Grand Theft Auto Vice City Unique Vehicle Guide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
333 replies to this topic
DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Special Vehicle Hoarder

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:15 AM Edited by DragonpokeZ, 19 November 2015 - 06:13 AM.

Yea, but I really don't know what happened. The Sentinel is spawned as part of the normal car spawning system. The system picks that spawning point by the Hyman Memorial Stadium, which is marked as a random car spawn, so it asks the system for a car to spawn based on the area and car you're driving. Then, the system picks its colors for the car, which once again are marked as random, so the carcols file is consulted for which colors can the Sentinel have and one is picked as random. The thing is, (0,0) is not a possibility in the algorithim, therefore it shouldn't have been picked. So there must have been something going on. I have been playing with mission duplication, which already may have glitched my asset pickup by the Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory. We would definitely have to check the script file. I'll try to do that now.

Where is the script file located in Vice City?

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Special Vehicle Hoarder

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:50 AM

Nobody enters here anymore apparently...

My savefile and the backup I made are both corrupted and don't know how to fix it. I guess it's time to restart :c I don't want to get that stupid BP/FP/EP PCJ-600 again, dammit

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

Special Vehicle Collector

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:09 AM

That Pony mentioned before serms interesting

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:32 AM Edited by Militia, 19 November 2015 - 11:33 AM.

Nobody enters here anymore apparently...

My savefile and the backup I made are both corrupted and don't know how to fix it. I guess it's time to restart :c I don't want to get that stupid BP/FP/EP PCJ-600 again, dammit

Lol...How come you always get corrupt.  Either you're using Mods/Cheats of some sort or you are using the Replay Glitch incorrectly.  That feature f*cks your game up if you don't know what you are doing :p

I don't really know what to say in this Topic anymore cuz VC is really easy for me and the only thing I am into at this present time is SA on PS2 and Mobile.  All 9 of my other GTA Games and Saves are as good as possible and I don't think of VC right now since a lot is going on with SA...

That Pony mentioned before serms interesting

What do you mean?  I could of sworn I saw a Black Pony and Black Admiral in the past DURING Check out at the Check In and Loose Ends.  I believe when I reloaded after screwing up one time each this has happened.  One time, I saw a Black Admiral spawn with nobody inside of it in the grass in front of the Escobar Airport right after shooting the person in the mall.

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

Not the color, but the boxes in the back.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:51 AM

Ah, I see.  Yeah that is pretty cool, but no items from Vehicles save with the Vehicle besides for GTA III.  Just like in this Guide about the Taxi with Trunk Open and such.  All of these things revert back to normal when you store them.

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Special Vehicle Hoarder

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:08 PM Edited by DragonpokeZ, 20 November 2015 - 01:16 AM.

@Militia Idk, lol. I had modified my savefile a little, but I hadn't messed with pickups, only with vehicle spawns, and the only things I did were to enable all spawns and move the Stretch at the Vercetti State a little so that the Silver Admiral could always spawn. I don't know what went wrong. Anyways, I couldn't sleep tonight, so I got going with this game and I'm back at Guardian Angels now, but this time I'm going to get ALL vehicles, including EC2s and Cortez's Speeder (just cause why not xD)

UPDATE: I'm all the way back at the BP/FP/EP Squalo, stored at the Hyman Condo 1 garage

UPDATE 2: Desproving more ECs:

EC Maverick from Loose Ends

Spoiler

Maverick spawned at the Hyman Condo:

Spoiler

These are from the same savefile that got corrupted. Do you guys think that save corruption had anything to do with all these ECs spawning naturally?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:48 AM

I haven't a clue why those EC's keep spawning.  I only ever saw this happen once on PS2.  I never got a corrupt GTA Save in my life on Console, lol...Or Mobile...

blaze
  • blaze

Big Homie

• The Yardies
  • Macau
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:46 PM

Maybe it's because since you've drove those vehicles the game keeps them in memory and spawns them again much like how the Sultan RS in IV only spawns behind the mansion and then once you drive it it'll spawn in traffic.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

Yeah, that is how the Laundromat in IV and TLaD is like.  It's a Unique Vehicle, only found in traffic IF YOU ARE driving one yourself.  Other than that, you will only see it in 2 missions each for IV and TLaD.  But when it comes to COLORS, I don't think it can keep that in memory.  Usually Black Vehicles in 3D Era are only found in Missions scripted to be Black or you need to use Black Traffic Cheat to make any Vehicle into Black.

That is why I like EC Black Vehicles the most over any other EC cuz there is a Cheat to make them EC Black, but I get all Black Vehicles without Cheats of course, so it's pretty cool there is a lot in VC and VCS.

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Special Vehicle Hoarder

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 22 November 2015 - 05:06 AM

If anyone is interested in cheat vehicles, here's something i found:

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:05 PM

I actually posted that same link from 4emp2008 a few weeks back when the OP had this Topic named something different as well as the entire layout of the Topic was different, too, but then my post got deleted.

That is the EC White Admiral, but it's useless to get with Cheats.  It doesn't need to be AP/EC White as there already is an AP/EC Silver Admiral and can get with passing the Mission.  The White one is cool to have in just EC form and WITHOUT Cheats to make it AP.

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Special Vehicle Hoarder

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:38 PM

I guess so

Redoing my collection is so far going smoothly. So far, I have the EC White Admiral, Unique Spand Express, AP/EC Silver Admiral, BP/FP/EP Squalo, BP/FP/EP PCJ-600, Unique RC Baron, FP/EP Hotring Racer, BP/FP/EP Sanchez, EC Black Rancher, EC Black Sanchez, EC2 Wet Alphast Patriot, EC Black Washington, and all three Autocide EC vehicles

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:10 AM Edited by radioman, 23 November 2015 - 12:23 AM.

Nice guide here, props for the detailed guide. :) However, as seen in the Pinned "Guides and Walkthroughs" topic, the Sunshine autos race vehicles are NOT proofed or unique.

Disapproved Cars
The cars all involved in the Vice City Racer are not BP/EP/FP/DP

Also, an easy and beneficial way to get money for safe houses with garages in the beginning is to collect the hidden packages. Not only do they give free weapons/armor after every 10, but each one gives $100. It is required for 100%, so why not get them out of the way in the beginning while the extra weapons like the colt and minigun and armor at 3 safe houses can be beneficial to you. All 100 can be got in the beginning without cheats afterall.

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Special Vehicle Hoarder

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:02 AM

The Sunshine Autos race cars are FP only. They're not BP, EP, DP, or even PP or TP

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:15 AM Edited by Militia, 23 November 2015 - 11:51 AM.

Also, an easy and beneficial way to get money for safe houses with garages in the beginning is to collect the hidden packages. Not only do they give free weapons/armor after every 10, but each one gives $100. It is required for 100%, so why not get them out of the way in the beginning while the extra weapons like the colt and minigun and armor at 3 safe houses can be beneficial to you. All 100 can be got in the beginning without cheats afterall.

I actually do 44% in VC before "An Old Friend."  When I save, it says "In the Beginning..."  But yeah, I do ALL Rampages, ALL Stunt Jumps (Except 1) and ALL Hidden Packages before the first Story Mission in the Game.  I also do other stuff, too, like Paramedics, Vigilante, Pizza Boy, Taxi, Firefighter, etc, etc...

So every time I start a VC playthrough, I am already 44% and I also have the EC White Admiral, EC Black Sanchez, and EC Black Rancher in my Starter Save, as well.  I've done this for both PS2 and iOS.

The Sunshine Autos race cars are FP only. They're not BP, EP, DP, or even PP or TP

Exactly.  The Race Vehicles are only FP.  In the Chain Game it says EP/FP, but this is wrong of course.  And they certainly are not AP, either.  They are just FP/PP/TP and the PP and TP properties are removed upon storing it in a Garage and only retains the FP property.  There is the FP Infernus, FP Banshee, and FP Cheetah.  All simple to get and can pass the Race to get one of each, too.

VC is too easy and boring for me.  I can't seem to get any challenge when I do VC, which bores me.  I did it in 19 Hours and 10 Minutes for 27 Special Vehicles and only missing EP/FP Hotring Racer.  I am not challenged in VC at all...

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Special Vehicle Hoarder

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:40 AM

Before I played VC, I used to hear all these horror stories about Demolition Man and Death Row and about the BP/FP/EP Squalo but none of those are that bad. Specially Death Row with the AP/EC Silver Admiral

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:51 AM

Inexperienced players...That's all...

Even when me and a friend played III and VC back in 2005-6-7 none of the Story Missions caused a problem.  Then literally almost a decade later I join here and hear people complaining about some of these Missions in VC and literally just sit here scratching my head :blink:  I don't get how people have problems with some of these Missions.  I just use the parked Sentinel XS sitting there next to Lance during Death Row.  Easy as sh*t.  You just get to the main road and drive North to the Hospital.  How hard can it be?  Shooting the guys when you come into the Compound is so easy, too.  I barely take any damage to Tommy during this Mission.  Demolition Man is easy, too.  It's just like flying any old Maverick.  Maybe this was hard back in 2002 with the inception of Helicopters, but now?  How is it hard?  Lol...It's been over a decade to learn how to fly people.  It's a run of the mill Mission.  Nothing challenging at all.  Never failed these Missions, in fact.  Bombs Away! is worse but even that isn't bad...

I never use Special Vehicles for going to 100%.  I just them AFTER 100%.  I don't need "help" from a Special Vehicle and using in a Mission.

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Special Vehicle Hoarder

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:13 PM

And speaking of Demolition Man, is it possible to obtain the helicopter used in that mission, the RC Goblin, in a similar fashion to obtaining the RC Baron? Or for that matter, is it possible to obtain the other RC vehicles?

Super Grunt 281
  • Super Grunt 281

Crackhead

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:09 AM Edited by Super Grunt 281, 24 November 2015 - 06:12 AM.

In case no one is aware of this...

Doing vigilante missions make your vehicle pop proof.

Unless it's me, I remember driving over one of those spike things the cops use, nothing but smoke, Cheetah was fine... that was another story for the cops behind lol.

About missions because you guys are on, Demolition Man is easy, the only threat is the PIG guys with guns and only if the helicopter took damage from something else on your way. The one from the Top Fun van at the airport, is annoying.

Death Row... well that was annoying to drive away from angry Comet but now I use a Maverick for the mission, just like speedrunners.

I'm doing my own starter save for Vice City, I keep this place in mind because I think I will use the said starter save and gather unique vehicles.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:39 PM

And speaking of Demolition Man, is it possible to obtain the helicopter used in that mission, the RC Goblin, in a similar fashion to obtaining the RC Baron? Or for that matter, is it possible to obtain the other RC vehicles?

Not sure.  If it's possible, it would only be possible on PC with that Replay Feature or whatever....

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:03 PM

In case no one is aware of this...

Doing vigilante missions make your vehicle pop proof.

Unless it's me, I remember driving over one of those spike things the cops use, nothing but smoke, Cheetah was fine... that was another story for the cops behind lol.

About missions because you guys are on, Demolition Man is easy, the only threat is the PIG guys with guns and only if the helicopter took damage from something else on your way. The one from the Top Fun van at the airport, is annoying.

Death Row... well that was annoying to drive away from angry Comet but now I use a Maverick for the mission, just like speedrunners.

I'm doing my own starter save for Vice City, I keep this place in mind because I think I will use the said starter save and gather unique vehicles.

Don't forget the UC Admiral in the beginning though
  • DragonpokeZ and Lennart - like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:26 PM

Or the Black Rancher and Black Sanchez, however, you can get them whenever you want, but the EC White Admiral is automatically missed if you don't store it right in the beginning by doing a Side Mission to get money to buy a Safehouse with a Garage.

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Special Vehicle Hoarder

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:59 PM Edited by DragonpokeZ, 24 November 2015 - 11:48 PM.

To contrast my last two posts with screenshots, I confirm that the EC Blue PCJ-600 is EC for sure. I compared it to 2 other blue PCJ-600s. On both pictures, the one on the right is the EC one from Autocide:

Spoiler

As for the other 2 ECs in that mission (EC Silver PCJ-600 and EC Black and Purple Bobcat), no traffic versions of those vehicles look like their EC counterparts, so they're EC for sure as well. Also this EC Blue PCJ-600 totally matches Tommy's suit xD

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

Super Grunt 281
  • Super Grunt 281

Crackhead

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:37 PM Edited by Super Grunt 281, 24 November 2015 - 08:40 PM.

The Admiral is stored don't worry :p

I used Cone Crazy instead but it's rather random about the Admiral, either the car disappears or not.

(I hope this is legal for a starter save)

Well if I missed something I can try another starter save, didn't started the collectibles hunt yet.

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:42 PM

I used Cone Crazy instead but it's rather random about the Admiral, either the car disappears or not.

Well if I missed something I can try another starter save, didn't started the collectibles hunt yet.

Everything is legal for a starter save, except cheats.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:48 PM

Don't fail any Missions unless you are obtaining a Special Vehicle, as well.  Although for VC, you can end with 90 Mission Attempts with ALL obtainable Special Vehicles in the entire game.  I have 91 Attempts cuz I failed to get the EC Black Washington, even though you can pass to get it.

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Special Vehicle Hoarder

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:46 PM

Just don't get Wasted or Busted and don't use cheats. That's basically the standard for public saves, 0 Wasted, Busted, Cheats

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:49 PM

Always 0 Deaths/Busted/Cheats.  Only GTA which Deaths are allowed is SA and only 3 Deaths are allowed for 3 Special Vehicles which require a Suicide to obtain them.  Other than SA and those 3 Special Vehicles, no other GTA requires any Deaths to obtain Special Vehicles.

In VC, as I already stated above, you can have 0 Deaths/Busted/Cheats, 90 Mission Attempts, and all 27 Special Vehicles easily...

• DragonpokeZ likes this

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Special Vehicle Hoarder

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:43 AM Edited by DragonpokeZ, 25 November 2015 - 03:00 AM.

Funny thing, my savefile now has exactly 50% game completion :p

Since I haven't done a progress report in a while, I may as well do it now:
Links View Apartment: EC Silver PCJ-600EC Blue PCJ-600, EC Black and Purple Bobcat

El Swanko Casa: Unique RC Baron

Ocean Beach Apartment: EC Black Washington

Vercetti State: AP/EC Silver AdmiralEC White Admiral, BP/FP/FP Sabre Turbo

Sunshine Autos 1: EC Blue and White Maverick

Sunshine Autos 2: EC Black Pony

Sunshine Autos 3: EC Black Admiral x4 (2 from Check Out At The Check In and 2 from Loose Ends)

Sunshine Autos 4: EC Gold Stretch

Hyman Condo 1: Unique Spand Express, BP/FP/EP Squalo, Cortez's Speeder

Hyman Condo 2: EC2 Wet Asphalt Patriot, BP/FP/EP Sanchez, BP/FP/EP PCJ-600, FP/EP Hotring Racer

Hyman Condo 3: Nothing

To be obtained: FP Infernus, FP Cheetah, FP Banshee, EC Black Sentinel, EC Black Voodoo, EC White Walton, EC Silver StretchEC Black Rancher, EC Black Sanchez, FP/Unique Romero, EC2/Unique Romero, possibly the other RC vehicles

Speaking of Romeros, which one is the EC2 one and which one is the FP one?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users