23 replies to this topic
Cell Tennyson
  • Cell Tennyson

Co Con Co CONN!!

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:54 AM

Hola Guys!! :)

Most of the times when i am on some missions like chasing missions (V.I.P, Waste the wife etc) or racing missions and when i am driving carefully, some random aggressive ped driving a car just overtakes other vehicles and comes and hits me. Like today i was completing a vice city race ie Country Endurance i guess, the moment i came near the last checkpoint near sunshine autos, a random ped driving a comet, overtaking other vehicles crashed into my car as a result the other competitor driving banshee won the race. and i lost because i couldn't immediately get on the way.

So after that i lost i started chasing that aggressive driver, did a drive-by and blew him up. So this kind of ped behavior really gets me annoyed :devil:  . What do you guys think?? what would you do in such situations??

• MrAlexVercetti, GTAGuy1995 and gtafan2u like this

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Insert Title Here

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:10 AM Edited by GTAGuy1995, 02 October 2015 - 11:13 AM.

I understand you, I have always been annoyed by drivers who randomly crash into your car, especially in middle of missions, sometimes damaging your car and other times making you lose the mission because of those seconds lost during crash. The most dangerous example would be Publicity Tour, where crashing into a vehicle means the mission is over. In last playthrough it took me like 5 tries because I was always close to bomb being defused but stupid cars keep crashing into me or when trying to overtake a driver, he gets right in front of me.

However I find more annoying the drivers in SA where at a slightest bump, they start to ram into your car like crazy. In those cases I usually do a drive-by and try to destroy their car. On 3 and VC I don't find drivers that annoying.

I also hate sometimes when drivers ran me over, that once in my last playthrough caused me to get busted (as I had 1-star wanted level in mission Bar Brawl) and a stupid driver ran me over while a cop was chasing me. Mission Failed, Busted! :miranda:

Speaking of cops, I also hate when cops are the ones who crash into my car and I get a wanted level for not doing anything! Though sometimes I don't get a wanted level at all when either cops crash into me or I crash into them. This happened in 3, VC and SA.

• MrAlexVercetti and gtafan2u like this

Cell Tennyson
  • Cell Tennyson

Co Con Co CONN!!

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:26 PM

I understand you, I have always been annoyed by drivers who randomly crash into your car, especially in middle of missions, sometimes damaging your car and other times making you lose the mission because of those seconds lost during crash. The most dangerous example would be Publicity Tour, where crashing into a vehicle means the mission is over. In last playthrough it took me like 5 tries because I was always close to bomb being defused but stupid cars keep crashing into me or when trying to overtake a driver, he gets right in front of me.

However I find more annoying the drivers in SA where at a slightest bump, they start to ram into your car like crazy. In those cases I usually do a drive-by and try to destroy their car. On 3 and VC I don't find drivers that annoying.

I also hate sometimes when drivers ran me over, that once in my last playthrough caused me to get busted (as I had 1-star wanted level in mission Bar Brawl) and a stupid driver ran me over while a cop was chasing me. Mission Failed, Busted! :miranda:

Speaking of cops, I also hate when cops are the ones who crash into my car and I get a wanted level for not doing anything! Though sometimes I don't get a wanted level at all when either cops crash into me or I crash into them. This happened in 3, VC and SA.

Oh yes i almost forgot about Publicity Tour i was driving at high speed as usual as you have to drive fast also it rains during that mission making the road slippery, So when i was doing the mission a random cab driver hit my limo hardly and i crashed into a wall, BOOOMM mission failed. Really these aggressive drivers need to be taken care of. Now whenever i see them i just chase them and kill them.

Yes i did notice that cop drivers also become aggressive sometimes and though they ram us first even though we are driving carefully, we get a wanted level and sometimes i ram their cars very hardly and still i dont get any wanted level. :dontgetit:

• MrAlexVercetti and gtafan2u like this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:47 PM

When it comes to missions where a dumb NPC drivers can screw up the whole mission,I think even worse than Publicity Tour was mission The Driver (the mission where you race against that fat getaway driver before the bank heist).He´s driving a faster car,his handling is unreal,and the cops are only after you,but not him.You really need to drive perfectly to win in that race,but no matter how well you drive,sometimes an NPC car just spawns out of nowhere and either hits you or makes you hit it,making you lose control and slowing you down,and then the cops catch up and start ramming you,slowing you down even more.For every time I passed that mission,I failed it at least 10 times,often because of the NPCs.Worst thing of all is that even after you go through all that sh*t,the guy doesn´t even drive,you drive to the bank,and then he gets killed in front of the bank and you have to lose the cops.In my opinion,that´s one of the worst missions in GTA history.

Also,let´s not forget the GTA SA highway traffic pileups and GTA Online Sentinel driver.

• j7n and gluserty like this

Cell Tennyson
  • Cell Tennyson

Co Con Co CONN!!

• Members
  • India

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:24 AM

When it comes to missions where a dumb NPC drivers can screw up the whole mission,I think even worse than Publicity Tour was mission The Driver (the mission where you race against that fat getaway driver before the bank heist).He´s driving a faster car,his handling is unreal,and the cops are only after you,but not him.You really need to drive perfectly to win in that race,but no matter how well you drive,sometimes an NPC car just spawns out of nowhere and either hits you or makes you hit it,making you lose control and slowing you down,and then the cops catch up and start ramming you,slowing you down even more.For every time I passed that mission,I failed it at least 10 times,often because of the NPCs.Worst thing of all is that even after you go through all that sh*t,the guy doesn´t even drive,you drive to the bank,and then he gets killed in front of the bank and you have to lose the cops.In my opinion,that´s one of the worst missions in GTA history.

Also,let´s not forget the GTA SA highway traffic pileups and GTA Online Sentinel driver.

Yes its True I failed The Driver mission 2 times when i was doing it on pc. At first a random NPC driving Sentinel just like Tommy hit my car and immediately Hilary overtook me and then those cops started ramming me from behind for which my sentinel got damaged and was about to blow anytime, so i just had to come out of the car and face the cops while Hilary was finishing the race. He just won with ease, then second time i was doing the mission successfully managing to escape cops from ramming me, for a moment i thought i would win this time for sure, as i came out from the road where hospital and a washington shopping mall are on side ways, two cop cars from left and right directions came and hit me very hard that i lost control badly because generally the cop cars use their sirens as a warning that they are coming, but those two cop cars didn't blew any sirens for which i would have got alerted and consequently i failed the mission again!!

Please wish me luck as today i am going to do that mission in my Android phone and i know how hard it is to drive a car perfectly on android. :dontgetit: :rampage:

• GTA-Biker likes this

gtafan2u
  • gtafan2u

A friend for all

• Members
  • India

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:46 AM

Really annoying thing you told Cell Tennyson. I also failed many missions because of those aggressive drivers. One time I was just going to win the driver mission when a car struck me hard and my car spinned. Until I again get my car back to position I failed the mission. I chased that car repeatedly struck it and flipped and destroyed that car. Really annoying.
  • Cell Tennyson likes this

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Daily Globe
  • Finland

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:49 PM

Do they really do that? I feel like I never encounter drivers like that... heck, I'd do anything to see that kind of behavior more often. :D

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Insert Title Here

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:38 PM

Yeah they do that and it's really annoying, especially at beginning of the game when you don't have sub machinegun to do a drive-by or you have but with limited ammo, so you have to simply avoid them.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:10 AM Edited by Militia, 08 October 2015 - 12:11 AM.

They only do this on PC/Mobile Versions of SA.  On PS2, they rarely do that, if at all.  More times than not, they get "spooked" and drive away fast, but don't try and ram you.  That's only true to PC and Mobile SA...

Meh, I don't find any of the GTA's bad driving.  The only driving I don't like, which has nothing to do with being aggressive is V due to how lame the driving physics are and how you die so easily flying out of the windshield, etc.

Mobile Controls are really easy...

gtafan2u
  • gtafan2u

A friend for all

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:50 PM

Well the vc aggressive drivers crashes chance in PC is operated using a memory address where the value is 64/100 and the ps2 has 20/100. So that is why in ps2 it rarely occurs. The same for III and SA with different values and scales.

MrAlexVercetti
  • MrAlexVercetti

Loyal VC Player

• Members

Posted 14 October 2015 - 05:11 PM

i do same, bud, i behave like those cops who hide in a bush and as soon as see a crazy driver i chase them and kill. they annoy me alot too. as Cell said sometimes u hit cop car and not get any star. but thats rarely..during publicity tour i always try to drive off the street. on green space. therefore avoiding crazy drivers. lol i assume theyre in a hurry to get somewhere. but we dont give a f*ck about them. hell i dont let any1 drive crazily just like me. whoever does i kill them..cause theres no1 in that city who is NOT vice. just think. why its called Vice City. cause no1 is innocent in that city so is in real life..

Cell Tennyson
  • Cell Tennyson

Co Con Co CONN!!

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:50 PM

Well the vc aggressive drivers crashes chance in PC is operated using a memory address where the value is 64/100 and the ps2 has 20/100. So that is why in ps2 it rarely occurs. The same for III and SA with different values and scales.

ummm whatever maybe!!

i do same, bud, i behave like those cops who hide in a bush and as soon as see a crazy driver i chase them and kill. they annoy me alot too. as Cell said sometimes u hit cop car and not get any star. but thats rarely..during publicity tour i always try to drive off the street. on green space. therefore avoiding crazy drivers. lol i assume theyre in a hurry to get somewhere. but we dont give a f*ck about them. hell i dont let any1 drive crazily just like me. whoever does i kill them..cause theres no1 in that city who is NOT vice. just think. why its called Vice City. cause no1 is innocent in that city so is in real life..

That is what i always do. Now whenever i see anyone driving crazy i just chase em, ram them, and destroy them. I think the City is Tommy Vercetti's so he is the player as well as he is the BOSS!! No one has the right to drive like that but only ME! Tommy Vercetti!!  :evilgrin:  :cool:  :devil: 

• MrAlexVercetti likes this

gtafan2u
  • gtafan2u

A friend for all

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:08 PM Edited by gtafan2u, 18 October 2015 - 04:08 PM.

ummm whatever maybe!!

This is the address- 0x68723B[Byte]

Set it to 0 using cheat engine and forget annoying aggressive drivers. I`m adding better controls of this in my vc utility tool, I will surely share the link here after I upload it in gtagarage. Yeah but after setting the value 0 the game isn`t 100% vanilla any more(note it).

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:14 AM

This is the address- 0x68723B[Byte] Set it to 0 using cheat engine and forget annoying aggressive drivers. I`m adding better controls of this in my vc utility tool, I will surely share the link here after I upload it in gtagarage. Yeah but after setting the value 0 the game isn`t 100% vanilla any more(note it).

Can you share a link to a mod you know that tweaks the VC traffic and drivers on roads similar to how some SA mods improve the vanilla traffic considerably in removing such annoying traffic/npc driver issues out?

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

the chiropractor

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:58 AM

Dumb. Florida. Morons.

He deserves a nice shot with the Wooden Rifle, you get what you give.

gtafan2u
  • gtafan2u

A friend for all

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:20 PM

Can you share a link to a mod you know that tweaks the VC traffic and drivers on roads similar to how some SA mods improve the vanilla traffic considerably in removing such annoying traffic/npc driver issues out?

That tool is under testing, I will upload when all tests are completed. I am now a bit struck at the ped and vechile size editor a bit.

• Osho likes this

gluserty
  • gluserty

GTA enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:53 AM

I agree with LeopardGecko in that 'The Driver' mission adds insult to injury with Hilary not even being the driver to the bank. All that needed to happen was to have a cutscene (similar to the beginning of the game) showing the gang arriving at the spot across from the bank. It sure would give rhyme and reason to that mission, because otherwise it's pointless. I love this game, but I think they really erred with that whole setup.

• GTA-Biker likes this

gtafan2u
  • gtafan2u

A friend for all

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:38 PM

Your post is a bit off topic. Stay in topic.

MrAlexVercetti
  • MrAlexVercetti

Loyal VC Player

• Members

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:23 AM

ok might sound bit noobish but what is NPC btw? 

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

Special Vehicle Collector

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:52 PM

No Player Character; Any character in the game.
  • MrAlexVercetti and Lennart - like this

MrAlexVercetti
  • MrAlexVercetti

Loyal VC Player

• Members

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:22 PM

No Player Character; Any character in the game.

ok thx bud, need to take notes :D

piko
  • piko

100% or nothing

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:45 PM

I was on final level of Pizza Boy in downtown, about to throw a pizza to a customer when boom, an aggressive taxi driver appears and runs over him and I fail the mission. All that time gone to waste because of random sh*t like that  :sui:

MrAlexVercetti
  • MrAlexVercetti

Loyal VC Player

• Members

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:56 PM

ummm whatever maybe!!

This is the address- 0x68723B[Byte]

Set it to 0 using cheat engine and forget annoying aggressive drivers. I`m adding better controls of this in my vc utility tool, I will surely share the link here after I upload it in gtagarage. Yeah but after setting the value 0 the game isn`t 100% vanilla any more(note it).

What u mean by not being vanilla 100% anymore? does it crash more often or? Please explain :)

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

Vanilla game = unmodded game.

The game as you find it when you just installed it from the legal CD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users