Photo

The GTA V Story Mode DLC Speculation Thread

10,417 replies to this topic
Brian_O_Malley
  • Brian_O_Malley

"I made that fool drink piss."

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Brian_O_Malley, 6 days ago.

Oh hey, look at all that reused content from the SP DLC in the new Doomsday GTAO update.

Just so they can make extra Sharkcard sales

ac9bh4.jpg

• assCRACK_98, theGTAking101, NoSignaL_ and 2 others like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 6 days ago

Abligatory f*ck cockstar comment.

• CartmanKusanagi, theGTAking101 and DangerZ0neX like this

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

A little Hoagy Carmichael

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I don't even recognize this company or series anymore.

• Official General, CartmanKusanagi, assCRACK_98 and 3 others like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by cp1dell, 6 days ago.

What a f*cking joke.

EDIT: Hope this blatant recycling of SP DLC is what starts pushing people to port over GTAO to SP. I'd much rather do these heists and missions in SP and its' lively world.
  • CartmanKusanagi and theGTAking101 like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 6 days ago

Why do GTA V and GTA Online fans demand sh*t like this? Why don't you want some proper mafia / gang / heists related story? Failure.

• Algonquin Assassin, CartmanKusanagi and theGTAking101 like this

Dangerous and sad
  • Dangerous and sad

"The crow no longer sings to me"

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 6 days ago

This is such bullsh*t. I don't even even know what to sag. At this sage all I'm hoping for is a save editor at this stage. I'm not touching this f*cking game otherwise.
  • CartmanKusanagi likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 6 days ago

Yet another bullsh*t Online DLC, f*ck Rockstar

• CartmanKusanagi, gtafaninwest and Dangerous and sad like this

Bakamomo
  • Bakamomo

Country Fried

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Bakamomo, 6 days ago.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

(The upside is that the thing looks corny as sh*t.)

killso
  • killso

When this baby hits 88Mph you're gonna see some serious sh*t

• Members
  • France

Posted 6 days ago

Too bad sp dlc is canceled, because of modders / hackers my gta online experience everytime ended with frustration.

Mines ends with frustration because of how hard it is to get the money, and how it is boring when you're alone.

TheFranchise
  • TheFranchise

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

This should do it. Time to shut down the thread.

Zenar
  • Zenar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 6 days ago

Too bad sp dlc is canceled, because of modders / hackers my gta online experience everytime ended with frustration.

Mines ends with frustration because of how hard it is to get the money, and how it is boring when you're alone.

That's why i installed sh*tload of mods to expend my single player experience. I couldn't stand online and that's what I recommend.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Why do GTA V and GTA Online fans demand sh*t like this? Why don't you want some proper mafia / gang / heists related story? Failure.

Because people who like V/Online are idiots and do not have any taste in a crime story, only dumb sh*t. It's good that we, GTA IV fans, intellectually minded people, know better and know what's good and what's bad and reign supreme.

/s
  • Tycek and Brian_O_Malley like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

First reaction is mild disgust and disappointment, second is amusement as I do happen to play GTAO often (go ahead, fookin fight me), third is hoping they at least left the alien stuff in. That floor mural for the CEO office custom shop had to be what was originally inside of Chilled. It may have been a render and not a modeled, finished interior, but Ash's leak pretty much confirmed it a ways back. I want my Independence Day style battle with evil aliens!

Wasnt there also cut lines of code for damn moonbase I irc?! I want my ayys and moonbase R*... seriously, the original idea was probably butcher to sh*t to accommodate for "recurrent customer spending" as old Strauss Buttlick likes to refer to it. My ultimate opinion is that this definitely would have been better as a paid SP DLC, but I am ultimately happy I'll get to see so aspects of it in playable form instead of it being cancelled totally..
  • SkylineGTRFreak likes this

rockfordhills
  • rockfordhills

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by rockfordhills, 5 days ago.

If I'm not mistaken they said they would keep updating Online for the forseeable future, right? So what exactly do they have planned beyond this because is there really much else they can do now the jetpack is coming out? Seems like that's all most people were hanging in there for. It's also hilarious to me that they release this DLC now after the game started consistently dropping out of the sales charts for the first time since release.

At this point I think Online is in its death throws, because once the hype over the jetpack dies down there's nowhere to go and 2018 is going to be a huge year for games that will eclipse this sh*t until they do something out of left field like... put the story characters in online heists... because I have a feeling people will come back for that and it'd allow Rockstar to milk the last few coins they can out of folks before the final nail is in V's coffin.

Bootmannz
  • Bootmannz

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 5 days ago

First reaction is mild disgust and disappointment, second is amusement as I do happen to play GTAO often (go ahead, fookin fight me), third is hoping they at least left the alien stuff in. That floor mural for the CEO office custom shop had to be what was originally inside of Chilled. It may have been a render and not a modeled, finished interior, but Ash's leak pretty much confirmed it a ways back. I want my Independence Day style battle with evil aliens!

Wasnt there also cut lines of code for damn moonbase I irc?! I want my ayys and moonbase R*... seriously, the original idea was probably butcher to sh*t to accommodate for "recurrent customer spending" as old Strauss Buttlick likes to refer to it. My ultimate opinion is that this definitely would have been better as a paid SP DLC, but I am ultimately happy I'll get to see so aspects of it in playable form instead of it being cancelled totally..

You'd think they would include aliens in the DLC that looks like it was originally the speculated Alien Invasion DLC, although they didn't seem to imply that at all in the trailer. But seeing as how they've been adding easter egg stuff in the updates (crashed alien ship as gun running mission) maybe we'll see some small inclusion of the aliens there?

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Closest we will ever get to the Alien War dlc in single player im afraid( also a mod that somehow ports the doomsday heist to single player that replaces online characters with Michael Franklin Trevor and Lamar) :(

P2FX
  • P2FX

I ain't no hipster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Congratulations on GTA 5 turning into Righteous Slaughter 7 and Rockstar Games turning into Misfire Games!

• B Dawg, ToyGT_one, theGTAking101 and 4 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 5 days ago

I just find it so ironic it’s called Doomsday.

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Darealbandicoot, 5 days ago.

Oh hey, look at all that reused content from the SP DLC in the new Doomsday GTAO update.

Just so they can make extra Sharkcard sales
ac9bh4.jpg
2d1jqyc.gif Join the club. 😞
  • ClaudeSpeed1911, theGTAking101 and Brian_O_Malley like this

Devdevi45
  • Devdevi45

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Our only hope left is A map expansion for the 10 year anniversary in April

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 5 days ago

Shame to see them still not bring any DLC to SP. I'm guessing it'll never happen at this point, what with RDR2 on the way & Online being their source of income. Least they could do is add the Jetpack in SP, but of course we are not allowed to have fun without grinding our asses off first.

I do enjoy Online on occasion, but my heart will always be with the core game. There's still so many stories that could be told spinning off from GTA V's story. At least the Heists sort of do this, but it's still not the same. We were definitely spoiled getting Lost & Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony back then, we'd never get DLCs of that content anymore. I'd happily pay for DLC's for SP. Still a source of income there with Paid DLC, but the Sharkcard sales is just too easy for them.

• icecoldkilla1467 likes this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

GET OFF MY BACK GERALD. PISS OFF AND TAKE THIS L

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by GTA_The_Series, 5 days ago.

Shame to see them still not bring any DLC to SP. I'm guessing it'll never happen at this point,

R* already confirmed this a while back. There will be nothing involved with the SP because the idiots at R* scraped out the entire project. This was because their main focus was obviously to continue working on trash GtaO. F*cking idiots.
  • Official General, gtafaninwest and Brian_O_Malley like this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

Shame to see them still not bring any DLC to SP. I'm guessing it'll never happen at this point, what with RDR2 on the way & Online being their source of income. Least they could do is add the Jetpack in SP, but of course we are not allowed to have fun without grinding our asses off first.

I do enjoy Online on occasion, but my heart will always be with the core game. There's still so many stories that could be told spinning off from GTA V's story. At least the Heists sort of do this, but it's still not the same. We were definitely spoiled getting Lost & Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony back then, we'd never get DLCs of that content anymore. I'd happily pay for DLC's for SP. Still a source of income there with Paid DLC, but the Sharkcard sales is just too easy for them.

The gta online heists were literally SP DLC content from the Agent dlc reused as set up missions. That cutscene at the end of series A was a part of that same Agent dlc. The Halloween dlc used assets from the zombie dlc like the cars and now we are getting a butchered alien war dlc mixed with some of the Agent dlc but OH HO HO Imran Sarwar says single player dlc was never planned or worked on. They could have easily turned this into a single player expansion. If gta v doesn't have enough memory left then WTF is this?! I guess the leaks about single player dlc being worked on were true, just that the work is butchering it to fit into the garbage that is gta online. 😠

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

Shame to see them still not bring any DLC to SP. I'm guessing it'll never happen at this point,

R* already confirmed this a while back. There will be nothing involved with the SP because the idiots at R* scraped out the entire project. This was because their main focus was obviously to continue working on trash GtaO. F*cking idiots.
The thing is, single player dlc was instead butchered into online content. It was never really scrapped, just that online heists were a clusterfu*k and instead of thinking up original ideas they sped things along by taking story dlc missions and making them into online content.
  • Journey_95 and GTA_The_Series like this

Zenar
  • Zenar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Zenar, 4 days ago.

I always wanted a Lamar DLC, using Director Mode or Trainers i sometimes roleplay as Lamar and kill sh*tload of Ballas.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

The thing is, single player dlc was instead butchered into online content. It was never really scrapped, just that online heists were a clusterfu*k and instead of thinking up original ideas they sped things along by taking story dlc missions and making them into online content.
I'm pretty sure this is why Heists took so long to come in the first place, they were planned from the beginning but when Rockstar cancelled story DLC they reworked it into a newer version of Heists. This explains why a lot of Heists/setups were cut, and also remember that interview with Leslie where he said Heists would be freeroam events and other players could intercept them? That ended up being completely changed but they used that idea as a basis for CEO/MC missions.

gtafaninwest
  • gtafaninwest

Trick

• Members

Posted 4 days ago

This latest DLC is where my respect for Cockstar has hit rock bottom. GTA V had so much potential, but instead this crap Online gets all the attention. Online is becoming less canon to the HD Universe.

• Official General, Darealbandicoot, GTA_The_Series and 1 other like this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

GET OFF MY BACK GERALD. PISS OFF AND TAKE THIS L

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago Edited by GTA_The_Series, 4 days ago.

This latest DLC is where my respect for Cockstar has hit rock bottom. GTA V had so much potential, but instead this crap Online gets all the attention. Online is becoming less canon to the HD Universe.

Agreed. Gta IV was probably the last gta treated with respect and accomplishment with what R* crated. They offered and additional two other grate DLC's that continued IV's story which was amazing. Loved all three gta's came together and told each protagonist story.

GTA V on the other hand......:facedesk:
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

I don't even recognize this company or series anymore.

You have completely summed up my feelings about Rockstar and the current state of the GTA series with this one line. 

• cp1dell, Edward Nashton and GTA_The_Series like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 days ago

I think that Doomsday DLC is the last one, and I think (and hope so) that it's the over of Grand Theft Auto V. Time to move on. GTA VI? Or Online 2.0?

• Deadman2112 and BurnettVice like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users