Quantcast

» «
Photo

Adding Cars with DLC Pack (Working Template)

V Released V WIP
186 replies to this topic
sacrecoeur
  • sacrecoeur

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:13 AM

Strange, not too sure what it could be then as everything in your XMLs seem fine. The only other thing I could think of is that you might have a carcols.meta or carvariations.meta in update.rpf\dlc_patch\*yourDLC* that's being loaded over the one you're editing with bad values?

There's no file in update.rpf\dlc_patch\ 

Strange indeed. I went over the .metas a thousand times already, can't find anything.

sacrecoeur
  • sacrecoeur

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:32 PM Edited by sacrecoeur, 10 July 2016 - 12:02 AM.

Ok im going f*cking insane. Can't get the tuning parts to work on any vehicle. Already converted 3 cars as add-on and tuning parts are never working. Im using the template provided by Game68240, anyone else had problems using it? (link: https://youtu.be/IYdy_Z8WCZc) because im starting to think something's wrong with it, some file set up wrong or something.

EDIT: Yes. there was something definitely wrong with those files. I used another car as a template and it worked.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:39 PM

Having a strange issue that I've never had before. I've got quite a few DLC packs and I've reached the limit in some way. I think it might be in gameconfig but I'm not sure.

Basically, I'm at a point now where if I add one more DLC file, no matter what kind it is or how big it is, my game gives me ERR_FIL_PACK_1 about 30-40 seconds into the loading screen. If I disable a DLC pack to bring me below this "limit" it works fine. Right now I've been working around it by putting addon mods into existing DLC files, but it's annoying to have to do that. I've increased ArchiveCount in gameconfig.xml but that hasn't changed anything. Any ideas?

Skot4th
  • Skot4th

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:34 PM

Sorry to bring up an old(ish)thread but i'm having trouble installing this mod.

I've followed all of the instructions, however as the files are almost 2 years old, I've had to edit some slightly, i.e. the DLC list and Extratitleupdatedata files to include all of the DLC updates Rockstar have pushed.  If I just drag and drop the files in the folder I'll lose 2 years worth of DLC content.

However when I try to load the game via Rage Plugin Hook the game crashes.

Am I doing something wrong?  With this mod being rather old is there a newer way of installing custom vehicles without replacing what's already in game?

Cheers

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:20 AM

Sorry to bring up an old(ish)thread but i'm having trouble installing this mod.

I've followed all of the instructions, however as the files are almost 2 years old, I've had to edit some slightly, i.e. the DLC list and Extratitleupdatedata files to include all of the DLC updates Rockstar have pushed.  If I just drag and drop the files in the folder I'll lose 2 years worth of DLC content.

However when I try to load the game via Rage Plugin Hook the game crashes.

Am I doing something wrong?  With this mod being rather old is there a newer way of installing custom vehicles without replacing what's already in game?

Cheers

I assume you're using OpenIV with the mods folder?

If so, let the game crash, open OpenIV.log in your GTA folder, then paste the last few lines here.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:10 PM

I assume there is still no way to make the game show the vehicle's full name when entering LSC, right?

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:31 PM

If I'm correct, manufacturer's name is assigned also in Los Santos Customs script, that's why it's not visible with custom DLC vehicle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users