Posted 26 January 2003 - 05:52 PM

Vicecity.

superdino
  • superdino

L0V3

• Members

Posted 26 January 2003 - 05:55 PM

Alright, here is my idea:

I love GTA3 and i love VC, but i do like GTA3 more. I know that VC is better in every way, such as gameplay, cars, graphics, etc. but it does not have the same feel GTA3 did. I really don't know how to explain this, but the first time I played GTA3 I had this weird feeling in my stomach/heart (I was in love) :p And I still do every time I play GTA3. However, with VC, I really liked it for like a week, then I beat it, and it got bored, fast. I have only gone through VC 1 time, not even to 100% (Frankly, whoever made the ambulance missions should be shot in the face). I have been through GTA3 at least 10 times, and it is always as fun as the last time. I don't know what it is about VC, maybe the brightness of the city compared to GTA3's gloom, but I truely do like GTA3 better then Vice City. :turn:

y2kcrazyjoker
  • y2kcrazyjoker

Killin' Kevin

• Members

Posted 26 January 2003 - 06:08 PM

Turn off the damn caps.

Half-Life
  • Half-Life

The Ferrari F40, the best car in the world

• Members

Posted 26 January 2003 - 06:10 PM

A perfect match would be VC's story, gameplay, cars and features but with GTA 3's level design.
The elevations on Shoreside Vale in Liberty was amasing.
the only elevations in vice is the golf coruse and the bridges.
And even thought  :r*: said VC's islands were bigger than liberty, it doesn't feel that big.

Vice City's Best Of The Best
  • Vice City's Best Of The Best

VCF Publicity Manager

• Members

Posted 26 January 2003 - 06:43 PM

i would totally say VC becase there so much more you can do in it!!!!!!                     :rah:  :rah:  :rah: VICE CITY  :rah:  :rah:  :rah:

dmoneyfordahoneys
  • dmoneyfordahoneys

afroavenger

• Members

Posted 26 January 2003 - 09:18 PM

ditto to what dino said vice just doesnt got the magic baby

captian_cannabis
  • captian_cannabis

VP's man-whore

• Members

Posted 26 January 2003 - 11:35 PM

I liked GTA3 better because no1 had expierinced what gta3 had befor and when it came out i was just so amazed by it and vice city is better gameplay but i ve seen half the stuff b4

mjtibbs
  • mjtibbs

YAAAAAWWW

• Members

Posted 27 January 2003 - 12:31 AM

i prefer VC, but for some reason i am still drawn to gta3:pc. I dunno why but i much prefer the pc version of gta3 over the ps2 version. but anyway, love em both but VC is better.

Window Licker
  • Window Licker

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 January 2003 - 04:42 AM

Vice city gets a little old after awhile.  Even though there's more to do, it doesn't seem quite as fun.  I agree with the statement about the brightness compared to Liberty City.  I also dislike the lack of big hills in Vice.  Lastly, driving a car is much more fun in gta3.  I still see new stuff when I play gta3 and I've had it on PC for awhile, and PS2 for over a year.  Maybe it's partially because Vice is kind of old hat after you've played gta3 for a year.  I'm kinda looking forward to driver 3.

BTW - The FBI Rancher makes Vice a whole lot more fun to play.  I have at least 5 or 6 in my garages.

-VideoPoker-
  • -VideoPoker-

phugly

• Members

Posted 27 January 2003 - 04:55 AM

I still play both of them...like them equally...

drvice
  • drvice

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2003 - 09:13 AM

Thats like askin...which is better  a old burnt up peice of puss or a new piece of strange.....come on...VICE CITY IS AS GOOD AS SUCKIN HOT BEEOCHES TITTYS

naughty_eran
  • naughty_eran

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2003 - 09:44 PM

i would agree with anybody who liked GTA3 better.

GTA3 had the whole shady feel, a true feeling of danger... like although you got to know that no ped would attack you (unless they were a gang member), you felt like there was always something dangerous around the corner and u had to watch your back. i have completed all the main story missions in vice and i never get any hassle from gangs. i feel i can walk around without being in danger...

in GTA3, there was the whole thing about being the underdog, the way you're pursuing a dream but you're never gona really make it, the way you have to wreak havoc just to stay alive. it also felt like you were always running from something.

whereas in vice its like "hey, ITS THE EIGHTIES!!". its too damn camp...there is no realism, and nothing is gruesome. the environment in gta3 felt like u were in the ghetto... vice feels like u are on holiday... so it just feels like you're not in danger anymore.

vice city makes u feel like u aint the gangsta no more and instead your the boss. and who the f*ck can u rebel against if you're the f*cking boss? even tho ur the boss, you dont really have anything to boss around, so its just a waste of time and gameplay is vacant. like you could just sit inside your f*cking mansion all day and nothing would ever happen. i swear when i run around my mansion in vice, killing all my men in frustration, i feel as though im the has been/shadow of the guy from GTA3. desperately looking for a fight, for someone to kill, and not really enjoying it. wishing that those stupid motherf*ckers hanging around the estate would actually do something when u hit them apart from just fall down after one punch?! in GTA3, the fights came to you... the city came to you, in a hostile way.

i think that rockstar should not have worked so hard to put out vice city. its kind of like when a pop group puts out 2 albums in a year and a well respected singer/songwriter takes 3 year gaps between each. vice was rushed because of its earning potential. damn corporates. i think they should leave it now until GTA4 on the PS3.

guys, just go back and play your GTA3. sure, itll feel weird not to see a bike, and not being able to crouch...but you'll be able to nearly smell liberty city, and the character will become you more than tommy vercetti ever could. it will be an experience, just like the first time you ever played it. :rampage:

Lance_Vance_Dance
  • Lance_Vance_Dance

Valkyr Addict

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2003 - 11:18 PM

I think that Rock* realeased too much a bout vice, we knew everything about it before it came out so all the things werent much of a surprise to us, as compared to gta3, they didnt tell us ne thing, so we were surprised wit everything that came at us, next gta that comes out i will just look at screenshots or may not even, im gonna make sure i dont hear any of it from ne one, i want it to be a mystery to me so i can enjoy it the way i did gta3, and i loved that experience

wilzo9
  • wilzo9

GET RID OF THESE STARS! I DIDN'T DO NUTTIN'

• Members

Posted 31 January 2003 - 06:09 PM

Quote (superdino @ Jan. 26 2003,17:55)
Alright, here is my idea:

I love GTA3 and i love VC, but i do like GTA3 more. I know that VC is better in every way, such as gameplay, cars, graphics, etc. but it does not have the same feel GTA3 did. I really don't know how to explain this, but the first time I played GTA3 I had this weird feeling in my stomach/heart (I was in love) :p And I still do every time I play GTA3. However, with VC, I really liked it for like a week, then I beat it, and it got bored, fast. I have only gone through VC 1 time, not even to 100% (Frankly, whoever made the ambulance missions should be shot in the face). I have been through GTA3 at least 10 times, and it is always as fun as the last time. I don't know what it is about VC, maybe the brightness of the city compared to GTA3's gloom, but I truely do like GTA3 better then Vice City. :turn:

EXCATLY mi opinion. Although i fought, although vice has a lil more sh!t 2 do it gets more boringer

Apocalypse89
  • Apocalypse89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 January 2003 - 06:48 PM

After playing vice for 1 month straight, I popped the old GTA3 disc into the PS2 and tried to compare it to Vice City. My report goes as follows:

The first thing I noticed is the fast loading time. When the game loaded In my Staunton hide out I noticed how the GTA3 guy seemed like a midget compared to the towering Vercetti. So I walk over to the garage and find a cartel cruiser and a lightless taxi inside. I hop into the cruiser and then notice the camera angle is much higher than VC's. I drive around and notice the large amount of peds and cars, and the gloomy atmosphere of Liberty. My first thought is "hey, this isn't so bad" But that was just the calm before the storm. Then As I drive around I find the maze-like roads of liberty were confusing me and frustrating me, and so was the lack of highways like in VC. And also I was ticked off about the fact that gangs were attacking me at ever corner. So then I decide that it's time to let off some steam and fight the law enforcement. So I get out and start shooting. I barely get to 3 stars before I'm killed. Why? because of the sh*t weapons and the fact I only have 100 health and armor. So then I decide it's time for a chase. I go to SSV and grab a stinger from Import/Export and start nailing cops left and right with my Uzi until I have 3 stars. Then I floor it and 3 cruisers are on my tail. As I near Francis International I decide to take shortcut. Soon my stinger is flying through the air from the stupid hills in my way and explodes because I can't bail out. Then I decide to pop in VC again and I'm drowned in GTA goodness once again

To Make a long story short: I like VC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users