Official PS4 Topic

5,938 replies to this topic
esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

PS4 update 4.50 possibly a 3/7/17 release.

http://thisgengaming...asing-tomorrow/

My 4 TB external HDD has been waiting beside my PS4 Pro for months now.

Really can't wait to finally wrap that main menu with custom wallpaper that doesn't ruin visibility of the text.

Dude, I totally forgot about the custom wallpapers. Probably going to be my favorite update so far.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

The upcoming update is VERY welcome.  They had me at "external HD" and "wallpaper".  Finally I can do on my PS4 what I did on my PC 25 years ago!

Seriously though, I'm buzzed about the idea of installing games onto a hybrid HD or SSD and finally getting some real use out of the USB 3.0 socket, other than copying game captures.

Anyway, since we're all about to have an abundance of space it may be worth mentioning that there's currently a deal going on on PSN.  Spend £50 or more before the end of March and get a £10 voucher code sent to you in April.  I've also seen the exact same offer in euros as well so it may be a worldwide offer - best check if you're interested.

Here's the link for the UK deal...

https://www.playstat...march-cashback/

• GTAKid667 likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

tango down y'all

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

The upcoming update is VERY welcome.  They had me at "external HD" and "wallpaper".  Finally I can do on my PS4 what I did on my PC 25 years ago!

Even PS3 can use wallpaper. :p

A jailbroken PS3 basically uses ext HDD to play game from. :p

Sony pls.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Even PS3 can use wallpaper. :p

A jailbroken PS3 basically uses ext HDD to play game from. :p

Sony pls.

True.  I've never been a fan of "jailbreaking" consoles though.  That's what PCs are for :D

luisniko
  • luisniko

tango down y'all

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by luisniko, 2 weeks ago.

True.  I've never been a fan of "jailbreaking" consoles though.  That's what PCs are for :D

Me too.

I mean, it's just funny that a method gotta be done unofficially first before Sony finally do it. I'm sure they knew it's possible.

Same thing happened to PSP and it's custom firmware to play game from Memory Stick. They ended up announcing digital game crap and even made PSP Go that completely ditched UMD. lol

-----
Updating mah PS4 now. 339.3 MB

Ohhhhh.... yeaaaaahhhh..... *long relaxed exhale

LWpwMBAl.jpg
  • Furry_Monkey likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Is it true that you can only use screenshots as wallpaper?  (So a screenshot of a webpage is fine  :evilgrin: )

luisniko
  • luisniko

tango down y'all

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Is it true that you can only use screenshots as wallpaper?  (So a screenshot of a webpage is fine  :evilgrin: )

Yeah.

So either you upload your own pic to a image hosting, open, and screenshot it.

Or try putting your pic in USB drive, open it, screenshot it. Haven't tried it. Don't know if they would screencap media player.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Furry_Monkey, 2 weeks ago.

Yeah.

So either you upload your own pic to a image hosting, open, and screenshot it.

Or try putting your pic in USB drive, open it, screenshot it. Haven't tried it. Don't know if they would screencap media player.

Yeah there's plenty of ways round it isn't there.  It's good enough but just browsing a USB drive would have been basic and sensible.  (Having the option from day 1 would have been sensible!)

Are there any other worthwhile treats that we didn't know about?

Edit: Don't worry about that - I finally found some real release notes...

http://www.playstati...-hdds/#/slide/1

And this...

1l2mae.jpg

• Tails Prower likes this

fashion
  • fashion

No More Slots

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I can't believe Witcher 3 costs 20 euros right now. Also some other good discounts.
If someone hasn't played it yet, go buy it right now. Even if you won't enjoy it (is this even possible?), 20 bucks isn't too much.

I gladly paid the full price for this masterpiece.

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by deadx23, 2 weeks ago.

I can't believe Witcher 3 costs 20 euros right now. Also some other good discounts.
If someone hasn't played it yet, go buy it right now. Even if you won't enjoy it (is this even possible?), 20 bucks isn't too much.

I gladly paid the full price for this masterpiece.

is that only for the uk? I seen discounts on web but its only for the uk :(
#hitman 80% off :( :(

Edit: :(

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 2 weeks ago

I haven't touched my PS4 in over a year all of these update please me very much, with the external HDD might give me a reason to use my PS4 again.

Does anybody know if you are able to watch movies from the HDD on your PS4 or is it only for installing games?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Furry_Monkey, A week ago.

I haven't touched my PS4 in over a year all of these update please me very much, with the external HDD might give me a reason to use my PS4 again.

Does anybody know if you are able to watch movies from the HDD on your PS4 or is it only for installing games?

You could already do that, with the media player.  It shows external devices when you browse for media.  It's limited in what it will play though so you may still be better off with whatever your alternative solution was.

If you want it you need to download it from the Playstation Store...

17240628_1726518424307007_64343010141479

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Okay got a question.

What's the best way to clean out the PS4, I'm getting a little concerned at the level of noise/heat that seems to be coming

from the Ps4 these days but I'm not sure where the vents are.

Thanks for any help.

luisniko
  • luisniko

tango down y'all

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Okay got a question.

What's the best way to clean out the PS4, I'm getting a little concerned at the level of noise/heat that seems to be coming
from the Ps4 these days but I'm not sure where the vents are.
Thanks for any help.

The vents are on the literally on the back and the side between the buns.

If vacuum isn't enough, then open the case and clean the inside, if you dare to.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted A week ago

Help Me. 

I have a dlink NAS drive, which I can stream video from on my PS4 with no issues, but when I try to stream any music, it fails like a mar-fuh-ka. "Playback Stopped" - within a few seconds of attempting to play any MP3 file. I've tried huge MP3s, I've tried tiny MP3s, it simply can't cope with any of them. So several hundred GBs of music are basically unlistenable on my PS4, and I have to plug in my laptop to the TV or some other workaround to listen to any of it. Which is a pain in the ass when I could just stream it to the device plugged into my sound system. 

And yes, I'm well aware that I could use Spotify but my tastes are just niche enough that the majority of things I look for on there aren't available. Which sucks a big bag of balls. 

Mion
  • Mion

Duke #MarchMadness

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 4 days ago

I'm excited for the wallpapers, I've been waiting to use some on the ps4.

Twang.
  • Twang.

F U L L Y A U T O M A T E D

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

Thought I'd ask here instead of signing up to a Sony site:

Anyone else have issues with buying things from the store? I just got a new PS4 and had to buy a few games that, until now, I had been mooching off the woman's account. I bought two games for about $120. I had wanted to buy five at once but apparently there's a price limit to how much you can buy at once. Figured I could do it with two transactions then, but when I tried to buy the other three ($100) it said my card was invalid. The same card I used literally 5 minutes prior.

I did the Google search and all the results just talked about parental controls for child sub-accounts, which doesn't apply in this situation. Using my fiancee's card (same bank account) gets the same result.

More inconvenient than anything, but this seems like a really dumb policy by any metric if it isn't just a glitch. I guess my question is, do any of you fine folks know what the deal is?

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 days ago

Anyone else have issues with buying things from the store? I just got a new PS4 and had to buy a few games that, until now, I had been mooching off the woman's account. I bought two games for about $120. I had wanted to buy five at once but apparently there's a price limit to how much you can buy at once. Figured I could do it with two transactions then, but when I tried to buy the other three ($100) it said my card was invalid. The same card I used literally 5 minutes prior.

I did the Google search and all the results just talked about parental controls for child sub-accounts, which doesn't apply in this situation. Using my fiancee's card (same bank account) gets the same result.

More inconvenient than anything, but this seems like a really dumb policy by any metric if it isn't just a glitch. I guess my question is, do any of you fine folks know what the deal is?

This is actually a problem Sony don't like to mention. I have exactly the same issue with the PS4 store which has resulted in me having to buy PSN Vouchers off Amazon or at the

local video game store.

It's an issue with the software that checks and validates your bank card address when processing the transaction. If you have a two line address, let's say it's Flat X/X and then

you have your street name (Tails Road for example) the banks usually record this with the street first and then your flat number or miss that out entirely, so because Sony's

system address does not match with your bank it rejects the transaction.

I have no idea why it allows the first payment to go through and then declines future payments but I've had this since 2014 when I got the PS4 and gave up trying to find

a solution, probably saved me money in the long run though!

• Twang. likes this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Daily Globe
  • Canada
  • Nicest Canadian

Posted 3 days ago

Anyone else having trouble loading communities via PS4? Keeps coming up there was an error and to try again in a few minutes?

Been going on for maybe 2-3 days now..

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

All Directions

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

^Same is happening to me too, is it only doing it for one community or all of them?

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Daily Globe
  • Canada
  • Nicest Canadian

Posted 3 days ago

^Same is happening to me too, is it only doing it for one community or all of them?

All. Super annoying..

Twang.
  • Twang.

F U L L Y A U T O M A T E D

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

This is actually a problem Sony don't like to mention. I have exactly the same issue with the PS4 store which has resulted in me having to buy PSN Vouchers off Amazon or at the

local video game store.

It's an issue with the software that checks and validates your bank card address when processing the transaction. If you have a two line address, let's say it's Flat X/X and then

you have your street name (Tails Road for example) the banks usually record this with the street first and then your flat number or miss that out entirely, so because Sony's

system address does not match with your bank it rejects the transaction.

I have no idea why it allows the first payment to go through and then declines future payments but I've had this since 2014 when I got the PS4 and gave up trying to find

a solution, probably saved me money in the long run though!

Good idea with the Amazon card thing. That's what I did and now I got my games. Thanks.

I recall this happening back when I first got my PS3 in 2013 or so (yeah, I was late to that party, I temporarily became an Xbro during majority of that generation) and I don't know if I ever figured it out then. Makes sense it might have been the two address line thing because I was living in an apartment at the time. This time around my address is only one line, so I'm at a loss why this happened now.

Oh well. I got my games, and that Amazon method isn't difficult so I'm not gonna sweat it.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by esmittystud101, A day ago.

Horizon Zero Dawn
For Honor - Gold Edition
Ghost Recon Wildlands - Gold Edition

Now which one? I'm running on a PS4 Pro of course on a kick as* 1080p LED.

Update: After watching some videos I think I'm going Horizon Zero Dawn. I just think it's going to be more memorable for me. The other two doesn't look bad by any means. But I think I'm going single player ahead of both onliners this time. I might get the other two later though.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

Horizon Zero Dawn
For Honor - Gold Edition
Ghost Recon Wildlands - Gold Edition

Now which one? I'm running on a PS4 Pro of course on a kick as* 1080p LED.

Update: After watching some videos I think I'm going Horizon Zero Dawn. I just think it's going to be more memorable for me. The other two doesn't look bad by any means. But I think I'm going single player ahead of both onliners this time. I might get the other two later though.

I think you made the right choice. I bought it on impulse when I saw it on the PSN store and I haven't been this impressed with a game in years. It is like RDR set a thousand years in the future.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 hours ago Edited by Tails Prower, 16 hours ago.

Quick question because I've now found a super annoyance (to me anyway).

Is there anyway to delete invites to games/party chats from the notification page on the PS4 now?

How long do they stay in the notifications list for? No  disrespect to my gaming friends but a few of them send me multiple invites per gaming day so my scroll list of notification is huge

because it seems to retain each invite even though it's expred.

I have most notification settings turned off but can't seem to find one for this part.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 hours ago Edited by Furry_Monkey, 16 hours ago.

Is there anyway to delete invites to games/party chats from the notification page on the PS4 now?

How long do they stay in the notifications list for? No  disrespect to my gaming friends but a few of them send me multiple invites per gaming day so my scroll list of notification is huge

I have most notification settings turned off but can't seem to find one for this part.

Some people have had no delete option for as long as the PS4 has been out, but for me it only disappeared with the 4.50 update.  It looks like Sony don't care as it's been discussed on the support forum but never received an official response.

In other news I got myself an external 1TB SSD and have started moving my important games onto it.  I did a test this morning and with GTA installed on the internal hard drive it took 1:42 to start up in single player.  I then moved it to the SSD (which took 10 minutes) and it now loads in 1:02.  That's a 40s time saving which is much more than I expected.  I've not played it yet to see if there is any improvement to game-play, like the roads not disappearing, but that didn't happen often enough for me to be able to say for sure.  Either way, I'm very happy with the outcome so far.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 hours ago Edited by Tails Prower, 16 hours ago.

Some people have had no delete option for as long as the PS4 has been out, but for me it only disappeared with the 4.50 update.  It looks like Sony don't care as it's been discussed on the support forum but never received an official response.

In other news I got myself an external 1TB SSD and have started moving my important games onto it.  I did a test this morning and with GTA installed on the internal hard drive it took 1:42 to start up in single player.  I then moved it to the SSD (which took 10 minutes) and it now loads in 1:02.  That's a 40s time saving which is much more than I expected.  I've not played it yet to see if there is any improvement to game-play, like the roads not disappearing, but that didn't happen often enough for me to be able to say for sure.  Either way, I'm very happy with the outcome so far.

Ah okay, guess I should count myself lucky then!

You know how it is if four or five friends are playing GTA Online it can fill your messages up quite quickly/ :evilgrin:

Interesting to read your results with the external drive, I am thinking of doing something similar myself but means rearranging my consoles/laptiop, the amount of video I save from GTA Online

is slowly filling things up!

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 hours ago

Spoiler

You know how it is if four or five friends are playing GTA Online it can fill your messages up quite quickly/ :evilgrin:

Interesting to read your results with the external drive, I am thinking of doing something similar myself but means rearranging my consoles/laptop, the amount of video I save from GTA Online

That's one of my bad habits actually.  I filled a 2TB HD at one point but it was about 75% video footage that I'd never even looked at, despite thinking at the time that it MUST be saved!

As for the external SSD, I dropped on lucky.  I have a ton of other expenses at the moment (all fun things though) so would never have been able to afford one.  I had it "donated" to me by a friend whose job involves him ending up with lots of tech just lying around his house, unused and unneeded.  If you can shell out for one though, I'd highly recommend it.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 hours ago

Spoiler

Interesting to read your results with the external drive, I am thinking of doing something similar myself but means rearranging my consoles/laptop, the amount of video I save from GTA Online

That's one of my bad habits actually.  I filled a 2TB HD at one point but it was about 75% video footage that I'd never even looked at, despite thinking at the time that it MUST be saved!

As for the external SSD, I dropped on lucky.  I have a ton of other expenses at the moment (all fun things though) so would never have been able to afford one.  I had it "donated" to me by a friend whose job involves him ending up with lots of tech just lying around his house, unused and unneeded.  If you can shell out for one though, I'd highly recommend it.

Well I make a habit of going over my videos as often as I can to ensure I'm only keeping the stuff I want to have though my bloopers reel of bad attempts at CEO/MC Club mission work is getting

larger than I'd like.

That's good to hear but yeah money is not an issue for me at the moment so I can definetly afford one, all that I need now is the time to get on wtih what I want to video from GTA Online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users