Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do so many people have negative K/D's?

224 replies to this topic
crack1king
  • crack1king

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 hours ago

Taking the K/D ratio thing a bit serious r we?

Icantthinkofonew
  • Icantthinkofonew

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 hours ago Edited by Icantthinkofonew, 20 hours ago.

One thing I'd like to add is that, just because you use vehicles, that doesn't mean you go passive/play cheap when you're out of the vehicle. More often than not, it's people in jets that go passive after being shot down (but not all).

If I use a vehicle, it's usually going to be a helicopter. Naturally it's risky (with the homing launchers about/really weak armour on helicopters), so sometimes I get a load of kills and other times I get shot down. When I'm shot down though, I don't go straight to passive mode, and I don't make any exceptionally dirty moves. I also would not respawn vehicles using 1 v 1 invites (cheating in my eyes).

So while I admit my k/d would be much lower without any vehicles, I fight fairly clean while on the ground.

SPECTER II
  • SPECTER II

ICUPM8

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 hours ago

A <1 K/D is not negative...

Smooth Longsack
  • Smooth Longsack

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 hours ago Edited by Smooth Longsack, 19 hours ago.

A <1 K/D is not negative...

It is if you take kills (K) and deaths (D) and subtract.

If K-D<0, then the result is indeed negative.
Thus, your cumulative effort in PvP is less than zero. Don't be sad. Just don't care or git gud.

harbujahn the great
  • harbujahn the great

SOON....YOU WILL ALL BE HUNTED DOWN IN LOS SANTOS !!!

• Members

Posted 19 hours ago

this is because they have crossed paths with one of gta onlines most feared players............HARBUJAHN THE GREAT!

• JimmyFantastic, Smooth Longsack and Captain Sensib1e like this

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

SAHP Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 hours ago

For every person who goes on a free roam rampage, or does really well in deathmatches, there will always be many more whose K/D will drop as a result.

Personally, mine always drops when I play with friends due to our tendency to blow ourselves up an awful lot. It tends to go up when I play free roam because I am very good at dealing with people who try to kill me (or who are being annoying).

elfoam
  • elfoam

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 hours ago

KD reflects your level of anger nothing more. I know ppl with kds under .1 that have done mastermind months ago.

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

High in the sky

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 hours ago

My ratio is .8 because of cheaters, no friends, being killed right when I spawn (which I know how to stop now), being outnumbered, landbirds using rpgs at close range, getting sniped by someone when im in a fight with someone else, ninja-bike sticky-bomb drive-bys (I cant hate)....

Uh, yeah, sorry 'bout that.

Smooth Longsack
  • Smooth Longsack

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 hours ago

KD reflects your level of anger nothing more. I know ppl with kds under .1 that have done mastermind months ago.

Erm... to a certain degree. I'm as guilty as the next man for feeling I've been birthed into a system that is well beyond my control and most of my understanding. However, this is an outlet/escape that we all partake in. That said, combat is, imho, what this game was developed around. The fact that it's so interactive and beautiful that it basically transcends art does not refute that combat is what all of the mechanics were touched by or based on.

KDR is a tangible measurement of your understanding of the game itself. We'll better friends in game if i can tell that you get that. This is all just my opinion and i understand the dichotomy of it all for the reason stated above.

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

UK Dark Knights Crew Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 hours ago

I haven't played much over the past month, but went online last night for a couple of hours (max).

Played a couple of DMs, got a FR from one of the other players - then in free-roam received an invite to the DM 'Back Alley'.

This Italian kid joined, level 5545 with a KDR of 84 (or 86) - whose favourite weapon is the mini-gun.

His account is only a couple of months old, yet he has 100k+ players kills.

He was invincible, despite being shot in the face at close range multiple times and RPG'ed as well...

I quite shortly after my new friend did, and after talking to the other guy on our team who complained about the kid using a glitch.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 16 hours ago

This is incredibly important, for example, when choosing heist members. Knowing very little about these people you're "hiring", would you choose the person with the 0.32 KD or the one with the 1.40 one?

I never look at K/D when going into heists...levels mean more and not cause of experience but rather how much armor they can carry and how much health they have.

Everything else is up in the air.

filthstar0
  • filthstar0

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 hours ago

K/d is a meaningless bullsh*t stat end of story, it will never legitimately reflect actual skill until glitching cheating and cheap ass tactics end once and for all, anyone who honestly believes otherwise is brain damaged.

Sorry, not sorry

Smooth Longsack
  • Smooth Longsack

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 hours ago

This is incredibly important, for example, when choosing heist members. Knowing very little about these people you're "hiring", would you choose the person with the 0.32 KD or the one with the 1.40 one?

I never look at K/D when going into heists...levels mean more and not cause of experience but rather how much armor they can carry and how much health they have.

Everything else is up in the air.

Do you think that a level 100 with a kd of .36 is quicker to eat snacks and/or have their interaction menu up and at the ready than a level 20 with a kd > 2.0?

The guy with the 2.0 wins most of the time; pve or pvp.
Just my experience. Above 3.0 is an even better indicator. Sub 1.0 kds have their place in the world. It's just lower.

K/d is a meaningless bullsh*t stat end of story, it will never legitimately reflect actual skill until glitching cheating and cheap ass tactics end once and for all, anyone who honestly believes otherwise is brain damaged.

Sorry, not sorry

On old Gen, maybe. You should still have a large enough sample size to determine if you're a pvp fight winner or not.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 10 hours ago Edited by Miss Malevolent, 10 hours ago.

Do you think that a level 100 with a kd of .36 is quicker to eat snacks and/or have their interaction menu up and at the ready than a level 20 with a kd > 2.0?

The guy with the 2.0 wins most of the time; pve or pvp.
Just my experience. Above 3.0 is an even better indicator. Sub 1.0 kds have their place in the world. It's just lower.

Yes...my experience is the ones who have higher K/Ds tend to Rambo and ball hog in missions/heists because they think they're invincible. Because they are such "stone cold killers."

Health and how many armors you can carry are higher on the list than K/D and levels. And levels edge out K/D cause they indicate how much health you have and how much armor you can carry.

Honestly, I've NEVER looked at someone's K/D stat for a heist or mission. It has never happened and I'm not going to start now.

CMCSAVAGE
  • CMCSAVAGE

The other white meat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A minute ago

Then please do educate me.

If both players had the same stats, but the only thing that was different was that one of them had a higher KD, which one would you choose?

Even with the same stats, you'd have to assume that both players play the same way and engage in the same activities for the same reason. If "all things" were truly equal, then you could use the K/D Ratio as gauge to ones skill.

Unfortunately, you can't support an argument with assumptions.

The fact is, which has been stated several times, is that some people just don't care. I don't know why some have such a hard time grasping it. It's already bad enough that people get judged by their rank and other stupid sh*t, but judging people by some stat that has so many variables to make it meaningless, is pretty stupid.

I imagine that online would be a whole different game if the K/D Ratio wasn't a public stat. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users