Quantcast

» «
Photo

[WIP] PathUltimatum Path Creation Toolkit (VC, SA, IV, V)

72 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll (104 member(s) have cast votes)

Should full support for IV/V be added?

1. Yes (94 votes [90.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.38%

2. No, other tools allow that already (10 votes [9.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.62%

Should support for GTA III be added?

1. Yes (85 votes [81.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 81.73%

2. No (19 votes [18.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote
dkluin
  • dkluin

GTA:Underground Developer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:23 AM

Btw, for this you don't necessarily need to use blender completely if you prefer 3ds max.

I have been saying this. You can simply create paths in 3ds max as a edge-vertex only mesh and import it in blender. In blender, all you need to do is to set the vertex and edge properties (spawnrate, width, leftlanes, rightlanes) and then export it to the game. I'll probably create a tutorial sometime later. You'll probably utilize 0 blender's feature this way, except for the tool's interface 

Hmmhm.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:41 PM

Afaik 3dsmax doesn't support creation of edge-vertex only meshes, that's my only hesitation for using the blender-only version in conjunction with 3dsmax, however if we can create 1 simple one and be able to export that to 3dsmax to further edit it inside max as a edge-vertex only mesh then that my only assumed problem solved.

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:42 PM

Afaik 3dsmax doesn't support creation of edge-vertex only meshes, that's my only hesitation for using the blender-only version in conjunction with 3dsmax, however if we can create 1 simple one and be able to export that to 3dsmax to further edit it inside max as a edge-vertex only mesh then that my only assumed problem solved.

I guess that works too, however I never ever used Blender, tbh.

I'll figure it out, if 3ds max will be dropped, then I won't really see it as a big issue anyways.

In the end, it doesn't really matter, if the tool does the job correctly, which is more important for me anyways.

• Frank.s and Sweet Bellic like this

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

Foot Soldier

• Feroci
  • Nepal

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:12 AM

I tried to create edge-vertex and import it too only on 3ds max. It fails, doesn't show or allow you to edit anything with Editable Poly/Mesh. So no point trying to develop for 3ds max. Not sure about editable spline.

So you can create only splines in 3Ds max, import it in blender, Then you'd have to weld the joints. tbh easier if you do this all in blender. Blender has just weird input mappings at the beginning which might seen unintuitive.

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:45 AM

I tried to create edge-vertex and import it too only on 3ds max. It fails, doesn't show or allow you to edit anything with Editable Poly/Mesh. So no point trying to develop for 3ds max. Not sure about editable spline.

So you can create only splines in 3Ds max, import it in blender, Then you'd have to weld the joints. tbh easier if you do this all in blender. Blender has just weird input mappings at the beginning which might seen unintuitive.

Mkay.

tank1
  • tank1

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:45 PM

Btw, for this you don't necessarily need to use blender completely if you prefer 3ds max.

I have been saying this. You can simply create paths in 3ds max as a edge-vertex only mesh and import it in blender. In blender, all you need to do is to set the vertex and edge properties (spawnrate, width, leftlanes, rightlanes) and then export it to the game. I'll probably create a tutorial sometime later. You'll probably utilize 0 blender's feature this way, except for the tool's interface 

Hmmhm.

Way too much of mess. What did you use to write that plugin, c++ or Python ?

In reality, possibly the best solution would be to create a unique program for creating paths. Not creating every single time a separate plugin for every single editor.

Creating this kind of program is not a really difficult task, just a little bit of maths and creativity. But that mostly depends on the author's skill and author's willingness to create something interesting and learn new stuff.

If the decision about creating a custom program will be made, I will be more than happy to help. (Just for a reference, I am involved in creating a game engine level editor, so I know what I am talking about.) ;)

• Swoorup likes this

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

Foot Soldier

• Feroci
  • Nepal

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:38 AM Edited by Swoorup, 25 September 2015 - 03:38 AM.

You are right. Its more creative and engaging to write something like this as a custom program. However, you would be essentially be writing the same stuff that's already available in blender. It just so happens that 3ds max just does not happen to be much of my area and not support major things that could make this work as a plugin, but that was what most people requested, so I tried to tackle it. Also to mention writing from scratch could be very time consuming task. 

But if you are willing to help, then sure. I am very keen to see it as a custom program and we can work together. But can you bring more arguments to justify the need as a custom program? We can catch up on PM

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

Foot Soldier

• Feroci
  • Nepal

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:15 AM

Apologies for the delay. I have been struggling with the issue that interpolation across varying width road lanes are quite difficult to get right. 

On this picture the lanes seem broken, I am trying to programatically connect it using curve functions, but issues. arhh

KIHIixU.png

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:42 AM Edited by dkluin, 01 October 2015 - 09:43 AM.

Apologies for the delay. I have been struggling with the issue that interpolation across varying width road lanes are quite difficult to get right. 

On this picture the lanes seem broken, I am trying to programatically connect it using curve functions, but issues. arhh

KIHIixU.png

Why not write a new DFF/COL IO universal tool to replace KAMs/other DFF tools in the future?
  • Sweet Bellic likes this

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

Foot Soldier

• Feroci
  • Nepal

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:34 PM

What's wrong with Kam's script?

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:43 PM

What's wrong with Kam's script?

It's outdated, has many bugs and it needs to be replaced with a proper tool which is kinda neccessairy atm, one that supports IV, SA, VC, III IDE/IPL exporting too.

But anyways, that's another story.

• Blackbird88 and Sweet Bellic like this

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• The Connection
  • England

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:05 AM

OMG Yes! I don't have to install Windows XP to be able to use old, outdated path editors! Can't wait till it's released! When can I make sweet, sweet love to you?

_onyx_
  • _onyx_

JAH RASTAFARAY

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:45 AM Edited by _onyx_, 07 October 2015 - 07:46 AM.

I bad understand, on the win XP will work?

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:39 AM

Anything new or what?

• _onyx_ likes this

Philoupe
  • Philoupe

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:41 PM

Just found this topic (thanks to Cyberzone2), and it seems quite promising ! :)

Keep the good work ;)

• dkluin and Sweet Bellic like this

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:28 AM

Yes.

• _onyx_ likes this

Philoupe
  • Philoupe

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2015 - 04:43 PM

Hi,

I tried to make a little tool just to move, add or remove some paths (without flags or else) for GTA V and I've got a problem.
Even if the paths.ipl (in common.rpf and update.rpf) seems to have every nodes and links, the game doesn't use it for the vehicles path.

I removed some links and changed the both paths.ipl but the cars are still using the paths I removed.
I also tried to remove everything in paths.xml but it doesn't affect the game either.

So I wonder if anyone knew what the cars are using and how can we edit it ?

Thanks in advance.

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:23 PM Edited by Cyberzone2, 25 October 2015 - 05:24 PM.

Hi,

I tried to make a little tool just to move, add or remove some paths (without flags or else) for GTA V and I've got a problem.
Even if the paths.ipl (in common.rpf and update.rpf) seems to have every nodes and links, the game doesn't use it for the vehicles path.

I removed some links and changed the both paths.ipl but the cars are still using the paths I removed.
I also tried to remove everything in paths.xml but it doesn't affect the game either.

Thanks in advance.

I think it use YTYP (IDE) and ymap ( IPL) instead.Currently its not possible to edit these files yet because it cannot be open with normal program such as notepad,it needs a special tool to open that file.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:27 PM

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

x64.rpf\levels\gta5\paths.rpf

Philoupe
  • Philoupe

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:06 PM Edited by Philoupe, 25 October 2015 - 08:07 PM.

I looked but in these folders are ynd files and there is no tools for decode it or no documentation how ti interpret it.
In hexa, there is the common RSC7 in the begin of the file and some null values (00), but after, I didn't was able to understand how are the nodes coded.

And I don't understand why the GTA files contains the ipl and xml files if they are not used ... :/

Thanks.

Yoha
  • Yoha

GTAV Moder

• Members
  • China

Posted 01 November 2015 - 12:38 AM

Amazing work!!!

This tool is so powerful.

I'm planing to build GTAV map MOD, but I don't have any code skills to help you, just to cheer you on! :)

-ATP-
  • -ATP-

GTA United Developer

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:29 PM

How about adding support for carrec files? Maybe also with the ability to attach a car to it in 3dsmax.

• Frank.s, dkluin and Sweet Bellic like this

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:30 AM

Automatically place traffic lights in paths. This is required for SA. Vice City does not need this.

I wonder, how does IV handle this? Or V for that matter?

I can recall we did a direct conversion from SA to IV paths but the traffic lights worked fine. Despite all data such as flags being lost in the process.

Is it based on object rotation if the lights are red or green?

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

Foot Soldier

• Feroci
  • Nepal

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:32 AM

Yeah, if blender and python works on windows XP, there is no question why that wouldn't work.

Automatically place traffic lights in paths. This is required for SA. Vice City does not need this.

I wonder, how does IV handle this? Or V for that matter?

I can recall we did a direct conversion from SA to IV paths but the traffic lights worked fine. Despite all data such as flags being lost in the process.

Is it based on object rotation if the lights are red or green?

I am not sure how V or IV handles this. I am assuming they are calculated dynamically then?

How about adding support for carrec files? Maybe also with the ability to attach a car to it in 3dsmax.

I think this won't be suitable for carrec, because carrec doesn't have concept of junctions they only follow a spline? Although this should be quite easy though.

Apologies for the delay, I haven't been to focus on this properly since post graduation crisis. I think I might as well just release the VC version since thats the only one done atm. There was an issue in representing the junctions at curve angles which doesn't display that very well, however this is only for the visualization and doesn't affect ingame.

• Frank.s and _onyx_ like this

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:19 PM

is this open source?

-ATP-
  • -ATP-

GTA United Developer

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:08 PM Edited by -ATP-, 10 November 2015 - 06:11 PM.

I think this won't be suitable for carrec, because carrec doesn't have concept of junctions they only follow a spline? Although this should be quite easy though.

Yeah, carrec is basically point to point.

Actually there is no carrec import/export tool for 3ds Max, at least no one I know about.

So maybe a PathUltimatum Path Creation Toolkit could contain this :)

To have a tool like that and to have the ability to attach a car in 3ds Max to that spline, would make it a lot more easier to create missions like this or this, for example, as they make heavy use of carrec files.

So if your able to create that kind of script, I would be realy happy :p

alex8ball_BRATVA
  • alex8ball_BRATVA

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

what about GTA3 support? I am extremely need this tool for my mod. Setting up it too hard, i modified map IO to export markers from model of road to txt. Consume alot of time

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:27 PM

Any news?This tool is quite promising.

• dkluin likes this

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

Foot Soldier

• Feroci
  • Nepal

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:14 AM

Download from here. (Only Vice City paths best supported at the moment)

https://github.com/S...aths-visualizer

Some things were done in an unrecognizable fashion (BAD UI design), So I just omitted them out. Let me know if you run into issues.

• Mr.Arrow, dkluin, R3ZA and 1 other like this

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:43 PM

Amazing job man! Finally!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users