The GTA V Story Mode DLC Speculation Thread

10,150 replies to this topic
vladutz8
  • vladutz8

Player Hater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:33 AM

i've lost hope a while back...it's gone to the land of unicorns next to Half Life 2-Episone 3

Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

My theory is that they probably started working on the DLC concepts, but then they saw how many idiots were buying enough Shark Cards to sustain their whole company and thought to theirselves:

"Hey, why should we spent millions of dollars on a Story DLC, along with hundreds of man hours, in a game that has been build with an outdated engine for outdated last gen consoles in mind and have lots of headaches along the way because bugs, glitches and The Benz constantly banging on our door with his lawsuit, if we could just keep creating more content for the online game, cut our efforts by 80% along with our expenses, turn more of a profit than what we are currently getting now AND scrap the Story DLC altogether and use it's main concepts for the next game?"

Seriously, if I were one of R* biggest man, even I would suggest the latter, as it makes much more sense from a financial point of view while also providing grounds for the future products.

I don't care about the features, I want to see the story that came with it.

ReadyerrNot
  • ReadyerrNot

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:08 PM

It's coming.. Soon

So, you mean like, never?

hyperar
  • hyperar

Gangsta

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:19 PM

I thought that C* said it was cancelled

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:05 AM

I remember Zelnick saying he wasn't even aware that they made an announcement of a Story DLC for the game.

Right here:http://www.gamesrada...ta-5-story-dlc/

Though this is an old article, it has been two years and we still got no word on it...And now they have announced a new DLC for online(gun running) and a whole new game(RDR2).
  • anthony, UltraGizmo64 and Payne Killer like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:28 AM

101.png

• FATMANYOU2, UltraGizmo64, DM98xKONATA and 6 others like this

hyperar
  • hyperar

Gangsta

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:04 PM

I remember Zelnick saying he wasn't even aware that they made an announcement of a Story DLC for the game.

Right here:http://www.gamesrada...ta-5-story-dlc/

Though this is an old article, it has been two years and we still got no word on it...And now they have announced a new DLC for online(gun running) and a whole new game(RDR2).

Yeah, it was supposed to be on the works but was cancelled due to the massive cash cow GTAO turned out to be

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

DISAPPOINTED!

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:36 PM

101.png

LMBO! Hilarious!

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:21 PM

101.png

LMBO! Hilarious!
Its funny cause its true 😭
  • Cutter De Blanc likes this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:15 PM

That hour long youtube video of all the audio from cut side missions sure does rub salt in the wounds. The fact that half of it has been culled and retrofitted for GTAO is like dipping a rag in kerosene and wrapping it TIGHTLY around the wounds PACKED with salt. Goddammit R*...
  • Cutter De Blanc, Irrational, UltraGizmo64 and 5 others like this

Bakamomo
  • Bakamomo

Country Fried

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:02 PM Edited by Bakamomo, 18 May 2017 - 10:04 PM.

Hmmm, Shawn Fonteno and Ned Luke has been posting some GTA 5 related stuff recently on their Instagram accounts. Boring stuff, really, except the fact that it has been GTA V-related. But now thisssssssss ...

https://www.instagra...=ned_luke&hl=sv

hyperar
  • hyperar

Gangsta

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:26 PM

Hmmm, Shawn Fonteno and Ned Luke has been posting some GTA 5 related stuff recently on their Instagram accounts. Boring stuff, really, except the fact that it has been GTA V-related. But now thisssssssss ...

If Shawn Fonteno on motion capture suit didn't get us anything, surely i won't get my hopes up for Ned Luke saying Jetpack while driving a car. Wish i'm wrong tho

Bakamomo
  • Bakamomo

Country Fried

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:51 AM Edited by Bakamomo, 19 May 2017 - 12:17 PM.

If Shawn Fonteno on motion capture suit didn't get us anything, surely i won't get my hopes up for Ned Luke saying Jetpack while driving a car. Wish i'm wrong tho

Yeah, could be nothing.

Perhaps a reference to the image of a jetpack Shawn posted on his Instagram recently, or was it the other way around.

Nevertheless, previously, Ned Luke has been careful in avoiding statements concerning a potential SP DLC (I guess the wrath of R* legal team is a force to be reckoned with) and it seems unlikely that he all of a sudden has turned stupid and/or into a troll.

Of course, it could just be an in-between joke, but still one that, arguably, touches on topics associated with a SP DLC (Liberty City and a jetpack).

MuralDeciphered
  • MuralDeciphered

The Real Mystery Buster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:53 PM

Yeah, could be nothing.

'' '' ''

Of course, it could just be an in-between joke, but still one that, arguably, touches on topics associated with a SP DLC (Liberty City and a jetpack).

OR being a GTA V Main voice actor , his personal twitter account is spammed constantly by youtubers and kids asking stupid questions , The Jetpack being a very popular subject amongst all the crazy people following GTAV Fan fictions.

I could name you someone of this forum who not only harassed dozen and dozen of Rockstar low level employees but also voice actors personal social media accounts including their family accounts in hope to learn more about a chiliad mystery or a jetpack.

That's how pathetic some people can get. 

So after a while i guess that Ned decided to at least have some fun with it. + It's still free promotion for a project he worked on.

• Zello likes this

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:27 AM

Interesting? Traffic in New York?
  • Roger Cheeto likes this

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:17 AM

Interesting? Traffic in New York?

Yeah, can't see this being anything.

He's being logical, a jetpack in new York traffic would be great.

I love how the VAs kind of look like their characters.
  • UltraGizmo64 and Roger Cheeto like this

A.O.D.88
  • A.O.D.88

Brian Jeremy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:51 AM

SP DLC is LONG GONE!!! Y'all can thank y'alls hero the benz for that big whopper of nothing burger.

• FATMANYOU2 and SmokesWithCigs like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:56 AM

Ned has been trolling everyone with Jetpack stuff for months now, it's already too obvious and not as funny anymore.

• MuralDeciphered likes this

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:35 PM

SP DLC is LONG GONE!!! Y'all can thank y'alls hero the benz for that big whopper of nothing burger.

Ok, call me slow. So Benz is the one responsible for the online?

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:00 PM

Ok, call me slow. So Benz is the one responsible for the online?
Yes

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:09 PM

THANKS LESLIE

• A.O.D.88 likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:43 PM

GTA Online is something everyone at Rockstar wanted to do for a very long time, since GTA III, wasn't just Leslie.
  • Edward Nashton likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:07 PM

We seem to have wandered off topic here folks.

This is the Story Mode DLC speculation thread. If there isn't anything to speculate, there isn't a reason to post.

Thanks.  :^:

• Roger Cheeto likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:49 PM

Shouldn't this thread be locked then? There's never ever anything going to be worth talking about since SP DLC is gone, scrapped, no longer being worked on, re-purposed for GTAO instead, etc.
  • Irrational and BlackScout like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:27 PM

No, the topic can stay open because if ever there is information to speculate upon,it can be discussed here. There is no point in locking a topic like this simply because there is nothing at present to post in it.
  • AUScowboy and Pink Pineapple like this

Bakamomo
  • Bakamomo

Country Fried

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:13 PM Edited by Bakamomo, 23 May 2017 - 07:03 AM.

... and suddenly there is a potential release window for a SP DLC.

http://www.rockstarg...t=rdr2-05222017

Up until now there was no way that R* would release anything major, as RDR2 had a planned autumn release. My guess is that the RDR 2 delay is nothing new to R* and the news a couple a months back about the additional updates for GTA:O (gunrunning, et cetera) should probably be viewed in the light of the delay – perhaps even Yan's rumor about R* reconsidering a SP DLC. 

• UltraGizmo64, ~Tiger~, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

MuralDeciphered
  • MuralDeciphered

The Real Mystery Buster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:27 AM Edited by MuralDeciphered, 23 May 2017 - 08:30 AM.

Up until now there was no way that R* would release anything major, as RDR2 had a planned autumn release. My guess is that the RDR 2 delay is nothing new to R* and the news a couple a months back about the additional updates for GTA:O (gunrunning, et cetera) should probably be viewed in the light of the delay – perhaps even Yan's rumor about R* reconsidering a SP DLC. 

Potential release window ? A 6 months push back ? 

So you're telling me that because their new game isn't rdy , their taking 6 more months to finish it and while their at it , they could start a whole new single player DLC for their old outdated engine and game including new animations , assets , props , dialogues , and a whole well written plot ? while also having to do it for 3 different platforms ? 

Some people really don't understand how games are made.

Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:33 AM

Potential release window ? A 6 months push back ? 

So you're telling me that because their new game isn't rdy , their taking 6 more months to finish it and while their at it , they could start a whole new single player DLC for their old outdated engine and game including new animations , assets , props , dialogues , and a whole well written plot ? while also having to do it for 3 different platforms ? 

Some people really don't understand how games are made.

Dude, it's already been made.

• AUScowboy likes this

MuralDeciphered
  • MuralDeciphered

The Real Mystery Buster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:01 AM Edited by MuralDeciphered, 23 May 2017 - 09:04 AM.

Dude, it's already been made.

Are we having a serious conversation now ? 

What you mean is that they already had preliminary work done yes that was intended for the original game , but ended up being cut and recycled in GTA : Online. You guys had your SP DLC's ; in the form of heist missions and Lamar missions. You get a lot of information about SP from the online game itself. GTA : Online is like an endless prequel to GTA V.

Prove me that they had a real SP DLC in the work. A picture of a voice actor in mo-cap suit that was probably taken during the original game development  time isn't a proof of anything.

Moreover , a lot of competent people already demonstrated the flaw in wanting an SP DLC itself. They are using the same map in GTAV and GTA:online. They can't modify the map without having to modify both version of the game. This factor only is a major deterrent to create anything for single players only.

And let's be all honest once and for all here. GTA Online is a fantastic game. One of the best mmofps on the market currently , nothing even come close to it. Their focus is GTA : Online for a good reason , an mmorpg structure is vastly superior to single player games when it comes to game longevity , and Rockstar proved it here.

The only people wishing for a SP DLC are a serious minority. I always laugh when i see people whine about the lack of SP DLC but at the same time , they rack up hundreds of hours in GTA : Online. Seems like some people have double standards here. You better prepare for RDR2 : Online , it will be their next focus for years to come. Rockstar started a new way of making games and personally i welcome it completely. 

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users