If R* Made Another Midnight Club

80 replies to this topic
Landotel
  • Landotel

Rarely Active

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:06 PM

What would be the gameplay, setting, story, vehicles, soundtrack, & characters?

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:21 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 14 October 2015 - 11:21 PM.

-Multiple cities like the MC's before LA with cities like LV, LA, Tokyo and NY.

-Story can be anything really but if the did a good story line then that would be a plus.

-Vehicles like in LA and 3.

-Gameplay that is arcade is but still challenging.

-Characters can be whatever they want so long they are not anoyning (not that any character was bad in the past games.)

I dont care about what they do just give me a sequel and save me from NFS cuz of EA's stupid decisions.

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

• slimeball supreme and Ivan1997GTA like this

Landotel
  • Landotel

Rarely Active

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:01 AM

-Multiple cities like the MC's before LA with cities like LV, LA, Tokyo and NY.

-Story can be anything really but if the did a good story line then that would be a plus.

-Vehicles like in LA and 3.

-Gameplay that is arcade is but still challenging.

-Characters can be whatever they want so long they are not anoyning (not that any character was bad in the past games.)

I dont care about what they do just give me a sequel and save me from NFS cuz of EA's stupid decisions.

- Multiple cities = YES

- Story = YES
- Vehicles = YEEEEEESSSS

- Gameplay = OH HELL YES

- I want my own custom characters with real brands and have both female and male genders.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:15 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 15 October 2015 - 11:20 AM.

Multiple cities connected by winding roads and a super highway. Maybe like Chicago and Las Vegas. 

The Story would be you being a deep undercover cop investigating a a deep underground drug smuggling cartel. However, the weakest link in the chain an enforcer of the big boss is obsessed with street racing. The only way to get near him is to engage in street-racing culture. It's a slow process but over time you gain his trust eventually leading you to some elite high-stakes street racing syndicate.

After infiltrating the the syndicate you discover they have an annual illegal street race like the Gumball. It's a huge race in length, endurance is key  and very exclusive. It's got the nickname the The Scumball. The race is made up all the best hired drivers (mostly getaway drivers and career criminals)

This event attracts big big gambling between some crime bosses across the US and even south of the border. It's the one event where the conflict of business interests is put aside. It's like the Sunday truce of illegal street racing. 

You have been chosen by big boss the represent him in the race. Win and you'll live like a king and also trace the whereabouts of the elusive boss thus taking him down. Lose and you'll be executed. Can you win the race and meet big boss? Can you tear down the major crime syndicate on the streets?

So, although you are racing frequently illegally on the streets there'll be options for a few legit circuit tracks too for bonus payouts.

• Algonquin Assassin, Matty, KilnerLUFC and 5 others like this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:46 PM

Hopefully not a hair-pullingly difficult as LA, probably a massive city such as NYC or Miami, you'll be a racer trying to be the best racer of them all, new vehicles from the '10s mixed with old, rock, electronic, and hip-hop as current as possible, a bunch of racers.

I really do want a new Midnight Club. What's taking them so long?

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:36 PM Edited by Street Mix, 20 February 2017 - 03:00 PM.

Setting:

The Crew-like map but in Australia. 5-6 cities on the map. Perth, Melbourne (!), Brisbane (!), Sydney, Gold Coast (optional), Adelaide (optional).

Soundtrack:

Drum & Bass, Jungle, Ragga Jungle, Techno, Breakbeat, Big Beat, Chemical Breaks, Dub, Dancehall, PsyTrance, Classic (not "progressive") Trance, Hip House, Hard Trance, Modern Rock, Classic Rock, Hip Hop.

No dubstep, trap, twerk and other BS.

Lots of Pendulum.

Gameplay:

Classic MC gameplay.

Story:

I wouldn't mind if there's not one at all.

Characters:

Midnight Club II-like characters and cutscenes.

• Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:10 PM

setting - Seattle, Washington and the surrounding mountain backroads. Nobody really does Seattle, it would be original and a completely new experience.

gameplay - Lots of customization, expanded upon from the previous games. Races and the usual stuff, nothing complicated or trying too hard to be unique, just simple fun.

vehicles - 100+ ranging from tuners to a couple of hypers. Lots of luxury cars as usual.

soundtrack - Whatevers hip at the moment as well as grunge maybe, who knows?

All I know is that I'd want it now if this were the case.

• Mister Pink and Kyle17 like this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:27 AM

Soundtrack:

Drum & Bass, Jungle, Ragga Jungle, Techno, Breakbeat, Big Beat, Chemical Breaks, Dub, Dancehall, PsyTrance, Classic (not "progressive") Trance, Hip House, Hard Trance, Modern Rock, Classic Rock, Hip Hop.

No dubstep, trap, twerk and other BS; less Hard Rock & metal.

Lots of Pendulum.

How do you know that? A lot of those genres you listed are outdated by about, 10-15 years. Midnight Club tries to be as current as possible.

• TECHN9CiAN likes this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:01 AM

OUTDATED? DA F**K?

So what? We should forget great music existed just because it's 15-20 years old? Stupid and retarded.

For instance, Crystal Method early albums are 100% suitable for an MC game and are better than 99% of current "music". But we should ditch them into trash bin and put something from the latest CM album (which sucks hard), right? Wrong.

• Scaglietti likes this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:16 AM Edited by NightSpectre, 16 October 2015 - 08:26 AM.

OUTDATED? DA F**K?

So what? We should forget great music existed just because it's 15-20 years old? Stupid and retarded.

For instance, Crystal Method early albums are 100% suitable for an MC game and are better than 99% of current "music". But we should ditch them into trash bin and put something from the latest CM album (which sucks hard), right? Wrong.

Have you forgotten that Midnight Club LA featured 90% of its songs from 2008, with the exception of a few from 2007? The soundtracks are made to be current. If anything, we'll probably get 3 genres (rock, electronic, hip-hop) with 2 variations of each: Hard rock/heavy metal, alternative rock/indie rock, mainstream EDM, electro, mainstream rap, X-location based rap. This works for me.

I suggest we stop here, I don't want this thread to get derailed.

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:38 AM Edited by Street Mix, 16 October 2015 - 08:40 AM.

mainstream EDM, electro, mainstream rap

Why do you hate next Midnight Club game so much already? Go play NFS for mainstream "music".

I just listed genres, I haven's said anything about 90s. You can find good music nowdays too but you have to dig deep for it. R* will be digging, that's for sure. They're not EA. MCLA soundtrack was good and different (more underground) from mainstream one in NFS Shift and NFS Hot Pursuit 3.

• Mister Pink and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:15 AM Edited by NightSpectre, 16 October 2015 - 09:35 AM.

mainstream EDM, electro, mainstream rap

Why do you hate next Midnight Club game so much already? Go play NFS for mainstream "music".

I just listed genres, I haven's said anything about 90s. You can find good music nowdays too but you have to dig deep for it. R* will be digging, that's for sure. They're not EA. MCLA soundtrack was good and different (more underground) from mainstream one in NFS Shift and NFS Hot Pursuit 3.

I only listed those based on what MCLA had. The electronic station was EDM, well, as much as you could get for 2008, while the "eclectic" station may be up your alley. You talk like you're representing R*, when you're not. I suggest you take a look at MCLA's soundtrack because it had tons of mainstream artists.

I suggest we stop now, this has gone on long enough and I'm not going to take the blame if this gets derailed (assuming it hasn't already).

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

borger

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:34 AM

Setting:
Maybe a big chunk of Spain, the East Coast of England, or Miami/Orlando/Atlanta. All good.

Soundtrack:
A lot of modern Electronic, EDM, maybe some (of the good) dubstep. Make it kinda similar to PayDay 2's Soundtrack. 

Gameplay:
Same as always, just a bit more refined.

Story:
An Undercover Cop tries to get into a big up-and-coming illegal street race ring with suspicions of planning something more. Leader is a rumoured drug racketeer from Houston and more rumours that this scene is secretly being used as a handle for drug smuggling.
  • Homemade Dynamite likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:07 AM

Soundtrack:
Lots of Pendulum.

How do you know that? A lot of those genres you listed are outdated by about, 10-15 years. Midnight Club tries to be as current as possible.

Sorry, not to go to off topic. Can you please explain how you define an outdated genre of music? And when does music go out of date?
  • Sunrise Driver, Nico, ClaudeSpeed1911 and 3 others like this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:23 AM

Soundtrack:
Lots of Pendulum.

Sorry, not to go to off topic. Can you please explain how you define an outdated genre of music? And when does music go out of date?

Those genres don't have widespread popularity in the same way that EDM, house, and trap does. If Midnight Club wants to be current like previous games, they would include the genres I just listed. To me, techno just sounds like it belongs in the '80s/90s (Eminem said himself, "nobody listens to techno").

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:54 AM Edited by Street Mix, 16 October 2015 - 10:57 AM.

This is a MIDNIGHT CLUB game, not Just Dance. This game is aimed at racing fans, not at club goer chics.

The music you listed is the worst music ever existed. I'd rather have Country and Afrobeat in a racing game than those.

• Mister Pink, ClaudeSpeed1911, Scaglietti and 2 others like this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:59 AM Edited by NightSpectre, 16 October 2015 - 11:03 AM.

This is a MIDNIGHT CLUB game, not Just Dance. This game is aimed at racing fans, not at club goer chics.

The music you listed is the worst music ever existed. I'd rather have Country and Afrobeat in a racing game than those.

That's like, your opinion man. And my opinion, EDM and trap music fits racing perfectly, just play other racing games to see. You're a really pleasant guy to be around, aren't you? 

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • Iraq

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:42 AM

I want it to be like a mix of Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition and Midnight Club: Los Angeles. The game should also have MCIII's Special Powers (not MCLA's) and as for the player, the cut scenes should be in first-person, and in the start, there should be option whether to play as male or female, which affects other people's attitudes towards you and skills. No customization though, a generic racer type character is enough.

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:55 AM Edited by lazy., 16 October 2015 - 12:00 PM.

I want it to be like a mix of Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition and Midnight Club: Los Angeles. The game should also have MCIII's Special Powers (not MCLA's) and as for the player, the cut scenes should be in first-person, and in the start, there should be option whether to play as male or female, which affects other people's attitudes towards you and skills. No customization though, a generic racer type character is enough.

What's this SJW bullsh*t you're trying to shoehorn into Midnight Club?

It's a racing game not Tumblr. "skills" aren't determined by the gender I choose at the start, they're determined by the person playing the game.

And secondly why should Rockstar waste money and resources on having all these different playable characters and voice actors? I play midnight club to drive cars not pretend to be a woman.

Generic white male who's in town to race. Don't need any storyline about drug cartels or whatever, just the occasional light hearted cutscene to introduce us to characters we're racing against.

For multiplayer a simple GTA4 style skin selector would do.

Same formula as Midnight Club LA, just with more cars, even more customisation, a bigger map and more race types like drag and drift. Multiplayer car meets where you can get out of your car and take photos, that sort of thing. Maybe expand on the minigames LA had, like a vigilante side mission.
  • TheInda likes this

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • Iraq

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:09 PM

What's this SJW bullsh*t you're trying to shoehorn into Midnight Club?

It's a racing game not Tumblr. "skills" aren't determined by the gender I choose at the start, they're determined by the person playing the game.

And secondly why should Rockstar waste money and resources on having all these different playable characters and voice actors? I play midnight club to drive cars not pretend to be a woman.

Generic white male who's in town to race. Don't need any storyline about drug cartels or whatever, just the occasional light hearted cutscene to introduce us to characters we're racing against.

For multiplayer a simple GTA4 style skin selector would do.

Same formula as Midnight Club LA, just with more cars, even more customisation, a bigger map and more race types like drag and drift. Multiplayer car meets where you can get out of your car and take photos, that sort of thing. Maybe expand on the minigames LA had, like a vigilante side mission.

I did not say anything about voice actors and a storyline with drug cartels... what I meant was that in case you selected your gender as 'female', the people talking to you in cutscenes will be less 'agressive' and 'harsh' and there will be a variation in cutscenes depending on your gender, but the story will be the same. Also, when you are driving around and move your camera to see the driver, instead of seeing a dude or a faded out guy, you can see a generic 'female street racer', it's because to keep the feminists happy. I can agree with you about the skills part though.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:24 PM

I actually agree with being able to select your gender, but it should be purely aesthetic.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:13 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 16 October 2015 - 05:13 PM.

Please no mainstream style music, just underground or 90's stuff.

Imo the only songs that may fit are Metal/Rap/DnB/Electro. Stuff that was in the old games and fit fast paced gameplay, that's what the soundtrack should be like.

I would sugget Synthwave music but I'm not sure it fits the fast paced gameplay and the style of MC.

• Sunrise Driver and Ivan1997GTA like this

Lazerface
  • Lazerface

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:03 PM

Please no mainstream style music, just underground or 90's stuff.

Imo the only songs that may fit are Metal/Rap/DnB/Electro. Stuff that was in the old games and fit fast paced gameplay, that's what the soundtrack should be like.

I would sugget Synthwave music but I'm not sure it fits the fast paced gameplay and the style of MC.

Literally all of those were in MC: LA. It even had a song from Kavinsky.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 and Ivan1997GTA like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:43 PM

Damn gotta replay MCLA then, its been too long.

Landotel
  • Landotel

Rarely Active

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:26 PM Edited by Raul Passos, 16 October 2015 - 11:38 PM.

Genres of music:

Alt Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Punk, West Coast Hip Hop, East Coast Hip Hop, Dirty South, Midwest Hip Hop, Reggae, Drum N Bass, House, Techno, & an Instrumental Hip Hop Music when played both in main menu music & racing. 

Spoiler

As for a map, they can go with 10 racing maps, bigger than Midnight Club LA, but still maintain multiple maps 

The List:

1.) San Diego, CA 

2.) Atlanta, GA 

3.) Detroit, MI
4.) New York City, NY

5.) Baltimore, MD

6.) Washington, DC

7.) San Francisco, CA

8.) Cincinnati, OH

9.) Las Vegas, NV

10.) Houston, TX

Added Maps after completing 100%:

Tokyo, Japan

London, England

Paris, France

Honolulu, HI

Cape Town, South Africa (Trying to go a little diverse here)

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

Lazerface
  • Lazerface

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:14 PM

Soundtrack:
Lots of Pendulum.

Those genres don't have widespread popularity in the same way that EDM, house, and trap does.

DJ Shadow would disagree with you.

• Sunrise Driver and Landotel like this

Landotel
  • Landotel

Rarely Active

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:18 PM

Soundtrack:
Lots of Pendulum.

Those genres don't have widespread popularity in the same way that EDM, house, and trap does.

DJ Shadow would disagree with you.

Same with Bonobo. 

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:15 PM

And The Prodigy.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:07 PM Edited by NightSpectre, 22 October 2015 - 11:07 PM.

Gameplay

The game would likely be a wide-open world like LA, since that's their specialty .

Setting

The setting would likely be New York or Miami, I have a feeling about that because it seems like the next logical step.

Story

You're a racer, go out and be the best racer of them all on the illegal street racing circuit.

Vehicles

Real world vehicles would be involved, like MCLA.

Soundtrack

We'll probably get three base genres with two variations of each like MCLA. Specifically rock would be split into hard rock/heavy metal and alternative/indie rock, electronic would be split into mainstream electronica and more underground "eclectic", and hip-hop would be split mainstream hip-hop from all over the country and regional hip-hop from the setting. If it takes place in Miami, we might see latin music as well.

Characters

Racing games aren't exactly known for their deep characters, so it doesn't really matter here.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

AboveAndBeyoncé
  • AboveAndBeyoncé

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2015 - 12:17 PM

lol @Raul, Baltimore MD racing lol.... The new midnight club should just be one great game with all the cities in the old MC's put together in this game as cities we switch to like mc3 or we can drive to them like in The Crew it would be cool and a lot of cars with endless customization
  • LeakyLine likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users