Camping Mobile Save House 2.0 and Trailer Attach Mod

SA Released
22 replies to this topic
goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:05 PM Edited by goodidea82, 15 September 2015 - 06:27 PM.

1441926763_CampingMobileSaveHouse2_Trail

This is version 2.0 of my Camping Car Mobile Save House Mod
Author: GoodIdea82

Thanks to Automan for permission to use the camping trailer (Merit Camping)

Download link is in the description of the youtube video: (This is to create traffic on youtube and increase visibility of this mod outside this our community) :

Camping Mobile Save House 2.0a and Trailer Attach

Features:

• Journey, Tropic, or a Camping Trailer can be used as mobile save houses.
  • Attach vehicle to a trailer
  • Attach trailer to a vehicle (other techniques (e.g. by Junior_Djjr) can be used alternatively if you like)
  • Combination of the two mods Mobile Save House and Trailer Attach results in a mobile garage (not a real garage, only coordinates and colors of vehicles are stored)
  • You can extend the mod with your own plugins. An example plugin is provided.
  • Additional scripts: side-door of the journey and the camping trailer opens automatically
  • Trailers are spawned at certain locations in San Andreas
  • New vehicle models: enterable Journey and Tropic created from the original models (these are not models you find on the internet); modified Merit Camping model (original model from Automan); created a new trailer.
  • Only CLEO scripts without memory manipulation, hence it should run with any version (even Android). I have tested it with CLEO 4.1 and 4.3
  • Once a savedisk has been activated on a vehicle, you can travel around San Andreas and when you come to the place where you left the vehicle, it will be respawned automatically.
  • Many ini-configuration options

Version 2.0a has a fix for CLEO 4.3, because originally the mod was developed for CLEO 4.1. CLEO 4.3 changed the behavior of some opcodes.

• Fireman, Toghrul Rahimli, lopezloo and 5 others like this

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [Modding] 2016
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:24 PM Edited by Silent, 06 September 2015 - 10:24 PM.

The Camping Trailer looks a bit... stressed.
  • dkluin likes this

gajrajgchouhan
  • gajrajgchouhan

tommycjnikojohnnyluis fan

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:03 AM Edited by gajrajgchouhan, 07 September 2015 - 10:03 AM.

Is that trailer dancing on music ? :p

Good mod :^:

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:14 PM

Finally being able to transport a vehicle without it blowing up the entire world like in a packer is already f*cking awesome tbh.

• minhtroller likes this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:30 PM

This mod is gonna be awesome! Finally, I always have wanted this for years!

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:46 PM

>The Camping Trailer looks a bit... stressed

In its previous life it had a job as utility trailer. Now it's stressed about what has been done to it.

>Is that trailer dancing on music ? :p

Very good! So it's not stressed, it's just happy about its retirement as a camping trailer!

Actually the first theory was correct, it is due to its previous life as a utility trailer (old handling.cfg). I have modified the handling and the dancing is reduced. If you make a chain of several vehicles it will still shake, but this is not the normal use case anyway. BTW, I did not focus on the details of the vehicles so don't mind if the models or handling are not the perfect. The focus was on making the scripts as robust as possible. I have added ini-options so people can configure the mod for their own vehicles if they like.

>Good mod :^:

>Finally being able to transport a vehicle without it blowing up the entire world like in a packer is already f*cking awesome tbh.

>This mod is gonna be awesome! Finally, I always have wanted this for years!

Thanks! This is the stuff from which mods are made.

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil
  • Best Tool 2014 [Mod Loader]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:04 PM

• >3000 LOC.

Now, that IS the feature bouy.

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:56 PM Edited by goodidea82, 08 September 2015 - 11:02 PM.

You can extend the mod with your own plugins. An example plugin is provided.

Spoiler
  • dkluin likes this

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:20 PM

Download link is available in the description of the youtube video. Enjoy!

• dkluin likes this

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:33 PM

Updated to version 2.0a. Version 2.0a has a fix for CLEO 4.3, because originally the mod was developed for CLEO 4.1. CLEO 4.3 changes the behavior of some opcodes.

In the uploaded version 2.0a I forgot to reset the ini-settings in MobileSaveHouse.ini. I recommend to used safeMode=1 and spawnRemovable=0 when you test the mod for the first time.

• Fireman and dkluin like this

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Map 2016 [San Andreas INSANITY] [Contribution]

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:06 PM

This mod causes "Mission Failed" in some missions. Maybe you used some 'car remove references'...

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:08 PM

Thanks for this finding and sorry for the inconvenience.

Please tell me exactly how to reproduce the problem so that I can debug it.

The mod does remove the car and/or trailer for certain reasons if you move far away. Do you have an idea why this is a problem with missions?

dkluin
  • dkluin

GTA:Underground Developer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:37 PM Edited by dkluin, 01 February 2016 - 06:38 PM.

I saw your source code:

TMP_HANDLE = Car.Create(#BMX, TMPX, TMPY, TMPZ)
01C3: remove_references_to_car TMP_HANDLE //Makes it like a random object that may be deleted by the engine.

Why not just release the model and delete the BMX when neccessairy?

Ofcourse not by using 01C3 opcode.

• Mememan likes this

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

I saw your source code:

TMP_HANDLE = Car.Create(#BMX, TMPX, TMPY, TMPZ)
01C3: remove_references_to_car TMP_HANDLE //Makes it like a random object that may be deleted by the engine.

Why not just release the model and delete the BMX when neccessairy?

Ofcourse not by using 01C3 opcode.

This code is from the demo plugin so anybody can rewrite it as they like. Your suggestion is one possibility, of course. A reason for using 01C3 is for the case when the user leaves the area where the BMX is and does not care about it anymore. In this case it is nice that the engine will clean it up automatically so that the reference is not used.

If your reply refers to the problem reported by Junior_Djjr, then the answer is as follows. The main mod (without the plugin) also contains 01C3 but it can be deactivated by a setting (spawnRemovable=0) in the ini file. However, since setting spawnRemovable=0 is recommended anyway I think he already uses the setting. I think the problem is related to something else so I need a description how to reproduce the problem in the easiest way.

dkluin
  • dkluin

GTA:Underground Developer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:00 PM

No, I meant that you could try to debug it out this way, to see if this really is the problem.

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Map 2016 [San Andreas INSANITY] [Contribution]

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:46 PM Edited by Junior_Djjr, 09 February 2016 - 07:47 PM.

Was a visitor of my blog that reported, but, yes, was certainly caused by 01C3:
I didn't know this spawnRemovable

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:04 PM

Ok, I consider this as a non-issue.

If someone else finds a bug, then tell me exactly which steps to do so I can analyze it.

Minhkute360
  • Minhkute360

King of crash - Give me the money or else!

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:24 AM Edited by Minhkute360, 27 March 2016 - 04:40 PM.

@Goodidea82, I found that your old version (1.0) conflicted with SA Cop bikers overhaul by Silent. *Details: after saving with Savehouse Journey (using v1.0), I loaded again the save and when done -->the game freezes!!! -->*solution: temporarily remove the cbo.cs (from CopBikers mod) -->result: the game loaded well!
And then I rolled back to use again the cbo.cs --> the game freezes again after done loading the save. :/  :(

Maybe the CampingCarMobileSaveHouse.cs causes this bug - I guess. I think it corrupts the save file.

Dunno if current new version (2.0) still bugged like above. :bored:

----------
EDITED:
I've downloaded and tested the mod, results (e.g):
- In save file A, it says "925" is used by a mod. I also tried other values but still.
- In save file B, (cleoVar=925 too) the mod functions correctly! I can save & load the game as normally as well.

*NOTE: Above are without "cbo.cs".
Otherwise with cbo.cs, ALL save files get the same result, in one of below two cases:
+ (1) the game freezes after loading if has been saved with the mod.
or
+ (2) the game loads well if has been saved normally (eg. in cj house).
  • goodidea82 likes this

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:47 PM Edited by goodidea82, 06 April 2016 - 09:01 PM.

@Minhkute360

Both versions of my mod save data in CLEO variables. CLEO stores these variables in the folder SA_GAME/cleo/cleo_saves/cs0.sav ... cs7.sav. This means that my mod does not manipulate the normal save files of the game in any strange way.The normal save files store only the position of CJ and the vehicles positions are stored in the CLEO variables. You can delete the CLEO save files to "reset" the cleo variables if a conflict has been reported.

By default the mod uses CLEO variables starting from 925. In the ini-file you can try different values if you suspect a conflict with another mod. When encountering issues with version 2, you can also set safeMode=1 and enableRestore=0 (this will disable some functionallity).

If you still get freezes in combination with cbo.cs, this can be due to other reasons not related to cleo vars. In this case it would be interesting if the combination cbo.cs +  "Save anywhere"-mod works.

Minhkute360
  • Minhkute360

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:15 PM Edited by Minhkute360, 12 April 2016 - 12:34 PM.

safeMode=1
enableRestore=0
enablePlugin=0 (default 1 by you)

But the bug still with all of these settings, I tested again!

-------------------------------------

I will summarize the whole of history of my CampingMod testing:

- My Save A had been saved with your v1.0 before, from then after many times saving, I found new version (2.0) and downloaded and tried it.

- With v2.0 installed, I loaded my Save A, I went to a save disc in a mobile vehicle (Utility...) --> it says "925 is used by another mod".

- I tried other values, but still.

- I set safeMode=0 to save the game ignoring the warning. After saving I loaded the save again --> game freezed with cbo.cs, or loaded well without cbo.cs! (Same results in Save B).

- I tried to remove ALL the mods from the game (now the game was original) to avoid the conflicts, and then tested again --> still "925 is..." :*(

- I tried to replace with original HOODLUM 1.0 .exe ('cause the last one (is 1.0 HOODLUM too) was the one that modified with SA radio&repair patch) --> still! :angry: (this patch is not the cause!)

- Finally I tested on New Game mode --> still!! :rampage:

WTF??? :facedesk: 

If you're carefully you may test on my Save A: https://www.dropbox.... (MK360).b?dl=0. Plz tell me if you find something new.  :(

(The Save B not necessary, it's just a 100% fully savefile downloaded from internet and is not saved with your mod yet).

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:06 PM Edited by goodidea82, 12 April 2016 - 10:10 PM.

Please try what I described in the first paragraph of my previous post, namely: delete SA_GAME/cleo/cleo_saves/cs0.sav ... cs7.sav. As explained above this is where the values of the cleo variables 925... are stored (they are not stored in the *.b savefile that you have sent). This should solve the "925 is used by another mod" problem.

Spoiler

I have tested your savefile and I think this is the problem. I loaded your savefile; pressed "1" to spawn the utility, journey, and so on; and saved in utility. Then loaded and it worked. Then I repeated it again (second time) and the game was totally messed up (didn't crash but I didn't see anything on screen). You must know that savefiles are not compatible between different versions of the game. Never use a savefile if you are not 100% sure that it was created with the same game version you are using. Furthermore, some mods (not mine) can introduce bugs in savefiles. Once, a savefile has a bug (either from a mod or because wrong game version was used once), then this bug will be copied from one savefile to the next like a virus and someday it will shows up. In this case the entire chain of savefiles is trash and must be deleted.

After testing with your savefile I have use my own savefile and it works as always. I have then added the CBO mod and it works, too. I can save and load games in utility trailer and had no problems.

My settings: CLEO 4.1.1, Hoodlum 1.0 with CD patch, modloader, and probably 30 mods.

Minhkute360
  • Minhkute360

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:25 AM Edited by Minhkute360, 16 April 2016 - 08:16 AM.

Thanks to your replies, helpful info:

But the bug still even with all .sav files removed, I tried.

My settings:

*CLEO 4.3.20 (I even tried 4.1 but the bug still)
 *v1.0US Hoodlum fixed exe.
 *modloader - I install Camping mod there.

*This is strange thing: My Sav A (link above) is always saved with the exe version above (us1.0). Load my save again, go to Map and u will see there're some "Car impound" icons on two places on the map: one in Catalina's hideout in Fern Ridge & two in near Cesar's hideout in Angel Pine.

Spoiler

This is because I used this Save car anywhere mod, which creates a CarImpound icon on the map after I pressed L key to save my car, and then saves the car coords in a .sav file.

I suspect this is the culprit, I'm not sure.

*I tried other savefiles downloaded from internet but... still, even with the ones I got from here!

-------------------------

*EDIT:

- May you send me your save file so I can test and maybe will find some posible reasons?

- Two questions:

1) You said that u loaded my save, then spawned vehs, and saved in Utility Trailer BUT NO WARNING (925 IS USED...)? Also loaded your own save and all are still OK?

2)

...the game was totally messed up (didn't crash but I didn't see anything on screen)

What do u mean with this? - the game freezed in blackscreen?

Mememan
  • Mememan

Nemesis

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 2 weeks ago

how can i extend variables limit? i mean 10-970 is occupied already 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users