170 replies to this topic
MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 27 March 2016 - 01:20 PM

+1 to Mission Attempts that way, which I thought the only time allowed to fail a Mission in the Chain Game was if obtaining a Special Vehicle.  Whereas Cone Crazy, you pass it.  Then just do it a bunch more times to get the money.  Even if you fail a Mission AFTER passing it, it doesn't add anything to the Mission Attempts Stats...If you're going through to Level 7 or whatever, which is over half, you might as well just finish it off :p  Activating Paramedics again, will add yet another Attempt to the Stats and at the end (without obtaining Special Vehicles besides the White Admiral), you will have 89 Attempts which is +1 EXTRA than you need.  88 is the lowest you can have in VC.  With ALL Special Vehicles, passing for every single one when you can and only failing when you have to, gives you 90 Attempts.  The BP/EP/FP Squalo and the BP/EP/FP Sabre Turbo are the ones in which you need to fail the Mission to obtain.  Every other Special Vehicle in VC doesn't need to fail to obtain them, thus 90 Attempts.  Without failing, 88.

• GTAKid667 and Arsen Vitiuk like this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:38 PM

Probably not good for the Chain Game, but usually I would just do Paramedics Level 12 and keep the Admiral in memory.

Yes this is the way I have done it in my current personal Starter Save I am slowly completing but for the Chain Game I had preferred the method of completing Cone Crazy compared to Paramedic as it is only a minor 30 second Side Mission that will not have a major effect on the round. Older rounds of the GTA Vice City Chain Game before the relaunch in September 2015 used to have a Starter Save with Cone Crazy completed several times and the Links View Apartment purchased and so I have simply decided to do the same as it allows us to keep the EC White Admiral which in the first few rounds of the game we have left out. I'm personally happy with the Starter Save I've made with Cone Crazy completed, it was just a suggestion from another Chain Game Staff member that we attempt to do it without completing any missions to allow everything in the game to be available to the players at the beginning. As a matter of fact they had mentioned doing a few levels of Paramedic but as you have said above that will add a Mission Attempt which in my opinion isn't going to be worth it, particularly as we don't want to complete it and Cone Crazy takes less time and doesn't add an attempt, other than the initial pass which would be there anyway. We're open to ideas from others and will discuss this internally too, we might not change the save file at all but I thought I'd mention it in case.

The next round of the Chain Game should be up later today, the setting up process has been slower than I had anticipated but everything is ready to go now! :)
  • Arsen Vitiuk, TubewayArmy and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:47 PM

There's many ways to get enough money in the Starter Save to buy a Safehouse, but for the Chain Game, I find the Cone Crazy way the best way.  For Personal Starter Saves, Paramedics or doing the Rampage on the Beach where you burn 30 (?) Gang Members in 2 minutes.  This will pass 1/35 Rampages AND make a Fire Truck spawn on the East Island (Doesn't work for Mobile and is much harder to bring a Fire Truck back from the West Island to the East Island, since no Fire Trucks spawn regardless of how much sh*t you burn) in which you can use to do Fire Truck Level 12, which also will give enough money for the Safehouses:

In this Video, it shows "An Old Friend" being done as well, but this isn't necessary for the Starter Save.  You can leave "An Old Friend" for after 44% is achieved...A lot of people get confused about the pink dot on the map in front of the Ocean Beach Safehouse.  They think because of this dot, that a Mission is on and you need to "finish it" to continue.  But you don't.  In the Starter Save when you save and load the Game, it should say "In the Beginning..." and NOT "An Old Friend."

• Arsen Vitiuk likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:07 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 27 March 2016 - 05:08 PM.

Yes, I've left 'An Old Friend' incomplete on the Starter Save for all rounds of the Vice City Chain Game and have done for my own personal Starter Save which I'll be completing to 44% before I progress with the story like I did with GTA III a week or two ago. This is the current save file we'll use for Chain Game Rounds and as you can see from the checklist at the bottom of the page it doesn't have An Old Friend complete, just Cone Crazy and the Links View Apartment which we've used to store the EC White Admiral. 

The 6th Round of the GTA Vice City Chain Game has been started! :)

• Arsen Vitiuk, TubewayArmy, MorsPrincipiumEst and 1 other like this

crashoverride93
  • crashoverride93

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:50 PM

Parking meters are only in Downtown and we'd like to keep EC Admiral. But I have tried

but hes talking about creating starter saves at the very beginning you dont yet have the ap proof admiral

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:12 PM

Ken's White Admiral is AP in the cutscene and can be obtained, only with Cheats, though.  4emp2008 has a Video how to do it on Youtube.  But after the cutscene, it's only EC White and not AP/EC White.  Doesn't really matter, though since there is an AP/EC Silver Admiral in Guardian Angels...

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:21 PM

but hes talking about creating starter saves at the very beginning you dont yet have the ap proof admiral

The vehicle oscareczek is referring to in his post is the White Admiral from the beginning which is only EC. We have obtained the AP/EC Silver Admiral from Guardian Angels in the latest turn I've just taken though :p

Also a repeat of the information I mentioned in the round topic for all players, there are Side Mission Regulations in place which have recently been violated in a Chain Game Turn. All Players should read the rules and make themselves aware of these regulations for future Chain Game Turns, we'll allow this to pass one time only but future turns breaking these rules will have to be made invalid.
  • Arsen Vitiuk, TubewayArmy and thehambone like this

user 7
  • user 7

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 April 2016 - 04:51 PM

Good day! I want to join the game. Is there something I should keep in mind apart from the rules?

TubewayArmy
  • TubewayArmy

Vice City + 80s = <3

• Facade Corporation
  • Czech-Republic
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:12 AM

Sorry for off topic, don't want to make new thread for it.

Found this cool shirt in Italy yesterday. :D

Spoiler

• Arsen Vitiuk and thehambone like this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:05 AM

Hey,

I hope everyone is having a great day! Thanks to all of you for your continued support and dedication to the Chain Game. As I had mentioned in a previous Chain Game Lounge post, we were looking into ways that would allow us to purchase the Links View Apartment and store the EC White Admiral at the beginning of the game without the need to complete any activities that would increase the overall percentage of the game. Thanks to Assistant Chief TubewayArmy, Round 7 will introduce a new Starter Save for the game which will start the player from the very beginning at 0% with the Links View Apartment purchased and the EC White Admiral stored. There have been no missions completed to achieve this and so all activities will be available to the players as they would in a new game of Vice City. Thanks very much to TubewayArmy for creating this save file for the game and his continued dedication to the GTA Vice City Chain Game!

Round 7 of the GTA Vice City Chain Game will be posted very soon! :)
  • VASSILY, TubewayArmy, MorsPrincipiumEst and 1 other like this

VASSILY
  • VASSILY

-MD-

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:37 AM

Good Morning (7 AM GMT :)

Am I the only one playing the Chain Game ? :p 

TubewayArmy
  • TubewayArmy

Vice City + 80s = <3

• Facade Corporation
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 28 July 2016 - 08:46 PM

Hey. I'm ill since Tuesday and trying to get better. Will do some turns soon.
  • VASSILY likes this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:07 PM

I recorded my last turn successfully this time. I'm really starting to miss these games. I'll start another 100% playthrough in a few months.

• Arsen Vitiuk, TubewayArmy, Pavle and 1 other like this

Parik
  • Parik

Transform

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:44 PM

Starter Save

Created By: TubewayArmy
Link: Starter Save
Completion: 0%
Notes:
Links View Apartment Purchased
EC White Admiral Stored at Links View
Saved in the Ocean View Hotel

But wasn't that saved in Links View?

• GTAKid667 and TubewayArmy like this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:46 PM

Yes it was, thanks for pointing that out Parik! I must have left the line in when we introduced the new Starter Save as the old one from the first few rounds was saved at the Ocean View Hotel. I'll correct it now :)

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Shania Twain Superfan
    Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:40 PM

Popping in to say that I didn't know that you can have unlimited stamina after completing Paramedic. Was very surprised when I saw it after I did a turn last night. Had to go look it up and make sure I haven't gone insane just yet. :p Also it is very nice to be back doing these. Missed them. :')

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:51 PM

Yeah, it's a cool reward for completing Paramedic and is in several GTA Games. With Tommy running abnormally fast in Vice City it's fun to run around with infinite sprint, he runs faster than the cars on the road lol and makes it convenient to get to a nearby mission location without finding a vehicle or running away from a shootout without taking much damage like I did when I did 'Mall Shootout' earlier. :p

It's great to see you back playing the Chain Game Pavle :)

Parik
  • Parik

Transform

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:47 PM

http://gtaforums.com...9/?p=1069063970

isn't this invalid , as you have to wait for 2 other turns to complete before taking another turn.

VASSILY
  • VASSILY

-MD-

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:37 PM Edited by VASSILY, 07 September 2016 - 03:41 PM.

Hello Parik

A little "Reminder" of the Four Hour Rule : 

9. The Four Hour Timer Rule: If four or more hours pass since the last turn was completed, then the Two Turns Wait Rule is no longer in effect and anyone can take a turn - even if it is the player who completed the previous turn

So my Turn remains Legit since it came after your "Reset" , mentionned here

I'll take the turn (as per The Four Hour Timer Rule)

Mission: The Fastest Boat
Link: http://gtasnp.com/7AfZeM
Completion %: 24.03%
Notes:

• Did 6 Rampages in Downtown.
  • Knocked off 3 stores.
  • Did Vigilante (during 5 wanted level stars  , wanted to store an fbi rancher but failed) in Rhino stolen from Fort Baxter Air Base

Otherwise , I leave the matter to the Chain Game Directors to Rule my turn as Legit or Invalid :)

Thank You 

Parik
  • Parik

Transform

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:51 PM

-snip-

Hello.
Though the rule says 4 or more hours pass since the last turn.

But four hours didn't pass since the last turn (which was mine)

Thank you.

Note I'm not against VASSILY

• VASSILY likes this

VASSILY
  • VASSILY

-MD-

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:03 PM

A "Reset" stays a Reset

A little reminder of your last turn is already mentionned in my last comment :)

I'll just highlight the most important point : 

as per The Four Hour Timer Rule

So a reset has been announced , that means :

9. The Four Hour Timer Rule: If four or more hours pass since the last turn was completed, then the Two Turns Wait Rule is no longer in effect and anyone can take a turn - even if it is the player who completed the previous turn

So ; Technically my turn is 100% Legit 

And again I will leave it to the Chain Game Directors 'GTAKid667' and "TubewayArmy" to announce the final verdict

Thank You .

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:50 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 07 September 2016 - 04:51 PM.

The Four Hour Timer rule is something that has confused several players over time as many misinterpret the rule from the way it is worded in the opening post. VASSILY is correct, once Four Hours Pass, the wait rule is reset and no longer in effect for any player. As four hours passed between VASSILY's and Parik's turn in the Chain Game today, the Two Turn Wait Rule is reset and VASSILY no longer has to wait before taking another turn, even if another player takes a turn first like Parik did. This is because, even though two turns had not passed since VASSILY's first turn, the four hours did pass at some point and so any waiting that they had to do has been completely reset.

I think that seeing as this can be confusing, it would be best that I reword that line of the rules or add more detail to help the reader understand clearly. Thanks for bringing this to my attention :)

• VASSILY, Arsen Vitiuk, Parik and 2 others like this

TubewayArmy
  • TubewayArmy

Vice City + 80s = <3

• Facade Corporation
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:22 PM Edited by TubewayArmy, 20 September 2016 - 03:22 PM.

4 hours lets go.

Mission: Trojan Voodoo
Link: http://gtasnp.com/dTKEUc
Completion %: 100%
Notes:

Couldn't believe my luck tbh, started Trojan Voodoo and the FIRST vehicle I see on the street is a Voodoo. Considering how awful Vice City's vehicle spawns are I was pretty surprised.

well done etc. here's to another round of the chain game  :cookie:

There is fixed spawn in this mission. One Voodoo is always nearby Café Robina. :)

Spoiler
  • blaze, GTAKid667, Arsen Vitiuk and 1 other like this

blaze
  • blaze

Big Homie

• The Yardies
  • Macau
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:45 PM

In all my years of Vice City I never knew that, although you have to admit coming out of the cutscene straight to a Voodoo driving past is good timing! :p

Will try and be more involved next game too.

• TubewayArmy likes this

TubewayArmy
  • TubewayArmy

Vice City + 80s = <3

• Facade Corporation
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:26 PM

Well to be honest, it took me a few years of playing to notice it too. Of course Voodoo right in front of you is even better! 

That's great to hear. :)

• Arsen Vitiuk likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:15 PM

Hey Everyone!

On Thursday, the GTA Vice City Chain Game reached it's 1st Anniversary as we launched our 10th Round of the Game in commemoration of Vice City Stories' 10th Anniversary! It's hard to believe that it has been a whole year since we launched the game and I am happy to see how popular the game has been. It's been great seeing so many of you continuing to get involved and playing the Chain Game regularly, the support from the 19 different players we have had join in throughout the rounds whether this be through the turn taking or through feedback about the rounds has been amazing and we couldn't have done any of this without you guys! Thanks to all of you and lets look forward to another great year of the Chain Game! :)

I'd also like to say congratulations to GTA Vice City Chain Game Assistant Chief TubewayArmy on reaching 200 Valid Turns during Round 9! This marks the first player of the Vice City Chain Game to reach this number of Chain Game turns and has been done in such a short space of time! TubewayArmy remains the Player with the Most Valid Turns with an increasing lead, currently haven taken 151 more Valid Turns than the player with the second most amount of turns - Great Work!

As a reminder, the 10th Round of the Vice City Chain Game is currently available to play in commemoration of GTA Vice City Stories 10th Anniversary! This round has some differences to a regular Chain Game round which can be read about here but the format and rules of the game otherwise remain unchanged. Specifically, this round includes 'The Great Hunt' which relocates many of the in game pickups and vehicles allowing players to have some extra fun trying to find these across the map and get :cookie:'s as a reward! Regular Players can still participate in the round as normal even if they have no intentions of participating in the hunt and other than the Hidden Packages and Rampages, which are included in the Hunt, all 100% Requirements remain identical to that of the original game. Thanks to Arsen Vitiuk for taking the time to produce this save file for the round!

I hope everyone has a great day! :)
  • Arsen Vitiuk, TubewayArmy, MorsPrincipiumEst and 1 other like this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:05 PM

It's my turn.
Sh*t! Edit doesnt saved.
I am very unlucky.

Hello,

It's unlucky that the edit you made here did not save but there is a way to retrieve your save file from GTASnP.com if you have deleted it from your PC by browsing through all Vice City PC Save Files uploaded to the website using the link provided.

I'm not sure what exactly you had completed during your turn but by comparing the save files uploaded on the website today, it looks like this is your turn save file:

http://gtasnp.com/rz7jGv

Is this correct? If so, you can edit this back into your turn post and the game can continue as normal using it :)
  • TubewayArmy likes this

thehambone
  • thehambone

Don't remind me of home Or I might notice where I am

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2016 - 11:12 PM Edited by thehambone, 27 December 2016 - 06:57 PM.

I forgot to collect package #3 in my last turn because I died midway through my turn, so if anyone's willing to grab it, please do so! If not, I'll get it on my next turn. Thank you! :)

Edit: Thanks Tubeway!

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:17 PM

Great work everyone! It's great to see yet another round completed to 100%, and getting this special round completed which marked 10 years of GTA Vice City Stories being released. Thanks to TubewayArmy and thehambone in particular for their regular turn taking and finding a lot of the Hidden Content throughout the hunt and of course to all of the players who participated along the way. Any remaining statistics tables for this round and previous rounds will completed within the next few days, and save files will be uploaded to the collection on GTAGarage. :)
  • TubewayArmy, MorsPrincipiumEst and thehambone like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:41 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 13 January 2017 - 07:41 PM.

Isn't failing a Mission and saving over it not allowed unless a Special Vehicle was obtained?  88 is lowest Attempts, yet you guys have 89...Someone failed something and saved over it...

Only Special Vehicles that need a Failure are the BP/EP/FP Squalo from Supply and Demand and the BP/EP/FP Sabre Turbo from The Driver.  If you don't obtain these, then 88 should be what the Mission Attempts say...

Nice job finishing nevertheless.  I am soon going to be starting a new VC Starter Save + two 100% Save Files.  Just gotta finish off my SA Save first in the coming days before I start...

Oops, I broke my "12,000" Post Count, now it says 12,001, lol...

• GTAKid667, TubewayArmy and thehambone like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users