GTA Vice City Chain Game Lounge

190 replies to this topic
MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

ThinkPad is love

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:12 PM Edited by MrMateczko, 11 November 2015 - 12:12 PM.

To all players:
If you have trouble finding any remaining collectibles such as Hidden Packages, Unique Jumps or Rampages, it is highly advised to use the VC Savegame Editor.
After you load the save in it, use the Map dropdown menu to show maps of remaining collectibles.
It does not show remaining robberies though, something to keep in mind.
Also, remember to use only Retail save files with this tool. Steam saves shows wrong information.

• Parik, WildBrick142, thehambone and 1 other like this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:55 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 11 November 2015 - 04:12 PM.

I would also like to point out that when collecting Hidden Packages, or completing Unique Jumps and Rampages you should state which ones you have completed. This will help the players to figure out which have not yet completed so that they can complete them in their turns.

If you must use the Savegame Editor linked above, I should also remind you to only use it for viewing purposes and not edit any information on the Save File which goes against the Rules of the Game.

• MrMateczko and thehambone like this

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Special Vehicle Hoarder

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:04 AM

How about we modify this save a little the same way the CG save for San Andreas has been modified? Perhaps small things at first, like enabling a few pickups early on or changing a few vehicles? Or how about having the EC White Admiral from 'In The Beginning..." in a garage?

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

ThinkPad is love

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:19 AM

No, we won't make any permanent modifications for III/VC Chain Game.
Additionally, III/VC are not as big of games as SA, so there's no need for any modifications to speed up the game, it's already fast as it is.

I understand modifications for SA, and it would take way too much time to complete the save (especially with not many players) without them.
  • GTAKid667, thehambone and DragonpokeZ like this

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Special Vehicle Hoarder

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:53 PM

When will the next round happen? :D

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2015 - 06:46 PM

I demand another round.

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:45 PM

Honestly, we should probably hold off on another round until the new year. Many people are extremely buy this time of year, so our player amount would be smaller than usual, as well as causing the round to take longer than usual. 

• DragonpokeZ likes this

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Special Vehicle Hoarder

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 December 2015 - 02:39 AM Edited by DragonpokeZ, 21 December 2015 - 07:48 PM.

Let's start the round on January 1st, 2016 xD

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:47 AM

I demand another round.

Making demands won't get a round started any quicker ;)

Honestly, we should probably hold off on another round until the new year. Many people are extremely buy this time of year, so our player amount would be smaller than usual, as well as causing the round to take longer than usual.

A lack of activity is not something that will concern me at this time of the year as we expect people to be busy. But having a round available to play will allow those who do have some time over the holidays to take turns rather than preventing them from doing so - We've started a GTA III Chain Game Round on Christmas Day before and it turned out to be more active than I expected. The way I see it is that there will always be some players around and we shouldn't restrict them from playing because the majority of the player base is busy - And of course the Chain Game is not a race so if the round takes a month to complete, that also won't be much of a problem.

I can't confirm a specific time or date just yet, but I think it'll be likely to have a round sometime soon.
  • MrMateczko, TubewayArmy and Bucko like this

Bucko
  • Bucko

BORK

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Shania Twain Superfan
    Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:39 PM

Haven't taken a turn in a while. Been busy with RL stuff. Holidays are soon, and hopefully the next round will be up by then. c:

oscareczek
  • oscareczek

The Chain Game: San Andreas is too complicated

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:22 PM

Notes: Make sure to convert the save if you're not playing the Steam version like me.

Well, nope:

Fortunately, GTASnP.com includes an easy to use Save File Converter that all players can use to download the previous players Save File in a format that will work on their game, even if the player above is using a different version of the game.

You don't have to convert save file after your turn is finished - it's a next player's duty. Have I used "duty" correctly?

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:57 AM Edited by Kristian., 27 December 2015 - 01:57 AM.

I figured that much. It was just a friendly reminder.

When I downloaded the save to take a turn I didn't even realize it was a different version and the game didn't load it. I thought the Steam version might be different but thankfully Samutz made that converting tool on his site.

thehambone
  • thehambone

Don't remind me of home Or I might notice where I am

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:28 AM

The same thing happened to me haha

oscareczek
  • oscareczek

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:19 AM

Nevermind .-.

oscareczek
  • oscareczek

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:18 PM Edited by oscareczek, 21 January 2016 - 08:20 PM.

katana rampages suck

Katana is a new flamethrower.
  • GTAKid667 and thehambone like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:13 PM

"Cheetah (EP/FP) - During Vice Street Races
Stinger (EP/FP) - During Vice Street Races
Infernus (EP/FP) - During Vice Street Races
"

These are only FP.  They never were EP/FP.

"Sanchez (DP) - During Dirtring"

It's actually BP/EP/FP and NOT DP.  Strangely enough in the game's code it says 1,1,1,1 which translates to BP FP EP DP, but somehow when you get this using a PC Exclusive Replay Method, it only retains BP/EP/FP and DP isn't there anymore.

Just to let you know since I see these errors for a couple months now and thought they would have been fixed already.

• thehambone likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:17 PM

Just to let you know since I see these errors for a couple months now and thought they would have been fixed already.

Thank You. The list was taken from an old round many years ago where they were obviously written incorrectly, I haven't had time to check over any of the vehicles neither do I have a strong knowledge of the VC Special Vehicles.

If there are any more problems or missing vehicles, please let us know. :)

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:41 AM

Thank You. The list was taken from an old round many years ago where they were obviously written incorrectly, I haven't had time to check over any of the vehicles neither do I have a strong knowledge of the VC Special Vehicles.

If there are any more problems or missing vehicles, please let us know. :)

No problem.  At quick glance this morning, that is all I noticed incorrect.  Everything else looks good.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:30 PM

Hello,

I hope everyone's well, apologies for being relatively quiet over the last few weeks. I've just updated the Chain Game Personnel from the middle of Round 4 to the latest turn of Round 5 and added it back into the opening posts after I purposely left it out when the round went up due to it being slightly out of date. Two Players, oscareczek and 123robot now have over 25 Valid Chain Game Turns which makes them the first regular players to change titles in the personnel from 'Chain Game Player' to 'Chain Game Skilled Player' which is given to all of those who reach 25 Turns. TubewayArmy is still the Player with the Most Valid Turns with a massive 60 Turns Taken since the Chain Game began in October 2015! Great Work to everyone who has continued to actively participate in the game! :)

I have also updated the Chain Game Index to include Round 4 with a few new records once again which is great to see, keep up the good work! The Chain Game Saves on GTAGarage have also been quite popular with over 600 Downloads and continuously increasing!

I'll be making a few minor adjustments to the opening posts after Round 5 has concluded. If you spot any errors with the information currently included in the posts or have any suggestions, please send me a PM. I'll be including the fixes Militia has pointed out above too for the Special Vehicles Section. Also Thanks to oscareczek for a new better quality image in the first post.

It's great to see the game have an active player base and I definitely do not regret the decision to relaunch the game after the few years it was away. Thanks for continuing to play everyone :)
  • oscareczek, MrMateczko, TubewayArmy and 3 others like this

123robot
  • 123robot

Dodo Pilot Expert

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:57 PM

Speaking of active player bases, it's been a good few weeks since I've actually taken a turn, which is a shame since my title apparently changed. Woo! :D I don't have as much time to take turns anymore, I'm just posting here to acknowledge that I've not completely forgotten about the Chain Game, it's a fun little thing. :) If I do take turns, they'll probably be much more sporadic, if you don't mind. I'm happy to see that the chain game has continued to be so successful though, I'm eager to see how much it continues to grow as we continue along.  :colgate:

• GTAKid667 likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:23 PM

I'll have a turn.
The release version of the file is different from mine, so it seems I can't play.
I forfeit this turn.

Check the second post here in the Chain Game Lounge. Both Retail and Steam players can participate in the game but may need to convert their save file to the appropriate format which can be done using the tools on GTASnP.com :)

Harerama Chakraborty
  • Harerama Chakraborty

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:34 AM Edited by Harerama Chakraborty, 09 March 2016 - 06:42 AM.

I'll have a turn.
The release version of the file is different from mine, so it seems I can't play.
I forfeit this turn.

Check the second post here in the Chain Game Lounge. Both Retail and Steam players can participate in the game but may need to convert their save file to the appropriate format which can be done using the tools on GTASnP.com :)

Thanks! I'll try this out.

This does the trick! Thanks a lot.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:55 PM

Hey,

After a few weeks of inactivity, we are now ready to start the next round of the GTA Vice City Chain Game. As promised in my last post, there have been changes made to the opening posts based on the feedback we have received from yourselves, outlined below:

New 'Rampages' Section of Checklist - Ever wondered which of the 35 Rampages have been completed? Now you can find out exactly which are done with all 35 Rampages being listed individually in the 100% Checklist! This feature, already present in the GTA III Chain Game, should help players late in the round where there are few rampages remaining yet there is little mention of exactly which are remaining requiring you to scan through all posts in the topic to work it out.

Spoiler

New Unique Vehicles List - Thanks to MetalMilitia89 and an earlier suggestion from oscareczek, the round will include a revised Unique Vehicles List which corrects errors regarding the properties of current vehicles as well as adding a few that were missing from the previous rounds such as the Unique Spand Express Vans and the special Squalo's from 'Supply and Demand'. The terminology in the Legend has also been changed affecting the 'Unique Color' property, which is now referred to as 'Exclusive Color' (EC) with completely unique vehicles such as the Spand Express marked as 'Unique' (U) .

Spoiler

New Starter Save - A new starter save is going to be introduced in the round which has utilised the Cone Crazy mission in order to allow us to purchase the Links View Apartment and store the EC White Admiral which in previous rounds was not collected as there was no place to store the vehicle. As a result, the game starts at 1% as Cone Crazy and the Links View Apartment have already been completed. We are currently looking into ways of gaining $6000 without the Cone Crazy Mission to have no missions completed in the Starter Save, we'll let you know if we make a new Starter Save for future rounds!

Smaller Additions/Fixes - Several corrections were made throughout the opening posts including Spelling and Grammatical corrections, removing no longer needed information, fixing non-existent hyperlinks, changing 'Save'N'Play' to 'GTASnP.com' and including multiple font options for the headings. The image at the beginning of each round as well as the Chain Game Lounge and Chain Game Index has been changed to a newer higher quality image thanks to oscareczek! oscarezek has been added to the 'Special Thanks' list for his dedication to the game as well as useful feedback and providing this image for us!

Thanks once again to everyone for your continued support and dedication to the game. If you spot any more errors or have any more suggestions, feel free to let us know by posting here in the lounge or messaging one of the management staff (GTAKid667, MrMateczko or TubewayArmy)! :)

Also a quick final note, due to changes in the circumstances of launching new rounds of the games we'll be testing out new ways of starting rounds and as a result, you may see sections of the round being visible before the round has officially started. Until the Starter Save is posted, the round will not have officially started and so if you see sections of the round visible, we request that no one posts in the topics until the Starter Save is posted :)

• Arsen Vitiuk, oscareczek, MrMateczko and 3 others like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:08 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 25 March 2016 - 02:30 PM.

Careful with the "U" terminology.  To some, this means Unobtainable.  I know what you mean and know what is available and what is not, but others may not.  When a Unique Vehicle is present, I just spell out Unique.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:19 PM

The Unique Vehicles Lists are color coded to show which vehicles are obtained (Green), obtainable (Yellow) and unobtainable (Red) and this is displayed in the Legend at the bottom of the list as well as information about what each of the properties mean, which is absent from the image above:
Spoiler

There may be a possibility that some will get confused if they are used to 'U' referring to unobtainable, but by having the information directly below the Vehicles List that will hopefully clear up any initial confusion. The majority of the Chain Game Players are not too interested in Unique Vehicles and have been happy with the previous terminology used, so I don't think it'll be an issue.
  • Arsen Vitiuk, MrMateczko and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

oscareczek
  • oscareczek

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:34 AM

Helou c:
  • MrMateczko likes this

crashoverride93
  • crashoverride93

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:37 AM

It may take a while but you can use the parking meters To collect the $6000

oscareczek
  • oscareczek

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:12 AM Edited by oscareczek, 27 March 2016 - 09:49 AM.

Parking meters are only in Downtown and we'd like to keep EC Admiral. But I have tried
  • MrMateczko likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:41 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 27 March 2016 - 12:41 PM.

Probably not good for the Chain Game, but usually I would just do Paramedics Level 12 and keep the Admiral in memory.  Once you complete it, not only can you buy ONE Safehouse, but you can buy ALL the Safehouses available at the beginning of the game on the East and West Islands, including ones without the Garages.  But Paramedics Level 12 is a "big" Mission for the Players I'd imagine, so Cone Crazy is probably your best bet since it takes like 20-30 seconds to pass, and then just keep doing it to accumulate all the money you need, without doing any other Missions, etc...

• Arsen Vitiuk likes this

oscareczek
  • oscareczek

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:52 PM

Better idea: start Paramedic or Vigilante (the same prize except for 12 lvl) but not complete it - 7 levels = $7000.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users