Missing objects in houses

14 replies to this topic
wapster
  • wapster

Gentleman thief

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:54 AM

Since the last update I've been getting a strange problem- some of the objects in Michael and Franklin's houses just aren't there. The shadows are still there, but the objects aren't. I've reinstalled the game and removed all mods to see if it was those causing it, but the problem still persists. Is there any way to fix this?

dcu4x2.jpg

28ku7ox.jpg

116ou81.jpg

2ebtuh5.jpg

swirler
  • swirler

Peon

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:12 AM

2 things spring to mind.

Graphics driver (be sure its up to date), or failing that, lower your graphic settings. It can happen if you run out of vram, it stops loading in objects and textures.

Not to say its either, but its pretty easy to find out :)

wapster
  • wapster

Gentleman thief

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:23 AM

I tried lowering settings, it's still happening. The object's simply aren't there- you can even walk through the area where they're supposed to be. I clean reinstalled and it's still happening, so I'm fairly clueless as to why it's happening. It's never happened before on any update.

swirler
  • swirler

Peon

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:33 AM

Well if you are playing at the same or very similar settings, then it was a long shot in lowering them. Doesnt hurt to rule things out tho ;)  Have you checked you are on your latest drivers for your GPU?

My next thought would be a mod screwed something, but if your sure you wiped all traces and did a reinstall....

Some people find tabbing out of the game and setting its priority in the task manager (GTAV.exe) to 'High' helps. Not a fan of this myself, but worth a try til someone else comes along with other suggestions.

pledgesickness
  • pledgesickness

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:07 AM

if you are running from an edited save game file it could be something is corrupted within the file.

The other thing that springs to mind to me is the textures are not being loaded and the game did not get completely wiped during the uninstall.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:29 AM

turn off any over clocking you got in place. if any.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:07 PM

What are your settings, more specifically "Distance Scaling" slider?

Found out that many props are missing if distance scaling slider very low.

Spoiler

wapster
  • wapster

Gentleman thief

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:32 PM

What are your settings, more specifically "Distance Scaling" slider?

Found out that many props are missing if distance scaling slider very low.

It's on full, so I don't think that's the problem - It's not that they don't appear, it's that they don't actually spawn into the world and you can walk through the physical space where they usually spawn. It's quite a strange problem, and I've pretty much exhausted all the solutions I can think of, other than messaging R* support.

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:46 PM

I stole them

Jax765
  • Jax765

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:33 PM Edited by Jax765, 26 August 2015 - 01:33 PM.

Are you using the extra missions mod? When you uninstalled all mods, did you also remove the scripts folder?

wapster
  • wapster

Gentleman thief

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:55 PM

Are you using the extra missions mod? When you uninstalled all mods, did you also remove the scripts folder?

I tried using some of the XML map improvement mods, which could have a hand in this, but I removed them and the problem is still there. And no, I kept the scripts folder when I reinstalled as it saved time when putting mods back in.

Jax765
  • Jax765

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:21 PM

I tried using some of the XML map improvement mods, which could have a hand in this, but I removed them and the problem is still there. And no, I kept the scripts folder when I reinstalled as it saved time when putting mods back in.

Strange then. I encountered this exact same bug after installing Herbsman's custom missions mod, and it went away when I removed it.

wapster
  • wapster

Gentleman thief

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:07 PM Edited by wapster, 26 August 2015 - 07:35 PM.

Strange then. I encountered this exact same bug after installing Herbsman's custom missions mod, and it went away when I removed it.

Yes, turns out it was something to do with either the NOOSE mission mod or an addon pack I installed. I removed those and it seems to be working now. Thanks for the answer to this annoying problem :p Topic might as well get shut now.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:37 AM

Okay, I think I might know what you're issue is.

The NOOSE mod enables the DLC2 map (the one with the heist map updates which is loaded in GTA Online). When the DLC2 map is enabled, the objects in the safe houses which change as you progress through the story disappear.

I am trying to find a way to fix that so those objects appear correctly with the DLC2 map enabled.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Grand Theft Auto V: A huge improvement over snore (IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:03 AM

Anyone Found a Fix?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users