The GTA V Story Mode DLC Thread

9,756 replies to this topic
Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:30 PM

Story DLC is not Part of Rockstar's Plans for GTA V let it die people.

So basically we should just forget about it and let it die. While GTA Online has seen itself receiving a slew of updates since its launch, Grand Theft Auto V and its single-player story has had nothing, despite mention of "substantial" story DLC touted for 2014. Clearly, that didn't materialise and that's not set to change, as Rockstar has stated it's simply not on the cards, as the team has completely shifted its focus to providing content for GTA Online.

So we should ignore the "Right Now" in the sentence?

All I know is...when the game came out on PS3 everyone (including myself) but a select few said, "No way are they making this for "next gen". And those that believed it would had far less confirmation of that happening than what we have for SP DLC. Rockstar is fully capable of walking and chewing bubblegum at the same time. Which is to say...they can work on many projects at once regardless of prioritizing one over another.

They've said they're working on it. One of the main actor's has said they're back in the studio. So until Rockstar unequivocally states..."No SP DLC, I'm just going to assume it's being worked on.
  • Choco Taco, cremefraiche, UltraGizmo64 and 4 others like this

omenofdeath957
  • omenofdeath957

Player Hater

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:48 PM

He realized the mistake he made a long-long time ago. Can't you just be happy for me?I finally have a father lol. Jokes aside,I think R* is going to wait until the online gamers loses interest and then they're going to release something. Don't know if it's going to be the SP dlc,but they're going to release something(that has to do with V) to lure fans back

Summertime
  • Summertime

ExTRAZZ

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:44 PM Edited by Summertime, 16 September 2015 - 08:00 PM.

Okey people please loose interest in gta online now. So we can get the sp dlc sooner. :colgate:

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:59 PM

"Right now our focus is on GTA Online which has exceeded our expectations, Rockstar's Design Director Imran Sarwar told IGN when quizzed about the possibility of solo story content. We currently have all key members of the team that launched Grand Theft Auto V focused on supporting GTA Online in every capacity."

More here: http://www.playstati....r-s-Plans.html

So basically we should just forget about it and let it die. While GTA Online has seen itself receiving a slew of updates since its launch, Grand Theft Auto V and its single-player story has had nothing, despite mention of "substantial" story DLC touted for 2014. Clearly, that didn't materialise and that's not set to change, as Rockstar has stated it's simply not on the cards, as the team has completely shifted its focus to providing content for GTA Online.

If the DLC was killed. Then this week the answer was given when they said they will no longer put out content for last gen systems.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:18 PM Edited by darkdayz, 16 September 2015 - 10:19 PM.

I'm remaining optimistic about the whole thing.

Firstly, if there turns out to be no DLC - eventually there will be a new game. GTA Online can only progress so far, then they'll need a new map. And Rockstar will only make a map if they can populate it with story and character.

They have purely said all of their support right now is on GTA Online, who's to say they haven't prior to that interview created 90% of a DLC. Or that they won't dedicate some of the team to it? Or, if another outlet of Rockstar (San Diego, NY) are working on the DLC. PLUS they said that the whole North team are SUPPORTING GTA Online. They haven't said anything about them not working on new things at the same time.

On top of all that Voice actors have confirmed it's in development. Actors cost money, and considering Franklin does not appear in GTA Online as a voice actor, it's safe to say that's for SP DLC. They wouldn't pay actors for lines and then scrap the project. No way in hell.

• MythAlex, Hugo_Agante and Spurs_Nation28 like this

Majewski79
  • Majewski79

Life ain't sh*t but a fat vagina

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:59 PM

RIP SP

da_guuch
  • da_guuch

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:57 AM

He realized the mistake he made a long-long time ago. Can't you just be happy for me?I finally have a father lol. Jokes aside,I think R* is going to wait until the online gamers loses interest and then they're going to release something. Don't know if it's going to be the SP dlc,but they're going to release something(that has to do with V) to lure fans back

I agree. Once online dies(slow and painfully I hope) we'll probably get a dlc. At this point I'm more looking forward to RDR 2. #f*ckgtao get it trending
  • anthony and Majewski79 like this

Vinewood Villain
  • Vinewood Villain

Red Dead III in the making

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:24 AM

CVG claims Rockstar acknowledged the story DLC as a "thing", but they weren't sure if there was a visible timeline it would release in.

Watch the last min or so of the video:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=j8YMOKJlcxs

This gives me some hope in the story DLC's existence. You can tell that Rockstar isn't passionate with it though, it seems it's been in the back of their mind the whole time while online has been the top priority.
  • Roger Cheeto, MythAlex, Metalz and 1 other like this

anthony
  • anthony

Welcome to Burger Shots mother f*ckeeeer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:39 AM

The most disapointing thing, (and as always with R*) its the non-communication, that the thing that most of the fan really dont like, and now this is too much, to me.

• Choco Taco, cremefraiche, UltraGizmo64 and 4 others like this

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

🔺

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:53 AM

The most disapointing thing, (and as always with R*) its the non-communication, that the thing that most of the fan really dont like, and now this is too much, to me.

They just like to keep hype up and surprise people. It worked with V.
  • CanOdope likes this

anthony
  • anthony

Welcome to Burger Shots mother f*ckeeeer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:56 AM Edited by cry_wolf, 17 September 2015 - 10:59 AM.

But the problem is this time their last GTA is so annoying that we cant simply wait or take the hit and accept their deplorable communication as before because we have nothing to do, to explore, to enjoy. This is not like any previous GTA games.

FranklinsIron
  • FranklinsIron

TWR: Ryanssh*tPit

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:02 PM

"Right now our focus is on GTA Online which has exceeded our expectations, Rockstar's Design Director Imran Sarwar told IGN when quizzed about the possibility of solo story content. We currently have all key members of the team that launched Grand Theft Auto V focused on supporting GTA Online in every capacity."

If the DLC was killed. Then this week the answer was given when they said they will no longer put out content for last gen systems.

Regardless if they continued to give updates to last ten, there is no way in hell I ever thought they'd release GtA DLC story for last gen.. That means they have to basically make that version, then make a whole new version for Current gen.. Can't see them investing so much, especially when CG is slowly going down in price and more and more people than ever is transferring over from LG..

* this is my opinion on the matter, doesn't mean I agree with it, just what I believe what will happen and why. Regardless of console, you buy a game, it should have especially story content, the same as CG/PC but I know that's not the case, especially with a Rockstar and how they are. I understand their reasons as to why, but don't agree.. Not everyone can afford 400 pounds/700 dollars for a console not including games.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:19 PM

Rockstar proved they are a bunch of bloody sell outs, as predicted.
All due to the garbage Online. GTA Series is done. V sucks!
  • Killerman29, MythAlex, Scaglietti and 3 others like this

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:04 PM

They could have easily started it, payed actors and then scrapped it, or put it on hold, whatever. The launch problems with Online will have ruled out the DLC for 2014, and 2015 has become far too online focused for them to mention it.

2 years later and nothing but GTA Online (which is still a mess). Where is Agent?
  • anthony likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

It worked with V but that's it. The wait for heists info was such a drag and when it came, it was an indifferent feeling. Kind of just like "Finally" and that's it. Waiting is good and all but they've started dragging it out abd that ruins it. It doesn't keep people hyped after a certain point. Waiting for V as long as we did was different. We were waiting for an ENTIRE game. Now it's just some little DLC. I waited a year and a half for V (boarded the hype train in May 2012) and it was fun. I've been waiting on SP DLC for almost two years and it's such a drag that I barely even care anymore. My hope is gone. If they announced that SP DLC was never coming right now, I'd feel a little more disrespectful towards them but that is it.
  • The Green Sabre likes this

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:50 PM

There is no hype. 

Also, it really didn't work with V. There would have been more hype and V would have sold just as well if not better if they had communicated more with their fans.

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:35 AM

First Story Mode DLC trailer, very, very soon. Be cool, be happy, be yourself.

• theGTAking101 and FriendlyFireOFF like this

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:37 AM

As Tony Montana said it best, as a man all I have is my word and my balls, looks like R* doesn't.
  • anthony likes this

FriendlyFireOFF
  • FriendlyFireOFF

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:33 AM

First Story Mode DLC trailer, very, very soon. Be cool, be happy, be yourself.

:beerhat: :beerhat: :beerhat: :beerhat: :beerhat: :beerhat:

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:33 PM Edited by John The Grudge, 18 September 2015 - 12:34 PM.

As far as I'm aware nobody has been able to explain the Observatory lights or the spider webs or the Chilliad mural.  The cynic in me thinks they're meaningless obscurities put there to fuel online discussion.  There remains the possibility, however, that they hint to something yet to be discovered within the game or they relate to a future expansion.  Does anybody know if Rockstar have been directly asked in interviews about any of these things?  It seems to me that Rockstar only take part in interviews to the extent that it allows them to promote things.  Whenever they're asked about something else they clam up.

Note:  I'm aware that some have claimed the mural refers to the protagonists but that's a fairly dim witted and childish interpretation.

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:34 PM

Rockstar proved they are a bunch of bloody sell outs, as predicted.
All due to the garbage Online. GTA Series is done. V sucks!

thumb.jpg

• UltraGizmo64, slimeball supreme, Frito-Man and 1 other like this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:38 PM

Regardless if they continued to give updates to last ten, there is no way in hell I ever thought they'd release GtA DLC story for last gen.. That means they have to basically make that version, then make a whole new version for Current gen.. Can't see them investing so much, especially when CG is slowly going down in price and more and more people than ever is transferring over from LG..

* this is my opinion on the matter, doesn't mean I agree with it, just what I believe what will happen and why. Regardless of console, you buy a game, it should have especially story content, the same as CG/PC but I know that's not the case, especially with a Rockstar and how they are. I understand their reasons as to why, but don't agree.. Not everyone can afford 400 pounds/700 dollars for a console not including games.

the problem is they wanted their cake and to eat it too. which is why heist took forever and no sp dlc. GTAV should've stayed on last gen only and pc. when they brought it to ps4 and xbox1, it created a disaster.

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:00 PM

I've pointed this out in the last thread:

GTA V for PS4/XB1 currently sells for full price, $60.

This is am important fact. Why? Because it tells you there's enough interest in this property to continue to sell it at FULL price.

When the sales begin to lag and they lower the price of a new copy, then you'll see the chance of an SP expansion or, perhaps (and a distant perhaps) of a full expansion with new terrirtory for SP and GTAO.

Now, with that all said, I suspect that SP expansion may actually be dead. GTAO is huge, it's a constant money maker and it's become the primary focus of this game (whether you like it or not). I think that the tremendous success of the Hists Update may have utterly changed the tone of their roadmap for GTA.

I would think we're far more likely to see the next big expansion being akin to GTAO's Hists Update. A fully designed and scripted mini-campaign that uses your online characters instead of SP.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:07 PM

It will be pretty screwed up if they release DLC for current-gen only considering they said we'd get DLC months before they announced the game would come to current-gen.

RJX74
  • RJX74

United We Stand; Together, We Fall

• Members

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:35 PM Edited by RJX74, 18 September 2015 - 07:38 PM.

I hope it's big considering it most likely went from being released on all five systems to just the 8thgen consoles. Specifically hoping for a map expansion (not necessarily SF/LV). As a last gen player I'll be slightly displeased if it were a DLC that would have worked on last gen. (a la heists)

@ChocoTaco I do believe we're not getting the DLC as originally intended. The IGG2 update was the last one that couldn't compromise the integrity of the game. I won't be too mad if they use this oppurtunity to make a substantial dlc.

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:43 PM

It will be pretty screwed up if they release DLC for current-gen only considering they said we'd get DLC months before they announced the game would come to current-gen.

But if It would but would it surprise you? Look at konami they're out the console game biz, Ea is.....ea and with R* latest shift tells me otherwise. And if they do I will buy it 1st day as any GTA related thing, exception of portable games.

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:21 PM Edited by Nem_Wan, 19 September 2015 - 10:22 PM.

CVG claims Rockstar acknowledged the story DLC as a "thing", but they weren't sure if there was a visible timeline it would release in.

Watch the last min or so of the video:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=j8YMOKJlcxs

This gives me some hope in the story DLC's existence. You can tell that Rockstar isn't passionate with it though, it seems it's been in the back of their mind the whole time while online has been the top priority.

It clearly is a thing. Rockstar announced it in 2013. There was probably a lot of work done on it before they said anything about it, because they don't typically reveal projects until they're far enough along to be a thing. The question is what happened to it.

My assumption has always been the Story Mode DLC would be a paid product. Its success, despite their negative comments about some of the business circumstances of the GTA IV DLC, was a good bet based on the huge install base of 360/PS3 GTAV — which was the current generation when this DLC was announced.

Clearly plans changed as Heists development dragged on and the enhanced version of the game took center stage. And now they've made this statement basically dismissing anymore Online multiplayer for last-gen and saying not to hold our breath for the Story DLC.

Technically, Story Mode DLC needn't face the memory limitations that prevent more Online DLC for last-gen. This is because, if it takes a similar form as GTA IV and RDR DLC, Story Mode DLC offers a replacement Story Mode that loads instead of the vanilla Story Mode when you select it. Online DLC can run out of memory, on the other hand, because it's additions are cumulative and players potentially load items from all DLCs in a session. In Story Mode DLC, Rockstar can remove things featured in vanilla Story Mode to make room for things experienced only in the DLC Story.

Practically, Rockstar making the statements they've made has strongly discouraged anyone on last-gen to expect any more content. This erodes the potential install base for Story Mode DLC. Rockstar basically kissed those sales goodbye by not getting it done in 2014 or 2015. Current gen is less than half as many people as last-gen at its peak. The economics of Story Mode DLC are less appealing if it doesn't release on all platforms. Current-gen has to grow to get those numbers back up, but current-gen GTAV will never be as big as last-gen because it's a re-release.

RJX74
  • RJX74

United We Stand; Together, We Fall

• Members

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:39 PM Edited by RJX74, 19 September 2015 - 11:43 PM.

Re-reading that article

"Every key member of the team that launched Grand Theft Auto V has worked on every aspect of GTA Online, from all content through Heists, and now to these latest updates. This comes from our initial approach to GTA Online – we wanted to create an experience that was equal in quality and detail to the efforts we had made in our single player games, and we believed players could have both without sacrificing one over the other. GTA Online has proven too interesting and too important to be separate from the main mission of the entire team."

Hmmpf. 

What's everyone's opinion on an external Rockstar Team taking over online?

Majewski79
  • Majewski79

Life ain't sh*t but a fat vagina

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:01 AM

I would love if they spent a ton of money on dlc and it tanked. Teach them a lesson! Haha

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:00 AM

Re-reading that article

"Every key member of the team that launched Grand Theft Auto V has worked on every aspect of GTA Online, from all content through Heists, and now to these latest updates. This comes from our initial approach to GTA Online – we wanted to create an experience that was equal in quality and detail to the efforts we had made in our single player games, and we believed players could have both without sacrificing one over the other. GTA Online has proven too interesting and too important to be separate from the main mission of the entire team."

Hmmpf. 

What's everyone's opinion on an external Rockstar Team taking over online?
They really are off their rockers. This company is becoming kind of a bit of a joke.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users