Gran Turismo Sport

110 replies to this topic
Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:04 PM

That makes no sense. Apparently it's the real deal. Sort of. But couldn't you complete the events on a gamepad as well, which wouldn't train you to be a professional driver?

-RP-
  • -RP-

YT Streamer

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:54 PM Edited by -RP-, 15 October 2017 - 04:54 PM.

I've always enjoyed the GT series. The only complaint has always been the engines sound so computerized. Unlike Forza for example, which has more authentic engine sounds imo.

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:05 PM Edited by fashion, 15 October 2017 - 05:07 PM.

That makes no sense. Apparently it's the real deal. Sort of. But couldn't you complete the events on a gamepad as well, which wouldn't train you to be a professional driver?

Yes, I tried driver license tests in the beta. They're kinda fun to do but you're still sitting in front of the tv and do video game race challenges. The whole idea to grant good players the permission to earn a legit race license (I assume a very basic one) sounds simply bizzare.

Single player play prepares you to play good and play fair in online matches. It's great for those who want an ultra realistic experience, with penalties for bad players. I personally just want to play a game, pursue a singleplayer career. That's why I decided to skip it until it's cheaper. I never buy online games at full price.

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:11 PM

I've always enjoyed the GT series. The only complaint has always been the engines sound so computerized. Unlike Forza for example, which has more authentic engine sounds imo.

I think it's quite the reverse. Forza has more exaggerated engine sounds, of the sort that you would hear in a movie, but that's what makes them good. I haven't actually looked at comparisons with real life cars.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Very Nice Mayor at Cities Skylines

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:55 PM

wat

https://www.finder.c...rt-license-cost

Once you become a good driver, you may purchase a digital GT official license that will cost you 300$ a year. Did I understand that right?

I know it's optional but I simply do not understand this concept. If anyone knows what this is about and how it should benefit me to own a pixelized license, please tell me.

Is this a real life license you can get for playing gran turismo?

From what I understand, it works like some sort of certificate that says "hey guys, this guy knows the racing etiquette". The license is acknowledged by the FIA and if you have driver's license alongside it, then you're good to 'go'.

Go where I don't know. Real life race training or immediate race or go show off.

Turan
  • Turan

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:51 AM Edited by Turan, 17 October 2017 - 07:51 AM.

Im thinking of buying a racing wheel for this game, perhaps the T150 Pro. Not too expensive and good value for the money. Couple that with the shifter TH8A and Ill be set.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:02 PM

Quick review:

The good - Fantastic graphics! Runs 4k and HDR with good speed. Dont know if its 60fps, but looks good. Change of time of day has different effects on the same track, sun will get in your eyes, etc. sound is good, no complaints. UI is really polished.

The bad - Lack of various cars. Right now ther are about 5-6 cars per manufacturer. Pleased to see Porsche in a gt game, but again needs more variety. No need for 23498723987234 skylines, bus some better mix of classic and new cars. Another thing, many of the new cars ar in the 2013-2015 range. Would like to see something in the 2016/2017/2018 range since its a new game. Hopefully something in a future dlc.

The ugly - Constant online. The games saves to a central server. Starting out some of my progress and a picture (scrape) was lost. Wish ther was more local storage options. Not sure, but you may need a ps+ account to play. There are some good single-player options, but this is mainly an online game.
  • Tails Prower and Audi like this

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:06 PM

Some criticisms I found around the net:

- Since launch, servers have been down 2 times already. Meaning you aren't able to progress in the game at all and are stuck with the arcade mode. Can't buy a car, can't take a picture when offline.

- Gaming press can't review the game. Gamespot has delayed their review until november because everything is online-based and they want to test everything properly. They're waiting for the first major event, coming early november.

- According to players, you get a penalty if a player hits you. There goes fair play. You can play fair and aim to land in better lobbies but when someone hits you, you suffer for it.

I loved the gameplay in the beta but I can't stand the online approach. It's a shame because the gameplay is almost too good to be true. Bet this game would sell twice if not for the online stuff. Not everyone has space station quality internet connection.
  • scalliano likes this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:54 PM

I think it's quite the reverse. Forza has more exaggerated engine sounds, of the sort that you would hear in a movie, but that's what makes them good. I haven't actually looked at comparisons with real life cars.

really? to me in first person view it seems that the sound is way off

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:12 PM

Agreed Fashion, had server issues last night and couldn't save. Think I lost some decals from one of the track challenges. Hope this is patched and that you will be able to save off-line. Having a single-player experience marred by server issues just shouldn't be.

While I do like the game it does feel a bit unfinished. I've played two other games like this, no Man's Sky and Metal Gear Solid V. No Man's Sky has been improved upon along the way, MGSV hasn't. I'm hoping PD takes the No Man's Sky approach and apply changes along the way. The last GT grew over time with some added tracks and features. Not sure if we're getting new tracks, but some more cars would be nice. I would like to see more of the lower-level cars and some classics. If this game is supposed to bring people into racing, some of the lower-powered cars would be a great start. I think starting out with some of the race cars actually puts some of the new players at a disadvantage. Learn in the low-powered cars and move your way up. Most of the manufactures have a few standard cars and the rest race cars. Some of them, like porsche, are almost all race cars. More diversity in the different classes would be nice.

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:09 PM

Why is it allowed to use driving assistance in online mode?
Ok riddle me of this, I am not against it when players who are new to racing games set driving assitance on easy, so the CPU will basically help them on any curve when to break, when to speed up and when to lean in, but when good / experienced players are using this or got the driving assistance on in online mode, it does give them a huge advantage over players who set this option off.

I am not against driving assistance in online mode, when GT would actually give you the option to select races which allows this option and races for ppl where this option can't be selected, but this is not the case here.

Am I wrong?

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Happy Birthday! Azu-nyan (11/11)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

I have not played the full game yet due to Amazon mucking up my pre-order for collectors edition but I did play the demo.

My copy is currently sitting to collect but of course the collection office is closed on a Saturday... :miranda:

The always online issue is a big bug bear of mine and as seems to have been mentioned already loss of unlocks etc is a big concern for me.

The penalty is a definetly no go area that I hope is improved, it was present in the demo as well, I am a D grade at the moment in the demo because I was hit by lag players

even though no other cars were nearby during online racing.

Offline there does not seem to be too much to keep things going once you've completed the Driving/Mission/Track experience but I am okay with that.

Hopefully the game will naturally have new features added/cars and improve the experience over time but I cannot see me doing much online racing as I know many gamers

have their views on playing with unknown players in racing games and although I consider myself a clean driver they'll look at the ratings and make up their own mind.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:25 PM

I kind of look at the online racing as an arcade mode with better (or worse) AI drivers. I was doing one of the arcade challenges last night and the Ai can be bone-headed at times. For example I would start out but another car would always pass me before heading into a turn. The AI would swing in-front of me and brake EVERY TIME. So I ended up just blocking his pass so I could enter the turn normally. That would be the opposite of what they teach in the sportsman videos, but the AI wasn't really following it either. So maybe the online players will be a less bit robotic. If someone taps me, that's fine, just as long as it's not intentional.

Just a quick update, the server maintenance from the other night did affect my save. I lost a gold in a track challenge and had to do the entire race again. My recommendation would be to check the news feed and see what times the maintenance periods are and avoid them. If you're doing a race or whatever it will not save for you. Hopefully PD will fix this in a future patch, relying on the servers for a save isn't a good idea.

Other than that I do like the game, but would recommend anyone on the fence to give it a week and let some of the kinks be worked out.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:31 AM

Well I've now had my first day playing the game yesterday and have to say I am very much enjoying just doing arcade and online races not looked at

any of the mission/driving challenges yet although I am still getting to grips with proper racing and getting used to the cars again just now so not many

results.

Overall I think a good job has been done on the game though I am still thinking the online racing ettique may need some tweaks due to people's

driving/ramming habbits but I can live with that.

The part I'm gonna spend most of my time in though is scapes and doing races to photograph cars in racing conditions and also likely to spend time with

the livery editor once that's fully available as I have to make my Tails liveried car.

Very impressed with the shared liveries so far and very happy to see quite a few anime related liveries already, if you happen to see Miku or Asuka from

Evangelion on a car in an online race chances are it will be me as driven that Lancer livery and 86 livery a lot so far.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:29 AM

After a few weeks playing this game, i am going to go ahead and give my honest opinion.

This game is and looks unfinished. The car list is ridiculous, very short and most are cars that don't exist in real life like the ones in the "Gran Turismo Vision". I hope they add many more car brands and models to the existing ones. While i am having a blast with the Photo mode taking incredible pictures in hundreds of sceneries from all over the world to chose from, i dislike that the location you choose is so.static. I mean, you can only move the car around and can only zoom in and out, i believe it would be better if you could also have a 360º camera with a built up setting like we previously had in GT5:

Another thing i dislike is the Track list. Yes i know, we get Interlagos and the Nurburgring racetracks, but we are missing a lot of tracks. And no, i am not talking about well known tracks (They could add Spa though), but rather urban tracks like Monaco, or even made up tacks in Hong Kong and Macau. Also, they go to Spain and Italy quite often to develope stuff for their games, they should do a remake on this incredible track i LOVED in Gran Turismo 4

Also, what is the point of having Go karts if you don't have a proper Kart Track like we had in GT5. We all did the same as did guy... Or at least we tried :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQJ4WOLfF7Y

So in short:

Things i like:

1. Free cars for completing daily miles/km challenge.

2. Cars are not expensive AF and it's easy to win money

3. Livery options is very cool. It even let's you customize the license plate which that made my day as a plate addicted person

4. Turning signals. It might be stupid but i enjoy them.

5. Photo Editor having hundreds of places to chose from.

Things i dislike:

1. Car list is poor and short

2. Lack of tracks. Especially Urban

3. Savegame sometimes fails. I have had to buy a car twice beacause the game didn't save properly. (I always manually save before exiting the game)

4. PhotoMode sceneries are not 360º and you can't move the camera around

5. To many ads not related to cars. I don't care about the day Facebook was launched or even Amazon

6. Too many concept cars and Racing cars and very few stock cars

7. Lack of old cars and even other types of vehicles like SUV's or pickups

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:04 PM

I think this game is sorta like Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Maybe Sony and Polyphony Digital are secretly working on another Gran Turismo installment with more content than Sport.
  • Audi likes this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

Either that or they will keep working and release a few DLC

Audi
  • Audi

ヤクザ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ukraine
  • Most Improved Member 2017
    Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:16 AM

I think this game is sorta like Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Maybe Sony and Polyphony Digital are secretly working on another Gran Turismo installment with more content than Sport.

I feel the same way. Although it doesn't seem as lacking as GT5 Prolouge was. That felt like a damn demo lol.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:56 PM

Well as I said earlier, I think it's a prolouge but without the prolouge title.

I'm pleased the daily races are going to change daily now that's probably gonna keep things interesting for me as I have not done much online racing yet

and really need to start getting some practice.

It's still early days of the game but I've been solidly playing away at it since I got my copy back on the 23rd, haven't tried any of the missions yet as been working my

way through the arcade races and as of last night my favourite car is the Corvette C7 with Sonic the Hedgehog decals

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:42 PM

Well as I said earlier, I think it's a prolouge but without the prolouge title.

shNbCDR.png

• Audi, Rotary and ARTHUR. like this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:05 PM

New update (v 1.05)

Still no custom vinyls...

Audi
  • Audi

ヤクザ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ukraine
  • Most Improved Member 2017
    Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:47 PM Edited by Audi, 04 November 2017 - 08:48 PM.

Some pics I took in the beta.

23847207448_823ead5577_h.jpg37029918443_c93a4b312d_h.jpg37029917793_ee21063aa1_h.jpg23847207358_11cefc9e76_h.jpg23847207968_2964953ce1_h.jpg37029919283_abc85195f9_h.jpg

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:52 PM Edited by JuniorChubb, 14 November 2017 - 07:53 PM.

A few of us a getting on GT Sport tonight for a bit of clean, friendly racing in a lobby... we have a range of skill levels, from awesome then right  down to me..

Drop me a friend request (JuniorChubb) if you want to jump in :)

Starting in 10 mins or so.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:26 AM

Uploading your custom Vinyl to the game is a pain in the f*cking ass. I haven't been able to do it so far.

I am going to have to wait a few weeks until someone decides to upload a tutorial on youtube.

f*ck .svg files.

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:58 PM

Uploading your custom Vinyl to the game is a pain in the f*cking ass. I haven't been able to do it so far.
I am going to have to wait a few weeks until someone decides to upload a tutorial on youtube.

As far as I know you upload the SVG via the website not the game. There is also a file size limit too.

I will be trying it soon I am just stuck in Creator right now...

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:30 PM

If it still has no realistic damage, i won't buy it. Simple as that.

Star-Lord
  • Star-Lord

Freelance Outlaw And A Great Dancer

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:08 PM

wat

https://www.finder.c...rt-license-cost

Once you become a good driver, you may purchase a digital GT official license that will cost you 300$ a year. Did I understand that right?

I know it's optional but I simply do not understand this concept. If anyone knows what this is about and how it should benefit me to own a pixelized license, please tell me.

Is this a real life license you can get for playing gran turismo?

It turns out, it really is real.

But not recognized by all motor Clubs.... Well not yet that is.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:52 AM

As far as I know you upload the SVG via the website not the game. There is also a file size limit too.

I have been trying to use the website's uploader all day without success. If I manage to get a .svg file that's less than 15kb It will still say: ".svg file not supported or some sh*t like that"

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:39 PM

this game even has a car as gift on your birthday :)

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:13 PM

I have been trying to use the website's uploader all day without success. If I manage to get a .svg file that's less than 15kb It will still say: ".svg file not supported or some sh*t like that"

I can't even access the uploader yet :(

What software are you creating your SVG files in?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users