» «
Photo

The GTA V Story Mode DLC Speculation Thread

10,136 replies to this topic
Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:08 AM

This thread is only for the discussion of the Story Mode DLC.

http://www.rockstarg...-Spring-Updates

And later this year, look for even more additions to both Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V, including more holiday-themed updates, some very exciting Story Mode DLC and much more.

Shawn Fonteno says they're working on the DLC for GTA V.

@ 6:25

• GAMIR_GTA, cremefraiche, DlZZEE and 10 others like this

Drill Sergeant
  • Drill Sergeant

First name Drill, Last name Sergeant!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:16 AM

I want to believe

• GAMIR_GTA, DIEXEL, DlZZEE and 3 others like this

NikoBellicGTAIV
  • NikoBellicGTAIV

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:22 AM

Oh, another Story Mode DLC thread. Let's derail the sh*t out of it just for fun.
  • gtaguy95, anthony, Journey_95 and 4 others like this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:43 AM

I'll give this thread 2 weeks tops.

• gtaguy95, MythAlex, iFarbod and 5 others like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Cosmic Warrior

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:45 AM

A perfect song for this thread:

• SchizNitz, UltraGizmo64, iFarbod and 5 others like this

XenoxX
  • XenoxX

*stubborn minded*

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:46 AM

Oh damn, its gotta be fun just another two weeks, also I think its funny how you did not mention in the OP that R* pretty much confirmed in the form of PR talk that Story Mode DLC will not release anytime soon, if at all.

"Denial is the first step of the grieving process", now just get over it.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:10 AM

also I think its funny how you did not mention in the OP that R* pretty much confirmed in the form of PR talk that Story Mode DLC will not release anytime soon, if at all.

Rockstar said they're currently working on online. That video in which Fonteno says they're working on the DLC was uploaded 9 months ago. They had all that time to work on the DLC.

The DLC could be finished already.

• iFarbod and Ya Boy Punk Fan like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Cosmic Warrior

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:11 AM

And we're off to a great start here on Pressing Issues, the number one public radio talk show in the Vice City area.

• gtaguy95, Cutter De Blanc, fac316 and 5 others like this

Xing of Virtue
  • Xing of Virtue

Life makes no sense when fish are gay.

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:14 AM

We should expect it arriving in mid 2016.

XenoxX
  • XenoxX

*stubborn minded*

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:20 AM

also I think its funny how you did not mention in the OP that R* pretty much confirmed in the form of PR talk that Story Mode DLC will not release anytime soon, if at all.

Rockstar said they're currently working on online. That video in which Fonteno says they're working on the DLC was uploaded 9 months ago. They had all that time to work on the DLC.

So you are implying SP DLC is finished, and Rockstar decided for no apparent reason to not release it?

Seems logical...honestly for R* it does.

But why would they do that?
Are you sure fonteno wasn't just lieng when he said that, or maybe Story DLC had been cancelled, or maybe they needed Franklins voice over for a previous iteration of Heists, which had been scrapped afterwards.

Also I just noticed I think my Heists theory might actualy be true, since he only says DLC he does not say Singleplayer DLC.

So I could imagine Franklin beeing someone giving missions in the Heists aswell, but it was cut because it did not live up to their standards.

OR they recorded the voice lines for some upcoming Online DLC in which Franklin will be involved which is unlikely, since R* confirmed no new Heists will release and that they want to create new complex game modes, and apartment customization next.

• Its Average Gamer likes this

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:31 AM

So you are implying SP DLC is finished, and Rockstar decided for no apparent reason to not release it?

They just announced that there will be no more updates for last-gen. That means the DLC would be for current-gen only. 

They could be waiting for the install base to grow before releasing it.

• UltraGizmo64, Ya Boy Punk Fan, KeshKerdz and 1 other like this

XenoxX
  • XenoxX

*stubborn minded*

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:38 AM

They just announced that there will be no more updates for last-gen. That means the DLC would be for current-gen only. 

They could be waiting for the install base to grow before releasing it.

Which is again highly unlikely, if any the DLC would be a standalone one, and if they realy wanted to grow their install base they would announce the DLC now, so the people have an even higher incentive to upgrade to Next Gen, they wouldn't say that "all their focus is currently on Online" and that " all key members of V are working on Online".

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:57 AM

They're pushing people to upgrade by announcing there will be no more last-gen updates and that they have a ton of ideas for online. That way, they'll receive less backlash when they announce that the DLC will be current-gen only.

• CanOdope likes this

_MK_
  • _MK_

JRod

• Members
  • None
  • Best Vehicle [Snap] 2016
    Best Scenery [Snap] 2015
    Best Filtered [Snap] 2015

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:13 AM

oCle7O3.png

• Ryder15, saintsrow, GroundZero and 37 others like this

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:58 AM

Seems logical...honestly for R* it does.

But why would they do that?
Are you sure fonteno wasn't just lieng when he said that, or maybe Story DLC had been cancelled, or maybe they needed Franklins voice over for a previous iteration of Heists, which had been scrapped afterwards.

Also I just noticed I think my Heists theory might actualy be true, since he only says DLC he does not say Singleplayer DLC.

So I could imagine Franklin beeing someone giving missions in the Heists aswell, but it was cut because it did not live up to their standards.

OR they recorded the voice lines for some upcoming Online DLC in which Franklin will be involved which is unlikely, since R* confirmed no new Heists will release and that they want to create new complex game modes, and apartment customization next.

Didn't they add several new character switch scenes for Franklin in an update?  Perhaps any new voice work he did was for that.  Either way Rockstar made it fairly clear that there wont be any dlc.  It was already in doubt after the interview with the guy from Take Two who had never heard of any mention of dlc.

• XenoxX likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:16 AM

My fear is that they already have delivered it with the Current Gen, and PC Version.

I mean the Monkey Mozaics, and all the other Added Stuff...

I hope I'm wrong there.

• Ya Boy Punk Fan and Mortsnarg like this

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

leftist terrorist

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:21 AM

We'll get it around... 2098.
Happy few years!
  • GAMIR_GTA, UltraGizmo64, Ya Boy Punk Fan and 4 others like this

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:46 AM

Honestly, I don't even care anymore. If they rather focus on GTA Online then fine but they won't get my money that way. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has 0 interest in GTA Online and just wants some fun SP DLC. 

I'm tired of Rockstar's sh*t. They take their fans for granted and therefore just go weeks and months without saying a thing. When they do decide to communicate they say things and then go back on them. They always delay things. They say there is SP DLC coming then now say all focus is on GTA Online. We were told there would be story DLC over a year ago due out later in 2014 but nothing came of that except PS4/XB1/PC versions announced. 

I once said Rockstar was my favourite game developer but I just can't be arsed with their carry on anymore. I'm done caring about what they do. I feel they are ruining what is great about GTA which was my favourite all time gaming series. They get huge profits and it goes to their head. Now they think they can just treat fans like sh*t and get away with it. I'm not daft because I know a lot of people are still gonna keep on buying GTA but I'm making a personal decision to never give them a single penny more. 

• Algonquin Assassin, Choco Taco, anthony and 10 others like this

anthony
  • anthony

Nobody cares, nobody f*cking cares.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:18 AM Edited by cry_wolf, 15 September 2015 - 09:19 AM.

I think its a little bit too late now for a SP DLC :yawn: , anyway if this DLC will be good as the DLC from GTA IV, why not but he will not, why ? Because its too expensive to make DLC like that and the 2 from IV does this not sold many so we can forget, but honestly I dont care, I dont even play the game anymore.  Maybe I will on PC with mods when I will come back home, thanks to the modders...

michiel1705
  • michiel1705

Crackhead

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:19 AM

Jezus Christ, they simply said that their CURRENT focus is on GTA online. They've clearly done voicework for the singleplayer dlc. That doesnt mean its finished but I personally think R* believes that they have no reason to release the dlc when GTA Online is still so popular. Keep in mind that they are still laying the foundations for online,they have so many more ideas for it. I'm 100% sure that SP dlc will come when R* feels the time is right
  • UltraGizmo64, MythAlex, Rockstar Vienna and 1 other like this

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:37 AM

We will have GTA5 Story Mode DLC trailer in a few weeks.

• DIEXEL and BlackSnow176 like this

kBlaise
  • kBlaise

"We're two hombres in a strange town..."

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:45 AM

We don't know how long this console generation will last but I'm pretty sure Rockstar would want to release GTA VI (and at least a new Red Dead) before it ends. So far they've been pretty slow. I hope it's only because of their "rigorous quality control". That I could understand.

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:00 AM

We will have GTA5 Story Mode DLC trailer in a few weeks.

..or so.

• The Green Sabre likes this

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:33 AM

R* is preparing the Story Mode DLC since they started PS4 XBONE PC GTA5 development.

Anda7x
  • Anda7x

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

• anthony, theGTAking101, an.punker and 1 other like this

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:02 PM

In fact, C.J was pretty fun

• The Green Sabre likes this

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:03 PM

It's so bizarre and frustrating how secretive Rockstar are.  They're like Johnny Tight Lips from The Simpsons.

• Official General, gtaguy95, UltraGizmo64 and 5 others like this

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:43 PM Edited by Cyberzone2, 15 September 2015 - 01:44 PM.

Story dlc is part of the easter egg by R*

it never exist just like bigfoot in GTA SA

/donottakethispostseriously
  • anthony likes this

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:48 PM Edited by cry_wolf, 15 September 2015 - 01:49 PM.

/donottakethispostseriously

I would've say "part of the trolling" lol

Xing of Virtue
  • Xing of Virtue

Life makes no sense when fish are gay.

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:50 PM