It's surprisingly fast though, and very good off road due to it's flexible suspension.

VinceVega84
  • VinceVega84

not human

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:02 PM

my favorites in IV and EFLC are turismo and infernus for supercars, sultan RS for sports, tampa for muscle , voodoo for classics

X-Vector
  • X-Vector

Knight Who Says Nay

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:22 PM

Strange that for all the (reserved) criticism of GTA IV's exaggerated bodyroll no one has cared to mention Killatomate's Realistic Driving and Flying mod.

It's what turned my appreciation of the game's vehicle physics from "promising but awkward" to a definite "hell yeah" and that while using the less than ideal driving input method of keyboard and mouse.

The only downside to what I consider a virtually mandatory install is that it's somewhat ruined the 3D era GTA's for me when it comes to the "A" part.

I don't know if I have a favourite car; initially, I'd mostly drive the Coquette, but that was more because of the A-Team flashback than its zippy nature.

Enrique has been delivering more than a few Buffalos, a very useful vehicle due to its speed, easy control and sturdiness.

My vote in the sports cars category goes to the Super GT/F620 - very fast and nice to drive, while looking a lot more stylish than the typical speed demons.

Then again, most recently I've been enjoying cruising around Algonquin in a beat up Sabre, so as far as I'm concerned "it's all good".

• B Dawg and Scaglietti like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:27 PM

The Super GT is very good. It's fun to drive slow and fast and the styling, well I'm a big Aston fan so you already know.
  • B Dawg and TheOneLibertonian like this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

The Butcher of Blaviken

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:43 AM

The Super GT is very good. It's fun to drive slow and fast and the styling, well I'm a big Aston fan so you already know.

TBH, I really didn't like the Rapid GT in V for some reason. Probably the lack of an Aston grille ruined the overall look for me. I do love the Super GT a lot. It's one of the best and most stylish cars in IV. 

• B Dawg and Scaglietti like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The new age of Bowling is here!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:19 PM

Strange that for all the (reserved) criticism of GTA IV's exaggerated bodyroll no one has cared to mention Killatomate's Realistic Driving and Flying mod.

It's what turned my appreciation of the game's vehicle physics from "promising but awkward" to a definite "hell yeah" and that while using the less than ideal driving input method of keyboard and mouse.

The only downside to what I consider a virtually mandatory install is that it's somewhat ruined the 3D era GTA's for me when it comes to the "A" part.

The mod is super awesome, but for some reason I still prefer the default driving. It kind of feels like the city is too small for the mod, and would be a perfect match with GTA V instead.

• gunziness likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:46 PM

TBH, I really didn't like the Rapid GT in V for some reason. Probably the lack of an Aston grille ruined the overall look for me. I do love the Super GT a lot. It's one of the best and most stylish cars in IV.
I feel you. The Super GT made me feel like James Bond. The Rapid GT is okay but only in a certain way. I have a silver Roadster with black Sports Category: Mercie rims and it looks good that way. I'm also on last-generation, where the Rapid GT Roadster shared it's cockpit with the Super GT.

The only thing I find better than the Super GT with the Rapid GT is the exhaust note. Man it grumbles. The Super GT needs to roar but it doesn't. :(

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

The Butcher of Blaviken

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:49 PM

I feel you. The Super GT made me feel like James Bond. The Rapid GT is okay but only in a certain way. I have a silver Roadster with black Sports Category: Mercie rims and it looks good that way. I'm also on last-generation, where the Rapid GT Roadster shared it's cockpit with the Super GT.

The only thing I find better than the Super GT with the Rapid GT is the exhaust note. Man it grumbles. The Super GT needs to roar but it doesn't. :(

The Rapid GT Roadster looks great, but lacks what Astons have. Unlike the Super GT. My Rapid GT looks decent with blacked out Mercie Ch. Lip rims, and British Racing Green colour.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:10 PM

Oh I know what you're talking about. Aston Martins just have something about them that's almost magical. Sorry if I sound like a nut lol. The Super GT got it just right. The color choices, the grill, the doors, the cockpit, the acceleration and steering.

It's the perfect combination of elegance and sportiness with a look that is so badass and British.

Rockstar should've expanded on the super car lineup in IV. I think they would've excelled at it. Basically what they gave us was a taste of every genre. Grand Tourer = Super GT. Purest's Sports Car = Comet. Track Car = Turismo. Ostentatious Super Car = Infernus. I would've loved to see something like the Vantage or 599 GTB or Gallardo in IV. Would've been great. V finally added an abundance of super cars but a lot of them feel rushed and hastily slapped togethet.
  • TheOneLibertonian likes this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

The Butcher of Blaviken

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:17 PM

I think additional super cars in IV would be too much for the layout, but I would have loved to see more. I liked the addition of the Bullet GT in TBOGT. The sound is high revving and orgasmic. I agree on your point with Astons. They are so classy and at the same time they are very fast too. Power, Beauty, and Soul is the perfect definition of Aston Martin's. The Rapid GT lacked that soul of being an Aston. The Massacro reedemed Dewbauchee in V though. Such a wonderful vehicle.  

• Scaglietti likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:28 PM

I think additional super cars in IV would be too much for the layout, but I would have loved to see more. I liked the addition of the Bullet GT in TBOGT. The sound is high revving and orgasmic. I agree on your point with Astons. They are so classy and at the same time they are very fast too. Power, Beauty, and Soul is the perfect definition of Aston Martin's. The Rapid GT lacked that soul of being an Aston. The Massacro reedemed Dewbauchee in V though. Such a wonderful vehicle.

The Massacro is one of my favorite cars. Only thing though. They put all of that work into the front end and side profile but then reused the Rapid GT's rear end.

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

The Butcher of Blaviken

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:31 PM Edited by Diamond Dogs, 20 November 2015 - 03:31 PM.

Just added F430 styled rear diffuser for the Massacro. Probably to continue with the theme of having a 612 Scaglietti rear for the Super GT. I've always thought the Massacro is a fitting successor to the Super GT. Sometimes Rockstar do get lazy with vehicle ideas. That's a problem of mine being a car nut. Lol

• Scaglietti likes this

Android
  • Android

Popsicle

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:29 PM

Rockstar should've expanded on the super car lineup in IV. I think they would've excelled at it. Basically what they gave us was a taste of every genre. Grand Tourer = Super GT. Purest's Sports Car = Comet. Track Car = Turismo. Ostentatious Super Car = Infernus. I would've loved to see something like the Vantage or 599 GTB or Gallardo in IV. Would've been great. V finally added an abundance of super cars but a lot of them feel rushed and hastily slapped togethet.

The super car line up in V is really nice, but I'm more worried about the designs. IV had very realistic and beautiful designs, but imo, it went downhill quickly in V.

• Officer620 and Tupiz like this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

The Butcher of Blaviken

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:46 AM

The super car line up in V is really nice, but I'm more worried about the designs. IV had very realistic and beautiful designs, but imo, it went downhill quickly in V.

I agree, I liked some of the designs with the vehicles, but to be honest, Rockstar overblown the designs with the supercars. The Turismo R is a good example.

• Tupiz and Android like this

Android
  • Android

Popsicle

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:50 AM

The rear of the Turismo R is actually decent, but it's just the front that just turns me away :/

• TheOneLibertonian and Scaglietti like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:48 AM Edited by PulpFiction, 23 November 2015 - 01:48 AM.

Most of GTA V's supercars look like oversized Hotwheels cars IMO. Do I need to mention that hideous Zentorno thing? *shudders*

Speaking of supercars I love racing in GTA IV's Infernus. It has such great grip/chassis balance it feels like it's on rails.

• B Dawg, TheOneLibertonian and Scaglietti like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:54 AM

I never posted here, yet? Wtf.

OT: I love the car handling, each car feels different and it has been feeling better since I've been driving IRL too. Does anyone like how the Ruiner handles?
  • Algonquin Assassin and Scaglietti like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:20 AM

I agree, I liked some of the designs with the vehicles, but to be honest, Rockstar overblown the designs with the supercars. The Turismo R is a good example.

Agreed. I wasn't too fond of V's super cars until the Osiris and T20 came around. Now the T20... :sigh: That thing is art on wheels and drives even better than it looks. It reminds me of the Turismo from IV. And the Osiris is buttery smooth and gorgeous to look at from all angles in the right colors. I'm gonna hope for a proper Pfister competitor based on the 918 Spyder with the same level of detail as the T20.

Most of GTA V's supercars look like oversized Hotwheels cars IMO. Do I need to mention that hideous Zentorno thing? *shudders*

Speaking of supercars I love racing in GTA IV's Infernus. It has such great grip/chassis balance it feels like it's on rails.

I would've loved the Zentorno if it were for that hideous rear end and those gaudy "splitter" in the front.

And yeah, IV's Infernus was something. The level of grip it has is simply sublime. It's hard to lose control in that thing but understeer is kind of a problem.

I never posted here, yet? Wtf.

OT: I love the car handling, each car feels different and it has been feeling better since I've been driving IRL too. Does anyone like how the Ruiner handles?

I think the Ruiner is okay. I love the way it feels in the corners.

• TheOneLibertonian and Payne Killer like this

mp412rex
  • mp412rex

Purr.

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:54 AM

Behold: perfection (kinda)

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

The Butcher of Blaviken

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:07 AM Edited by Diamond Dogs, 23 November 2015 - 05:10 AM.

I agree that the Zentorno is an ugly POS. Even the Veneno is cringeworthy IMO. I don't get why most Online players bought that monstrosity of a car. Felt like a cheap knockoff of the Sesto Elemento, rather than a uniquely designed copy. I do however appreciate the Osiris and the T20. Both cars are sublime and fantastic to drive. Rockstar really nailed it with those. No wonder I grinded to the death to get both cars.
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg and Scaglietti like this

CodeRedBruh
  • CodeRedBruh

Instigator

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:00 AM Edited by CodeRedBruh, 23 November 2015 - 06:01 AM.

I agree that the Zentorno is an ugly POS. Even the Veneno is cringeworthy IMO. I don't get why most Online players bought that monstrosity of a car.

Uh, maybe because they liked that car? You know, the thing called different tastes? Typical IV fan attitude at display again.

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:46 AM

I agree that the Zentorno is an ugly POS. Even the Veneno is cringeworthy IMO. I don't get why most Online players bought that monstrosity of a car.

Uh, maybe because they liked that car? You know, the thing called different tastes? Typical IV fan attitude at display again.

You're the new MichiganMuscle77.

Cheers!

• Algonquin Assassin, theGTAking101, Scaglietti and 2 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:54 AM Edited by PulpFiction, 23 November 2015 - 09:08 AM.

I agree that the Zentorno is an ugly POS. Even the Veneno is cringeworthy IMO. I don't get why most Online players bought that monstrosity of a car. Felt like a cheap knockoff of the Sesto Elemento, rather than a uniquely designed copy. I do however appreciate the Osiris and the T20. Both cars are sublime and fantastic to drive. Rockstar really nailed it with those. No wonder I grinded to the death to get both cars.

Maybe it's just my taste in cars. Supercars in general don't do much for me. I'm more into muscle cars and classics. I would rather drive a rusty Tornado in GTA V than the hideous Zentorno.
  • B Dawg and Officer620 like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The new age of Bowling is here!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:00 PM

Different tastes argument simply doesn't apply to things like the Zentorno.

• Officer620 likes this

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:15 PM

They buy it because... well its the zentorno. Its not extremely expensive, good handling, bulletproof rear and its very popular.

If you think of it, the only supers that look award are the cheetah, the turismo r and the zentorno. The rest ones are actually pretty nice when it comes to design. Even the adder is a looker, they parodied the Veyron pretty well I gotta say. My only grip like I said before is the lack of brake and turning lights on the rear though.

The Turismo R. Good god, that thing is just hideous. At least the cheetah, while is not the best looker, you can notice its not rushed like the former, its just weirdingly designed.

OT: I miss the Super GT, that thing would have fit just nicely in LS, waiting at the street light on portola drive in a silver color...
  • Scaglietti likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users