PS2 v1: Glitches and how to avoid them

37 replies to this topic
OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:13 PM Edited by OrionSR, 03 November 2015 - 09:19 PM.

I don't think this is the place for a discussion on how the Savegame Editor v3.x, SASE v1.00 or other editing tools can be used safely on PS2 saves. That should be a productive conversation though as there are some outstanding features available to PS2 players that can copy saves between their computers and memory cards. However, for the purpose of avoiding glitches; the Savegame Editor was not designed or tested for PS2 saves. Paul included some basic detection strategies because the documentation was easily available but he didn't seem to have much interest in PS2 compatibility - without a way for him to test anything it was all theoretical anyway. The Savegame Editor is out of date. It doesn't include the new discoveries learned from examining VC, III, mobile, and PS2 save structures more closely. Also, I think the Taxi fix is broken on the Savegame Editor (isn't needed on PS2). This is due to an error in my documentation; something Samutz isolated while testing the new upgrades to SnP.

Things like moving Madd Dogg's disk, the basketball fix, gym fix, traffic fix, two-timing and HC toggles, etc., are dangerous to use on anything other than PC saves because they edit global variables that are usually different on PS2v1 and PC, and always different on PS2v2. When you make a change that doesn't seem to work that means something else just got tweaked. Without cross referencing the variables between scripts you can't tell if those changes are important or not. SnP has a full reference table for all SA global variables.

Earlier versions of the Savegame Editor's traffic fix didn't include the modification to the fast food and phone call timers that are recorded as global variables. That was something Krawk discovered when he applied the traffic fix right after eating.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:22 AM

I'll stick to using SnP if I encounter the traffic glitch. Does SnP fix two-timing dates?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:57 AM Edited by Militia, 09 November 2015 - 11:57 AM.

I don't thinl SnP fixes the Traffic Glitch.  I don't think there is any fix on SnP for this as it's different for everybody, basically...

It probably doesn't fix two-time dates, either.  Only PC Version can reverse things like this easily, not on PS2.  It's easy to keep the two time dating scripts active and you wouldn't need them active unless you plan on getting Helena's AP Bandito, Denise's AP Hustler, Millie's AP Feltzer, Michelle's AP Monster, Barbara's AP Ranger, or Katie's AP Romero.  Those are the 6 Girlfriends and the Vehicle they each drive as a Jealous Girlfriend and the ones you can obtain in AP form.  The AP Feltzer from Millie is useless, though, as there is an AP/EC2 Feltzer in End of the Line and it's easy to get and imo, is better to get.  But if you're not going for Special Vehicles, none of the two time dating scripts matter...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:11 PM

Ignore Militia, he doesn't know what he's talking about. SnP has no trouble applying the traffic fix to PS2 saves.

Disabling of the two-timing dates is not considered a glitch. Odd design choice or poor programming maybe, but everything is working properly. So no, SnP won't fix it. It should be easy to fix with cheat device codes.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:20 PM Edited by Helegad, 09 November 2015 - 10:24 PM.

I don't own any cheat devices unfortunately, and Militia, I want to do a two-timing date just to experience it :p I like my cars destructible anyway.

Are we sure that two-timing dates are not glitchy? I've never had one before, and I had no idea it could happen prior to this year; I believe they are disabled after going on a successful date when you only have one girlfriend? I've always dated Denise at least once or twice before getting any other girlfriends. It just seems like what Rockstar intended players to do, and if that is the case, no "planned players" would ever experience a two-timing date.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:51 AM

You will only get a two-time date when you have 2 girlfriends or more and NEVER have gone on any date after Burning Desire when you get Denise.  Or at least, that is what I do.  I get Denise in the beginning, and then not touch her until after Green Goo to get the 5 of 6 AP Jealous Girlfriend Vehicles (Bandito, Hustler, Monster, Ranger, and Romero).  Sometimes I don't even need to use Denise at all, but I still need her to show up on a date to get the Hustler, obviously.  But I don't take her out...

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:00 AM Edited by Helegad, 10 November 2015 - 09:02 AM.

You will only get a two-time date when you have 2 girlfriends or more and NEVER have gone on any date after Burning Desire when you get Denise.  Or at least, that is what I do.  I get Denise in the beginning, and then not touch her until after Green Goo to get the 5 of 6 AP Jealous Girlfriend Vehicles (Bandito, Hustler, Monster, Ranger, and Romero).  Sometimes I don't even need to use Denise at all, but I still need her to show up on a date to get the Hustler, obviously.  But I don't take her out...

Well, yes, that's all well and good but I'm asking if the two-timing dates getting disabled is really a glitch or not. I've read that the variable in question ends up as a default -1; 0 would mean the date proceeds without a jealous girlfriend showing up, and 1 would mean she does show, but -1? It just fits the description of a glitch very well...

Kizoky
  • Kizoky

Reality is illusion

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:42 AM

Someone with a PS4 can confirm if any of the PS2 bugs still present in the game?
For some reason PS4 is not using the remastered version that was made for PS3, but rather, the original PS2 port
It loads very slowly so I suspect that they have some sort of emulator built-in

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users