Photo

Gran Turismo Sport

117 replies to this topic
SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:26 AM Edited by SouthLand, 20 November 2017 - 10:30 AM.

Uploading your custom Vinyl to the game is a pain in the f*cking ass. I haven't been able to do it so far.
I am going to have to wait a few weeks until someone decides to upload a tutorial on youtube.

As far as I know you upload the SVG via the website not the game. There is also a file size limit too.

I will be trying it soon I am just stuck in Creator right now...

I have been trying to use the website's uploader all day without success. If I manage to get a .svg file that's less than 15kb It will still say: ".svg file not supported or some sh*t like that"

I can't even access the uploader yet :(

What software are you creating your SVG files in?

I just used converters online to convert from .png to .svg and it's not working (Even if the size is smaller than the limit)

I think that forcing players to use .svg files is a sh*t move. Most people are not that skilfull with PC's to make .svg files. They should have sticked with .png/.jpg or make a tool free to download to convert your stuff suitable for GT.

I mean, i am a License Plate fan and i like to put weird plates on my cars just for the fun of it.

I can do a lot of plates in the editor like those:

Spoiler

5990359256976589844_0.jpg[[/spoiler]

• Audi likes this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:43 PM Edited by JuniorChubb, 20 November 2017 - 05:50 PM.

I just used converters online to convert from .png to .svg and it's not working (Even if the size is smaller than the limit)

I think that forcing players to use .svg files is a sh*t move. Most people are not that skilfull with PC's to make .svg files. They should have sticked with .png/.jpg or make a tool free to download to convert your stuff suitable for GT.

I mean, i am a License Plate fan and i like to put weird plates on my cars just for the fun of it.

I can do a lot of plates in the editor like those:

I understand where you are coming from Southlad but SVG scales upwards infinitely without pixelating  and can benefit form smaller file size too. Polyphony are sticklers for quality and there is no way they will let users upload raster graphics only for them to look blocky in game. See this article here for more info - http://www.gran-turi...00_4307308.html

It might seem like a dick move from Polyphony but it is common sense from a graphics point of view to lock decal uploads to SVG.

I think your issue is the converter you are using, you really need to create the artwork yourself from scratch to make sure there is no data that the GTS uploader will reject, unfortunately a raster to vector converter could add all sorts of crap that will throw up warning when trying to upload.

Software like Adobe Illustrator is your best bet so you can control exactly what you export, it will also increase the quality when you import. If you like working on Plates you might enjoy using Illustrator, it is great for creating shapes and lettering, alignment and spacing. Once your basics are done you can move over to a traditional pixel based image editor to finish the job. When you first work with vector graphics it is a little daunting as you approach things so differently but I really recommend you give it a go. It will open up an new avenue of creation for you and once you grasp it you will really benefit from its advantages.

Drop me a PM and I might be able to help you out with what you need while I am waiting for SVG upload to be available to use myslef. :(

BTW nice job on the plates. :)

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

I understand where you are coming from Southlad but SVG scales upwards infinitely without pixelating  and can benefit form smaller file size too. Polyphony are sticklers for quality and there is no way they will let users upload raster graphics only for them to look blocky in game. See this article here for more info - http://www.gran-turi...00_4307308.html

It might seem like a dick move from Polyphony but it is common sense from a graphics point of view to lock decal uploads to SVG.

I think your issue is the converter you are using, you really need to create the artwork yourself from scratch to make sure there is no data that the GTS uploader will reject, unfortunately a raster to vector converter could add all sorts of crap that will throw up warning when trying to upload.

Software like Adobe Illustrator is your best bet so you can control exactly what you export, it will also increase the quality when you import. If you like working on Plates you might enjoy using Illustrator, it is great for creating shapes and lettering, alignment and spacing. Once your basics are done you can move over to a traditional pixel based image editor to finish the job. When you first work with vector graphics it is a little daunting as you approach things so differently but I really recommend you give it a go. It will open up an new avenue of creation for you and once you grasp it you will really benefit from its advantages.

Drop me a PM and I might be able to help you out with what you need while I am waiting for SVG upload to be available to use myslef. :(

I get your points and i understand that Polyphony want the "best of the best" when it comes to everything they make. I don't have an issue with GT for only allowing .svg files, but rather their attitude towards their fans. I mean, let's be realistic here, i guarantee you that at least a big 80% of their fans have no clue on how to make a .svg file. And their "Only .svg allowed, if you don't understand or don't know how it works, too bad" attitude is quite unpleasant. Let's be honest, Wouldn't it be nice if you could upload any picture you wanted to the GT Livery Editor in like less than 3 minutes, start your PS4 and be able to play around?

Anyways, i gave it a shot at the Adobe Ilustrator and when i had a file i liked and less than 15kb, it said "Invalid .svg format" or something like that in the editor.

I hope for next month, someone makes a Youtube video tutorial on how to upload anything you want for dummies like me :D

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:16 PM

I get your points and i understand that Polyphony want the "best of the best" when it comes to everything they make. I don't have an issue with GT for only allowing .svg files, but rather their attitude towards their fans. I mean, let's be realistic here, i guarantee you that at least a big 80% of their fans have no clue on how to make a .svg file. And their "Only .svg allowed, if you don't understand or don't know how it works, too bad" attitude is quite unpleasant. Let's be honest, Wouldn't it be nice if you could upload any picture you wanted to the GT Livery Editor in like less than 3 minutes, start your PS4 and be able to play around?

Anyways, i gave it a shot at the Adobe Ilustrator and when i had a file i liked and less than 15kb, it said "Invalid .svg format" or something like that in the editor.

I hope for next month, someone makes a Youtube video tutorial on how to upload anything you want for dummies like me :D

I am intrigued to know why the file was deemed invalid now...

Did you add any effects such as drop shadow? Maybe a brush effect on a stroke? Did you turn all fonts to outlines? There are quite a few reasons it is easy to overlook.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you want me to take a look at your Illustrator file. :)

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

can I turn off songs I don't like? don't see the option to do so

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:11 PM

I have been meaning on just turning the music off since launch, still not done it  :lol:

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:39 AM

Good news everyone

https://blog.us.play...gt-league-more/

• JuniorChubb likes this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:53 PM

It's great news, looking forward to the new content but I am more pleased for those who like to game alone. they now have a bit more content with the return of the familiar single player content.

I have access to Decal Upload at last, my Xero Gas Porsche is well under way.

Is there much interest in GTA themed decals out there? I am planning on uploading plenty of GTA themed logos. I don't mean the GTA logo but rather Globe Oil, Xero gas, Fukaru, Ron etc etc. If there is a bit of interest I might start up a thread for ideas and sharing.

• gtafan26 and Ivan1997GTA like this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

Jumping on for a session with a few players now, drop me a FR if you wanna join in...

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:25 PM

The Comet breaks free of its imaginary world and enters virtual reality...

DPkwam6XcAAE1tp.jpg

• Pedinhuh and Ivan1997GTA like this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:35 AM

I am intrigued to know why the file was deemed invalid now...

Did you add any effects such as drop shadow? Maybe a brush effect on a stroke? Did you turn all fonts to outlines? There are quite a few reasons it is easy to overlook.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you want me to take a look at your Illustrator file. :)

After a few days, i have managed to upload a few .svg files. However, everything i upload  are just .svg from google images, and then compressed to 15kb on a online compressor.

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:20 PM

After a few days, i have managed to upload a few .svg files. However, everything i upload  are just .svg from google images, and then compressed to 15kb on a online compressor.

At least you can have a bit more control over you liveries now. the good thing is at this stage a lot of what you are after might have been uploaded already.

Have you had much luck searching for plates?

stinomontana
  • stinomontana

contract chiller

• Members

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:55 PM Edited by stinomontana, 07 December 2017 - 02:56 PM.

its so frustrating getting my cb up, i'm so f*cking carefull around the other drivers that i'm holding back instead of actually overtaking in times that i should. getting rammed from behind or forced off track creating a massive spin and going from top possitions all the way back where the drivers are even worse. the only time i actually have a good race, is when i start in first place, hoping someone takes out the 2nd car in the first few cornes so i can get a bit ahead without having to worry about some kid divebombing me on the inside of a corner... -_- 

doubleg213
  • doubleg213

Ich Bin Ein Auslander

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Event 2016 [Van Society Time Trials 2016]

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

The only issue with some of the converters is what Chubb said with it leaving a lot of remnants behind.

Chubb set me away on Illustrator in the early part of last year and I was always using it with the mentality of "I need to get this into photoshop as soon as possible".

Since they announced SVG only I started to spend a lot more time with Illustrator out of necessity. 

Now I'm doing it the other way, as much of it done as I can in Illustrator and then only transferring stuff to Photoshop at the last point. 

The other big benefit of it is the scaling ability, I did loads of liveries on PC for old rally games with all of the work done in Photoshop, none of the logos can be used with the newer games at higher resolution (well, they can but the quality isn't there), once you have a base Illustrator vector (or Inkscape if you prefer) then it never matters what resolution you are at as the image will always be clean.

It's bloody awful to learn though. However if you take Chubb up on his offer to get you started you'll be flying in no time. 

Especially if you're doing plates and a lot of text work.

Last year the best I could manage with Illustrator was this, where all I drew in Illustrator is the track outline:

round03_map.jpg

To the likes of these where I've made every single sticker myself for them other than some of the basic block elements in game. 

5ytNgVD.jpg

vpmTa1o.jpg

It's pretty daunting at first, but once you've got that basic grounding you'll be making stuff in no time.

I'm looking at PC cars I couldn't recreate before now and have this massive batch of logos all ready to go on them and it's just so much easier than what I had before.

• SouthLand, Ivan1997GTA and JuniorChubb like this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

Ahhhh shucks G.... your gonna make me blush.

Glad you didn’t mention the moving your balls about stuff ;)

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

Anyone playing this? Feel free to add me: rph_brasil

I have to give it to PD, it's a good game and the player base is great, dirty racers are a dime a dozen here, and overall it's quite enjoyable.

I hope they eventually add dynamic weather and time, because they plan on adding endurance races to the GT League, and without those, the races loses some of its magic and gets quite boring.

I can easily spent hours inside the livery editor, that thing is incredible! But my liveries still look like sh*t, but funk it.

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:08 PM

Anyone playing this? Feel free to add me: rph_brasil
I have to give it to PD, it's a good game and the player base is great, dirty racers are a dime a dozen here, and overall it's quite enjoyable.
I hope they eventually add dynamic weather and time, because they plan on adding endurance races to the GT League, and without those, the races loses some of its magic and gets quite boring.
I can easily spent hours inside the livery editor, that thing is incredible! But my liveries still look like sh*t, but funk it.

I have this and know quite a few people who play it. You have summed it up pretty well IMO. The base game is a little lacking but a great foundation, leets hope the updates come quick enough to keep my interest.

We run race nights every now and then, will pop in here and let you know next time we have one planned. :)

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:19 PM

Enjoying the new update, glad to see Sunday Cup etc back in. Still wish we could have local save for the SP portion though...
  • Audi likes this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Tails returns...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:15 PM Edited by Tails Prower, 09 January 2018 - 12:16 PM.

Today's post I am looking to get some discussion going on the editor and livery/decal limits that are currently present in GT Sport.

I am a huge fan of this side of the game at the moment and have been adding liveries and decals to the game since it was first

released back in October but I have now found there appears to be limits of how much you can add to your collection.

Currently the limit for car liveries is 978
Decals you can upload 1000 yourself and bookmark 1000

Trying to muster some support to see if we can have the limits changed or removed from the game as I cannot see

this restriction being needed now that it is apparent the livery editor and decals section of the game has become a

popular aspect of it.

My presumption is the creators set these limits not expecting that the decal and livery editor would prove
as popular as it is and I also suspect I am one of the first to find out the limits given I have liked a lot of liveries so far.

Looking to gather some support for trying to get the limits changed so am posting this in every possibe GT Sport topic

to raise awareness, I've also put a picture up (search darth_tails) asking for support on removing the limit so if people

could give it a like I'd appreicate it.

doubleg213
  • doubleg213

Ich Bin Ein Auslander

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Event 2016 [Van Society Time Trials 2016]

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:06 AM

Have you tried getting something going on the likes of gtplanet as well?

It's a bit like this place in that although the publisher has no official presence on there they definitely look at the place. 

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Tails returns...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:46 PM

Have you tried getting something going on the likes of gtplanet as well?

It's a bit like this place in that although the publisher has no official presence on there they definitely look at the place. 

Yes I was intending to register on there but having a bit of trouble finding an untaken ID but I'll get that finished today.

I have a workaround at the moment which isn't ideal but it's working for now.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:33 PM

New update is out adding some new tracks and several new cars.

If you like the SP like me, then there are some more challenges as well. The Ford F-150 challenge had my inner redneck smiling.
  • Audi likes this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Tails returns...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:33 PM Edited by Tails Prower, 21 February 2018 - 12:34 PM.

Found a solution to the livery limit problem for now!

This also works for bookmarked decals as well so sharing for everyone's info, some credit must go to GT Planet and Sony Playstation Forums for

helping me figure this out.

You can do this from your My Library pages in game after bookmarking the livery or decal.

1. Go to Favourites.

2. Create New Folder (example Sonic)

3. Go back to Collection tab.

4. Select Livery/Decal and press Triangle to Add to Favourites and select the folder you made.

5. Press Triangle again and this time select delete to remove it from your collection.

Go back to the favourite folder and you will see the livery remains in the folder so this allows you to store 100 liveries in

folders up to max of 1000 so gives you 1978 spaces.

You can also apply a livery to a car and then delete it from the collection and the livery will remain on the car unless you remove it

from your garage.

• JuniorChubb likes this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:02 AM Edited by TheOneLibertonian, 07 March 2018 - 09:03 AM.

I just got the game about a month ago and I've been having a blast. It's better than what I expected. GT Sport in terms of quality and polish the best Gran Turismo yet. I'm surprised by how many good things Polyphony did right with this iteration of Gran Turismo. The physics being the most sim-like in the entire series yet being accessible at the same time, cars do not sound like vacuum cleaners anymore, excellent photo realistic graphics with Scapes being the highlight, Sport Mode is a breath of fresh air, and most importantly the inclusion of free monthly DLC's instead of following Forza's rather expensive DLC plan. 

On the other hand, there are problems too within GT Sport. The car list is pretty lackluster with the lack of variety and the overcompensation of gimmicky VGT's, the track list is pretty barebones and the game desperately is in need of more tracks, the lack of a proper career mode is disconcerting as a massive fan of previous GT's but I can deal with that considering the game's focus is on Online eSports instead of traditional Gran Turismo, and also being always online only hindered the overall experience. Despite all that, I found GT Sport being a massive surprise and I'm certainly looking forward to the future of Gran Turismo once again after the letdown of the PS3 era titles. 

Lastly, I love Porsches and I'm so stoked to see them on Gran Turismo for the first time! 

BOBeBRL.jpg

HOjGysA.jpg

jOW2VBO.jpg

• Audi and JuniorChubb like this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 3 weeks ago

4900505817320555540_0.jpg

• JuniorChubb likes this

ryannata
  • ryannata

Kancut Sobek

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Just planning to get this game today, but i'm curious, is the daily race have a mandatory qualifying like project cars? cause i don't have a time to play for a long time just waiting for a qualifying session to end in 30 minutes

Turan
  • Turan

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Turan, 2 weeks ago.

Just planning to get this game today, but i'm curious, is the daily race have a mandatory qualifying like project cars? cause i don't have a time to play for a long time just waiting for a qualifying session to end in 30 minutes

No, the daily races A, B and C don't have mandatory qualifying. 

But the championship daily races do have a mandatory qualifying. And these races usually go on for around 30 minutes. The qualifying is around 10 min I think.

• JuniorChubb and ryannata like this

ryannata
  • ryannata

Kancut Sobek

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

^Thanks for the info, much appreciated :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users