Photo

[REL | OPEN SOURCE] Red Dead Redemption Explorer

175 replies to this topic
reditec
  • reditec

DEV / SocialMediaManager / Translator / 18

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:04 PM Edited by reditec, 23 December 2015 - 07:05 PM.

I have done polish language :D
(Something might be wrong) but its ok 
idk why its says that it isn't finished in translations but i translated everything and saved

Thanks. I'll add a bunch of new words in the next 3 days. I nearly finished PS3 support and texture support for both platforms is also nearly finished. :)
  • Blackbird88 and jedijosh920 like this

HeySlickThatsMe
  • HeySlickThatsMe

Aidun penirse gives Jorgy chink a T-Boner

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:54 PM

Oh i know why it says that it isn't finished

there is 2nd page :p doing it now

• reditec likes this

ipanon
  • ipanon

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:44 PM

Very nice thanks :panic:

• reditec likes this

reditec
  • reditec

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:20 AM

Development is paused until Xenia supports Red Dead Redemption.
It'll be very easy then.

DeluxeMob
  • DeluxeMob

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:32 AM Edited by DeluxeMob, 23 February 2016 - 12:38 AM.

Can the dev send me a message. I wish to remain anonymous, but I can assure you, what you require for your further developments in RDR I can supply you with in .cpp format only
  • reditec likes this

reditec
  • reditec

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:16 AM Edited by reditec, 23 February 2016 - 06:20 AM.

Can the dev send me a message. I wish to remain anonymous, but I can assure you, what you require for your further developments in RDR I can supply you with in .cpp format only

Please write some random stuff to the offtopic (at least 5 posts or replies), you don't have enough points to use the messaging system. Either that or tell me your mail or Skype here :)

DeluxeMob
  • DeluxeMob

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:07 PM Edited by DeluxeMob, 25 February 2016 - 05:27 PM.

Please write some random stuff to the offtopic (at least 5 posts or replies), you don't have enough points to use the messaging system. Either that or tell me your mail or Skype here :)
Sorry, I will!!

Very good progress!
Glad to see somebody is really interested in RDR at least. Gread game and practically not discovered.

I also looked at the twisted's RPFTool source and can say that it is majority part messed up due to the usage of DevExpress framework. Thas was just annoying, I was unable to separate useful code and tons of DevExpress garbage, so the only decision was to find it and install, I spent about few days to download decent version. That was upset because the only thing DevExpress was useful to is interface improving and other design-related things.

The tool I developed on the base of twisted's RPFTool is OpenRDR.
I may send in PM it's source, but you still need DevExpress framework to compile.

Anyway, hope it can be helpful for your developments because I fixed major parts of twisted's unstable parts of code, for example, RPFTool was unable to replace files in *.rpf-archives correctly and x360 crashed on resource load. OpenRDR is much more bug-tested, we even tested simple mods on real Xbox 360.

logo.png

The things which are available in OpenRDR v.0.1:
- Full support for Xbox360 rpf's.
- Full support for PS3 rpf's.
- Any file extraction and replacement.
- Reach database of filenames (both platforms).

openrdr_0.1_1_thumb.jpg openrdr_0.1_2_thumb.jpg openrdr_0.1_3_thumb.jpg

Download OpenRDR v.0.1. right now
 (if you need source, just PM me)

Credits

Spoiler

Other developments I hope to publish...

I worked on the RDR research this spring and had some progress with: textures, flash and texts. Much thanks to SILENT_Pavel for help with testing and to Listener for his outstanding reverse engineering work, major help with understanding the whole RAGE logic. At least, I want to say that RDR is just too complicated to be researched, resource structure is really annoying. Unfortunately, I have only a bit of time as always, and can not do much work. To research whole RDR it's necessary to have a special community, not forces of 1-2-3 mid-experienced in programming people.

But anyway I hope to help if it will be much interested in RDR people.
Here are some screens:

rdr_textures_many_thumb.jpg

FontRDR_1_thumb.jpg FontRDR_2_thumb.jpg FontRDR_3_thumb.jpg FontRDR_4_thumb.jpg

rdr_xtd_modded_textures_1_thumb.jpg rdr_xtd_modded_textures_2_thumb.jpg

This work is partly unfinished, for example texture editor works well on Xbox360, but I haven't finished compatibility with PS3.
If there will be some interest, I will try to complete this and publish as much as possible... Unfortunately, anyway the things I discovered is about 1% of the whole RDR resources picture which is just amazing.

- Respectfully, Dageron.

Lol
  • reditec likes this

DeluxeMob
  • DeluxeMob

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:12 PM

I have done polish language :D
(Something might be wrong) but its ok 
idk why its says that it isn't finished in translations but i translated everything and saved

cookie?

reditec
  • reditec

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:52 PM

Don't expect something from him or from me for now. I'll come back one day to continue this tool, but right now I have to focus on real life and my other hobbies. I'm not having that much time for volunteer programming right now, but started exploring the world of sounds and music, it's fun too. RDR isn't dead and it has great modding potential, but it looks like all skilled people in the GTA modding community are either a bit selfish or don't have much time. Let's see what the OpenIV team will bring to the table. If there isn't any release until November this year, I'll start working on this tool again (maybe earlier). Sorry that there were no news in the last two months, tho. I won't start working with RW again, it simply is too old. It was great fun at the beginning, but I don't see a reason why I should program tools for older versions that are mostly played by "modders" (the people installing and using mods) or mod developers.
  • UltraGizmo64 likes this

DK22Pac
  • DK22Pac

• Feroci
  • Ukraine
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Award [Mods]

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:56 PM Edited by DK22Pac, 21 April 2016 - 06:03 PM.

Just imagine if rw was a new-gen engine...

Shadows, lights, dynamic destruction, ragdoll physics

and reditec's img editor for rw.

Spoiler

• Blackbird88, ThirteenAG, Tomasak and 5 others like this

Dageron RUS
  • Dageron RUS

• Members
  • Belarus

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:33 PM Edited by Dageron RUS, 19 June 2017 - 07:26 AM.

removed because of being useless

• reditec likes this

reditec
  • reditec

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:43 PM Edited by reditec, 23 May 2016 - 02:06 PM.

Reditec, unfortunately, I had no time to work on anything regarding gaming, etc. Including Red Dead Redemption. If I have any time, then I work. If not, then projects stay unfinished. Now I have plans to publish everything I finished and can make.  You can read this thread (mostly Russian): http://forums.expert...?showtopic=3663 . Feel free to use this boards and discuss everything in English (you may use simple services like https://translate.google.com to read them). Unfortunately, I visit gtaforums rather rare and really sorry for that.

Recently published:
- Console Texture Editor with RDR support (with source). It has support for *.xtd/*.ctd, *.xtx/*.ctx, *.xvd/*.cvd, *.xft/*.cft, *.xsf/*.csf.
- RDR Text SDK (with source). It has support for *.xst/*.cst and full rebuild using *.xml format.

Check this and this, please.

I write in Delphi and C#, maybe this is a good chance to implement edition/rebuild functions in your RDR RPF Explorer.

And here's a new hope. Thanks man, will now check your links and later reply more detailed :)

Edit: Interesting. The next update of RDR Explorer will be based on my own RPF classes. Currently I'm experimenting with Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis (I'll release another tool for that game soon, too). However there still are some troubles with TableTennis, but once I get it done, I'll get closer to build my own RDR RPF classes.

Dyuha322
  • Dyuha322

Дюха322

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:46 PM

Sorry for the stupid question but when the update?

Gege
  • Gege

ZoSo

• Members

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:24 PM

Did anybody export the map tile textures and put it together to complete the full map?

I quickly went through the thread but did not find anything.

DeluxeMob
  • DeluxeMob

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:41 PM

If redirected used what was sent to him a while back, you would see full support for this game.

GLITCHED MATRIX
  • GLITCHED MATRIX

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:45 AM

Very good progress!
Glad to see somebody is really interested in RDR at least. Gread game and practically not discovered.

I also looked at the twisted's RPFTool source and can say that it is majority part messed up due to the usage of DevExpress framework. Thas was just annoying, I was unable to separate useful code and tons of DevExpress garbage, so the only decision was to find it and install, I spent about few days to download decent version. That was upset because the only thing DevExpress was useful to is interface improving and other design-related things.

The tool I developed on the base of twisted's RPFTool is OpenRDR.
I may send in PM it's source, but you still need DevExpress framework to compile.

Anyway, hope it can be helpful for your developments because I fixed major parts of twisted's unstable parts of code, for example, RPFTool was unable to replace files in *.rpf-archives correctly and x360 crashed on resource load. OpenRDR is much more bug-tested, we even tested simple mods on real Xbox 360.

logo.png

The things which are available in OpenRDR v.0.1:
- Full support for Xbox360 rpf's.
- Full support for PS3 rpf's.
- Any file extraction and replacement.
- Reach database of filenames (both platforms).

openrdr_0.1_1_thumb.jpg openrdr_0.1_2_thumb.jpg openrdr_0.1_3_thumb.jpg

Download OpenRDR v.0.1. right now
 (if you need source, just PM me)

Credits

Spoiler

Other developments I hope to publish...

I worked on the RDR research this spring and had some progress with: textures, flash and texts. Much thanks to SILENT_Pavel for help with testing and to Listener for his outstanding reverse engineering work, major help with understanding the whole RAGE logic. At least, I want to say that RDR is just too complicated to be researched, resource structure is really annoying. Unfortunately, I have only a bit of time as always, and can not do much work. To research whole RDR it's necessary to have a special community, not forces of 1-2-3 mid-experienced in programming people.

But anyway I hope to help if it will be much interested in RDR people.
Here are some screens:

rdr_textures_many_thumb.jpg

FontRDR_1_thumb.jpg FontRDR_2_thumb.jpg FontRDR_3_thumb.jpg FontRDR_4_thumb.jpg

rdr_xtd_modded_textures_1_thumb.jpg rdr_xtd_modded_textures_2_thumb.jpg

This work is partly unfinished, for example texture editor works well on Xbox360, but I haven't finished compatibility with PS3.
If there will be some interest, I will try to complete this and publish as much as possible... Unfortunately, anyway the things I discovered is about 1% of the whole RDR resources picture which is just amazing.

- Respectfully, Dageron.

I am really interested in what you are showing here in its current state. Would there happen to be any kind of release that I can use? I can't seem to open any files outside of undead nightmare dlc. Original xtd files of rdr don't open in any program no matter what I use unless there is a program nobody is sharing and yours looks the best as far as I've seen.

reditec
  • reditec

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:21 AM

Wait for a RDR EXPLORER Update and check out ExpertArts.com. OpenRDR is worse than RDR Explorer.

xAtom
  • xAtom

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:30 AM

Is it possible to change a image to automatically set all mipmap without having to resize the image then import it each time? Since GTA Console Texture Editor is used to edit RDR files :)

ReeceMix
  • ReeceMix

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:55 AM

Are there any more Updates to this ,

The Rage Noesis plugin extracts the RPFs and Identifies the model/texture data extensions, but It doesn't properly name the folders.

This one Names the folders but doesnt identify the model extensions

The RDR Explorer EXE is also Identified as a Virus with Zone Alarm ... I'm sure it isn't , its just annoying to have to turn off the antivirus.

I'm also not sure which is the most recent program. RPF Tool and OpenRDR also do the same thing.

I seriously doubt OPENIV will ever support RDR nor understand why they sit on the RageBlack informations

reditec
  • reditec

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:08 PM

Are there any more Updates to this ,

The Rage Noesis plugin extracts the RPFs and Identifies the model/texture data extensions, but It doesn't properly name the folders.
This one Names the folders but doesnt identify the model extensions

The RDR Explorer EXE is also Identified as a Virus with Zone Alarm ... I'm sure it isn't , its just annoying to have to turn off the antivirus.

I'm also not sure which is the most recent program. RPF Tool and OpenRDR also do the same thing.
I seriously doubt OPENIV will ever support RDR nor understand why they sit on the RageBlack informations

My tool is right now the most advanced one. The Noesis plugin is bullsh*t. It's mostly bruteforcing, there's no system behind it, the dev passed away, so don't expect anything from them. Anyways please show me on a screenshot what you mean with identifying. My tool is right now just a help for devs who want to mess with the formats. OpenIV guys are working on RDR support and have announced it already (the main reason why I stopped working on this project). Additionally a third party is working on another tool.

Also: My tools aren't viruses, I think it's because of Advanced Installer, the only way to prevent that is to send the file to Zone alarm. Despite of that... Zone alarm sucks.

ReeceMix
  • ReeceMix

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:31 AM Edited by ReeceMix, 02 February 2017 - 10:06 AM.

My tool is right now the most advanced one. The Noesis plugin is bullsh*t. It's mostly bruteforcing, there's no system behind it, the dev passed away, so don't expect anything from them. Anyways please show me on a screenshot what you mean with identifying. My tool is right now just a help for devs who want to mess with the formats. OpenIV guys are working on RDR support and have announced it already (the main reason why I stopped working on this project). Additionally a third party is working on another tool.

Also: My tools aren't viruses, I think it's because of Advanced Installer, the only way to prevent that is to send the file to Zone alarm. Despite of that... Zone alarm sucks.

um .. The Noesis plugin does EXACTLY the same thing OpenRDR & RDRExplorer does. 

I've extracted Twice using OpenRDR & Noesis

comp.png

With the added bonus of the RSC85 Extension and it opens the Models

OpenRDR seems to get filenames right but many of the extensions are wrong.

crap.png

It also opens RSC01 texture archives, calling it Bullsh*t is a bit harsh, secondly I have also contacted Revelation on Xentax , who is still alive, says he is planning an update to the plugin .. but the rage_engine plugin has been out for a while so I don't expect it to be any time soon.

Zone Alarm says this:

troj.jpg

I trust that it isnt a Trojan and I understand the concept of 'false positives' , like I said its just annoying and took me ages to find an alternate tool, OpenRDR has no problems, also I've been using ZA since it was originally released, It far from sucks.

The sooner devs publicly work together the sooner John Marsden can get in that wind up car and 'Gouranga' fools in a GTAV environment.  With the added bonus that Rockstar might take notice and release RDR on PC (The console licence must have ended by now)

MarioSonic2987
  • MarioSonic2987

Player Hater

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:24 AM

http://www.emunewz.n....php?tid=177087 - RDR goes until Rockstar's intro in RPCS3.

PD: I want to help in this project with translating into Spanish (Spain). Could you create a entry for this language?

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

http://www.emunewz.n....php?tid=177087 - RDR goes until Rockstar's intro in RPCS3.

xenia (xbox 360) emulator got already into game like a year ago, sadly with graphical bugs and missing collision

PD: I want to help in this project with translating into Spanish (Spain). Could you create a entry for this language?

I think tool is dead/on-hold

MarioSonic2987
  • MarioSonic2987

Player Hater

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

xenia (xbox 360) emulator got already into game like a year ago, sadly with graphical bugs and missing collision

I think tool is dead/on-hold

Now, in RPCS3, reaches title screen:

Spoiler

• anthony likes this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:06 PM Edited by anthony, 15 March 2017 - 05:17 PM.

Is there a way to mod the game like GTA 4 on PC using your tool ? I mean what the inside look like, can I browse, extract and replace or switch the outfits textures/models for example ? Is the folder and files structure are messy ? Because actually I never saw the structure of the game, I'm very curious about what can be done.

lafincow12
  • lafincow12

Me

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:17 AM

How's the coding going DamnedDev?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users