80 replies to this topic
Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:33 PM

My post and the above one make me wonder, can we make non-GTA R* concepts? That would be interesting for me because it would allow me to explore something new.

• UltraGizmo64 and Ivan1997GTA like this

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:12 PM

I'm tired of easy racing games coming out as of late to the point I'm just going to retire video gaming. Wake me up when there's a new Midnight Club...

• anthony and UltraGizmo64 like this

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:18 PM

Sorry for the double post... 

I have a good feeling they're going to make a new one. We just have to wait until Rockstar is done updating Grand Theft Auto Online for good and mid way or 3/4ths done with Red Dead Redemption 2 updates. It's not a good idea to release a racing game while they're still working on a game that contains cars. Especially since I hear the Elegy Retro was just released, provides a good example there's no signs of MC yet...

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:34 AM

Well first off it needs to be 60fps, second, at least contain Atlanta, Georgia and Houston, Texas as American Street Racing Maps, maybe throw in Las Vegas, Nevada too so they can show off that glitz strip look in the engine, and if they want to take a crack at a place outside of America again, Shanghai, China would be a beast to try and do.
  • Sunrise Driver, UltraGizmo64, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:57 AM Edited by Arrow, 06 January 2017 - 03:57 AM.

If they want to take a crack at a place outside of America again, Shanghai, China would be a beast to try and do.

Yeah, I would like to see this happen as well. Shanghai would make a great city for street racing. Tokyo was becoming overused since the movies. Also, I would love if they focus on an European location. Monaco maybe?
  • 2281, Kushology and Ivan1997GTA like this

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:40 AM Edited by Tao Cheng, 06 January 2017 - 10:43 AM.

Well first off it needs to be 60fps, second, at least contain Atlanta, Georgia and Houston, Texas as American Street Racing Maps, maybe throw in Las Vegas, Nevada too so they can show off that glitz strip look in the engine, and if they want to take a crack at a place outside of America again, Shanghai, China would be a beast to try and do.

I live in Las Vegas. Not much of a street racing culture here compared to Los Angeles.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:28 PM

I live in Las Vegas. Not much of a street racing culture here compared to Los Angeles.

I know, that one is more just for a show off and to give them a chance to try and show Vegas again, the other cities do have a scene.

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:20 PM Edited by Phnx., 16 January 2017 - 10:20 PM.

If they want to take a crack at a place outside of America again, Shanghai, China would be a beast to try and do.

Yeah, I would like to see this happen as well. Shanghai would make a great city for street racing. Tokyo was becoming overused since the movies. Also, I would love if they focus on an European location. Monaco maybe?

I think the UK and France (Paris and London were featured in previous Midnight Club installments, though) would do the job well.

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:27 PM

At this point I'd just be happy with a Midnight Club 3 or LA remaster. I don't think we'll ever get another Midnight Club, most people like to pretend GTAV is a better racing game unfortunately
  • Sunrise Driver, anthony, UltraGizmo64 and 1 other like this

Daedalheidis
  • Daedalheidis

Dope as sour beef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:21 AM

I'd be happy with something as simple as an HD remake of any of the PS2 Midnight Clubs. Imagine racing Savo in a life-like Los Angeles four times the size of it's caricature in GTA V.

At this point I'd just be happy with a Midnight Club 3 or LA remaster. I don't think we'll ever get another Midnight Club, most people like to pretend GTAV is a better racing game unfortunately

At least in Midnight Club, if an NPC rams you off the road you can just restart the race.

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:06 PM Edited by Versous, 02 February 2017 - 10:53 PM.

In my opinion they should copy the approach of MC 2 except they shouldn't invest time to create 3 different open world cities or make a single big one because its a racing game in the end. the sense of speed should be great (as it was with previous MC's) So you will traverse an open world pretty quickly either way. 

Keep Japan,Europe,US but give us as much variation as possible. Everything from some German Highway to Japan country side should be used for some very cool and unique tracks. Leave the checkpoint race concept so that shortcuts aren't that obvious.Make cops optional in SP&MP except for some of the story races and make them a real challenge like Hot Pursuit 2 but on todays A.I standard with bombs coming from above,road blocks all of that. Don't add any weapons for drivers and let the player master the handling.

I would be ok with a very solid 30fps instead of 60 (or unlocked 60fps option like Tomb raider) and make the all of settings shine instead, put as much traffic as possible, good damage model, realistic impact physics, weather effects etc.

This is the game that would give me dozens of hours of pure fun on SP alone. Sadly it'll probably never happen. Racing in GTA is just not focused enough to be anything like that and NFS lost its gameplay identity/style ever since criterion took over. Its a shame. Maybe some Indy dev will try something but will not have the production value to be great.

• BLOOD and Ivan1997GTA like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:19 AM Edited by BLOOD-MOND, 20 February 2017 - 10:25 AM.

Rockstar should split the franchise into two: Arcade and Openworld, and Racing Simulation. For an IP that have sold more than 13 million copies and the latest installment was released over 8 years ago and in tgat time alot of racing games have come and go including the King which is NFS, and then Forza Horizon sub-series, and the Crew. I am sure Rockstar will capitalise on the growing appetite for racing games. And oh Rockstar does not just own Midnight Club but also Smuggler's Run both from the San Diego studio and the latter which can be revived. Great Thread BTW.

Note-Edit: After the release of the sequel to their major IP, I think it will be great to see them start to work on a new Midnight Club game or even port them over to the PS4 and Xbox One.http://gazettereview...ht-club-series/

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:08 PM

People saying new MC should have pop dance "music" and EDM stuff cause past games had it - Nope. Past games didn't feature Club House or Pop/Euro/Progressive Trance which were popular in 2000s. They did feature popular music of that time but in more underground circles (Techno / Classic Trance / Acid Hard Trance / Breakbeat / D&B / Electro). So new game shoudnt have craptrap, "EDM", dubstep, electro house, big room house/trance in it. It should have D&B, Techno, PsyTrance, Indietronica/Synthwave, Breaks/Big Beat.

Different situation with Rap/Hip Hop though so expect to hear trap in Rap category.

• Tao Cheng, Payne Killer and Ivan1997GTA like this

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:48 PM

People saying new MC should have pop dance "music" and EDM stuff cause past games had it - Nope. Past games didn't feature Club House or Pop/Euro/Progressive Trance which were popular in 2000s. They did feature popular music of that time but in more underground circles (Techno / Classic Trance / Acid Hard Trance / Breakbeat / D&B / Electro). So new game shoudnt have craptrap, "EDM", dubstep, electro house, big room house/trance in it. It should have D&B, Techno, PsyTrance, Indietronica/Synthwave, Breaks/Big Beat.

Different situation with Rap/Hip Hop though so expect to hear trap in Rap category.

I have full faith on Rockstar when it comes to music selection. They know what's trending on each genre and never disappoint. I'm hungry for more tech-house or something deeper than that. I honestly thought GTAV was gonna have bangers, but ended up having Soulwax which was fine. I wasn't feeling it at the time but it grew on me when I found out it was big in Southern California 2012 - 2016ish. Sometimes I would hear "techno" / tech-house blasting through someone's apartment on South Bay and Venice Beach.

• Sunrise Driver and Ivan1997GTA like this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:07 PM

I think that GTA Online may have contributed to the absence of the Midnight Club franchise.

But it's more of how arcade style racing games seem to have fallen out of favor in the video game market. When you try to import those mindless racers you see in arcades to a home console, there's just not enough replay value. And in this day and age it's all about replay value of each individual game rather than how many games you can churn out. Nowadays, when it comes to games with driving, you got "simcades" (Forza, Gran Turismo) and wide open sandboxes (Grand Theft Auto) taking the spotlight.

• Tao Cheng and Ivan1997GTA like this

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:17 PM Edited by Adrian J., 13 April 2017 - 02:25 PM.

It would be great for the next Midnight Club to return to Tokyo but we had it 3 times already, with MC2, MC3 and the PSP version of MCLA.

Personally I would like to see a return to NYC, where it all started. And adding Long Island, since there's a lot of street racing going on there to a point where Sufflok county wants to build a legal drag strip to cut down on illegal racing XD.

With today's hardware I'm 100% positive R* could pull it off. Especially since we had The Crew with the whole of USA, doing NYC with a bit of LI wouldn't be a problem.

That and adding some manufacturers that were absent from MC games, like Porsche (No, that Gemballa in MC3 doesn't count) and BMW.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:08 PM

I'd love to see them do Tokyo, like what Mister Pink said in his perfectly worded essay. The only things I want to add onto it is that there's no cheap day cycle like there was in MCLA. It's Midnight Club for f*ck's sake, not Afternoon Club. Get outta here with that sh*t.

• Zello, ExTerminator and Ivan1997GTA like this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:25 PM

I'd love to see them do Tokyo, like what Mister Pink said in his perfectly worded essay. The only things I want to add onto it is that there's no cheap day cycle like there was in MCLA. It's Midnight Club for f*ck's sake, not Afternoon Club. Get outta here with that sh*t.

That, or at least have the ability to set the in-game clock and freeze it like in Burnout Paradise incase you feel like racing only at night.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:05 PM

Why even have a f*cking ingame clock though? It's MIDNIGHT club, not MIDNIGHT & AFTERNOON CLUB

• Zello and Payne Killer like this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:02 PM

Yeah but LA and LA Remix featured daytime as well.

Would love to see Tokyo as well. Obviously it would be whole new. Just like LA.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:02 PM

Why even have a f*cking ingame clock though? It's MIDNIGHT club, not MIDNIGHT & AFTERNOON CLUB

The franchise was named after the street racing gang Mid Night Club, who probably did car-related stuff during the day as well.

• (Ambient) and Ivan1997GTA like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users