Photo

Whats makes vice city so damn good

8 replies to this topic
drvice
  • drvice

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2003 - 07:24 AM

i spend a lot of time bitchen about the game but , it is by far the best way to relief stress

Zottekop
  • Zottekop

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2003 - 08:59 AM

I think GTA is the best game because you're free to go where ever you want (except for a lot of buildings)...it has more then 100 vehicles including helicopters, bikes, cars, boats etc. that's what makes GTA such a good game.

Tanner
  • Tanner

Driver

• Members

Posted 28 January 2003 - 10:06 AM

Because it is simply the best game ever made. The reason that people b*tch about it sometimes is that GTA3 came out and showed everyone glimpses of what was possible. Things no one had imagined before. GTA3 were near perfect, the layout and feel of the game were bang on, all it needed was maybe a fourth island, bikes, aircraft and more action out on the sea and interactive buildings. Oh and more missions of course. GTAVC satisfied all of these needs but still hasn't gone all the way, so the next game still has lots of scope.

If you think about it, the game is only limited by the programmers ability to harness the PS2s power. What would make GTAVC better? Well GTA3 had a couple of points over GTAVC, they are only minor but add to the atmosphere. TO me there are three.

1) The data streaming that GTAVC uses means that once a car has gone past Tommy, it no longer exists. Search for a bike, see one come past, turn, its gone. This detracts from the real life feel and bugs you.

2) GTA3 was gloomy, this set a different mood on the game, one that fits the game better.

3) GTA3 had hills. This was great to me, it made for great scenery.

I know this thread is what about what is great about GTAVC but I am just making the point that if the game had these three elements from GTA3. It would be perfect. I am glad it hasn't, because it means that the next game can improve therefore they will make one. GTAVC is the best game I have ever played, GTA3 the second.

Esperanto_Boy
  • Esperanto_Boy

generic witty member title

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2003 - 02:02 PM

Quote (Tanner @ Jan. 28 2003,10:06)
Because it is simply the best game ever made. The reason that people b*tch about it sometimes is that GTA3 came out and showed everyone glimpses of what was possible. Things no one had imagined before. GTA3 were near perfect, the layout and feel of the game were bang on, all it needed was maybe a fourth island, bikes, aircraft and more action out on the sea and interactive buildings. Oh and more missions of course. GTAVC satisfied all of these needs but still hasn't gone all the way, so the next game still has lots of scope.

If you think about it, the game is only limited by the programmers ability to harness the PS2s power. What would make GTAVC better? Well GTA3 had a couple of points over GTAVC, they are only minor but add to the atmosphere. TO me there are three.

1) The data streaming that GTAVC uses means that once a car has gone past Tommy, it no longer exists. Search for a bike, see one come past, turn, its gone. This detracts from the real life feel and bugs you.

2) GTA3 was gloomy, this set a different mood on the game, one that fits the game better.

3) GTA3 had hills. This was great to me, it made for great scenery.

I know this thread is what about what is great about GTAVC but I am just making the point that if the game had these three elements from GTA3. It would be perfect. I am glad it hasn't, because it means that the next game can improve therefore they will make one. GTAVC is the best game I have ever played, GTA3 the second.

I completely agree. There is quite simply no game like it. No other games developer dare include some of the stuff Rockstar do in their games. It's controversial, which is what makes it so damn good.

Boardstyles
  • Boardstyles

Resident SOCOM Supreme Being

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2003 - 02:35 AM

If they do a Las Vegas copy, which is what i'm hearing half the time ( it's getting really confusing, isn't it?) they'll have the best of both worlds, i'm wondering how they are gonna keep it seperated from the outside world while keeping it realistic, i mean the hills did it in liberty because air travel was limited to one plane that i could barely get over to staunton(probably cuz i never owned the game) any ideas?

i just realized this is the most off topic i have ever gotten, i'm so proud of myself :)

-VideoPoker-
  • -VideoPoker-

phugly

• Members

Posted 30 January 2003 - 03:24 AM

You guys are right GTA3 had this cool dark feeling to it and it did seem to fit the game nicely...That's all if have to say :)

superdino
  • superdino

L0V3

• Members

Posted 30 January 2003 - 03:26 AM

Perfect explination Tanner, but I don't think the next game will be perfect, not with the PS2's hardware. Not to talk bad about it, but it is the 1st of the "Next Generation" consoles, which makes it just a bit worse. I believe it will be very very good on later systems such as PS3 or if they sell out, Xbox. (No flames please ) :p  Anyway, GTA3 is still number 1 for me. :D

Superilldude
  • Superilldude

• Members

Posted 30 January 2003 - 03:42 AM

I agree with tanner.

wilzo9
  • wilzo9

GET RID OF THESE STARS! I DIDN'T DO NUTTIN'

• Members

Posted 30 January 2003 - 05:45 PM

I think wot makes vice great is the urgency to carry on if your stuck on a mission  ( Wow, i feel all big and cleva 4 sayin that!!!;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users