Photo

[REL | OPEN SOURCE] Red Dead Redemption Explorer

175 replies to this topic
reditec
  • reditec

DEV / SocialMediaManager / Translator / 18

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:45 PM Edited by reditec, 25 November 2015 - 05:52 AM.

Status report

We've got multiple new members in our team now.

I worked on trying to add PS3 support today, but it's no that easy. I couldn't find a way to get the key out of the .ELF or whatever file the AES key contains.

This doesn't mean we won't add PS3 support, but we won't add PS3 support probably in the next update.

I need a command line tool that works with parameters to convert .bin or SELF to ELF. (like xextool)

And then a tool to extract the key of that ELF file.

I found a python script to do the first thing, maybe we'll use that.

I progressed with subtitle file viewing, but not everything about that format is clear to me, yet.

Kilian (PrograMan) works on including lzx decompression, we're very close.

After that (probably tomorrow or in the very next days) he'll take a first look at the fragments. Leeao joined our team and will probably work together with Jonathan "DamnedDev" on the 3DS Max importer.

Some of you might wonder why I don't publish daily updates, as this is OpenSource programming.

The answer is simple: We won't publish unfinished stuff, or at least we try to avoid it. The source of the tool and the tool is public, but the behind-the-scenes-stuff isn't.

So please don't wonder why it sometimes looks like this topic is inactive.

It's not, we're just developing... or are busy with real life :D

Have a nice day :)

• Tomasak likes this

DamnedDev
  • DamnedDev

Gaming That Damned

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:24 AM Edited by DamnedDev, 25 November 2015 - 01:33 AM.

First of all you PrograMan didn't say he was doing that. You did say fastman did the LZX compression. Not really understanding why you need him to re-do work that's already done. Also Leeao didn't say he was doing that. He's just helping with research on placements for models.

Any ways model support is near so we might see map stuff by next month or few weeks. We can hope for best results by that time.

reditec
  • reditec

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:50 AM

PrograMan does the LZX decompression right now by using a DLL that was put into a C++ project and now works, because fastman and me made it working.

It's not done yet, because I'm pretty sure it's better if he sees what that class exactly does. Also I'm not able to convert that C++ code to C# and fastman hasn't so much time.

Kilian / PrograMan added him for exactly that purpose. He already created a 3DSMAX importer, so why shouldn't he create ours?

DamnedDev
  • DamnedDev

Gaming That Damned

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:38 AM Edited by DamnedDev, 25 November 2015 - 08:50 AM.

PrograMan does the LZX decompression right now by using a DLL that was put into a C++ project and now works, because fastman and me made it working.

It's not done yet, because I'm pretty sure it's better if he sees what that class exactly does. Also I'm not able to convert that C++ code to C# and fastman hasn't so much time.

Kilian / PrograMan added him for exactly that purpose. He already created a 3DSMAX importer, so why shouldn't he create ours?

I'm sure Kilian will tell you the same. Any ways on other not really it wasn't a 3DS Max script, it was for something else. The way it was planned, it was to edit rdr models to use IV shaders with few edits into IV format. That it works with gims which is an existing plugin for 3DS Max. Either way I will message you on Skype. You really should wait before posting a status update before we all decide to note anything if it needs to be edited or added in. I just want info that's 100% certain that everyone agree's with if you don't mind.

Any ways enough of that carry on.

• jedijosh920 likes this

Mr. Leisurewear
  • Mr. Leisurewear

Gena ?

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:13 AM

Dude you said to me LZX was already implemented into C# , and the latest source could use it , because you said "i haven't included dll yet".

And also it's not the fragments but the static models, fragments will come later....

• jedijosh920 and DamnedDev like this

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:17 AM

Also I'm not able to convert that C++ code to C# and fastman hasn't so much time.

For to make something advanced you have to count on yourself and not one another.
  • DamnedDev likes this

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

DualShock 3 Buttons EVERYWHERE

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:48 AM Edited by Blackbird88, 25 November 2015 - 11:49 AM.

RPCS3 the PS3 emu decrypts the SELF into ELF automatically if that's what you need. Maybe some other tools do too :)

• reditec likes this

reditec
  • reditec

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:11 PM

RPCS3 the PS3 emu decrypts the SELF into ELF automatically if that's what you need. Maybe some other tools do too :)

Good to know. I already have an ELF file created by some third party software. I still can't find the AES key inside (at least I can't find it with Hex Editor)

But the RPF files can be opened with the Xbox key and are in the same format as the Xbox RPFs. So the tool already supports PS3 RPFs, but no formats and not the "find-the-key" feature.

habuj58
  • habuj58

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:27 PM Edited by habuj58, 25 November 2015 - 03:35 PM.

I had way to much time on my hands a little while back and put together the map. Its pretty effing big. It would be nice to get the character textures if you guys can find where they are. Only marstons texture is easily found atm.

• Frank.s, UltraGizmo64, BlackScout and 2 others like this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:41 PM

Where did you get a map? Is it in the same scale as in game?

Mr.Kurowski
  • Mr.Kurowski

Biggest Paul Kurowski fan.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:44 PM Edited by Dacia1310, 25 November 2015 - 05:00 PM.

edit.

DamnedDev
  • DamnedDev

Gaming That Damned

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:05 PM

I had way to much time on my hands a little while back and put together the map. Its pretty effing big. It would be nice to get the character textures if you guys can find where they are. Only marstons texture is easily found atm.

Well f^cking hell nice. But that has no UV cords and missing stuff. But sh*t that's amazing, Are they manually placed? If so it still be useful since we yet to handle placement files yet.

habuj58
  • habuj58

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:22 PM

Where did you get a map? Is it in the same scale as in game?

The terrain tiles are in the RSC8A files. And going off of the default player size in ue4, I do believe it is to scale.

Well f^cking hell nice. But that has no UV cords and missing stuff. But sh*t that's amazing, Are they manually placed? If so it still be useful since we yet to handle placement files yet.

You are correct these are just the raw objects. I didn’t get all of them around the edges but what you see there is made up of 120+ tiles that I pieced together. There are also large lod versions made up of multiple tiles, and then more detailed ones that are just a single tile. The ones you see in the video are the larger ones, it would have taken forever to make the dam thing if I used the smaller ones.

DamnedDev
  • DamnedDev

Gaming That Damned

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:31 PM

You are correct these are just the raw objects. I didn’t get all of them around the edges but what you see there is made up of 120+ tiles that I pieced together. There are also large lod versions made up of multiple tiles, and then more detailed ones that are just a single tile. The ones you see in the video are the larger ones, it would have taken forever to make the dam thing if I used the smaller ones.

What i would had done if i was manually doing it is in 3ds max i use the snap tool to snap them perfectly in place. Problem is most likely it's missing some glue and other models that blends on top of the desert. But it's still interesting to see it manually done like that.

Mr. Leisurewear
  • Mr. Leisurewear

Gena ?

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:06 PM

All LOD0 tiles + LOD1 + lowest lod surrounding tiles

http://postimg.org/i...l4ha95rnp/full/

• Blackbird88, reditec and habuj58 like this

habuj58
  • habuj58

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:30 PM

What i would had done if i was manually doing it is in 3ds max i use the snap tool to snap them perfectly in place. Problem is most likely it's missing some glue and other models that blends on top of the desert. But it's still interesting to see it manually done like that.

I just started using 3ds max so I'm not very good with it yet but that sounds like it would make things a lot easier.

All LOD0 tiles + LOD1 + lowest lod surrounding tiles

http://postimg.org/i...l4ha95rnp/full/

Now thats impressive. Did you place each tile by hand?

• Mr. Leisurewear likes this

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:59 PM

RDR has a size that is comparable or bigger than GTA SA but the playable area is only around GTA 4 map (minus the water of course).....

What a waste of space

Mr. Leisurewear
  • Mr. Leisurewear

Gena ?

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:33 PM

I'm not in this project anymore due to internal disputes and drama and incompetence, in that case i don't want to have anything to do with project anymore , good riddance.

• DamnedDev likes this

reditec
  • reditec

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:03 PM Edited by reditec, 26 November 2015 - 07:03 PM.

I'm not in this project anymore due to internal disputes and drama and incompetence, in that case i don't want to have anything to do with project anymore , good riddance.

Obviously yes, you could have quitted in a easier way, but you chose the hard one for whatever reason...

I also kicked DamnedDev from the group and had to make the link to join the group not work anymore. He was very annoying and didn't write one line of code, so it's not a very big loss.

Anyone else who wants to participate can add me at Skype: spielereditec

I'm the guy who came up with the idea to create such a tool and I had to read a lot of bullsh*t in the last days (people trying to rate my management and coding skills...)

Everyone knows I'm the creator of this project. If anyone has a problem with that, please don't join. All that was clear before they joined the project. I'm just pretty annoyed right now.

I'll ignore every post related to these events, because this is the Mod - Showroom and no discussion forum. If anyone has questions, he may write me a private message or text me at skype.

==========

I'll publish the latest changes to GitHub very soon. I was thinking all day whether it's good to put more work into this project. Some guy has told me PrograMan started silently working on his own tool. If he publishes his tool as an Open Source tool, I'll probably use the new stuff and integrate it into this tool. (but then there is no real reason why I should put much other work than UI stuff into this tool, if PrograMan researches anything anyway)...

If it's not open source, we'll work like we prviously worked (researching on our own), but we'll be probably slower.

I don't know if we'll be able to provide static model support as fast as expected - probably not.

This seems to be a really selfish community when it comes to OpenSource projects. I begin to understand GooD and his guys. They fully control the project and no-one can steal their code without getting into serious trouble.

Thanks to anyone who contributed to the last update, by the way.

Thanks.

• BlackScout likes this

DamnedDev
  • DamnedDev

Gaming That Damned

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:03 PM Edited by Jestic, 26 November 2015 - 08:10 PM.

We both officially left the project. Me and ProgaMan will work on our own tool called .White stay tuned. To whom ever wants to join and help us it will be gretful. 

Furthermore without doing this project doesn't mean the port of the map and such won't happen. Infact .White Program is alot further and we have nearly finished model support and such. When i worked on IVLS ProgaMan was on team. He is a talented programmer but shame Felix aka reditec treated him badly. More info on research and porting will be posted when the tool is ready for a first release. It's up to PrograMan to post a topic on it in Tools Section on this site.

I also kicked DamnedDev from the group and had to make the link to join the group not work anymore. He was very annoying and didn't write one line of code, so it's not a very big loss.

You never listened to me. Nor wanted to listen. I suggested you and PrograMan to make up but you refused.

John has never written a line of code in his life, either he implied\said he could OR you assumed that he could without even verifying it. It's after all your responsibility to monitor who joins the team and has access to the source code.

He assumed and i stated i was never gonna write code for his tool. And he tried forcing me to write and learn code when i told him millions times what i signed up for. Just to explain his. I was on there to help port the map and peds and ect,

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:38 PM Edited by Jestic, 26 November 2015 - 08:35 PM.

John has never written a line of code in his life, either he implied\said he could OR you assumed that he could without even verifying it. It's after all your responsibility to monitor who joins the team and has access to the source code.

I'll publish the latest changes to GitHub very soon. I was thinking all day whether it's good to put more work into this project. Some guy has told me PrograMan started silently working on his own tool. If he publishes his tool as an Open Source tool, I'll probably use the new stuff and integrate it into this tool. (but then there is no real reason why I should put much other work than UI stuff into this tool, if PrograMan researches anything anyway)...
If it's not open source, we'll work like we prviously worked (researching on our own), but we'll be probably slower.

One thing i'd like to say here is that PrograMan did not start making his own tool out of revenge after you guys had your dispute. I've known him for about 2 years now and he always had a keen interest in RDR and the technology behind it. He was even researching the game back then and managed to get the map over to Unity.

This seems to be a really selfish community when it comes to OpenSource projects. 

You don't say. :p 

I'll ignore every post related to these events, because this is the Mod - Showroom and no discussion forum. If anyone has questions, he may write me a private message or text me at skype.

Glad you said that so I don't have to.

Any off-topic made after this will be removed. Take it to PM or Skype guys.

Best of luck to both teams, hope at least one manages to extract models and textures.

• Frank.s and DamnedDev like this

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:32 PM

Well thats unfortunate,this thread were like among the first group that took a huge progress for RDR format.
  • reditec likes this

reditec
  • reditec

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:43 PM

Well thats unfortunate,this thread were like among the first group that took a huge progress for RDR format.

We aren't the first.

But I won't explain that more detailed in the public.

I'm a bit sad about all this events, it's not like I want to end this. I will try to continue developing it and there are still two things i can do: Audio and Subtitle files.

But after that, someone else needs to help me with research. And that guy won't be fastman (he's busy) or PrograMan for sure.

reditec
  • reditec

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:12 PM Edited by reditec, 27 November 2015 - 04:12 PM.

Status report

I'm currently working on documentating all the resource identifiers and implementing a script to decompress LZX (now we will probably use a quickbms script)

The problem is, that the xcompress.dll works fine, but I'm not able to run it properly on an example file because of lack of C++ knowledge.

That's why I'll finally start learning C++ this evening

In the next update an export this folder's contents and an export RPF contents will be included.

(Also an LZX extractor)

The UI stuff for this is not finished yet, but it's easy for me to implement it.

Tomorrow's my 18th birthday, so I probably won't upload something tomorrow :)

Have a nice day :)

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• The Connection
  • England

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:04 PM

Niiice! What's that one cube at the end of the map by it self though? Poor bastard is lonely

reditec
  • reditec

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 29 November 2015 - 03:21 PM Edited by reditec, 29 November 2015 - 07:35 PM.

LZX extraction update will be published today 8pm (GMT / british timezone) along with some other features.

I finally figured out that RSCManager (by Dageron) comes with a RSCUnpacker that accepts command-line arguments <3 :O

Bad news: I wasted over a week with trying to figure out how resources needs to be extracted, because Dageron published the source of his tool as Delphi code and I know Delphi and not even C++. *mega-facepalm*

Big apologize for fastman working on that stuff for hours. :/ I hope he is not angry at me... :D

All the other changes will be announced together with the release.

Expect a bug fix build for this release in the next two days as I know for sure there still are some bugs I couldn't fix yet.

Edit: Expect a 30 - 60 minutes delay (am dinnering, one simple feature is half-completed and the changelog is not written yet)

• UltraGizmo64 and Quant like this

reditec
  • reditec

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:57 PM Edited by reditec, 29 November 2015 - 10:04 PM.

e75a76d0cc.png

I just finished my work on Build 3 of RDR Explorer (RDR Explorer 1.01).

This build finally is able to decompress LZX compressed files and allows you to extract

multiple files from RPF archives. Sadly extract whole folder support still is not working as perfect as I want, so I left it

out and am still working on it.

Some new people joined our team, find the names in the credits (we still need good reverse engineers :p )

I'll release a fixed version of this release within the next few days. It will come with new features and a translation system.

I'll make the translation process very easy and public, so you guys will be able to translate it without any third party software or coding knowledge.

Download at:

http://reditec.github.io/

New:

Features:

- Extract multiple files (not folders)

- Extract GFX and .SYS (LZX decompression)

- Code cleanup

- New Entries in KnownFilenames.txt

Fixes:

- TONS of bug fixes

- Removed duplicates in KnownFilenames.txt (wrong algorithm)

Known Issues:

- Size of files inside RPFs sometimes wrong

- LZX tries to uncompress entire folders -> crash

Have a nice day and keep contributing :)

Source available at GitHub

Binaries available at GitHub

Have a nice day!

Credits for this release:

- Reditec (main development)

- Dageron (LZX)

- fastman92 (LZX research support)

- TheRouletteBoi (early state PS3 research)

- Tank (C++ dev support)

- Frank.s and Sleepy93HUN (testing)

I'll need a translation manager for the next release. Any volunteer?

Please report all bugs you encounter to this topic

• Frank.s, Mega, UltraGizmo64 and 2 others like this

reditec
  • reditec

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:51 PM

I will publish a new version of the source today (no new binaries) that is translatable. After that I'll set up the online translation system. Stay tuned.

habuj58
  • habuj58

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:43 PM

Yea :) , but there is a little trick , if you set each tile's position to 0,0,0 it automatically is placed correctly , you don't need to have a sort of placement :D

There pivots are set to origin manually

Ah that explains why meshes are wildly offset when you bring them into the editor. I was wondering what was up with that. I like puzzles so it was pretty fun putting it together just by using the rdr map and other refrences. It also went suprisingly fast so I just kept going.

Niiice! What's that one cube at the end of the map by it self though? Poor bastard is lonely

I couldnt figure out where it went and just forgot to remove it.

• reditec likes this

reditec
  • reditec

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:12 PM

NEWS:

Finally the translation process is done and you guys can start translating the project using this website: https://openrw.onesk...roject?id=51001 (click the second link)

My friend Igor (known as IgorX here) will take care of the importing phrases process. He will integrate all strings you guys translate into the source code, so you guys can use the tool in the language of your choice.

Happy translating! :)

• UltraGizmo64 and Quant like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users