Photo

If R* Made Another Midnight Club

80 replies to this topic
(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Wrath.

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:53 PM Edited by Phnx., 24 October 2015 - 05:55 PM.

Story
You're a racer, go out and be the best racer of them all on the illegal street racing circuit.

This is why developers should pay more attention about the story in their racing video games.

OT: That'd be nice to see a new Midnight Club video game. I have a lot of good memories with this series. MC II and 3: DUB Edition Remix are my favourites.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

iSaint9
  • iSaint9

Lewd | #Remodlution

• Van Society
  • Spain

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:00 AM

If I can store more than 5 vehicles, then it's a no brainer for me.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:17 PM

The biggest gripe I've seen about the new NFS game is the story in it, and how much cutscene action there is, simply because it seemed EA wanted to try and make it so film-like and whatnot, and it seemed to deter away from the olden days of just getting a random text message, with a 10 second clip of a racer pulling up and trying to threaten you in some way.

Midnight Club: LA is still a heavily played title for me on the 360. The story progresses with a simple message on your PDA, yet you still know what's going on, without the need for a movie every 5 minutes to further it.I wouldn't want them to try some AAA story that tries too hard to be a film, just the basics.

Funny to see the major debate in this topic has been the music, more than anything else. Don't get that tbh. As far as I'm aware, the games have had  a varied blend of genres, and if I didn't like the track, so what, I just skipped it or ignored it because I was so into the race.

I'd love to see a new MC game though. Like I said, my playing of MC: LA has furthered this need.

The major thing would be how to set this game apart from all the other racing titles out there though. For me, back in the day the major titles were NFS and MC...now it's abundant with them.

• Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

Bender
  • Bender

Swiss Army Dildo

• Daily Globe
  • Netherlands
  • Best Kitchen Appliance 2016

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:18 PM

I'd love ol' Vegas as a MC city. There's something about Las Vegas that's amazing.

blaze
  • blaze

Big Homie

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:41 PM

full soundtrack from calyx, aquasky and dom & roland

bigup

• Street Mix, Indi and Ivan1997GTA like this

Nico
  • Nico

Do you think you can tell?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:38 AM

Right now I'm replaying MC3 and I'm enjoying it. It's a bit harder than I remember, but still fun and challenging. Shame that we probably will never get another game, and if that ever happens, it could be outsourced (made by someone else for R*) and online-focused.

I still haven't had the chance to play MC:LA, but from what I know it seems like a brilliant game with a huge level of customization. If we could add the huge variety of cars in MC3 and a couple of maps then we will have the perfect MC game.

Honestly I'm not too fond on the kind of music they used in MC3 but I learned to live with it.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

unbid
  • unbid

Sgt. Pooper Lonely Farts Club

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:45 AM Edited by unbid, 30 April 2016 - 04:49 AM.

Gameplay:

Open-world racing game like MC3 with lots of collectibles that can be useful for the advancement of the game. Mission-type gameplay like in MC:LA will be introduced as side-mission that can rewards the player car cars and upgrades. Also, powerups like in MC3 will be added to the game.

Settings:

Modern world. Four regions, ten cities.

Locations:

Thinking it would be multiple cities like in MC3 from each region. I'm thinking of a combo of NYC and NJ (east coast), Detroit, Indianapolis, and Chicago (midwest), Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco (west coast), and Tokyo and Yokohama (Japan). The map size will be adjusted towards the console limitations, but I'm thinking it would be bigger than MC:LA.

Vehicles:

Carrying on from MC3, cars will be separated from several different classes: Classic (pre-1990's cars), Tuner (something like Ford Focus, Subaru BRZ, and Mitsubishi Lancer), Muscle (post-1990 American muscle), Luxury (European and American luxuries), SUV (Escalades, G-Wagens, and others), Exotic (all the high-performance cars), and Motorbike (Ducati, Kawasaki, and Triumph bunch. You'll get the image)

Soundtrack:

Several music sets for each radio stations that I can think of:
- Drum n' Bass
- House and Techno
- Trap and IDM
- Hip Hop and Rap
- Modern Rock, Alternative, and Indie rock
- Punk and Metal
- J-Rock (only played in Japan)
- Japanese Electronica (only played in Japan)
- Japanese Hip-Hop (only played in Japan)
  • Red Hat and Ivan1997GTA like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:44 AM

I would like for Sydney to be featured as a Location in it.

• Street Mix likes this

Nico
  • Nico

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:29 PM Edited by Nico, 30 April 2016 - 02:34 PM.

Now that unbid mentioned multiple regions, I would like to see more Europe. MC2 did Paris and I think they should explore a bit more there, if the series ever get back to life. I think when it comes to racing games, USA and (especially) Japan are a bit overdone.

A thing I don't like about MC3's car classes is to see several mid range sports cars in the tuner class (like the Lotus Elise or the Saleen SR). That could be a good "sports" category, a mid term between tuned and exotics.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

unbid
  • unbid

Sgt. Pooper Lonely Farts Club

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:39 PM

Now that unbid mentioned multiple regions, I would like to see more Europe. MC2 did Paris and I think they should explore a bit more there, if the series ever get back to life. I think when it comes to racing games, USA and (especially) Japan are a bit overdone.

A thing I don't like about MC3's car classes is to see several mid range sports cars in the tuner class (like the Lotus Elise or the Saleen SR). That could be a good "sports" category, a mid term between tuned and exotics.

The only part of Europe that will be a good location for driving games are the circuits, southern France, northern Italy and the European highways. Europe isn't really your typical street racing region of choice since the roads are mostly narrow and the street racing scene is not as exposed as in the U.S. and Japan.

Nico
  • Nico

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:09 PM

I guess they could do it like Forza Horizon 2 did, make an European map with wider streets to make it more playable.

Android
  • Android

Oreo

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:16 AM Edited by Alchemist, 03 May 2016 - 08:17 AM.

A Midnight Club game in a setting outside of the U.S would be weird as f*ck. It's just one of those things.. like with GTA, for example. It'd fit well into a grimy U.S city because that's where MC really started. Imports, loads of customization, and NFS Underground style street racing. Forza can get away with a Southern Europe setting because it's just a different type of theme.

MC could work in Japan, or China, which is where both MC and Forza would make sense.. but like I mentioned, different themes.
  • LevelDockSix and Ivan1997GTA like this

lowridincrew
  • lowridincrew

The WerkHeads Vice President

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:03 AM

Midnight Club LA is currently my #1 driving game right above Forza Horizon. I miss this game. Idk why they didn't follow up on it. Damn, at least make it backwards compatible. They could honestly update the graphics and gameplay of the last one and I would be happy.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:07 AM

"Midnight Club: Miami" in pink neon on a game box art depicting A Nissan GTR has been showing up in my dreams for a while now. Not sure if it's a sign or not. 

• LeakyLine and Ivan1997GTA like this

ASAP Marko
  • ASAP Marko

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:31 AM

MC2 went to LA, Paris and Tokyo, had a bunch of hip hop and house and it f*ckin worked. The game was so fun. I loved MC3 too. LA was okay but i kinda missed the changing scenery of different cities. A current one would be cool if it had that too, and just got the theme of the city added the landmarks and made it arcadey and fun to play on like they usually do.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:16 PM Edited by Lazor Guns, 19 September 2016 - 02:04 AM.

Just for fun I decided to make a fictional soundtrack to a hypothetical Midnight Club 5 if set in New York (this is what happens when you're bored to death and have nothing better to do). Keeping it current, like with Los Angeles. I've been thinking of what I'd like in a sequel to Midnight Club, and this might evolve into something more if I'm allowed to post a Midnight Club concept thread. What do you guys think? 

Midnight Club: New York City

Spoiler

Any suggestions and feedback are welcome.

• Spider-Vice, PhillBellic, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2016 - 04:33 AM

There hasn't been a good racing game since 2008 come on R* give us another Midnight Club

• lowridincrew, Street Mix, 018361 and 2 others like this

Achlys
  • Achlys

Rawr

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:01 AM

I'd like it if they inserted a Mexican city, and had an extreme metal soundtrack...
  • B Dawg and Payne Killer like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:03 AM

If such a Game appeared, expect there to be a Chrome Paint Option for the kiddies.

• 018361 likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2016 - 04:12 PM

If such a Game appeared, expect there to be a Chrome Paint Option for the kiddies.

Don't forget the dollar rims and clown horn.
  • PhillBellic likes this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:46 PM Edited by Ivan1997GTA, 27 September 2016 - 05:40 AM.

"Midnight Club: Miami" in pink neon on a game box art depicting A Nissan GTR has been showing up in my dreams for a while now. Not sure if it's a sign or not.

If that were to happen, I'm sure this will be the theme song:

Also, I imagine there's gonna be an option to choose between 6 playable characters at the start: 3 male, 3 female, instead of just one.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:42 AM

The Police would be RoboCop/Terminator Style Rubber-Banding Cheaters.

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Wrath.

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:26 PM

Location(s):

• Chicago, IL
  • Detroit, MI
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Jersey City, NJ

Alternatively, they could set MC "5" in Canada, New Zealand (we already have Aussie in FH3), or South Korea.

Story:

I'd love to have a reason for racing that isn't "you want to be the best racer in [insert location here]". Oh, and ability to create your own protagonist (something similar to Test Drive Unlimited) would be welcome.

Vehicles:

Vehicles depend on setting. Some stuff wouldn't work with all of the locations I mentioned before. Did I mention classes, like in MC3?

Soundtrack:

• Electronica (whatever is popular nowadays)
  • Drum 'n' Bass
  • Rock
  • Indie (or "Alternative". Just some indie pop/indietronica sh*t)
  • Hip-Hop
  • [insert setting here] hip-hop
  • something related to the setting (like K-Pop for South Korea, Techno for Detroit, or House for Chicago)

Having some throwbacks in the soundtrack (like in pre-MC:LA games) would be neat.

• Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

el carlitos
  • el carlitos

Less luxury, more urban style

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 01 November 2016 - 12:12 PM

Instead of a new Midnight Club I would prefer all the range of content for GTA Online.

MGgames100
  • MGgames100

T2 just took down OpenIV! Boycott ONLINE!

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Concept 2016 [Tuner DLC]
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:55 PM

Just gonna leave this here:
https://whois.icann....ightclub.online

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:13 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 13 November 2016 - 02:14 PM.

This was discussed before, they also registered one for RDR and GTA, and even just Rockstar Games. Dot Online seems to be a replacement for dot Com, that's all.

Edit: Even Bully. This means nothing, just some safekeeping of domains I guess.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Radioaktivität

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:35 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 06 December 2016 - 05:56 PM.

A new Midnight Club for me would be set in Tokyo. The game itself would be a homage to Japanese gaming when it comes to menu and menu music with crazy arpeggio synth music. The style would be also a homage to 80'/90's gaming. Think BloodDragon but with fast cars. Focus will be on Japanese cars, European cars and some American imports. 

Story mode will consist Max Payne inspired story telling in comic-style with Retrowave/Synthwave music. It will have a rather dark story involving involving branching/RPG storyline based on the responses you give. For example, if you are talking to a rival racer and you keep responding negatively or sarcastically too much they'll become a "Sworn Enemy." Sworn Enemies use dirty tactics when racing. However, they will be highlighted so you know if you are around one. You can make multiple Sworn Enemies and every time you beat them you get double points/cash off them. The story will be a save the princess-style cliche but battling some Yakuza along the way.

Also a in-game odds calculator will give you odds as well as odds on other racers where you can bet on them. You can do pink slip bets only with Sworn Enemies. If your odds are good and others are betting on you regularly, you'll receive a percentage of earnings from those bets. 

Night time will feature as the city is alive at night. Faithful recreation of Tokyo will be ditched in favour of fun racing,

Loading screens are little arcade games inspired by Snake and Pac-Man. 

Driving mechanics inspired by Forza Horizon style with realistic graphics.

Soundtrack will have 80's music, Synthwave, Electro-Funk, Hip-Hop/Trip-Hop, Electronic, Japanese Electropop,  

Spoiler

• universetwisters, Payne Killer, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:35 PM Edited by Ivan1997GTA, 05 December 2016 - 03:36 PM.

A new Midnight Club for me would be set in Tokyo. The game itself would be a homage to Japanese gaming when it comes to menu and menu music with crazy arpeggio synth music. The style would be also a homage to 80'/90's gaming. Think BloodDragon but with fast cars. Focus will be on Japanese cars, European cars and some American imports. 

Story mode will consist Max Payne inspired story telling in comic-style with Retrowave/Synthwave music. It will have a rather dark story involving involving branching/RPG storyline based on the responses you give. For example, if you are talking to a rival racer and you keep responding negatively or sarcastically too much they'll become a "Sworn Enemy." Sworn Enemies use dirty tactics when racing. However, they will be highlighted so you know if you are around one. You can make multiple Sworn Enemies and every time you beat them you get double points/cash off them. The story will be a save the princess-style cliche but battling some Yakuza along the way.

Also a in-game odds calculator will give you odds as well as odds on other racers where you can bet on them. You can do pink slip bets only with Sworn Enemies. If your odds are good and others are betting on you regularly, you'll receive a percentage of earnings from those bets. 

Night time will feature as the city is alive at night.

Loading screens are little arcade games inspired by Snake and Pac-Man. 

Driving mechanics inspired by Forza Horizon style with realistic graphics.

Soundtrack will have 80's music, Synthwave, Electro-Funk, Hip-Hop/Trip-Hop, Electronic, Japanese Electropop,  

Spoiler

Sounds brilliant, even if we already had 3 games that featured Tokyo. There would also be occasional drift races (because Japan, why not?) Also, the soundtrack would include HI-NRG, Jazz (stuff like Jamiroquai, Bonobo, etc.) and J-Rock + Metal music brought in for good measure. I could just imagine driving really fast on a highway (and maybe tick off some cops) in an old Japanese car (like a Toyota AE86) while listening to this track.

Or, when relaxing in the garage and customizing the car, hearing some old Japanese electronic music.

• universetwisters likes this

JRC99
  • JRC99

F*CK TAKE TWO!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:09 AM

I know it was in MC3, but a new one set in Detroit would be a day 1 buy if it came to PC. I don't understand how such a grimy place is so underused in video games. Plus, Detroit's got a street racing scene. 

• UltraGizmo64 and Ivan1997GTA like this

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

Grand Theft Auto Québec TC developer

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:17 PM Edited by Leone Family, 19 December 2016 - 08:56 PM.

Me and my friend are koreaphiles so we always wanted Rockstar Games to make a game called Midnight Club : South Korea. It would be set in the cities of Seoul, Daegu and Busan and would feature korean cars like, for example,

-The Oullim Spirra

Oulim-Spirra-00.jpg

-The Hyundai Genesis Coupe

220px-2013_Hyundai_Genesis_Coupe_3.8_R-S

-The Kia Forte

04-2017-kia-forte-5-detroit-1.jpg

-And many more

The game would also have the Cheju Do challenge. It would take place on the entire island of Cheju Do and would work similarly like the Tokyo Challenge in Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix.

Edit: I just made a logo for Midnight Club : South Korea!

midnight_club___south_korea_logo_by_leon

I'm also gonna make a whole game cover in the next week so stay tuned!

Edit 2: I've completed the game cover!

midnight_club___south_korea_front_cover_

• Street Mix, UltraGizmo64 and Ivan1997GTA like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users