Quantcast

» «
Photo

Have You Ever Been Outside of Your Country?

150 replies to this topic
Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:11 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 17 June 2017 - 03:13 PM.

Lucky to have travelled to a few places: 

Spain/Catlunya (Barcelona & Canaries)

Portugal

Turkey

England

Wales x3

Scotland x3

Germany

France x 2

Italy x 3

Nederlands x 2

Isle of Man

Czech

Would love to tour the USA, Canada, South America. Would also love to see Japan, Hong Kong and even closer places like Sweden, Denmark, Norway. I would really love to be able to afford to travel again. It's been a long time since I've been anywhere for more than 3 days. Would also like to visit more of eastern Europe, Poland, Slovakia, Romania and Hungary etc

Pete4000uk
  • Pete4000uk

Soldier

• GTAF Crew
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:24 PM

I've been to Wales. (I'm from England but can just see a bit of Wales on a clear day)

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:56 PM Edited by fashion, 17 June 2017 - 07:57 PM.

I really want to see the world outside of Europe and it's a life goal to travel somewhere far away on a vacation. I'm obsessed with going to Australia someday but it's a very expensive destination.

Been on a trip/vacation(s) to the following countries:
- GB (Just England though)
- Germany
- Belgium
- Luxemburg
- France
- Poland (Krakow is gorgeus)
- Czech Republic
- Denmark

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:11 PM

I went to New York twice as a child. That's about it lol

I really want to visit the US again. My short term plans include riding the California Zephyr from Chicago, because choo choo motherf*ckers.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:51 PM Edited by gtamann123, 17 June 2017 - 08:55 PM.

Never have and never will. I really have no desire nor see any reason to travel internationally. And I don't think it's worth the risk when you're from the most hated country on the planet. Plus I can have an entire life worth of sightseeing within my own country.

ShadowPerson
  • ShadowPerson

Intergalatic Empress of Evil.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:04 PM

Recently Italy, Spain and Japan.

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:46 PM

I've only been to Finland. Seen Helsinki at a glimpse, visited Turku and Vantaa.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:58 PM Edited by jpm1, 25 June 2017 - 07:04 PM.

French, born in Madagascar, lived 10 years in Colombia when my dad worked there. here are all the countries i had the luck to visit during my life

ZKhSLKm.png

i'd really like to visit Grand téton national park Wyoming, and Santorini Greece some day. what you see above it's my friend list, but it's mine in fact, i wasn't connected when i took the shot

Efreet
  • Efreet

'Jabalous' in a previous life

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:06 PM Edited by Jabalous, 25 June 2017 - 07:07 PM.

I could've been outside my country several times, but my fear of flying and hate of crowded spaces won't let me  :lol:

Hopefully will come over them at some point of time...

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:24 PM

compared to cars planes are much, much, much, much secure :lol:

Efreet
  • Efreet

'Jabalous' in a previous life

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:21 AM

Statistically true, but I've discovered that I hate not being in control of my destiny. For example, I don't trust others driving me when I'm a car passenger. 

• jpm1 likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:40 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 26 June 2017 - 03:58 PM.

Never have and never will. I really have no desire nor see any reason to travel internationally. And I don't think it's worth the risk when you're from the most hated country on the planet. Plus I can have an entire life worth of sightseeing within my own country.

Dude, the USA is an easy target for people to project their negativity on. The USA's culture is spread across the world through TV, music, films and fast food. People like the USA more than you'll know. Most people that denounce the USA usually just dislike some aspect about the USA be it politics or whatever which may or may not be justified but for the most part, people all over usually want to visit the USA and have no problems with Americans or have a cousin or uncle that lives there. Americans abroad are generally nice people and usually have a curiosity for the local people and appreciation for the places they travel. Yes, there's some idiots abroad that get a culture shock when things aren't as back home but that attitude isn't strictly a US thing.

I really wouldn't write-off travelling abroad. It's really an amazing and eye-opening experience and an amazing learning experience. I know it's cliched to say it but it's really one of those things where you have to be there to understand. I agree with you that you have a treasure-trove of places to visit in the US and it's a diverse country but nothing beats stepping in to an old medieval city like Prague, walking down cobbled narrow streets, seeing medieval architecture and left over remnants of a hundreds of years of history as well as old regimes. 

Or walking through a seaside town in Italy, taking in the smells of freshly made foccaccia and pizza, seeing vastly different and typical Italian style architecture, passing beautiful women, hearing people speak in their native Italian, soaking in the sun, meeting new, friendly people. 

You can see travel shows and they only show 0.5% of what you see and feel in the places. Stepping in to a new country in a foreign land is like that new GTA feel except you are living in it.So much to do, so much to explore and see. 

I know it's easier for a European as myself to travel to a new country as we've so many different countries and cultures packed in to a relatively smaller space but we live in a time when travel has been it's least expensive as ever. Many people that lived before us would have died to be in our position that we can pay a few hundred dollars and travel to far away lands in a matter of hours. We also have sites like couchsurfing.com and Air B&B where accommodation is next to nothing. A few hundred dollars you could travel to Europe, stay with people on couchsurfing and travel though a few countries in a few days. 

Spoiler

And then there's this: 

• jpm1, The Deadite, Neon_Dreaming and 1 other like this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:53 PM Edited by SouthLand, 26 June 2017 - 05:53 PM.

^ I find it hilarious how many holidays and traditions that take place in Spain are seen as a National thing by foreigners, when in reality, it just takes place in a small town. :D

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:54 PM Edited by fashion, 26 June 2017 - 06:55 PM.

Statistically true, but I've discovered that I hate not being in control of my destiny. For example, I don't trust others driving me when I'm a car passenger. 
Car accidents don't have to be fatal. You might end up without a scratch if you're lucky. If something goes wrong on a plane then you and everybody else around you are f*cked.

Begoo
  • Begoo

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:09 PM

Furtherest ever i traveled to was Graz, Austria. I traveled to Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia and Austria only. Soon maybe going to Hungary. I would love to visit Germany, Turkey, Spain, Italy, US, Australia and maybe Canada.

• Mister Pink likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Cowboys and Sailors

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:16 PM

I've never left my home country (US). I've been to one other state.

I'm a boring person. who has a boring life

There are several countries I'd love to have the chance to see some day, though. Currently I'm trying to see other states/areas of my own state due to proximity.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:23 PM

^ I find it hilarious how many holidays and traditions that take place in Spain are seen as a National thing by foreigners, when in reality, it just takes place in a small town. :D

I didn't realize people think they're national events but I suppose I'm not surprised either. 

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:30 PM Edited by jpm1, 26 June 2017 - 08:32 PM.

yeah man, this clearly shows you never gone outside your 'hole' x). seriously dude, USA has a great culture who denies that -_-. if you come in France you'll be welcome, just don't tell them you are for the death penalty, and everything will be ok :D

that tomatoes festival personally i don't like it. i mean when people is starving around the world how can you do such things

i'd like to visit Germany too. France shares at least a third of its history with that country, and it's really a place i'd really like to discover

• Mister Pink likes this

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:08 PM

yeah man, this clearly shows you never gone outside your 'hole' x). seriously dude, USA has a great culture who denies that -_-. if you come in France you'll be welcome, just don't tell them you are for the death penalty, and everything will be ok :D

If you tell me you're for death penalty only against the privileged criminals I'll wish you welcome in the club.

I'd love to visit China, Canada, USA, Mexico, Peru, Egypt, Botswana, India and I surely forgot some.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:10 PM Edited by jpm1, 26 June 2017 - 11:11 PM.

no man ,no one deserve to be executed. taking 30 or 20 years of one man's life is largely enough. you give the man the possibility of redemption, and you can repair in case there's an error. but i saw that in the US things are moving. labs that produce toxic substances used in executions now refuse for the most to deliver these substances to penitenciaries, and to the justice. this is a good thing because i love the USA, and that s.. made me sad, real sad

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:17 PM

no man ,no one deserve to be executed. taking 30 or 20 years of one man's life is largely enough. you give the man the possibility of redemption, and you can repair in case there's an error. but i saw that in the US things are moving. labs that produce toxic substances used in executions now refuse for the most to deliver these substances to penitenciaries, and to the justice. this is a good thing because i love the USA, and that s.. made me sad, real sad

When there's no risk of judicial fault and his strategic allies will constantly do everything to free the culprit as soon as people forget (when the criminal is a cop, military, boss or politician) death penalty is the best solution. In case of atrocious crimes it should precede the torture.

I would also love to visit Iran.

Murdick
  • Murdick

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:09 AM

Just to spain. I daren't go anywhere else!😂

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:03 AM

Just to spain. I daren't go anywhere else!😂

^You are more than welcome here. Just avoid "tourist resorts and tourist area restaurants and bars". The best way to visit my country is with a local that will take you to the best places locals go to
  • jpm1 likes this

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:08 PM

I loved visiting Salamanca by the way. I hope to come back there one day.

anthony
  • anthony

Nobody cares, nobody f*cking cares.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:53 AM Edited by anthony, 28 June 2017 - 08:33 AM.

I live outside of my country.

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Daily Globe
  • Finland

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:11 AM

I've been on Swedish territory aboard a cruise ship once, if that counts.

Begoo
  • Begoo

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:16 PM

I wish in my country people would take better care of nature. I get disgused and pissed when i see trash and junk near rivers, lakes and middle of woods, thats mostly near towns and villages but still.... I only wished this countries nature was cleaner. However, tourism is rising quick here, we get more and more tourists every year visiting most popular locations. Even though economicaly situation sucks, and there's still high corrupt and poverty, they are building new places and other tourist attractive areas. I havent traveled in a long time somewhere in other parts of my country. 

• jpm1 likes this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:45 PM

I've been to Canada twice, and if things line up correctly I should be visiting England, Italy, and South Korea by 2018.

Laker23
  • Laker23

Greatness From Small Beginnings

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:15 PM

Not many. France, Spain, Croatia, Serbia, and obviously Bosnia as I live here now with my wife. Montenegro will be ticked off in the summer vacation in August.

Have always wanted to go to NY, Cali and Hawaii. One day.

MuntyJack
  • MuntyJack

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:24 PM

sure I was, a few times

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users