Imponte Dukes Appreciation Thread

1,243 replies to this topic
JRC99
  • JRC99

Jackanape

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:29 AM

Wish i could make my own General Mayhem.

tumblr_myyrvozpjo1qbtqumo1_500.jpg

http://youtu.be/fS6AXjNcTPU?t=24m18s

Roadkill is better than every automotive TV show ever produced. That includes Top Gear UK.

• bensons, hesselgren, Spade115 and 3 others like this

HKM87
  • HKM87

Japanese cars are boring

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:46 AM

Looks like the promised 'new damage system/effects' are not true....so far at least.....till the game's officailly out.

o0eVe0o
  • o0eVe0o

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:06 AM

i didnt get a text so i dont think theres a midnight launch for it at my store :panic:  will have to wait till tomorrow morning to pick it up

But yeah i also do miss the gta 4 handling when i get it on my new pc its going to be the first mod i look for for sure. Cars actually felt like they had weight an bigger cars handled like a boat so they should lol.

Dottie
  • Dottie

Impossible relimitation on the main part

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:23 AM

Imponte Pukes.  :rol:

I've had a Buccaneer this whole time. Looks almost the exact same.

Except for you know:

the whole front

the whole back

the shape of the car

the shape of the roof

the interior

But other than that, looks exactly the same

Here you go:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Can't forget performance! Dukes is on par with a Blade and a Fusilade from the sports class. :p

According to the Social Club, The Buccaneer is slightly faster, and the Dukes has better Acceleration. The brakes and traction are the same.

Here you go

150220.jpg

• GoopHug likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:27 AM

Imponte Pukes.  :rol:

I've had a Buccaneer this whole time. Looks almost the exact same.

Except for you know:

the whole front

the whole back

the shape of the car

the shape of the roof

the interior

But other than that, looks exactly the same

Here you go:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Can't forget performance! Dukes is on par with a Blade and a Fusilade from the sports class. :p

According to the Social Club, The Buccaneer is slightly faster, and the Dukes has better Acceleration. The brakes and traction are the same.

Here you go

150220.jpg

Try wearing them dude, because the Buccaneer is faster.

1nxlxx.png

• 33d and minifat like this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:30 AM

Stats dont mean sh*t. Waiting to see where it falls in Fully modded testing. Gonna get anyways
  • Purealpha009 likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:41 AM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 17 November 2014 - 05:10 AM.

PS its called a Dukes but the car it self is closer to a 66-67 Buick Riviera when it comes to overal pointy/round shapes.

1967riviera050107.jpg

dukes2.jpg

Dukes-GTA4-rear.jpg

402025.jpg

132841_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

Then to a 69 Charger as many think.

General-Lee.jpg

1969_Dodge_Charger_green_R.jpg

And it has a 1st gen firebird grill.

108_kenneth_67_firebird.jpg

Stats dont mean sh*t. Waiting to see where it falls in Fully modded testing. Gonna get anyways

It was pretty much the slowest musclecar in GTA IV, so it being a bit on par with the Buccaneer would be expectable.

• ryd3r007, GrandTheftBatman and MitchMaljers like this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:49 AM

Looks charger enough for me
  • Danny-Vain, blk95ta and LukeMayhem like this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:58 AM Edited by TeammateAssist, 17 November 2014 - 04:59 AM.

It's called Dukes because Dukes of f*cking Hazzard. I mean COME ON, MAN. Why the hell would it be called Dukes, man? For the hell of it? Even the goddamn Tailgater name is based on something.

Plus look at the back, man. That is straight-up charger.
  • LukeMayhem likes this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:02 AM Edited by blk95ta, 17 November 2014 - 05:03 AM.

Dukes is definitely a 69 charger. Yes there are hints of other cars but the main bulk of the car is a 68-70 dodge charger. The fact it's called the dukes and R☆ coincidentally (or not) gave us the ability to put a flag on top proves this.
  • kamikazeedriver and LukeMayhem like this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:03 AM

It's called Dukes because Dukes of f*cking Hazzard. I mean COME ON, MAN. Why the hell would it be called Dukes, man? For the hell of it? Even the goddamn Tailgater name is based on something.

Tail lights and middle part, Entire sides are Riviera. Just look at those trunk lines, Same goes for the hood sides and the rounded curve of most of the car.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:04 AM Edited by blk95ta, 17 November 2014 - 05:14 AM.

Tail lights and middle part, Entire sides are Riviera. Just look at those trunk lines, Same goes for the hood sides and the rounded curve of most of the car.
The buccaneer is a riviera. The dukes is a charger. Front end only looks like a firebird because the headlights are exposed. Go look at the front of the dukes o death and tell me that doesn't resemble the front of a 69 charger, especially with the push bar. Also the rear flying buttress roof line is almost spot on if you look at a dukes without the rear window louvers.

The front end is a mix of a 69 and 70 charger with the headlight doors open. Here's a 70 with the chrome surrounding the front end. Add the split on the 69 model and you have the dukes front end. Half 69 and half 70 charger.

the-fast-and-the-furious-1970-dodge-char

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:12 AM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 17 November 2014 - 05:22 AM.

The buccaneer is a riviera. The dukes is a charger. Front end only looks like a firebird because the headlights are exposed. Go look at the front of the dukes o death and tell me that doesn't resemble the front of a 69 charger, especially with the push bar. Also the rear flying buttress roof line is almost spot on if you look at a dukes without the rear window louvers.

Look at the front bumper, look close to details, look at the open spots, its from a Riviera, look at the bulging lines of the hood, trunk ect, all Riviera, same goes for the overal lines of the car, the rounder curve look instead of the more straight lined Charger.

dukes2.jpg

402025.jpg

1966_buick_riviera-pic-42093.jpeg

Nothing from the front is exacly Charger ish, more Riviera/Firebird mix up, sure it looks something like it and R* wanted that. But most of the car, does not look like a Charger.

If you do not see this clearly, you are just lying to yourself because R* calls this car a Dukes. Simple as that. It has quite some characteristics of the Charger as well though.

It just looks more massive, curved and bulgy like the Riviera.

o0eVe0o
  • o0eVe0o

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:19 AM Edited by o0eVe0o, 17 November 2014 - 05:20 AM.

the lights on the dukes in gta 5 are actually closed off like the charger, they open up like eyes at night iv seen the animation.... i just wish it had the pheonix's wing so i could turn it into a daytona lol

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:24 AM Edited by blk95ta, 17 November 2014 - 05:26 AM.

the lights on the dukes in gta 5 are actually closed off like the charger, they open up like eyes at night iv seen the animation.... i just wish it had the pheonix's wing so i could turn it into a daytona lol

Oh they do close? Sweet!

Look at the front bumper, look close to details, look at the open spots, its from a Riviera, look at the bulging lines of the hood, trunk ect, all Riviera, same goes for the overal lines of the car, the rounder curve look instead of the more straight lined Charger.
dukes2.jpg
402025.jpg

Nothing from the front is exacly Charger ish, more Riviera/Firebird mix up, sure it looks something like it and R* wanted that. But most of the car, does not look like a Charger.

If you do not see this clearly, you are just lying to yourself because R* calls this car a Dukes. Simple as that. It has quite some characteristics of the Charger as well though.
It just looks more massive, curved and bulgy like the Riviera.
71-74 charger front looks almost identical to the dukes.

Dodge.383.magnum-black.front.view-sstvwf
/thread.
  • ryd3r007, GrandTheftBatman, Spade115 and 1 other like this

minifat
  • minifat

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:47 AM

Assuming the acceleration on both will be maxed after upgrading, the Buccaneer will have the same acceleration AND go faster.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:52 AM

Its not even out yet :miranda:

yeah well we have a blista compact appreciation thread
2 wrongs dont make a right
stop mini modding if mods let a blista compacr thread be up for a day why not dukes. Stop derailing my thread

Stop wanking over a virtual car that isn't even out yet please thanks.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:20 AM

Assuming the acceleration on both will be maxed after upgrading, the Buccaneer will have the same acceleration AND go faster.
ah but bucaneer has no spoiler available while dukes does so it gets a boost

Scuba 21
  • Scuba 21

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:59 AM

That's not how acceleration works.
It doesn't just max when the little stat bars stop.

Jedi_n1te
  • Jedi_n1te

Eventually all peasants bring it back 2 grammar

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:38 AM

i didnt get a text so i dont think theres a midnight launch for it at my store :panic:  will have to wait till tomorrow morning to pick it up
But yeah i also do miss the gta 4 handling when i get it on my new pc its going to be the first mod i look for for sure. Cars actually felt like they had weight an bigger cars handled like a boat so they should lol.

I got a text then they said sorry our bad not at ur store.. Lol not cool

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:58 PM Edited by xInfamousRYANx, 17 November 2014 - 02:58 PM.

Back on dukes topic. Blk95ta if you want some people to play cops in a dukes of hazzard remake i will help. That way you dont gotta rely on AI

minifat
  • minifat

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:06 PM

That's not how acceleration works.
It doesn't just max when the little stat bars stop.

not how acceleration works

You my physics professor?

henryborked
  • henryborked

Hostile take-over!

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:10 PM

Tailgater... because that's what Audi drivers are best at?

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

Back on dukes topic. Blk95ta if you want some people to play cops in a dukes of hazzard remake i will help. That way you dont gotta rely on AI

That would be badass. We should get some blaine county cars and setup some dukes vids.

Kachii
  • Kachii

This isn't even my final form

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:22 PM

Tailgater... because that's what Audi drivers are best at?

Yes, and I don't tailgate in mine lol

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:23 PM

That would be badass. We should get some blaine county cars and setup some dukes vids.
what i was thinking my gt is same as forum name

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:24 PM

Cant wait to set up my garage with all the chargers. :'D

Still pissed off that they called it imponte instead of bravado though.

• Rik96 likes this

owlboogie
  • owlboogie

Break Yo' Selfies

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:28 PM

I probably do a General Grant.

General-Dodge_Charger.jpg

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:32 PM

General-Dodge_Charger.jpg

ill prolly still paint mine orange with whatever flag has the jist of a rebel flag or just go usa

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:35 PM

ill prolly still paint mine orange with whatever flag has the jist of a rebel flag or just go usa

Lets slap germany on it and laugh at the people going "you nazi".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users