Photo

Physical Contents for PS1?

5 replies to this topic
SleepyT
  • SleepyT

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:39 AM Edited by SleepyT, 12 October 2015 - 01:40 PM.

In order to complete my GTA collection I need the US releases of GTA1, GTALondon, and GTA2 for Playstation 1. My question is what should be the actual physical contents of these games? As in manuals and maps for each different version (black label, Greatest Hits, and Collector's Edition).

Please correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I can tell the original black label versions for GTA1 and GTA2 did not come with maps, just a manual and disc. The maps weren't added until the Greatest Hits and Collector's Edition versions, right? Any pics or links would be greatly appreciated as well as any info on the standalone release of GTALondon for PS1. Thank you

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:06 AM Edited by Helegad, 12 October 2015 - 11:07 AM.

I have a copy of an AUS release black label Grand Theft Auto and Grand Theft Auto 2 and they both indeed came with full size maps: two double-sided A3-ish pages with three maps and one old-style movie poster with GTA, and one A4-ish page with four maps with GTA2.

SleepyT
  • SleepyT

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:16 AM

I have a copy of an AUS release black label Grand Theft Auto and Grand Theft Auto 2 and they both indeed came with full size maps: two double-sided A3-ish pages with three maps and one old-style movie poster with GTA, and one A4-ish page with four maps with GTA2.

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to have a pic or a link to a pic of these maps? They don't have to be great pictures, just good enough for reference on my venture

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:11 PM Edited by Helegad, 19 October 2015 - 01:11 PM.

Sure thing.

IMG_20151019_230727.jpg

IMG_20151019_230735.jpg

IMG_20151019_230745.jpg

And I was incorrect before, they are all A4.

SonicTheSexhog
  • SonicTheSexhog

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:23 PM Edited by SonicTheSexhog, 13 January 2017 - 01:24 PM.

This may be random and somewhat off-topic but I thought I'd post:
Yesterday I was looking for photos of the 70's Chevrolet Monza and came accross a photo of a red one. I thought it looked very familiar and then remembered it was the exact same photo from that GTA 1 poster.

Take a look:

OVdY9e.jpg

I think they definitely must have traced that photo for the drawing on the poster. The angle is the same, the wheel angle is the same, the grill and emblems are the same, the view behind the windshield, the details on the lights.

Besides the side mirror looks a bit weird in the drawing... because it's one of the few things they didn't trace :p

But it's totally the same photo.

Besides, tracing photos for game art was quite common back in the 90's.

• piko likes this

totyak
  • totyak

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:32 PM

In order to complete my GTA collection I need the US releases of GTA1, GTALondon, and GTA2 for Playstation 1. My question is what should be the actual physical contents of these games? As in manuals and maps for each different version (black label, Greatest Hits, and Collector's Edition).

Please correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I can tell the original black label versions for GTA1 and GTA2 did not come with maps, just a manual and disc. The maps weren't added until the Greatest Hits and Collector's Edition versions, right? Any pics or links would be greatly appreciated as well as any info on the standalone release of GTALondon for PS1. Thank you

I suggest for you, look at youtube unboxing videos and eBay advertisements!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users