Gran Turismo Sport

110 replies to this topic
Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:10 PM

It's not meant to look that interesting. I mean GT has some unique features but it is trying to be a sim racing game and those are kinda boring by definition (because they get repetitive quickly). So unless you enjoy driving in games that attempt to emulate the car physics more realistically you're not going to find these types of games very enjoyable.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:14 PM

Not even close to what I meant. I know what GT is, started with the first - This isn't GT.

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:44 PM

Your post was vague so I assumed you were talking about racing games in general. Yeah, the details about the single player campaign sound too vague to me. I mean the game is near release date and that's the best they could come up with?

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:37 PM Edited by SouthLand, 15 August 2017 - 04:37 PM.

I have always been a Gran Turismo fan but i have my doubts on getting this game. I loved when you could buy stock cars and make them as fast as you could updating their performance and mess around with the car's settings. Yes, i know in the new game we will be able to do that, but rumors are that the car list is not that big and most of the cars are racing cars with liveries. I don't know you guys, but i miss the old days where you had  fun buying a Fiat Panda 4x4 in the used market, and then making the car a hell of a ride.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:14 PM Edited by Pedinhuh, 18 August 2017 - 01:15 PM.

TRACK LIST IS OUT:

Real world locations:

Autodromo José Carlos Pace Grand Prix Circuit(Interlagos:) )

Brands Hatch Indy
Brands Hatch GP

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit

Nurburgring GP
Nurburgring N24
Nurburgring Nordschleife

Suzuka Circuit
Suzuka Circuit East Course

Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow
Willow Springs International Raceway: Horsethief Mile
Willow Springs International Raceway Streets of Willow

Original tracks:

Alsace - Village

Autodrome Lago Maggiore GP

BB Raceway

Blue Moon Bay

Colorado Springs - Lake

Dragon Trail International Raceway - Seaside

Fisherman's Ranch

Kyoto Driving Park - Miyabi
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamigawa

Northern Isle Speedway

Sardegna - Windmills

City Locations

Tokyo Expressway - Central Outer Loop
Tokyo Expressway - East Outer Loop

Source: https://www.gtplanet...ck-list.357850/

So far 11 original tracks, 6 real-life tracks, and 28 variants of those tracks are what we got, I wouldn't expect this list to change at least until launch day.

Yes, this track list is quite underwhelming, but at least I'm happy that they finally got their heads out of their asses and finally added Interlagos to the mix, I was very disappointed when I saw that no Interlagos would be present on GT6, considering all the tributes that game made to Ayrton Senna.

I guess Special Stage Route 11 and Red Rock Valley are nothing but a dream at this point...

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:29 PM

Honestly, this game feels like a Prologue game now.

What a waste of a FIA license...

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:47 PM Edited by fashion, 18 August 2017 - 01:47 PM.

So I've heard there's no singleplayer career mode or just a dumbed down version of it?
  • Pedinhuh likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:52 PM

So I've heard there's no singleplayer career mode or just a dumbed down version of it?

Circuit Experience and Racing Etiquette, both modes should focus on teaching you the ropes of properly racing in online.

I'd say it's a dumbed down version, the game is focused on E-sports and -ugh- PvP, so online is the focus.

VROmead
  • VROmead

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

This game is going to be lackluster. What a shame, GT used to be the king of circuit racing and now Forza Motor sport has firmly taken grasp of that title. Won't be getting it, guess Payback will be the game for me this year.

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

Wow. I remember spending hours on GT3's career mode and now it's replaced with a tutorial mode? Just wow.

Oh wait let's include career mode as dlc. Lmao

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:24 PM

Im starving for a good racing game this gen...

Audi
  • Audi

ヤクザ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ukraine
  • Most Improved Member 2017
    Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:31 AM

Man this is not looking very promising  :(

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:01 PM

I expect more tracks at launch or as DLC's.

Slightly ot, don't expect this to be 4k, but is this going to have HRD in the game? At least the single player option I hope...
  • Pedinhuh likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:11 PM

I expect more tracks at launch or as DLC's.

Slightly ot, don't expect this to be 4k, but is this going to have HRD in the game? At least the single player option I hope...

4k and 1080p are confirmed for PS4 Pro users.
http://www.eurogamer...s4-pro-analysis

I think 60 FPS is confirmed too, but not sure.

Turan
  • Turan

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:34 PM

I am still pissed about the lack of a career mode. But damn, the gameplay is fantastic! I really didn't expect it to be this good. It makes Project Cars 2 look really bad compared to it. 

One gripe about the beta: I'm already getting network errors. That is not something I want to see from an online only racing game. Come on now. 

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:01 PM Edited by fashion, 09 October 2017 - 07:09 PM.

I agree. The gameplay is excellent. Seems to be the best racing sim I've ever played in fact. The amount of features is huge. I could spend hours taking the perfect picture. Photomode in this game is GENIOUS. The so-called "career" modes piss me off yet at the same time, I do enjoy them. It's challenging and fun to reach for the gold score in all kinds of different scenarios.

Don't even get me started on the showroom. Sure, it's all info I could simply look up online, but having it there in my game is truly something else. The level of thought and detail into the various features of the game goes through the roof.

Why? I simply don't understand. For f*cks sake. Why, gran turismo? Why? Why do you lock every single game mode besides arcade when offline? Why can't I save my goddamn save game on my console storage like in every other game released in the last 25 years? Where's the damn logic in that?

I'm so mad about this. This system sucks ass and there's no good excuse. I don't want to worry about server issues or internet connection when I want to do SP challenges, buy a car or take a f*cking photo.

Honestly, it's the only thing keeping me away from buying this unbelievably gorgeus game. The gap between real live and video game graphics has never been so thin before.

Edit: I also tried online. It's weird you have to wait for events. I just want to play them right away.

Lack of career also leaves a sour taste in my mouth but there is a decent progression system. Maybe I'd even enjoy the online part like they intended but idk..

Turan
  • Turan

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:17 PM Edited by Turan, 09 October 2017 - 09:18 PM.

There are two online modes actually. Sport is the competitive mode (which makes you wait) and then there are the lobbies. You can jump in an online game right away in the lobbies. 

I agree about the online saving nonsense. I hope they will change that as time goes on. 

Man, I promised myself I wasn't going to buy this game for the lack of career. And after buying Project Cars 2 (and being disappointed with it) I was even more convinced that I wouldn't buy GT. But after playing this demo I'm seriously considering a day one purchase. The gameplay (and graphics) is THAT good. Even the rallying is amazing and super fun. 

sh*t, this may be the best handling racing game I've ever played. Can't wait to delve in more the next couple of days.

el carlitos
  • el carlitos

Less luxury, more urban style

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:29 AM

I tried the demo yesterday. Well graphics are amazing, specially at night. Physics are realistic except crashes, they just feel wrong.

Worst aspect, it just doesn't make fun to me. I deleted the game after two hours.

I prefer racing at GTA.

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:33 AM

I tried the demo yesterday. Well graphics are amazing, specially at night. Physics are realistic except crashes, they just feel wrong.
Worst aspect, it just doesn't make fun to me. I deleted the game after two hours.
I prefer racing at GTA.

Sure, people have different tastes. Racing simulators are very different from arcade/casual race games. I haven't properly played a racing sim since gran turismo 3 from ps2 so the beta makes me quite nostalgic.

One part of me wants to buy this game but the other doesn't because of the bullsh*t online approach. I'm stuck.

Audi
  • Audi

ヤクザ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ukraine
  • Most Improved Member 2017
    Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:46 AM

I'm enjoying it so far. Photo mode is f*cking great too. GG to them on that definitely. 

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:00 AM

this game takes 20+ hours for downloading

started yesterday

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:09 PM

I prefer racing at GTA.

No, just no. The door is that a way --->

Demo looks good, looking forward to the release.

Q: Does the demo need to remain on the HDD for the data transfer? Or will the saved files work in the full version? I'm running out of free space.
  • el carlitos and Audi like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:12 AM Edited by Pedinhuh, 13 October 2017 - 12:20 AM.

This was a pleasant surprise...I was expecting the same horse sh*t that GT5 was, but boy I was wrong, here are my positive first impressions:

-Graphics are probably the best PS4 has to offer, I have not a single complain about this;

-Physics are very user friendly, they lean more on the arcade side than simulation side though.

-The community so far is great, I haven't run into a single dirty driver yet, and there is neat a option that disables contact in case of strong collisions, that cuts down on the trolling a lot and I like that.

-Livery editor is truly something to behold, lots of options to pick up, many ways to edit formats, but I ran into some issues when trying to apply a side strip on the lateral of my V8 Vantage Gr4.

-Scapes...I fail to see the point in this, not my thing so I didn't even touched.

-For online players, you can tell there is a real sense of progression, the game tracks how many miles you have driven besides your experience points;

-You get bad ratings for driving aggressively on rated races(the official tournaments), this shows who are the bad driverd and there are filters to remove the bad drivers and I love that!

Overall you can tell the game is very polished.

With all the positives out of the way now I have to talk about the negatives:

-Car sounds still aren't on the same level of the competition, specially the robotic gear shifts, transmission whine is loud and realistic but shouldn't be louder than the engine sound, still it's a HUGE step up from GT5 and GT6, at least they are trying now;

-Damage physics are the same old immovable bricks since GT1, which means you can still use the old lean-on-the-other-car-to-take-this-corner-faster, and damages are superficial, mostly scraps on the paintjob;

-There is no offline career mode, but driving missions, license tests and circuit experience can be done offline, but I'd rather have a real Career mode, this means that the game has no longetivity, and for single players, there is not a end-game;

-Soundtrack is boring, not a single track stands out;

-Penalties are mostly useless, they don't force you to slow down once you get penalized, and usually the penalties don't exceed 2.5 seconds, this gives me a lot of leeways to cut through a strategic corner and then slow a bit down on the others, Mark my words, players will be abusing that in no time.

-Tuning is very limited, performance wise you can only do the following:
Tweak the downforce, add about 50% more horsepower, reduce about 25% of weight, fiddle with suspension, gear ratios and LSD settings, hopefully the full game has more options;

-Cars from different classes can race on the same race, but there are no alternate grids for different classes, this means that the fastest car will always score the first place and get the highest reward.
The full game needs to have alternative grids for different classes on the same race.

Also, GTA players will have a hard time adjust to the handling of this game, which shuts up whoever still thinks GTA 5 car handling is remotely realistic

I decided to buy this, but not day one as its too expensive around here.
  • Audi likes this

Chronic
  • Chronic

• Goon Squad
  • None

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

xw59U2K6_o.jpg

• Spaghetti Cat, OVO, Pedinhuh and 3 others like this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:12 PM

Also, GTA players will have a hard time adjust to the handling of this game, which shuts up whoever still thinks GTA 5 car handling is remotely realistic

i doubt anything remotely realistic could be played with a controller, the triggers are not enough to control with precision the traction of the car. i still haven't played the game so i wont comment on how the car feels (weight etc)

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

The game is boss, totally. I've played every GT since day dot and this one is all the way quality (and actually seems finished for a change !:)

Turan
  • Turan

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:02 PM

The first racing game ever in which I genuinely enjoyed racing online. You made me eat crow, Polyphony Digital. Well done.

• elfoam likes this

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

dem, 1 more hour until the beta is downloaded and I just read that the beta ended on 12 Oct.

lol what the

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

dem, 1 more hour until the beta is downloaded and I just read that the beta ended on 12 Oct.

lol what the

haha it was extended for a couple days, just finished today. Don't worry though it's out in a few days. The only thing that REALLY needed fixing I saw in the demo was the controller not having sensitivity settings and by default (which you couldn't change) there was a huge lag in the steering which was designed to make using a controller easier.. Hoe ever it made counter-steering and drifting impossible. I didn't mention it though because there was an in game message saying they were aware it was a mistake and they will fix it in the full game. I'm not sure if they will add adjustable settings (I hope so) or just speed up the default setting. Anyway I usually use a wheel but don't have a PS4 one yet so I"ll have to use a controller for a few weeks so I hope it gets fixed in a good way.

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:43 AM Edited by fashion, 15 October 2017 - 06:43 AM.

wat

https://www.finder.c...rt-license-cost

Once you become a good driver, you may purchase a digital GT official license that will cost you 300$ a year. Did I understand that right?

I know it's optional but I simply do not understand this concept. If anyone knows what this is about and how it should benefit me to own a pixelized license, please tell me.

Is this a real life license you can get for playing gran turismo?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users