• uncaged

Insane PS2 Purist

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:40 PM

I love everything about this mod. 

Minor note:

Volume option says globalVolume=1.0 ;Anything between 0.0 and 1.0

I would like to have wider limits to have higher ambient volume like Anything between 0.0 and 2.0 or more :)

Amazing mod! I wanted a mod like this for a couple of years, but the best I could find was mod with two records (day and night) that were completely out of place (like train or cops sounds in the woods) and were repeatable as hell. This one is awesome. Thank you so much! SA is now alive like never before.

• pep legal likes this

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:31 AM Edited by pep legal, 23 October 2015 - 03:54 AM.

I would like to have wider limits to have higher ambient volume like Anything between 0.0 and 2.0 or more :)

Unfortunately doing this is beyond me. All the sounds are at their maximum volume. They are only reduced by the script, never raised. The only way to do it would be re-enconding ALL sounds, which will loose quality. (MP3-Gain is not a good idea either...I got some instabilities using sounds post-processed by that Tool).

Have you tryied lowering in-game volume and raising Windows volume ?

----------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 3

- Better compatibility with modloader (but only if you create the folders "SAAS\cleo\" , "SAAS\cleo\CLEO_SOUNDS" and "SAAS\cleo\CLEO_SOUNDS\SAAS\" inside modloader folder (I cannot see any advantage of this...better keep SAAS in original cleo folder).

- Crowds are a bit more "quieter".

- Crowd sounds are slightly directional (higher if you look directly at the mob)

- Lowered crowd sensibility (it needs more people to activate those sounds) - better chances in Las Venturas

Download -- >https://mega.nz/#!1R...2toZNPfTyRnO_aE

• Junior_Djjr and uncaged like this

uncaged
  • uncaged

Insane PS2 Purist

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:07 AM

Have you tryed lowering in-game volume and raising Windows volume ?

I just dont know how the details about volume processing here. Sure ^ that is not very comfortable in my case, but does work, that is why I called this problem "minor". No worries, I can live with it. Thank you :)

Blackalien
  • Blackalien

Keepin' it Old Shool

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:32 AM Edited by blackalienHD, 24 October 2015 - 08:33 AM.

Hey bro, I don't want to get annoying or something like that, but I just want to know if you are going to put the video in the original post, when adding the new update 3? It may look like an easy thing to make, but it was a real pain in the ass, because when making something I'm always trying it to be perfect and I have to repeat it around 20 times untill I'm happy with the result(something I hate in my self) :D

• uncaged likes this

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Map 2016 [San Andreas INSANITY] [Contribution]

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:01 AM

Hello! So as I said, I can make a demo video for the mod and here it is:

I hope my work has been worth it  :)

I liked.

Added in the post of my blog.

http://mixmods.blogs...ent-sounds.html

So..... where's Update 2?  :blink:

Blackalien
  • Blackalien

Keepin' it Old Shool

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:03 AM

Hello! So as I said, I can make a demo video for the mod and here it is:

I hope my work has been worth it  :)

I liked.

Added in the post of my blog.

http://mixmods.blogs...ent-sounds.html

So..... where's Update 2?  :blink:

Thanks bro, appreciate it!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:20 AM Edited by Fireman, 23 October 2015 - 11:21 AM.

Some more feedback;

The music from Los Santos and San Fierro dance clubs continue while inside the interior, which overlaps with the audiozone there.

With other interior it's great that you can hear the sound inside interiors as well, but in a club it's weird to hear two songs through eachother :p

So..... where's Update 2?   :blink:

I think that was the fix to make it work for me!

What did you actually change Pep?

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:33 PM

The music from Los Santos and San Fierro dance clubs continue while inside the interior, which overlaps with the audiozone there.

Fixed (for next release).

• uncaged likes this

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil
  • Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:38 PM

Okay so I think this may be a bug with this mod, but I'm not really sure...

Anyways sometimes after playing for a while, there's this smoke trail following some peds around, I noticed it mostly in LV, no idea if it happens in other places:

RBZ19Lr.png

• little_idiot, Savidge and uncaged like this

Blackalien
  • Blackalien

Keepin' it Old Shool

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:54 AM

Lol, It is happening with me too, but I thought it is caused by some other mod. How is it possible a mod for sounds to cause smoke to appear?

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 October 2015 - 02:30 PM Edited by pep legal, 25 October 2015 - 06:55 PM.

...there's this smoke trail following some peds around, I noticed it mostly in LV

Ops...it's just a left over. An experiment that I forgot to remove. FIXED (next release).

Apart those small scratches (all of them fixed)...nobody brought me up any big issue (or suggestion) in this mod...So...For the next release I will consider it as FINISHED (right ?).

Going once, going twice, going three times, sold!

• Reyks and uncaged like this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:26 PM

I've only just noticed the party cars in the strip, they're awesome!

One thing I found weird were the freeway sounds, because you've added in sounds of fast cars passing you by but;

1. You only pass by other cars, cause everyone is slow.

2. The sound of passing somsone by or driving past someone is already present in the game.

Especially in the San Fierro freeway you notice that it just doesn't fit.

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:10 AM

I don't know if it just my ancient computer, but i've been having some crashes with this mod in las venturas at night, somehow i feel like there may be too much sounds loading, it mostly happens when im going topspeed in a car and gives the impression of not loading a sound on time and suddenly freezing

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:14 AM Edited by pep legal, 26 October 2015 - 03:52 AM.

I've only just noticed the party cars in the strip, they're awesome!

One thing I found weird were the freeway sounds, because you've added in sounds of fast cars passing you by but;

1. You only pass by other cars, cause everyone is slow.

2. The sound of passing somsone by or driving past someone is already present in the game.

Especially in the San Fierro freeway you notice that it just doesn't fit.

You can safely remove "freeway.mp3" if you don't like it....for me that's one I like more.

It doesn't fit ? :blink: ....I wanted to give a strong URBAN ambience to San Fierro (except west part) - crowd, noisy, cosmopolitan...and Freeway sound gives a special touch to that.

Maybe your system volume are too high : try to raise in-game volume and reduce windows volume.

BTW...Freeway/Road sounds are modulated by traffic intensity...so...the more cars in traffic, the louder they are. In some cases they can even go zero if there is no car.

I don't know if it just my ancient computer, but i've been having some crashes with this mod in las venturas at night, somehow i feel like there may be too much sounds loading, it mostly happens when im going topspeed in a car and gives the impression of not loading a sound on time and suddenly freezing

Let's start some experiments :

1)  Try this pre-release of the last release  :     -->  https://mega.nz/#!sc...8aYam4t1Dxyz1IY

2) Are your game "upgraded" with Silent PatchMix Sets  and  Open Limit Adjuster  ?    ( DeltaTimeFix is also a good investment, but not mandatory )

3) what is your specs ?

4) I will try to get a weak machine and install San Andreas....meanwhile you could do more tests.

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:55 PM Edited by Reyks, 26 October 2015 - 01:56 PM.

...there's this smoke trail following some peds around, I noticed it mostly in LV

Ops...it's just a left over. An experiment that I forgot to remove. FIXED (next release).

Oh that's nice to hear :D

I was starting to think it was another streaming memory related issue... (had enough of these already ugh).

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:17 AM

It doesn't fit ? :blink: ....I wanted to give a strong URBAN ambience to San Fierro (except west part) - crowd, noisy, cosmopolitan...and Freeway sound gives a special touch to that.

It's not really that it doesn't fit, but it adds sounds you already get when passing a car or a car passing you, but now it's unrelated to a car passing you or not, so sometimes it sounds a bit weird, lowered the sound a bit and it sounds better though, like the sounds are from further away, makes it more realistic.

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:56 PM

Let's start some experiments :

1)  Try this pre-release of the last release  :     -->  https://mega.nz/#!sc...8aYam4t1Dxyz1IY

2) Are your game "upgraded" with Silent PatchMix Sets  and  Open Limit Adjuster  ?    ( DeltaTimeFix is also a good investment, but not mandatory )

3) what is your specs ?

4) I will try to get a weak machine and install San Andreas....meanwhile you could do more tests.

Well look this are my specs

AMD E1-6010 APU with AMD Radeon R2 graphics 1.35 Ghz processor

4 GB of ram aaand windows 8.1 64 bits

with only mapfixes and original texture fixes mostly installed in modloader, the game  runs decently with or without the mod installed, and there isn't really not much change when i take all those fixes out just to test the performance, but sometimes it crashes randomly on the "heavy" parts of the city mostly in las venturas

http://imgur.com/i9blIX5 

This for example is a heavy place, the game allways slow down a little in here and i had a crash once, going in before 20:00 in that stripclub and getting out AFTER 20:00 which is when i guess the script goes from the day venturas sounds to the night ones (if there is any type of change which i think there is im not sure) anyway i got out of there like at 21 or something and bum, game crash after driving for about 7 seconds or something

Thats it, i hope this is helpfull for the improvement of the mod bro

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:04 PM

The smoke trail seems still not fixed:

http://i.imgur.com/rKj3OqV.jpg

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:31 PM Edited by Fireman, 28 October 2015 - 10:32 PM.

That's the party cars, they're suppose to smoke like that :p Try driving close to them you'll hear music.

One more notable "bug" about that;

If you're getting chased by police in Las Venturas, police cars can also spawn as party cars, which is a bit weird.

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

That's the party cars, they're suppose to smoke like that :p Try driving close to them you'll hear music.

The smoke isn't coming from the car but attached to the ped driving it wich IS a bug, party cars aren't supposed to release smoke.

And it's not fixed because the mod hasn't been updated yet.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:03 PM Edited by Fireman, 29 October 2015 - 10:18 PM.

The smoke isn't coming from the car but attached to the ped driving it wich IS a bug, party cars aren't supposed to release smoke.

And it's not fixed because the mod hasn't been updated yet.

I stole some of these cars and the smoke stayed behind the car, not the ped, so saying that it's part of the ped driving it would be rather weird.

I'll go look at it again.

EDIT: Yep that smoke's from the party car, not the ped.

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:15 AM Edited by pep legal, 30 October 2015 - 04:07 AM.

It's optional now   ---->  https://mega.nz/#!tZ...ILaamPXrjkLJn38

but I'm very surprised...in my rig that smoke is very weak and barely visible. Are you using any customized particle/effect file ?

Thats it, i hope this is helpfull for the improvement of the mod bro

I've re-encoded all sound files with a lower bitrate (and did some small tweaks).

Delete all SAAS files (SAAS.cs , SAAS.ini ...and the whole SAAS folder )...

...and try this new "Low End Machine" release, please ->  https://mega.nz/#!hI...T64GlvqAfMZ9O8c

For now, just install it in default cleo folder (not in modloader folder).

• Savidge likes this

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:01 PM

This new version runs smoother and i can't really notice at all that the quality of the sound is less, so i think ill stick with this one (unless you make the script smoother or something)

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:09 AM Edited by SilverRST, 02 November 2015 - 02:09 AM.

It's optional now   ---->  https://mega.nz/#!tZ...ILaamPXrjkLJn38

but I'm very surprised...in my rig that smoke is very weak and barely visible. Are you using any customized particle/effect file ?

Yes, I'm using SAK's effects mod. I'll try the new version, thanks :)

And damn, never had this game seems so lively. Like I'm no longer alone in the game lol. No more forever alone :D

Savidge
  • Savidge

lemon madman

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:09 PM

thank you for making this mod and for adding a toggle for the party cars, pep legal, this is awesome!

• Snoops27 likes this

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:29 AM Edited by pep legal, 10 November 2015 - 05:01 AM.

RELEASE November / 15

- Better crowd system : different triggers for "few people" sound  ( a bit more discreet ) ...and for "large mob" sound.

- Freeways are a little bit quieter in cities than country / desert side

- New "Speed Wind" sound : only noticeable when player is speeding out of cities.

- Some small tweaks on few MP3s (discontinuities fixed).

- Some small adjustment on regions borders.

- Low End version is official now (named Lite)

First page updated.

• little_idiot, Reyks, Savidge and 2 others like this

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Map 2016 [San Andreas INSANITY] [Contribution]

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:58 AM Edited by Junior_Djjr, 27 November 2015 - 08:29 PM.

Crash playing in LV after a while.

http://pastebin.com/7VZniUmF

BUT, may be the previous version, not the latest (a guy in my blog said)

No, was the latest version.

Also, other guy had a crash after save the game, then when load game crashes, only worked in a new game.

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:59 PM Edited by pep legal, 27 November 2015 - 11:02 PM.

Crash playing in LV after a while.

http://pastebin.com/7VZniUmF

BUT, may be the previous version, not the latest (a guy in my blog said)
No, was the latest version.

FIXED ===> https://mega.nz/#!pc...4izNRlA9g9sus5c

Also, other guy had a crash after save the game, then when load game crashes, only worked in a new game.

Not Me.

• Savidge and uncaged like this

Eevee™ 🎲
  • Eevee™ 🎲

Scarface

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:05 AM

@pep legal, the mod makes the game crash frequently when other ambient sounds load. Im using the Lite Version and the new update posted above this post :p And yes, i have newOpcodes.cleo

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:17 PM Edited by pep legal, 28 November 2015 - 05:05 PM.

@pep legal, the mod makes the game crash frequently when other ambient sounds load. Im using the Lite Version and the new update posted above this post :p And yes, i have newOpcodes.cleo

SAAS is a very Non-Intrusive mod (except for those party-cars in Vegas, which I think were fixed above)...So...give me more info :

- is there a typical place/region where the game crashes ?

- Are you using any other sound mod ?

- Could you list yours other Cleo mods ?

- What are your machine specs ?

- Have you raised stream memory (by Mixset) ?  --- yes, SAAS eats some few megabytes of RAM (~20MB lite version / ~50MB standard version)

- Have you done tests on a fresh install of the game ? (just to isolate the problem)

- Have you RE-downloaded and RE-installed SAAS ?

- Could you (temporarily) installl SCR LOG and give me a crash report from that tool ?

-----------------------

EDIT : After you post, I played for almost 40 minutes on a fresh game (cities unlocked)...only using Silent Patch, MixSet and SCRLOG...travelling over the whole state of SA. (even in Vegas with those F*** party-cars).... NOT  a single issue... SAAS seems very stable. (but I have a strong machine...maybe this masks any problem)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users