Quantcast

» «
Photo

Adding Cars with DLC Pack (Working Template)

V Released V WIP
186 replies to this topic
TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:12 PM Edited by TheAdmiester, 27 August 2015 - 11:16 PM.

Just the xxx_mods.rpf that I'm using?

Yeah.

http://www82.zippysh...Su8AW/file.html

The mods are meant for the McLaren P1 mod from GTA5-Mods. It originally replaced the T20 but I edited it (both the car model and tuning models) to be "mp1". The car works fine in game, everything in carvariations and carcols.meta references the "mp1" parts within that archive. Every stat tuning part and wheels work, but for some reason these parts just don't appear.

Like I said I installed the Lexus the exact same way and every part shows up.

EDIT: Also, I've set up a new americandlc.rpf according to your guide. I've done everything right as far as I'm aware, but you didn't seem to explain packaging it back into the game. Every .rpf file in a DLC container needs to be listed in content.xml, right? Because I'm trying to figure it out myself and it's not reading the new files.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:44 PM

http://www82.zippysh...Su8AW/file.html
The mods are meant for the McLaren P1 mod from GTA5-Mods. It originally replaced the T20 but I edited it (both the car model and tuning models) to be "mp1". The car works fine in game, everything in carvariations and carcols.meta references the "mp1" parts within that archive. Every stat tuning part and wheels work, but for some reason these parts just don't appear.
Like I said I installed the Lexus the exact same way and every part shows up.

Originally was talking about renaming this, but IDK, doesn't seem like it should matter...

EDIT: Also, I've set up a new americandlc.rpf according to your guide. I've done everything right as far as I'm aware, but you didn't seem to explain packaging it back into the game. Every .rpf file in a DLC container needs to be listed in content.xml, right? Because I'm trying to figure it out myself and it's not reading the new files.

Language files don't need need to be in set in content.xml. dlctext.meta is the file that says whether or not the update/dlcpack has language files, so make sure you have dlctext in common/data in your dlcpack, in it hasGlobalTextFile = true, and that dlctext is set in content.xml.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:47 PM Edited by TheAdmiester, 27 August 2015 - 11:54 PM.

Hmm, it already has dlctext.meta defined in content.xml, and "hasGlobalTextFile" is already set to true.

Just for clarification, this is all formatted/pathed/created correctly, right? The global.gxt2 was created with the program in your tutorial.

SnQQPiY.png

You can see that the "mp1" is set to use "MCLAREN" which links to the hash and therefore the custom .gxt2 entry, but it just shows up as "     , Supers" in game, manufacturer and model both being blank.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:05 AM

Yeah looks right, probably forgot something in content.xml - this guy was just having the same problem (looks like gforce forgot a line).

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:12 AM

So like this?

qvQgG0Z.png

Because that doesn't seem to have changed anything.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:25 AM

So like this?

Spoiler

Yeah that should be it.. If you upload the whole dlcpack I can take a look at it.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:31 AM Edited by TheAdmiester, 28 August 2015 - 12:36 AM.

So like this?

Spoiler

Yeah that should be it.. If you upload the whole dlcpack I can take a look at it.

It just dawned on me that it might be because I have all of my added car .yft and .ytd files in x64e\vehicles.rpf. The new .gxt files might not be able to create entries for files outside of the DLC, so I'll test with mp1.yft (etc) inside the DLC first.

EDIT: Nope, for some reason if I do it that way the trainer just says "MP1 Spawned" without actually doing it. Seems like my added cars HAVE to be in x64e for some reason.

I'm stumped, so here's the file. I assume you won't need instructions since you clearly know more than me about DLC archives, lol. Just bear in mind that some files have references to "eclass", "lexus", "stanierum" and so on. Those are other cars that I've added, but they're in x64e.rpf, with their vehicles.meta and stuff being in this DLC.

This is also the file that contains mp1_mods.rpf if you want to check that out. Thanks for the help so far.

http://www16.zippysh...6biuO/file.html

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:54 AM Edited by SonofUgly, 28 August 2015 - 04:58 AM.

I'm stumped, so here's the file.

Alright so... I don't think you were actually loading anything inside the DLCPack. You shouldn't need to put anything in x64e (the only vanilla file you need to edit with a DLCPack is dlclist.xml).
setup2.xml was messed up, I commented out some unused stuff in content.xml while I was looking for the problem, MP1's handling wasn't in handling.meta (took me a while to figure out why it kept crashing - I put a place holder there), and I rebuilt the archives.
But all your gxt2 stuff was right.

Download. And remove what you put in x64e.
  • TheAdmiester likes this

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:19 PM Edited by TheAdmiester, 28 August 2015 - 12:52 PM.

Alright so... I don't think you were actually loading anything inside the DLCPack. You shouldn't need to put anything in x64e (the only vanilla file you need to edit with a DLCPack is dlclist.xml).
setup2.xml was messed up, I commented out some unused stuff in content.xml while I was looking for the problem, MP1's handling wasn't in handling.meta (took me a while to figure out why it kept crashing - I put a place holder there), and I rebuilt the archives.

Brilliant, thanks.

So what exactly was it stopping MP1 from loading if it wasn't in x64e?

EDIT: Removed the MP1 files from x64e, overwritten my dlc.rpf with the one you linked, now I'm getting the "Corrupt game data" error. This isn't going well so far.

EDIT2: There was a pesky content.xml in dlc_patch trying to load files that you've now removed. I replaced that with the version from your dlc.rpf and it works perfectly now, custom car names and all.

Cheers for the persistent help, I assume I can just work off of your files and it should work in future.

Just another question though, what should I do to get the LSC version of the manufacturer name to show up?

It works fine when getting in the car:

q57jmUg.png

But in LSC I only see the car name:

LK5EGHp.png

Which is strange, because if both work outside, and one works inside, you'd expect both to work.

I'm thinking that for some reason it might read from another hash instead of just using the vehicles.meta manufacturer name.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:53 PM Edited by SonofUgly, 28 August 2015 - 09:27 PM.

I think the issue was setup2.xml.

Just another question though, what should I do to get the LSC version of the manufacturer name to show up?
I'm thinking that for some reason it might read from another hash instead of just using the vehicles.meta manufacturer name.

Yeah it's a different hash. I think it's this:
0xA60CFC0E = Invetero Coquette
Don't know what 0xA60CFC0E is though.

Edit:

Anyone else run into any limits while doing this? I'm hitting some weird ones.

This DLCPack has 16 cars (at 162MB) in it, and while trying to add this F-14D (which brought the size to 184MB) I'd get crashes on startup (but looking at OpenIV's log, it was crashing while loading the spugrade DLCPack - which is after it already loaded my DLCPack). I turned the F-14D into its own DLCPack and it worked fine, but loading it and the other 16 car pack together still caused crashes.

Then I made an aircraft DLCPack, 5 planes (at 60MB) worked fine, but adding a 6th larger one (size up to 97.5MB) it started crashing.
(I've left the 6th plane in that pack, but commented it out, if someone wants to see if it works on their PC just uncomment it in the files)

The amount of vehicles and filesizes making it crash are totally inconsistent.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:49 PM

My best bet is looking into handling. On IV the limit was the number of lines in handling.dat. This limited adding cars to about 28 or so, when using shared handling, that limit went through the roof.

I currently use shared handling for all of my added cars.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:31 PM

I think the issue was setup2.xml.

Yeah it's a different hash. I think it's this:
0xA60CFC0E = Invetero Coquette
Don't know what 0xA60CFC0E is though.

Edit:

Anyone else run into any limits while doing this? I'm hitting some weird ones.

This DLCPack has 16 cars (at 162MB) in it, and while trying to add this F-14D (which brought the size to 184MB) I'd get crashes on startup (but looking at OpenIV's log, it was crashing while loading the spugrade DLCPack - which is after it already loaded my DLCPack). I turned the F-14D into its own DLCPack and it worked fine, but loading it and the other 16 car pack together still caused crashes.

Then I made an aircraft DLCPack, 5 planes (at 60MB) worked fine, but adding a 6th larger one (size up to 97.5MB) it started crashing.
(I've left the 6th plane in that pack, but commented it out, if someone wants to see if it works on their PC just uncomment it in the files)

The amount of vehicles and filesizes making it crash are totally inconsistent.

I know it'll fragment things a lot, but have you tried using more handling.meta files when the issue comes up?

For example, if you have 15 cars in one file and a 16th starts making it crash, have you tried making a dlc.rpf only containing the necessary files and handling.meta for the 16th car? I'm assuming the crashing only occurs when too many are in a single file, otherwise when Rockstar keeps adding new handling files for new cars they'd start breaking their own game.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:06 PM

@above - Yeah I tried that. That 16 car pack and 5 plane pack each work fine on their own, but if you try to load them together (as separate DLCPacks with separate handlings) it crashes on startup. Even just 16 + 1 failed.

And I don't think the amount of lines in handling.meta matters for V, I have all vanilla cars' handling in one handling.meta (309 entries) - though I am keeping these new added DLCPack's handling separate. Plus the 16 car pack with 16 handling lines works, but the adding the 6th plane to the plane pack doesn't.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:52 PM

Very weird, no idea what that could be then.

I'm also still struggling with the issue I mentioned earlier in the thread where mod parts function (ie. remove the original grille, bumper, etc) but won't appear.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:21 AM

Hey, SonOfUgly, have you viewed your OpenIV.log (if you use that .asi) to see which file the game is crashing on?

I've installed a few cars normally so far and mine is crashing at the [fiPackfile::openArchive] command for 'dlc_mpLuxe2:/x64/anim/ingame/clip_anim@.rpf'

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:14 AM

Hey, SonOfUgly, have you viewed your OpenIV.log (if you use that .asi) to see which file the game is crashing on?

Yeah, it crashes on the clip_anim.rpf from spupgrade - I have my dlcpacks to load after the other dlcs, but spugrade loads after dlcs (you can change load order in setup2.xml with order value). No idea why it crashes after, on spugrade.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:02 PM

Yeah, it crashes on the clip_anim.rpf from spupgrade - I have my dlcpacks to load after the other dlcs, but spugrade loads after dlcs (you can change load order in setup2.xml with order value). No idea why it crashes after, on spugrade.

It's strange, if I put all of my model files into x64e, and simply put all of the .meta changes into the DLC (for example, mustang.yft in x64e, then the vehicles, handling, carcols, carvariations in mpluxe) it works perfectly fine.

I was thinking there must be a file number or filesize limit on DLC packs, but that can't be right because Heists is like 2.5GB.

TheFlareEntercounter
  • TheFlareEntercounter

Arms Dealer

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:07 PM

Brilliant, thanks.

EDIT: Removed the MP1 files from x64e, overwritten my dlc.rpf with the one you linked, now I'm getting the "Corrupt game data" error. This isn't going well so far.

EDIT2: There was a pesky content.xml in dlc_patch trying to load files that you've now removed. I replaced that with the version from your dlc.rpf and it works perfectly now, custom car names and all.

Cheers for the persistent help, I assume I can just work off of your files and it should work in future.

It works fine when getting in the car:

q57jmUg.png

But in LSC I only see the car name:

LK5EGHp.png

Which is strange, because if both work outside, and one works inside, you'd expect both to work.

Maybe just type "Nissan 240Z" in the car name field and put nothing in the manufacturer name field?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:39 PM

This looks pretty neat. When I am doing real car mods though, I want to replace every vehicle in the game though. I like itwhen the cars go together.

However, when it comes to adding vehicles, I wanna make a GTA IV added car pack which adds the GTA IV vehicles that are not in GTA V. Just to name a few GTA IV vehicles that GTA V is definitely missing.
-The Swift with the TBOGT livery.
-Original Tourismo
-2 door Sultan RS
-Police Maverick (with LS paint job. The one in game is a Police Frogger in my book.)
-Tour Maverick
-Super GT
-Original Schafter
-Original Corquette
-Tug
-Presedente
-PMP 600

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:16 PM

I wish somebody would convert this beauty, but it's too highpoly it will stand out among others.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:53 PM Edited by SonofUgly, 02 September 2015 - 07:54 PM.

Woohoo, figured it out. It's the VEHICLE_SPAWN stack size allocated in gameconfig.xml. I set it to 3000 and both the carpack and aircraft dlcpacks worked together.

Edit: And setting it to 10000 doesn't cause issues w/ 4GB RAM, 2GB VRAM.
May also be necessary to change HandlingData poolsize in the future, but no issues yet so I'm not gonna bother.

Also texture sizes can be an issue too.
  • TheAdmiester likes this

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:20 PM

Here are two different gameconfig.xml files, from 335 and 393 versions of the game, before and after IGG. Indeed they have increased some numbers.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:29 PM

I wish somebody would convert this beauty, but it's too highpoly it will stand out among others.

This car have 17k polygons, so it's on par with lastgen quality of V cars.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:41 PM

IV/V cars have ~15k polys. This one, although having completely flat bottom, has 17k. But anyway, that's just me being querulous (if that's the right word).

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:51 PM

@nkjellman

I guess you didn't saw this.

@Claude Liberty

V currentgen cars are just simply tesellated to have 2x polygons than their lastgen counterparts, and of course detailed interiors with dashboard.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:09 PM Edited by nkjellman, 02 September 2015 - 08:10 PM.

@nkjellman

I guess you didn't saw this.

@Claude Liberty

V currentgen cars are just simply tesellated to have 2x polygons than their lastgen counterparts, and of course detailed interiors with dashboard.

I've seen several GTA IV vehiches converted. However, they replace existing cars. I'm hoping to adding them in a DLC in the future.

Personally, even the Tug boat would be more fun in this game since there is a flag which determines whether or not you can walk around a moving boat while its being driven by an ai or another player.

Two planes would also be great to make into added vehicles giving us access to more HD era vehicles.

1. The Blue Ghawar from TBOGT.

2. The MP Prop Jet (737) from the GTA Online intro. (It would have to be modified to feature a full interior as only the parts you see in the cut scene are modeled.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:18 PM

Here are two different gameconfig.xml files, from 335 and 393 versions of the game, before and after IGG. Indeed they have increased some numbers.

Woohoo, figured it out. It's the VEHICLE_SPAWN stack size allocated in gameconfig.xml. I set it to 3000 and both the carpack and aircraft dlcpacks worked together.

Edit: And setting it to 10000 doesn't cause issues w/ 4GB RAM, 2GB VRAM.
May also be necessary to change HandlingData poolsize in the future, but no issues yet so I'm not gonna bother.

Also texture sizes can be an issue too.

Brilliant, I knew it had to be something semi-related that Rockstar would change. I was just worried that said change was in the .exe and not the loose files. I'll experiment with this and see if there's much difference on my machine.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:34 PM

Double posting again but the thread is pretty dead and I wanted to update.

I've installed a fair few mods to MPLuxe2 so far. Two vehicles' model files are in x64e, and I think three of them are in MPLuxe2, but all of the .meta and .gxt files are in MPLuxe2. After increasing the counter in gameconfig.xml I haven't had a single issue so far.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:57 AM

I tried adding GTA IV cars to the game, and encountered a few issues.

1. Some cars crash. (probably due to a typeo somewhere)

2. Most cars have no audio. (No tire sounds, no engine sounds, no door sounds) Some cars do have audio though.

3. No radio in the added cars.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:24 AM

Got the dreaded E63's tuning parts working, and even made some custom text strings for them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users