Photo

Help a new user!

20 replies to this topic
h82lose
  • h82lose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2003 - 01:07 PM

I just purchased the game, and spent two hours last night, running through the city aimlessly.

I dont like cheats, I like to play and figure out things on my own, but can anyone help me with some advice, on how to get started?

Thanks a ton!

So far, i figured out how to steal cars, and eat at that pizza place, but thats about it.

drvice
  • drvice

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2003 - 01:13 PM

If you dont like cheats..... go buy the bradygames strategy guide and read the motherfarger....  it tells all without cheating...oh yeah , mark off what jumps,  rampages , hidden packages you have found or done........TRUST ME!!!!

I would learn to luv cheats though... there fun after you beat the game......Good luck and let me know if you need any help...

JoeyLeone25
  • JoeyLeone25

AMF Elder

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 January 2003 - 01:13 PM

Do missions get cash buy weapons do more missions buy properties get 100% finished game

drvice
  • drvice

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2003 - 01:16 PM

Quote (Joey_Leone25 @ Jan. 29 2003,08:13)
Do missions get cash buy weapons do more missions buy properties get 100% finished game

joey like that will help the 2hr rookie...lol

But what you said sums up gameplay!!

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 29 January 2003 - 01:17 PM

You should play the game at your own speed. If you really need to get help then look on the boards for advice. That way you only get the help you need with no spoilers.

It will spoil the game if you cheat though man.

MMms..

h82lose
  • h82lose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2003 - 01:20 PM

thanks guys for the info.

am i supposed to go anywhere 1st to get a mission?

I read the insert and it said it recommeneded the hotel.

Is there someone there to see?

drvice
  • drvice

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2003 - 01:21 PM

Quote (MyMothersMySister. @ Jan. 29 2003,08:17)
You should play the game at your own speed. If you really need to get help then look on the boards for advice. That way you only get the help you need with no spoilers.

It will spoil the game if you cheat though man.

MMms..

Not to mention, give you a bad rating .....and in the back of your head you'll always wonder "AM I GOOD ENUF TO BEAT IT WITHOUT CHEATING"  then you'll go crazy and do it over agian with out cheating..... (i speak from experience)....so you go you new Vice Cityer, beat that game , beat it real good!!!

drvice
  • drvice

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2003 - 01:24 PM

Quote (h82lose @ Jan. 29 2003,08:20)
thanks guys for the info.

am i supposed to go anywhere 1st to get a mission?

I read the insert and it said it recommeneded the hotel.

Is there someone there to see?

yes ....walking into pink markers means missions.. learn to use the radar screen first and formost..... it your guide on where the hell you need to be goin , where you are and sh*t......also hang the map thats in the vice box on the wall... it will be helpful......

h82lose
  • h82lose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2003 - 01:28 PM

awesome!

Im not against cheats, I just dont want to play the whole game using them, you know what i mean.

Thanks for the info all.

Now if I can just get through this 8 hour day, ill be all set!

JoeyLeone25
  • JoeyLeone25

AMF Elder

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 January 2003 - 05:14 PM

A good tip for ya m8 why don't you complete the game without cheats then with cheats or the other way round I did it the first way & I was astonished at how easy it was with cheats the second time I completed it

drvice
  • drvice

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2003 - 09:43 PM

Same here first i cheated ...then i did it pure.... easier that way i SWEAR!!!!

The-Jackal
  • The-Jackal

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 January 2003 - 10:07 PM

No, i dont agree, maybe easier, but not as fun, or frustrating. But once you 100% it without cheats, you feel good about yourself, really. Then you fire up the Game shark and cheat away, they have good cheats there.

drvice
  • drvice

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2003 - 10:21 PM

Its all depending on your skill level coming into the game...If you were hardcore GTA3 then your ready to start vice cheatless...but if your new to gta ....i suggest for the first 100% using lower wanted level, and health armor, and the weapons.. "IN MY OPINION, i think it would be a better 1st time experience that way...In your 2nd time at 100% you know the city ....your drivng skills are down....and you overall understanding is better....BUT it all depends on  the person thats playing......  
                          DOES ANYBODY AGREE WITH ME..if not thats cool too but let me know your thoughts

Kingramstone
  • Kingramstone

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 January 2003 - 08:09 AM

i agree. for the first time i beat vc, i used health, armor and wanted level codes-no spawning cars. but for the second time, i beat it w/o cheats.

drvice
  • drvice

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 January 2003 - 08:30 AM

1 for ya 0 for na

JoeyLeone25
  • JoeyLeone25

AMF Elder

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 January 2003 - 04:00 PM

I agree drvice & that's a good idea

[email protected]

Posted 30 January 2003 - 10:53 PM

i supose that sounds like a good idea for some people, but i know if i was not hardcore gta3 and i got vice i would play through it without using cheats the first time. thats just me tho.. i get no satisfaction from completing a game if i had cheated. i like using cheats to f*ck around but thats all. but yea, if some people arent really into beating a game strait up, cheats are the answer.

drvice
  • drvice

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 January 2003 - 11:10 PM

Quote (drvice @ Jan. 29 2003,17:21)
Its all depending on your skill level coming into the game...If you were hardcore GTA3 then your ready to start vice cheatless...but if your new to gta ....i suggest for the first 100% using lower wanted level, and health armor, and the weapons.. "IN MY OPINION, i think it would be a better 1st time experience that way...In your 2nd time at 100% you know the city ....your drivng skills are down....and you overall understanding is better....BUT it all depends on †the person thats playing...... †
† † † † † † † † † † † † † DOES ANYBODY AGREE WITH ME..if not thats cool too but let me know your thoughts

score so far  2 agree.... 1 disagree..next please

Purple9
  • Purple9

WARNING: Contains Horse

• The Precinct

Posted 30 January 2003 - 11:51 PM

I'm gonna say .. disagree just to annoy you  ;)

no, i'm jokin, you've made a good point...especially about it depends on the person who's actually playing..

some people are more able than others when it comes to computer games.

3-1

h82lose
  • h82lose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2003 - 01:02 PM

Thanks all for who answered. I finally got going and figured out how to use  that map on the screen!!!

Im at a whopping 3% complete!!!

Having trouble getting from the cops though!!! Man whats with walking back intot he police station after you got busted?

All of a sudden they are shooting at you?

How besides eating can you get extra health. I havefound some hearts around, but are there any other ways to regain strength?  This is my 1st gta game.'

Thanks again, for all your help.

Purple9
  • Purple9

WARNING: Contains Horse

• The Precinct

Posted 31 January 2003 - 01:36 PM

Quote (h82lose @ Jan. 31 2003,13:02)
Thanks all for who answered. I finally got going and figured out how to use †that map on the screen!!!

Im at a whopping 3% complete!!!

Having trouble getting from the cops though!!! Man whats with walking back intot he police station after you got busted?

All of a sudden they are shooting at you?

How besides eating can you get extra health. I havefound some hearts around, but are there any other ways to regain strength? †This is my 1st gta game.'

Thanks again, for all your help.

No problem

I have answered your new questions on your new thread..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users