The GTA V Story Mode DLC Thread

9,756 replies to this topic
The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Does anyone have any real-time data of Shark Card sales, or at least some very recent data of how fast they're selling? Right now, I want to see GTA Online die a slow, agonizing death, with its body tearing itself apart, and its flesh burning with the pain of a thousand sulfur flames while maggots feast on the rotting flesh that will soon be it's carcass, as leeches savor every last bit of nutrients drained from its red, juicy blood, but that's probably not happening.

Wow, that took a really dark turn.
  • Mister Pink, Journey_95, Darealbandicoot and 2 others like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

As long as it continues to outperform itself year after year, GTAO won't be going anywhere..
  • polaris23 and DeeDogg_ like this

polaris23
  • polaris23

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The saddest thing about gta online is that its not made to last forever and all the countless hours of hard work grinding and investments in micro transactions people put in it will be for nothing. Now with singleplay story dlc, that lasts forever. A lot of people don't seem to realize that.

Not only That, but they're wasting a lot of great potential ideas on Online via adversary modes and freeroam things.

I mean, come GTA6, how will they ever top a game that had the Rocket Voltic, a Ruiner 2000, an Oppressor, the APC, Hydras, Juggernaut armour, businesses that include gunrunning, motorcycle, weed, cocaine, import/export, etc. Yachts, Halloween themed Slasher missions, Stunt Races, Tron inspired minigame etc.

They've pretty much blown their load entirely on GTAV's Online mode, and most of it was sub-par missions at best (I can't stand adversary modes). So what the hell would they do come the next installment without it feeling like its missing something since we had it ALL on GTAO?
The only way I think they could do that is if they go the way of the Saints Row, where they go so over-the-top that they're barely recognizable. Unless they carry everything over from GTA V, the game is going to feel VERY SHALLOW going from V to VI, and that might as well be their downfall.

Yes, exactly. Going from one game that gave you practically everything including the kitchen sink to GTA6 is going to be an odd experience with a strange sense of underwhelmingness.

They simply added TOO MUCH to one game, as if its going to last forever.
  • The Duke Of Nukes likes this

DeeDogg_
  • DeeDogg_

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Im sure they'll announce it any day now!

a-skeleton-at-a-keyboard-with-a-real-mou

Spoiler

• Mastah, Journey_95, The Duke Of Nukes and 1 other like this

OhDee
  • OhDee

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Does anyone have any real-time data of Shark Card sales, or at least some very recent data of how fast they're selling?

Haven't seen anything since last year, but this states they made $700 million as of October 2016, To me, 2016 was when GTAO peaked. We had DLC practically every month, huge improvements like the Bikers and Executive stuff, not to mention the introduction of the stunt races so it was bound to be maxed out because the getting was so good. Plus the game was up and down in the top five in global gaming charts all year, and I'd say that new online players are the most likely to buy shark cards to get ahead. 

There's an article from April 2016 saying they'd made $500 million from micro transactions at that point, so a really rough assumption would be that they'd earned and $200mill extra over 2015 takings in six or seven months but obviously the constant releases impact on that. I seriously doubt they've done as well so far this year, because other than Tiny Racers and now Gunrunning there hasn't been much to really pull people in yet this year. That could explain why Gunrunning is so Goddamn expensive - to help them pull in some revenue in shark card sales because they've put out nothing worth buying six months into 2017. 

I dunno, but I won't be surprised when micro transactions profits are down this year simply because of the lack of new content they've released. I think they're running out of ideas for the online environment, and the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned because it's become less about fun game play and doing something special, and more about doing the bare minimum for the maximum profit.

Any way you slice it, they have more than enough money to be able to make a single player DLC and release it, especially if the rumours are true about it being mostly complete. If they do release one, I doubt it'll be for the love of the game/players/characters etc, it'll probably could be their last shot at pulling back in the old audience and what remains of a new one before RDR2 takes over everything. 

@Polaris @The Duke Of Nukes - I agree with you guys. I don't know what they could do with VI right now. I mean on the in-game tech alone, there was a huge improvement/evolution in the use of cellphones/tablets/social media ect between IV's release and V coming out, but we've kind of stalled a bit on that now and nothing new or revolutionary has really come out and we're four years post-V now, so how much different would VI actually be if it's set in modern times? We'll just be going around a different city with ifruit phones and making references to LifeInvader and Bleeter all over again. There's not much they could do with another modern setting to make it totally different from V, and I just can't see a game set before 2013 being that big of a hit. So I'm really not holding my breath for VI to knock it out of the park, unless it's released in 10+ years and there's some real changes in what tech we all use and therefore what they can put into the game. It's sad because there's still so much they could do with V, especially in single player, but the attention goes to where the money is every time. 

• BurnettVice and The Duke Of Nukes like this

The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by The Duke Of Nukes, 3 weeks ago.

Im sure they'll announce it any day now!

a-skeleton-at-a-keyboard-with-a-real-mou

Spoiler

IT'S COMING!
108atv.jpg
I CAN FEEL IT IN MY SKIN!

• Mastah likes this

The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Does anyone have any real-time data of Shark Card sales, or at least some very recent data of how fast they're selling?

Haven't seen anything since last year, but this states they made $700 million as of October 2016, To me, 2016 was when GTAO peaked. We had DLC practically every month, huge improvements like the Bikers and Executive stuff, not to mention the introduction of the stunt races so it was bound to be maxed out because the getting was so good. Plus the game was up and down in the top five in global gaming charts all year, and I'd say that new online players are the most likely to buy shark cards to get ahead. 

There's an article from April 2016 saying they'd made $500 million from micro transactions at that point, so a really rough assumption would be that they'd earned and $200mill extra over 2015 takings in six or seven months but obviously the constant releases impact on that. I seriously doubt they've done as well so far this year, because other than Tiny Racers and now Gunrunning there hasn't been much to really pull people in yet this year. That could explain why Gunrunning is so Goddamn expensive - to help them pull in some revenue in shark card sales because they've put out nothing worth buying six months into 2017. 

I dunno, but I won't be surprised when micro transactions profits are down this year simply because of the lack of new content they've released. I think they're running out of ideas for the online environment, and the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned because it's become less about fun game play and doing something special, and more about doing the bare minimum for the maximum profit.

Any way you slice it, they have more than enough money to be able to make a single player DLC and release it, especially if the rumours are true about it being mostly complete. If they do release one, I doubt it'll be for the love of the game/players/characters etc, it'll probably could be their last shot at pulling back in the old audience and what remains of a new one before RDR2 takes over everything. 

@Polaris @The Duke Of Nukes - I agree with you guys. I don't know what they could do with VI right now. I mean on the in-game tech alone, there was a huge improvement/evolution in the use of cellphones/tablets/social media ect between IV's release and V coming out, but we've kind of stalled a bit on that now and nothing new or revolutionary has really come out and we're four years post-V now, so how much different would VI actually be if it's set in modern times? We'll just be going around a different city with ifruit phones and making references to LifeInvader and Bleeter all over again. There's not much they could do with another modern setting to make it totally different from V, and I just can't see a game set before 2013 being that big of a hit. So I'm really not holding my breath for VI to knock it out of the park, unless it's released in 10+ years and there's some real changes in what tech we all use and therefore what they can put into the game. It's sad because there's still so much they could do with V, especially in single player, but the attention goes to where the money is every time. 

I'm interested in how well the Shark Cards are selling this year, because if Shark Card sales are decreasing in even the slightest, it could help them re-focus on single player, or make them release more updates for Online that include such ridiculous prices that players (hopefully) get tired of this nonsense and stop buying Shark Cards (or playing Online). I want to know 2017 alone, since that's recent data and therefore, the most relevant.

I see nothing but disappointment for GTA VI, especially since people (already) are hyping up for the next game (which will probably be for next-gen) to be released, and are already speculating about the details of it. The combination of micro-transactions, people still buying GTA V and Shark Cards, the excessive content being released on GTA Online, premature hype for the next GTA, and the astronomically high and unrealistic expectations from the fans, investors, and the company itself is not very healthy for the franchise, and will only lead to its downfall. It is highly unlikely that GTA VI (or RDR 2) will be sold at such astronomical numbers as GTA V, since it sold over multiple generations (and PC), and was built up over ages since it's release date. It's a no-win situation, if GTA VI is to release with just the amount of content that GTA V started with (less than GTA V has now), even if content is built up over time like GTA V has, then players will feel as if something is missing, as if there's an empty void that's impossible to fill, and that it feels like less than the last game, especially if we have all of the unrealistic expectations we have now (which will most likely skyrocket once more hype is built up). If the game releases with the same, or more content that we have now with GTA V, the game will start to stale, the developers will start to run out of ideas to add into the game, players will start to feel like there's a void of satisfaction, and the game's lifespan is significantly shortened. Even if they do come up with new ideas, it would feel like it still could had been done with GTA V, and they will eventually start to resort to making wacky DLC, and make some questionable additions, such as human trafficking, it won't be long before the get to be called a Saints Row knockoff. In both cases, criticisms will arise, reviews will fall (albeit a little), sales will fall, investors will be unsatisfied, the company will be confused, and the fans will be disappointed.

I know that Rockstar said that they won't be releasing a new game every year so their franchises won't stagnate, but with the way they're going about it, they won't have to for them to stagnate.

polaris23
  • polaris23

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by polaris23, 2 weeks ago.

I agree. Part of V's success was how much of a cultural difference there was between it and IV, along with our own real world they can parody.

VI has to come much later in order to really bring something new and fresh to the table.

But even then, I'm still worried that it'll feel like something is missing (or a lot) since R* gave us SO MUCH in GTAO.

Tonesta
  • Tonesta

Rat

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yes, exactly. Going from one game that gave you practically everything including the kitchen sink to GTA6 is going to be an odd experience with a strange sense of underwhelmingness.

They simply added TOO MUCH to one game, as if its going to last forever.

Surely, though, you could argue that Rockstar have already been through this once before, when they went from GTA:SA to IV?

There they went from this huge state with three cities, and (for its time) an insane variety of missions and side missions to a much more straightforward gaming experience. IV had far less to it than GTA:SA, but it sold in roughly similar numbers.

Of course IV stepped up the graphics and level of detail by a couple of orders of magnitude (as well as, more subjectively, the quality of the storyline). And VI will likely have to make some sort of similar step up in gameplay.

But I don't think it will have to have the same variety as GTA:O does in 2017 to be a success at the outset.

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I just realized the Mobile Operations Center is likely a testbed for drivable UFOs in the final update. I'm not even joking. There's no way they developed that "dynamic" interior tech for just one truck.
  • B Dawg, BurnettVice and Darkshadows like this

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

A Traveler of Both Time and Space.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Edward Nashton, 2 weeks ago.

^ Why not throw in the jetpack too, as a final "f*ck you" to single player? In for a penny, in for a pound, right?

At this point, severe fan backlash is the only thing that might make R* turn around. GTA V is a lost cause, RDR 2 might be as well - but if we want GTA VI to even have a chance at being a rich and balanced game and not one-sided like V, R* will need to be humbled. Making money is one thing, but they've always prided themselves in having a loyal fanbase and being critical darlings. Once they lose that, they'll be the very thing they mocked in GTA V; Call of Duty.

This is probably a long shot, but I'll say it anyway and hopefully enough people repeat this: Now is the time to seize on the urban open world crime genre, If there are any developers out there that think they could match what GTA use to be and even add the depth and qualities of other open world games, I'll support you 100%

GTA is dead. It's time for another to take it's place.

• B Dawg, D T, Killerman29 and 3 others like this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think it's already on its way and it will be..... Everywhere. Unless that turns out to be gta online 2.0 that is.
  • CartmanKusanagi, Edward Nashton and Brian_O_Malley like this

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm excited about Everywhere but I need to see or hear more.
  • CartmanKusanagi likes this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

One of Leslie Benzies' new projects is actually named: Time for a New World :lol:

• Killerman29, Edward Nashton and Brian_O_Malley like this

ReadyerrNot
  • ReadyerrNot

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

One of Leslie Benzies' new projects is actually named: Time for a New World :lol:

Go on...

Deviant666
  • Deviant666

F The World

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I actually unsubscribed to rockstars utube channel because it's nothing but new fkn online content. Online content would be so fun to use in the main story.

• FATMANYOU2, Cutter De Blanc, CartmanKusanagi and 2 others like this

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

I actually unsubscribed to rockstars utube channel because it's nothing but new fkn online content. Online content would be so fun to use in the main story.

I did the same. I'm so disappointed with Rockstar. I'm not trying to be whiny, but they truly left their roots. It was always about the story, now the "Shark attack".
  • Killerman29, CartmanKusanagi and Brian_O_Malley like this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Long Live Tupac Shakur. Legends Never Die.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I did the same. I'm so disappointed with Rockstar. I'm not trying to be whiny, but they truly left their roots. It was always about the story, now the "Shark attack".
Lol. I was never subscribed to them in the first place. All they ever did for V was post stupid online sh*t which i never gave any f*cks about.
  • Killerman29 and theGTAking101 like this

chayter76
  • chayter76

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if an expansion DLC appeared once the The Benz/Rockstar court case has concluded.  No way they'll release anything if a percentage of royalties have to be given up.

• theGTAking101 likes this

WELSH_BOI_99
  • WELSH_BOI_99

Yare Yare Daze

• Members
  • Wales

Posted A week ago

Online pretty much killed the Single Player DLC unfortunately. Plus I can tell that they had exciting plans for it. Such as a Jetpack and UFO conspiring revolving around single player.

Along with shark cards (f*ck those things. Everything in GTA Online requires money and it shows. Every new update always have outrageous prices for the items)
  • FATMANYOU2, Killerman29 and theGTAking101 like this

darkluminous
  • darkluminous

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Check this out!!! Skip to 1:26!!

Cyb0rgNinjaFox
  • Cyb0rgNinjaFox

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 6 days ago

That interview came out in 2014.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Long Live Tupac Shakur. Legends Never Die.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

https://www.youtube....ONJjBpc8&t=118s

Ha, lmao :lol:

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

A Traveler of Both Time and Space.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Edward Nashton, 4 days ago.

<snip>

It's literally in the first post on this thread. God, Shawn looks like such a fool now - it's not his fault that the DLC never came out, but he could have exercised a little discretion instead of blabbing all over the place about that awesome story mode DLC that R* refused to acknowledge after that one vague reference they made almost a year before that interview.

Yeah, I'm betting this is the last time R* will allow voice actors to know about any of their future plans for their games, or even allow them to know what game they're recording for.

The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

Have you guys heard the news about it being "confirmed" that there's absolutely no chance of SP DLC coming. They say it's from an inside source, but I'm not sure, it might as well be taken from the forums, so I'm not sure about the credibility of the articles (especially since nothing has been confirmed by Rockstar). It's not very hard to find, just look up "GTA" and you'll find it in the news section pretty quickly (at the time of this writing). What do you guys think?

OhDee
  • OhDee

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 hours ago

Have you guys heard the news about it being "confirmed" that there's absolutely no chance of SP DLC coming. They say it's from an inside source, but I'm not sure, it might as well be taken from the forums, so I'm not sure about the credibility of the articles (especially since nothing has been confirmed by Rockstar). It's not very hard to find, just look up "GTA" and you'll find it in the news section pretty quickly (at the time of this writing). What do you guys think?

The article is just clickbait that says nothing new or official. I also love how they say the claim came from someone who "used to work in Rockstar DLC"....Used to - how long ago exactly? Because things change all the time. I think we'd all do well to wait for Rockstars official word on the matter before taking some "he said/she said" crap as read. 

The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 hours ago

The article is just clickbait that says nothing new or official. I also love how they say the claim came from someone who "used to work in Rockstar DLC"....Used to - how long ago exactly? Because things change all the time. I think we'd all do well to wait for Rockstars official word on the matter before taking some "he said/she said" crap as read. 
Yeah, that's what I thought.

.Smaher.
  • .Smaher.

Mr. Triangle Man

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 hours ago

<snip>

He could have exercised a little discretion instead of blabbing all over the place about that awesome story mode DLC that R* refused to acknowledge after that one vague reference they made almost a year before that interview.

??? If he wasn't allowed to talk about it, he wouldn't have said anything about it at all.

Bakamomo
  • Bakamomo

Country Fried

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 hours ago Edited by Bakamomo, 10 hours ago.

Anyone got a bearing about why Fonteno's Instagram went private?

The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 8 hours ago Edited by The Duke Of Nukes, 8 hours ago.

Anyone got a bearing about why Fonteno's Instagram went private?

Hmm...

The plot thickens???

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users